Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

This is Sunday and that’s a museum day. After I finished my chores at home, I pulled on a pair of blue jeans, a blue denim shirt, and my royal blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and headed for the museum.

When I got there the parking lot was packed and I had to par at the far end which made for a longer walk to the front entrance.

Posted Image

I asked the guard what was going on and she told me there was a puppet show in the auditorium and there was a big crowd for that. Oh well the more the merrier at the museum (I’m sure DawnHH agrees). I found the folding stools and headed for my first sketching stop, which was at the top of the right stairway in the Great hall.

Posted Image

There was a lot of traffic through there today but most folks just glanced and kept going. I worked there for about 30 min. them walked to another gallery. This gallery is a large room done in carved wood panel (real oak woodwork) and I parked myself in the middle with my little stool and went to work again. Again most folks didn’t pay much attention but a few stopped and looked over my shoulder.

The last gallery was the Impressionist gallery where I again did battle with a Monet seascape. I have had a go at that painting almost every time I go to the museum and I keep getting closer but like any good Impressionist work, I see more in it each time I look at it.

A lady stopped and asked me about sketching and painting in the museum and she was surprised that the museum allowed (even encouraged) is. She seemed to know a lot about the art so I chatted with her for several minutes about the Monet I was working on. Not a word was mentioned about my boots.

After I got done sketching I put my stool back and walked around the museum for a while. I did notice one group of young people in front of me that kept finding an excuse to turn around to check out the guy in thigh boots.

This was another uneventful museum trip that really makes my week.

All -

Thanks for the encouraging words. Writing about the outings is part of the fun.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I'm not into wearing thigh boots (or skirts) myself but I love reading your stories as I find them very encouraging reading and they make me feel more determined to go out into the big world wearing my shoes and boots, more often. From the pictures I've seen you certainly pull off what you wear very well. :D I like the picture of you on the motorbike especially.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Heel-D -

Thanks for the kind words.

However the guy on the motorcycle is JimC and he certainly pull off what he wears very well.

All -

For all you guys that have never tried thigh boots, you missing a lot of fun.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Heel-D -

Thanks for the kind words.

However the guy on the motorcycle is JimC and he certainly pull off what he wears very well.

All -

For all you guys that have never tried thigh boots, you missing a lot of fun.

Oooops, that'll teach me for skimming too fast while I was typing. :D

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I'll have to get some daylight photos on the bike soon.. havnt had much time to ride in the last few weeks though.

Thanks for the compliments :wink:

Jim

No time to ride the last few weeks??!? I haven't ridden since ...... um ... August? (grumble, grumble) :D

Do you do much off-roading? In boots? :wink: Riding in the dirt is just way too much fun :-)

What year is the bike? Any mods or problems with it?

its a 05 suzuki drz400. The only mods were radiator protection, skid plate, and worked over the carb for better throttle responce. I also put on better offroad tires. I've not gone offroading in heeled boots as the foot pegs are a bit aggressive I'd tear up my boots very fast. I'm also still getting used to riding in the dirt again, I had a sportbike for a couple years but had to get rid of it.

(formerly known as "JimC")

This morning I was running about an hour late when I made my grocery stop. I went in wearing black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The register clerk went out of her way to be chatty and another clerk commented “your running late this morning” as I walked by. Maybe they were just glad to see that I wasn’t wearing a skirt again but folks just seemed to be extra friendly this morning.

Great start for the day.

JimC -

HeelsRus -

I don’t think I will ever get a motorcycle, not because I don’t want one but a whole lot of other reasons will prevent it. But I have ridden my bicycle, (26” Puegeot touring bike), wearing thigh boots with a 2” block heel. This was years ago and the only comment I got was one girl called out, “Look at those boots”, and gave me a nice smile.

I think when I get back on that bike it will kill me because it has been several years since I have ridden but I plan on trying. Short trips (around the block) first then I’ll see what happens. It really is fun to ride in boots.

This is a Photoshop image but you get the idea:

Posted Image

Today is Friday and that means jeans at work and that means royal blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. When I stopped at the grocery this morning I must have been really feeling good. I noticed I was walking in full stride with 5” heels. There were few people in the store that would notice but I sure felt good walking around. The register was being run by a clerk that is a very nice lady but I knew didn’t think too much of the way I have been dressing. She started off with a cheerful “How are you this morning?” I said, “I’m really fine this morning, things are starting well.” I have worn a leather skirt into the store before and I knew she didn’t like that so after she rang up my items I said “I know you didn’t approve of the skirt, but do you think the boots are too much?” “I think they are.” “Well … thank you, I appreciate it” I really was glad she finally told me what she thought of the way I looked. It added a little more to the knowledge base of how people react to a guy wearing thigh boots with heels.

Some will, some won't. But like many of us here that go heeling with confidence, I doubt you'll let that stop you. :D

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I stopped at Sam’s on the way home from work wearing blue jeans, a light blue denim shirt and my blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I really didn’t need much so I wandered around for a while. The register clerk was the first lady that over a year ago told me my boots “didn’t bother me none”. She greeted me by name (before she got my membership card). As she was ringing up my stuff I said, “Some people told me I had on too much blue”. She looked me over and said, “Too much blue? .... There is no such thing”. We bid each other a pleasant good evening. Shafted - Your right. I was glad to get some honest feedback but I still enjoy going out heeling in my boots. I’m not ready to stop.

the only time that there is "too much" blue is if you essentially have on 3 different hues. ie, a midnight blue top, blue denim jeans, and royal blue shoes if they're all at least close in color, it actually looks pretty good

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

My apologies :D . As I said, the register clerk knew me very well. The joke was that I was standing there wearing blue thigh boots and joking that someone thought I was wearing too much blue ie. my boots. But, Danielle is right. The blue jeans and lighter blue denim shirt look good together. Combine that with blue thigh boots and it looks great (my opinion anyway :wink: ).

Thighbootguy:-) I think that that outfit would look great on you. As long as you think you look "spiffy" in it---enjoy wearing it out in public. Your the one that has to be pleased with your looks in it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Sunday is museum day. I pulled on a pair of blue jeans, blue denim shirt and my blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, grabbed my sketch book and headed out.

Today the parking lot was empty which meant I almost had the museum to myself. The guards greeted me with friendly hellos and I found a stool and went to work. The guards expect me to be wearing boots and I think I would get more attention from them is I walked in with regular shoes.

Oh well it’s still Monet 12 me 0. There is more in that painting every time I see it. I walked around for a while the headed back out to the parking lot. There I changed the jeans for a short blue denim skirt. How short? I wore it under my jeans. The skit’s hem is about 1” above the top of my boots. It is cold so I’m also wearing a brown suede coat. The skirt’s hem is 6-8” below the hem of the coat. I walked around Eden park and a few people that drove by seemed to notice my boots, and yes, I noticed it was cold.

I headed over to the thrift store and was able to park at the end of the row directly across from the store with mirrored windows. As always the biggest step was getting out of the car but I was able to watch myself in the store’s windows. This outfit looks good. I walked around in the thrift store which was crowded and for the most part no one gave a rip.

Next I went to a small grocery store and didn’t find what I wanted but again I got to see what I looked like in the mirrors. I drove to the other end of the mall and went into Payless. I didn’t see anything I really wanted. The clogs others have found were only in an 11 which is a little too small for me.

I went on to a large grocery store and still didn’t find what I wanted. Again, it seems like no one cared that I was wearing thigh boots and a short skirt.

My last stop was a pay at the pump gas station.

The whole afternoon was a lot fun and another real confidence builder.

Dawn HH -

Thanks for the complement but you may have to translate “spiff” for the younger generation :D .

I think thigh boots are Ok with most anything but they look really great with blue jeans, short skirts, or shorts.

Great outing TBG I wish that I had your guts. I just had to tell you all about my thigh boots story. Sevreal times I have ventured out with my flat heeled thigh boots, a couple trips to the store and to an A.A. meeting. I wore them outside of my pants and diden't get any attention at all (suprise to me) .

77r90dL lf

Thighbootguy:-) I guess I'm showing my age, but here is a translation of "Spiffy" for the younger generation. It means that you look great and you are confident dressing that way and you are the cock of the walk and you know it and are satisfied with the way you look. Class dismissed. Crotchhiboots:-) Congrats on you for going out in your thigh boots over your jeans. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I went out for lunch and stopped at the local Goodwill where I found a pair of dark blue suede leather 5 pocket jeans. There are going to look great with any of my thigh boots.

DawnHH -

Nice translation. Thanks.

I went out for lunch and stopped at the local Goodwill where I found a pair of dark blue suede leather 5 pocket jeans. There are going to look great with any of my thigh boots.

DawnHH -

Nice translation. Thanks.

Dark blue suede and thighboots should be a good combination, thighbootguy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

This morning, I added “walking in 5” heels” to my list of Things to not do when I’m tired.

On my morning grocery stop I wore my black leather slacks and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. My work schedule this weekend made me miss a lot of sleep and I was tired when I went into the store. I found I was having a little trouble walking. Normally I have no problem with 5” heels and can walk with a fill stride. This morning I was taking small steps and still had a heel kickout several times on slick floor. It really does take some extra strength in your legs to walk in heels. If it didn’t, your legs wouldn’t have been sore when you first started wearing heels (remember?). It’s also one of the reasons that practice helps, you build up some strength in the muscles that are being used.

The good news is a good nights sleep should cure this problem.

Shafted –

I was so tired I forgot I had the new suede jeans or I would have tried them this morning.

Ok, didnt get any good bike shots recently.. tried yesterday morning but got too much glare.. oh well, will try again soon.

I did stop at a bit of a swamp trail thing this morning in the middle of the everglades. It's a 1/2 mile trip out to where I took the photos, and I could start to feel it by the time I got back to my truck.

I think it may have been a bit too much black, I tried another shot with the jacket unzipped after I got back and was able to replace the batteries.. Still too much black?

Have fun, let me know if I need to shrink these down more.

Jim

PS, it was only in the mid 40s, I know the ski mitts are a bit of overkill, but I find them fun *shrug*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regardless of what you think, great boot shots, JimC.

JimC -

With or without the ski mitts, the boots look great. I’m glad you are enjoying wearing them.

I think the photo problem is not the batteries rather the scene is back lit. Too much light sky is influencing the camera’s exposure.

Thanks everyone :D

TBG: After the shots on the nature trail the batteries gave up on me. The light problems occured durring some other photos, here is what I ment. I didnt modify this shot other then to shrink it down to fit.

Posted Image

I used the side edge of my b/f's truck to hold up the camera, and the flash bounced off something.. also the brake lights and turn signals cought too much light. I'll do better soon.

Seeya

Thanks everyone :D

TBG: After the shots on the nature trail the batteries gave up on me. The light problems occured durring some other photos, here is what I ment. I didnt modify this shot other then to shrink it down to fit.

Posted Image

I used the side edge of my b/f's truck to hold up the camera, and the flash bounced off something.. also the brake lights and turn signals cought too much light. I'll do better soon.

Seeya

No, your early evening pictures are nearly perfect - I like your playing with the lights. Because of the enlightened cloud at the left side: isn't it inevitable with a running motor?

By the way: your thigh high boots aren't of bad parents :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thanks for the compliments on the outfit. Unfortunatly the cloud you see is not from the motor running, it is reflection of the flash from a steel bar we tied the bikes to in the back of my b/f's truck. The reflectors also did their job, but overexposed the photo.. it was not nearly as dark as it appears in the picture. I need to get around to wearing that outfit in the middle of the day and just use sunlight to illuminate everything. Oh well. Have fun Jim