Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

JimC-

8899’s really are great boots. I have three pair and iloveboots has more than that. Here are a couple of tips on wearing them.

As you noticed, they are cut a little tight. Use caution pulling them on so you don’t pull the lining loose. I often roll them down before I put my foot in then roll them up my leg rather than pulling them up my leg, especially over jeans.

I don’t know if its just the way I walk in a 5” heel but I tend to wear the toe of the 8899’s very badly, to the point of wearing a small hole in the leather upper right on the toe point. I recommend having a cobbler install a top plate/tap or (as I did) epoxy a penny under each toe. After I did this I no longer hurt the leather upper but I have almost worn the pennies off. That’s my 2 cents worth on that topic (sorry).

As with all boots, 8899’s are more comfortable with a cushioned insole. In one pair, the insole kept working its way into the toe as I walked which was not too comfortable. I had to use double stick tape to hold the insole in place.

8899’s are my favorite boots and I wear them every chance I get.

Enjoy your new boots.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JimC- Nice boots. I'm tempted to try an out and about photo, but I'm worried someone would walk off with the camera. I'd be in deep trouble.

TBG- This thread is getting near 1000 posts. You should get an award for that!

I went for a little lunch time walk in my black 4 1/2" thigh boots to the King's Road. I was in work mode, grey duffel coat, pullover, blue cords, so not exactly a vision of freestyling loveliness, but probably ok. I'll post a picture of the outfit when I've got a minute. I changed on the Circle Line - the act of putting on thigh boots isn't as discreet as say ankle boots when you're on public transport, but I've had a bit of practice. I didn't have a lot of time today - I looked in at Pied a Terre, which had a very expensive 'sale'. Unfortunately I didn't have a spare £149 in my pocket - shame that.

I then went across the road to Office. A young lad serving asked if he could help me. I replied that I was just browsing. He answered that I couldn't just browse I had to buy something. I told him I'd bought quite a lot in Office actually. He got the hint. I carried on browsing and one of his colleagues asked me if I needed any help. I said I'm just browsing, but your colleague said I couldn't browse, I had to buy something. He came over and said I was only joking. I said to her, is it because of the boots? She looked down and said they're amazing, where did you get them? I told her Camden £50. What a bargain she replied.

I had a look in Peter Jones and then back on the no 11 bus. Quite a fun trip. No bad reactions, in fact no one noticed. I think thigh boots is the way to go - if you're wearing heels you might as well really wear them. I like the brown ones in my avatar better for wearing out I've decided. They're slightly lower at just under 4" today's boots need practice, I could feel the stretch in my calves after wards.

I was so pleased with my King's Road expedition I repeated it on Friday. I was dressed more or less the same, but with the brown boots in my avatar. I changed on the tube platform before I got on and was ready to go! Wearing thigh boots makes you a target for charity collectors. I got out at Embankment and there were loads of them in Villers St. I noticed a boy (student age) wearing one and a half to two inch heeled cowboy boots with his jeans tucked into them. I'd just walked past him and his colleague when I heard her say "oh my God - look at his boots" I turned round and she said "I saw you eyeing up his boots" I said they were nice & she said to him "His are better than yours" (a true statement IMO) I spent about ten minutes chatting to him and told him about the forum. During the conversation a young asian lad passed and said "nice boots, they suit you" We speculated whether it was meant as a comment on his perception of my sexuality. I said goodbye and carried on up Villers St. This is a much more business orientated area than where I work, which is mainly public sector. I noticed a few concerned looks from suited types, much different from yesterday's trip and my trip to Brighton. Had a quick look in Chokkers - bargain shoes, generally low quality. I didn't need a pair of plastic thight boots for £30. Then on to the Office sale shop in St Martin's Lane. I only discovered this a couple of months ago. Everything's £20 or less. I asked them about the boots I was wearing. The guy said they only had one pair in and that went as soon as they put it out - which pleased the bargain hunter in me. I then browsed in Covent Garden for a while, a couple of guys said "nice boots" to me as I passed. These seemed genuine comments, apart from that very little reaction to my appearence. Another fun trip out, I feel more comfortable walking in these with a slightly lower heel, half an inch or so makes a difference. I went back to work on the tube and really didn't want to take my boots off. I was tempted to walk back in with them on, but obviously not tempted that much.

somehow my posts as of late last night got wiped out or otherwise never got to this forum here (this thread I mean) but I wanted to tell you jimc, I love your thighboots, I'd wear them just the same way as you do-all in black, hence my name-TUCKED IN TO BOOTS!! :cry: & I do love to wear all black as well- it looks good on you as well!! :D

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

A great experience you had there, fogborkenvv. I'm sure that must have put you at ease.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I had a nice lunchtime outing yesterday. I went for a stroll up Oxford Street wearing Mrs. F's black coat, a plain blue shirt with double cuffs & cufflinks. Black pin striped trousers and my black 4 1/2" thigh boots. I changed into the boots on the platform at Green Park tube station. I always find putting my boots on the hardest part. I went down the escalator thinking "here goes" as I know from experience the metal floor in the walkways is quite resonant. As I was going down the escalator the director of our section was coming up. He didn't see me, I dont think I've exchanged more than half a dozen words with him. It did remind me that I'm taking a risk! On the way out of the tube at Bond Street I gave a seemingly mindless American tourist something to laugh at. I just thought you T*** (fill in the blanks), you don't know how good this feels and you never will you small minded little man! I first went into HMV I worked there several years ago - and spent about ten minutes chatting to an old colleague. Mainly about what had happened to this one and that one. After about ten minutes he looked down and said, "I didn't notice those" he thought they went well with the outfit and asked me if I went out in them. I said I'm out now, but what he meant was did I go clubbing in them, asked me why not, too old wasn't an excuse and that I ought to. I haven't seen this colleague for ages and it was nice to catch up with him. Back outside a young black lad thought my appearence was funny. I ignored him he went into H&M with his girlfriend. I had a look round Selfridges especially the cosmetics, and then went back to the office on the route 73 bendy bus. Whilst I was waiting a trendy looking man in his late fifties said "nice boots" as he passed. Another enjoyable trip. Wearing thigh boots is certainly more fun than boots under trousers, there's no hiding the heels. I've realised that appearing in public wearing exposed heels sorts people out. I'm sure why that's why Mrs. F won't let me wear them out in Horsham. It would sort people out and I'd loose friends. I'd certainly loose the illiberal bigotted ones - and were they friends anyway? Those are thoughts for another day.

That a great outing! I absolutely agree that wearing thigh boots fully exposed in more fun than wearing them under trousers. My personal taste in heels is boots over pumps or sandals so my line of reasoning went if I’m going to wear heels, wear heeled boots. If I’m going to wear heeled boots, wear thigh boots. If I try to hide the heels it will be too noticeable so don’t hide them. That lead me to wearing thigh boots in public. Then I discovered I really was comfortable dressing that way (a requirement) and I’ve been at it ever since. Isn’t it amazing how you can talk with someone for ten minutes and they don’t notice you are wearing thigh boots. I chatted with a lady in a grocery checkout line for 5 min and she only noticed my boots when I asked her what she thought of them. On a recent morning outing I was wearing caramel leather slacks and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. There was enough contrast in the slacks and the boots that the boots were very noticeable. Later that afternoon a work colleague sent me an instant message saying that someone he worked with said he saw someone in the grocery that morning and he was wondering if it was me. I was very busy and didn’t reply to the message and haven’t heard any more about it. I wonder how I was described (if at all)? I really do try to keep heels and work separated. Oh, please don’t be too hard on the “mindless American tourist“ . We sent that breed out so we don’t have to put up with them at home. :D

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

well, I've had that happen a few times to myself, thighbootguy I dont know if they really do NOT see what your wearing on your feet,or if they are POLITE and DO see it very well & just PRETEND as if they didnt!! :D its just one of those things that (@ least for me) makes me wonder!

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

well, I've had that happen a few times to myself, thighbootguy I dont know if they really do NOT see what your wearing on your feet,or if they are POLITE and DO see it very well & just PRETEND as if they didnt!! :cry: its just one of those things that (@ least for me) makes me wonder!

I'm sure that didn't happen this time. My old colleague has a reputation for 'adventurous' dressing outside of work. He really didn't notice - that combined with the cheeky smile that came across his face when he looked down. :D

I was conscious of people's reaction - I'd just witnessed a reaction of incredulity - which on this occasion emboldened me.

I’ve just had two really great thigh boot outings.

One of out local FM radio stations (classical music format) sponsored their second annual kite feast. I went last year (and wore boots) and there were 10,00 folks there. This year there were 20,000 people in this huge flat park and they were either watching or flying kites. The Chicago Fire sport completion kite team was performing and put on a great show.

I wore a tan suede jacket, black turtleneck shirt, jeans, baseball cap, and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I’m pretty sure that out of the 20,000 people I was the only one wearing heels. There were (roughly) paved roads from the parking lot (which was grass) to the flying area but after that it was all damp grass. With that crowd, it was at least half a mile walk from the parking lot to the event. I did take a folding chair with me to be sure I would have a seat. Standing on soft ground with stilettos is not easy and I was glad I had the chair.

Most folks didn’t pay any attention to my foorware. I did get a couple of smiles, several curious looks and one rather hard disapproving look but no one said a word, not even a “nice boots”.

After a couple of hours, a rain shower came through and most of the crowd left. The kite flyers kept flying, and I figured I wasn’t going to melt, so I stayed put. I did stand up so I wouldn’t get as wet but that was my only concession to the shower. Standing on soft ground with stilettos is not easy so I walked back to the pavement and toward a shelter. As I approached the shelter most folks noticed me coming. After I was there for a few minutes the rain quit and I went pack to my spot. Since most of the crowd was now gone, I was able walk over and talk to the flyers (all the time keeping my balance on the soft ground). They didn’t care what I was wearing, I wanted to talk about kites and flying, and they were just delighted to chat and were very generous with information.

After the show was over I walked back to my car, again over rough pavement and soft ground. My legs are reminding me that I had a fun day.

The second outing was the night before. The same group had a night flying demonstration at the same park. This time it was dark around the flying area so the lights on the kites would show, but the road in and the parking lot were lit with bright portable construction light sets so seeing a guy wearing thigh boots was very easy to do. The most surprised reactions I got were from folks in the dark areas that were walking with flashlights. When a 5” stiletto boot came into their light stream, the expression was priceless.

Again, I’m convinced it’s not what you wear, rather it’s how you present yourself. Confidence shows (so does the lack of it). I also remember to not become complacent about where I go. Considering the sponsor, this was an up scale sophisticated crowd that I expected to be tollerant of my boots.

I’ve just had two really great thigh boot outings.

One of out local FM radio stations (classical music format) sponsored their second annual kite feast. I went last year (and wore boots) and there were 10,00 folks there. This year there were 20,000 people in this huge flat park and they were either watching or flying kites. The Chicago Fire sport completion kite team was performing and put on a great show.

I wore a tan suede jacket, black turtleneck shirt, jeans, baseball cap, and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I’m pretty sure that out of the 20,000 people I was the only one wearing heels. There were (roughly) paved roads from the parking lot (which was grass) to the flying area but after that it was all damp grass. With that crowd, it was at least half a mile walk from the parking lot to the event. I did take a folding chair with me to be sure I would have a seat. Standing on soft ground with stilettos is not easy and I was glad I had the chair.

Most folks didn’t pay any attention to my foorware. I did get a couple of smiles, several curious looks and one rather hard disapproving look but no one said a word, not even a “nice boots”.

After a couple of hours, a rain shower came through and most of the crowd left. The kite flyers kept flying, and I figured I wasn’t going to melt, so I stayed put. I did stand up so I wouldn’t get as wet but that was my only concession to the shower. Standing on soft ground with stilettos is not easy so I walked back to the pavement and toward a shelter. As I approached the shelter most folks noticed me coming. After I was there for a few minutes the rain quit and I went pack to my spot. Since most of the crowd was now gone, I was able walk over and talk to the flyers (all the time keeping my balance on the soft ground). They didn’t care what I was wearing, I wanted to talk about kites and flying, and they were just delighted to chat and were very generous with information.

After the show was over I walked back to my car, again over rough pavement and soft ground. My legs are reminding me that I had a fun day.

The second outing was the night before. The same group had a night flying demonstration at the same park. This time it was dark around the flying area so the lights on the kites would show, but the road in and the parking lot were lit with bright portable construction light sets so seeing a guy wearing thigh boots was very easy to do. The most surprised reactions I got were from folks in the dark areas that were walking with flashlights. When a 5” stiletto boot came into their light stream, the expression was priceless.

Again, I’m convinced it’s not what you wear, rather it’s how you present yourself. Confidence shows (so does the lack of it). I also remember to not become complacent about where I go. Considering the sponsor, this was an up scale sophisticated crowd that I expected to be tollerant of my boots.

Hi Thighbootguy,

some years ago I observed on a hiking tour through the Rhoen nearby Frankfurt (the "Rhön" and the highest summit "Wasserkuppe" [950 m] is the traditional area in Germany for gliding planes) a course for paragliding. I was standing there fascinated for hours observing them. It seems to me much more riskless than flying with kites. In the late afternoon a strong up-wind was blowing. At this moment they could simply hang under their paragliders without any movement and without any risk. Playing simply with the wind. I lost a lot of my fears. I was always convinced that paragliding is a kind of suicide sport. May be that I'll book in nearest future a course on paragliding :D

Naturally I didn't wear high heels on this hiking tour. But today I was wearing my dark brown slip-on overknees over my new drain pipe jeans in my neighbourhood. After having detected my outfit the nice greek girl of my kiosk pulled down the zippers of her boots and pushed her jeans grinning into her boots and asked me "Thats better?" Me "Super!!!". We both were laughing loudly ...

nice greetings

micha (*reading your stories always with interest*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Today was a thighboot day.

It started yesterday when my electric window on my car went down and refused to come back up. Not having a garage and it was starting to rain so I elected to work from home and take the next day off to take the care to a dealer to get the window fixed.

You folks can guess what I wore to the dealer. A blue denim shirt and jeans, black baseball cap, tan suede jacket, and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. Since I was driving I had the boots cuffed down to knee length and I left them there while I was at the dealer. When I got out of the car the service manager gave a quick glance down but after that he didn’t miss a beat. He took my car and showed me into the waiting room. The two other folks in the room didn’t pay any attention to me. It was like a guy in high heeled boots walked in every day. I had a couple of books with me so I started studying. After a little while the service manager came in turned the TV on for us which made study impossible but one of the ladies started chatting with me about the news and we talked for the next 30 minutes until her car was ready. Not one word about my boots.

The owner came through a couple of times and spoke with everyone (good PR) and several of the salesman came through but no one seemed to care that I was wearing heels.

It took about four hours to get my car fixed and there were several more rounds of turning the TV off then back on. I talked with a few other people but nothing about my boots.

When the service manager came in for me, I walked back out across the service area with him and into the cashier area. There one guy gave me kind of a hard look but that was the only negative reaction I got (in fact it was the only reaction I got).

When I left the dealer, I had time so I went to a big mall in the area (Florence Mall Northern Ky.) I didn’t have any plans so I just wandered through the mall for a while. Only a few people even noticed.

Next I went to the Art museum and sketched for a couple of hours. The guards greeted me warmly as did the folks at the front desk. I had a good time wandering around and all the other patrons paid no attention to me.

I am reminded to be careful of what I wish for. I have wanted to be able to wear my boots whenever/wherever I wanted. It looks like I can but no one even notices. Oh well, it’s still fun to wear them.

To finish the afternoon off, I went to the local thrift emporium. I changed from the jeans into a short denim skirt. The hem of the skirt stopped about an inch above the boots which I wore over bare legs. With the exception of my gray hair, this outfit looks good and feels incredible to wear. This outfit more people noticed although I did walk in from the parking lot without turning a head. One reason the outfit feels so good to wear is the weather was bright sun and 57 F (14 C). The boots are warm in the sun and the contrast with the cool breeze is great.

In the store I started looking through the shoe rack and did hear one tisk.tisk from a lady behind me. Then I headed for the denim shorts there was a group of girls that were starting a good giggle until I walked into the same isle, they stopped immediately. I spent about 15 minutes casually shopping with no reactions at all. Finally I passed a group of young Hispanic guys that gave each other a nudge to look in my direction. I beat them to the punch by starting to smile (almost laugh) at their reaction.

All in all a good thighboot day.

Micha -

The kite flying event I went to was all ground based. Only the kites left the ground. The thing I enjoy about the flying is the control the flyers have over their kites. Most were flying 2 line sport kites which are delta wing kites and these were national champion flyers and they put on a great show. One guy (age 14, been flying since he was :D was flying a 4 line (Revolution) kite that is the helicopter of the kite world. This kite could do amazing stuff like dive toward the ground at 50 MHP (80 KPH) and full stop 6” from the ground, spin in place, and take off again. I really want to fly one of those but the kite is $230 so it may be a little while.

Fogborkenvv:-) A great looking outfit and, of course, I really liked your thigh boots. Nice pic. Thighbootguy:-) It sounds like you had a great time wearing your thigh boots again in public, even though you didn't get much reaction from the public themselves. But, then again, you wear them for your enjoyment, not the publics. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hey everyone, glad to hear more and more tales of thigh boot wear out and about. While my TB wear has been a bit less frequent I did get out for about a 45 minute motorcycle ride to the downtown area and back. Unfortunatly tuesday night seems to be quite dead, and I was unable to find a photogenic spot, so I stopped by the local Home Depot for a shot in honor of TBG.

Posted Image

I wore my 4" boots rather then my new 5"ers.. The 4" are enough of an issue for shifting/misc safety that I didnt want to risk 5" quite yet.

I will be in miami/Ft Laud tomorow, and plan to take a stroll through the 1 mile nature walk park in my 5" boots, figure that would be a bit of a trial by fire.

Have fun!

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Today is Friday and that means jeans at work but I started off this morning with something a little different. I wore a long sleeved denim shirt, tan suede leather jacket, black cap, black suede leather shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The shorts are loose fitting and the hem comes to just below the top of the boots.

On my morning grocery stop, a few folks glanced but I really got no reactions at all.

On the way home I wore the same boots over blue jeans and stopped at the same grocery. There are lots more folks in the store on Friday evening but still, no one seemed to notice or give any reaction.

JimC -

Great looking outfit.

I weigh about 200 lb. so replacing heel tips is a regular part of my boot maintenance. I have noticed that I have had a heel kicking out on me when I walked on a slick floor in the grocery so I suspected it was time to go to the cobbler. When I took a close look at my heels, I found two pair that needed replacement. I also found a new cobbler shop in Covington Ky. that I wanted to try so I pulled on jeans, a long sleeved denim shirt, black baseball cap, and my black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and headed for town. I parked about a block from the shop and had a nice walk to the shop. I had the boots to be repaired in a box and showed the guy what I wanted done. He gave me a good price so I took off the pair I was wearing and had him replace those tips also. The whole operation only took about 20 minutes. It turned out his credit card validation machine was broken and I didn’t have enough cash on me to cover the bill. I had already put one pair back on so he kept the other two while I went back home to get a check. So I walked back to the car and headed home. When I got back I had to park across the street and farther away but it was a nice walk. I paid the man and walked out with my boots. It turned out he was the son of the previous cobbler in Covington who took over the business in a new location when his dad retired. I went back home and decided to go to the museum. A digression - Contrast is what attracts the eye. I have been commenting that people don’t seem to notice that I’m wearing my black thigh boots so I thought I would try adding come contrast. For the museum trip I wore the same shirt, cap, and jeans but I wore my white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heel (and new heel tips). The contrast does make a difference. The white boots are a head turner. The museum was crowded with a group of student from Center College of Danville, Kentucky on a field trip and they got to see a good show at the museum in addition to a guy wearing white thigh boots sitting on a stool sketching away. I did chat with several of the students about the art and I’m sure there will be a lot to talk about when they get back to campus. Another fine day in thigh boots but still not a comment from anyone.

Today was another museum day. I wore jeans, a long sleeved denim shirt, black baseball cap, and my royal blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

Today Mason (Ohio) high school was on a field trip to the museum and there were lots of high schoolers al over the place. I walked in to a couple of surprised looks from people I took to be with the group and headed up the stairs in the main hall to the second floor. There I walked through a crowd of kids to pick up a stool so I could get to work. I made my way to one of my favorite portraits and started working. Gorups were streaming by but few seemed to take much notice. The exception was (of course) several groups of high school girls who were behind me and decided something was funny. You know how contagious giggling is in a group of high school girls ... Anyway, I worked on several other paintings and walked through an exhibit of miniatures the museum is featuring without further incident.

After walking back out to the car, I decided to head to the local thrift emporium. I had to park at the far end of the lot and it was a nice walk into the store. I browsed around a bit and found two pair of denim shorts that should look good with thigh boots. I think they won’t be as alarming to folks as the denim skirt is.

As I was checking out, there were two young ladies in line in front of me that were dressed very fashionably and I noticed a hardbound sketch book opened in their cart with some nice fashion sketches in it. They didn’t notice me and left the store while I was checking out. I caught up with them outside and said, “Excuse me but I couldn’t help noticing your sketch book and it’s very nice.”

As I addressed her she turned and she saw a guy in thigh boots with 5” heels and her expression was priceless. :D She replied, “ I can’t help but notice your shoes!”. And she called to her friend, “Hey xxx(didn’t catch her name) look at his shoes!”. :cry: Another priceless expression.

“Wow, everything goes together but your wearing heels ... I’ve never seen a guy wear heels before.”

I thanked her for the complement.

“Do you wear them all the time?”

“As often as I can.”

“Where can you get them?”

“There all over the Web, these are Ellies.”

“What size are they?”

“14s”

“Then you must have gotten them on the Web.” “Were getting ready for our fashion show.”

“Where is the show?”

“UC (University of Cincinnati May 12 at 7:30.”

As we said goodbye she left me with, “Those really are hot”.

Today qualifies as a very good thigh boot outting.

vector -

The off roader in JimC and I'm sure he thanks you for the kind words.

Thighbootguy:-) (First post)---No comments even after contrasting with the white thighboots? Hmmm! (Second post)---the two girls with the sketch book certainly sparked up with their conversation and comments to more than make up for the first post with no comments. That's got to be very satisfying for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

This morning I had the day off and went out just to be going out. I wore a long sleeved denim shirt, black baseball cap, blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, and denim shorts. This looks good if I do say so myself. The first place I went to was the airplane viewing area at Cincinnati Airport. This is a parking lot on a little knob that overlooks the airport and there are several park benches. I pulled in and parked with several other cars and pulled out my sketch book and headed for one of the benches near my car. This was the first time I have worn heeled boots with shorts and although I think it looks good, I wasn’t too sure of others reaction. Well here there was no reaction at all. The airplanes held far more interest then a guy in thigh boots. I finished my sketch and walked back to the car. Since I was out in the Florence Ky. area, I headed for the mall. A nice thing about this time of day is that all the high school kids are in school. When I got to the mall, the hardest step was getting out of the car but I liked my look so away I went. I had to walk across the parking lot to get to the mall and there were three guys taking a break at the mall entrance. One guy called out, “Hey, what’s with the boots?” I walked over to them and said, “I just like them.” “Are they men’s or women’s?” I turned my foot to show the heel and said,” With this heel what do you think?” “Female.” “Yeah, but there fun” and I walked into the mall. I still haven’t figured out if people are just being polite, lost in their own world, or blind but hardly anyone even raised an eyebrow. This is a two level mall and I walked the length on the lower level then took the escalator to the upper level and walked back. I took the escalator back down (making sure not to catch a heel) and left the mall. The three guys were still on break so I walked over to them and said, ”So what do you think?” (and then realized that might be beyond this trio) and I offered, “There different.” “Yeah, there different.” “Well, male or female, their my boots” “Yeah.” I walked back across the parking lot to my car. Next I headed for a large Goodwill (thrift store) that was in the area. This time I just bounced out of my car and walked across the lot and into the store. I walked around and headed for the shoe rack (never know what you will find). There was an older lady there that saw my boots and exclaimed, “Where did you get those boots!” I told her I found them on the Web. “Look at them, there real leather, Nordetrums has some that are high like that” and she pointed to the top of her leg and took a step and swung her hips as if she had on heels, which generated a smile from both of us We parted and I walked all through the store. I managed to encounter a different lady (who had a cart) twice and she commented, “I just seem to be in your way.” “Not at all” and I moved out of her way again. I'm sure she wouldnt have spoken if I didn't have on the boots. As I was leaving the store I overheard the best comment of the day, “He walks better in them than I do.” After the Goodwill I headed for a Bigg’s grocery. This is not the store I normally go to and there was no one working that I recognized. I walked around (without a cart) and gathered my items and headed for the checkout and chose the longest line. There was a manager type that was directing people to shorter lines and she called for me walk the width of the store to a different register. She watched me walk but didn't say a word. The clerk was a tall young woman and I was sure she saw my boots but she gave me no reaction at all. Finally I said, “So what do you think?” and indicated my boots. Her eyes got big :D and she exclaimed, “Wow, I didn’t even notice.” “So what do you think, does it look Ok?” “Maybe not with the jeans shorts, those [boots] are fancy ... maybe [wear them] with something more dressy.” I thanked her and bid her a good day. Contrary to the sales clerks advice, I think the thigh boots and shorts looks good enough to wear out and about. Another good boot day.

Ah well, maybe I should have left well enough alone. I made one more venture out wearing my blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos, a long sleeved denim shirt and jean shorts (forgot my hat). I went to the big thrift store where I bought the shorts yesterday. Anyway, this outing was one that gave merriment to some of the folks in the store. One gal was doubled up laughing on her boyfriend’s shoulder. My assumption is that I was the source of merriment, but it may have been her way of discouraging him from having similar notions on how to dress. In another isle there were two girls shopping and I thought they were going to bust if they didn't laugh soon so as I walked by I smiled and asked, “Too much?” “A little.” She replied and that seemed to defuse the situation. Oh well you don’t hit a home run every time you go to the plate. I still like the look of the outfit so I’m not too discouraged.

TBG) You're right not to be discouraged. In the few times I've ventured out in thighboots I've been amazed by the lack of reaction, so when I've caused obvious amusement it's quite fun. I feel in need of a thigh boot adventure today, but it's a work day - shame.

I didn’t mean to give the impression that a few giggles would stop me from wearing my boots. Today I went out again with no destination in mind. I wore a short sleeved dark blue knit shirt, jean shorts, black baseball cap, and my royal blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I stopped into a Payless just to look around and got no reaction at all from the clerks or patrons. They didn’t have anything of interest so I headed for a large department store I hadn’t been in for years. Value City is like an upscale Wal-Mart. I had to walk a good way in the parking lot and as soon as I got into the store a lady stopped and looked then said, “Nice boots”. I put on my best smile and thanked her and started walking through the store. I got a couple of looks but I was surprised how many directions people can look other than down. Most folks paid no attention or just ignored me. I left the store and walked back to the car. At the other end of the strip mall (which is about 1/4 mile long) there is a Big Lots. I haven’t been one before and I thought I would see what they had to offer. This is a large discount department store with all sorts of stuff. A few people looked twice but I just had a good time wandering around. Next I spotted a little thrift store I didn’t know was there. I parked on the street near the store and walked into the Small Blessings Thrift Store. The place was small and cramped with a very limited selection and hymns playing on the sound system. I wandered around and in the background overheard one patron saying something about “them boots”. I didn’t see anything of interest so I bid the manager a good day and walked back out to the car. After that I drove to the large thrift emporium I visited yesterday where I encountered the gigglers. Todays visit was completely different. After I was walking around for a while, a lady looked at me and said “Those are nice boots.” Big smile, "Why thank you." “You didn’t get them here did you?” “No I got them on the web.” “You know, these was a store here in town that used to have those thigh boots, but by the time I got there the store had closed.” (Thing Shop Newport Ky.) I kept wandering around and spotted a pair of boots that looked a little bigger then normal. They were black knee high stretch fabric size 13 from Payless but they didn’t have a price marked on them. I grabbed the boots and went off to find a manager. She priced them at $3.50. I walked around a bit more then headed for the register. The register clerk didn’t seem to notice I was wearing boots but I know she did and was just ignoring them. As I was leaving I spotted the manager and asked her if there was any problem with my wearing my boots in the store. She said, “No not at all” then continued, “Wear whatever you want.” After that I headed to the Dollar store at the other end of the strip mall. T wandered around a bit and overheard the comment, “Just when you think you’ve seen it all...”. This was a nice outting.

well, thighbootguy, this has happened to me almost exactly the same way from time to time! it all goes to show that EVERYONE is different in how & what they see in the world around them, & their reaction TO the world-meaning the people they see EVERYWHERE & things they might notice as to how those other people may be dressed, every single day is totally different in the same place you might be in or to different places alltogether that you find yourself in any time of day, etc & it takes ALL kinds of DIFFERENT people to make this world so you see most do NOT notice @ all, some do but do not react (as fars as one might know) some do react, in ways that are picked up by you in a thousand different ways that you percieve. it comes down to how all others SEE you in boots & in what way they might (@ that particular moment) react or think or feel about what they are seeing (there's those double takes again!! :cry: ) it does indeed make life very interesting! :D

I must say that I admire Thighbootguy and all you others who wear thigh highs in public.

I live in Norway, and it's supposed to be a freeminded country to live in, but even if I wear "low" heeles thigh highs the looks and giggles are sent my way. Thus back to the closet...

To let you see what I'm talking about:

Posted Image

Here's a closer look at the heel:

Posted Image

Giggles are not too much of an issue for me. It's spring break time so there are alot of college students in Florida right now. I was shopping at Nordstrom Rack trying on shoes/boots when I heard a couple of coed's giggling. Overhearing their conversation it wasnt so much that I was a guy trying on heeled boots, but that I was wearing a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt, and they were laughing at how people usually have a perception of NIN fans as being hard edge, almost violent looking people, but here was this guy in a NIN shirt, wearing womens running shoes, trying on heeled boots. Thought it was amusing as well :D Unfortunatly I was short on time, and shy.. I should have said hi.. but I wanted to get home to see my b/f. Btw.. Wore my 5" thigh boots while heading across the state again yesterday morning. Stopped at the 1 mile nature walk, but after wandering around the parking lot to warm up I decided against a long walk as I didnt want to be late to my job site. Soon after getting back on the road I blew out a tire on my worktruck.. I didnt want to damage my boots so I put on sneakers to change the tire.. oh well Have fun Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")