Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

fogborkenvv –

What an outing. I keep saying the hardest step is getting out of the car. I also caution folks to pick the places they go in thigh boots carefully. Sounds like you understand both concepts.

What kind of thigh boots did you buy?

Nasty chest infections are no fun but if that is what it is, drugs will help. (If it’s a virus they won’t help at all.) Rest up and get well soon. Everyone is awaiting your next outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Ok, didnt even notice where the hose seemed to be going. Ooops. Being that these were taken around 3:45 AM it was a bit quiet out, no-one really seemed to be around. If it wasnt the 7-11 thats about 1/2 mile from my house I may have gone inside.. but these people notice when their regulars didnt stop in for 2 days in a row.. let alone that outfit.. oh well Temps are back into the 80's tomorow, so it's again too warm to wear that, but I've got an option if I can get over to a larger area while it's cold. Next time I'll wear em on my motorcycle, but being a dual sport (street legal dirt bike) I need to adjust the shifter a bit to compensate for the boots.. sorta set for MX-boots right now Have fun Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Awesome look Jim. You womn't have any problems around Seattle. I am not far from Seattle, we should see if we can't hook up for drinks/dinner? When are you there and how long?

david

Hey guys, went for an early morning errand run wearing my 4" thigh boots, black leather pants, and black leather jacket. Winter has sort of arived, so it was -more- then warm enough for around here, and I may wear this combo while up in Seattle soon. Have fun

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Great pics, JimC. Now that's you mentioned the hose, it does look rather odd. :D

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

fogborkenvv –

What an outing. I keep saying the hardest step is getting out of the car. I also caution folks to pick the places they go in thigh boots carefully. Sounds like you understand both concepts.

What kind of thigh boots did you buy?

Thanks TBG - it was a scary moment, but I'm sorry I didn't make it into the chemists. Sorry there are no pictures they are worth a thousand words, but I'm just wondering what you do. I have visions of approaching strangers with a digital camera and asking them to take your picture whilst you strike a pose in thighboots.

I've got two pairs, one I bought in Camden for £50, in a sale. They are all leather and have a 4 1/2 heel. Inside it says Fantasy Shoes, London and on the sole it says made in the UK. Better quality than the price would suggest.

My other pair are 5 1/2 heels and I'm not sure I could wear them out as they're too high for me.

This was Friday (jeans day) and the last work day before the holiday. On by grocery stop I wore my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos heels. It had been several days since I had worn them and calf muscles let me know it had been a while. I switched to my flat keeled thigh boots and went to work. When I got there I discovered the biggest company we share a building with had the day off and there was almost no one there. I decided to keep my boots on for the rest of the day. I got a couple of raised eyebrows but that was it. I think most people consider all the IT people are nuts to begin with. Someone here commented about a group like this all having fallen off the Planter’s truck. It’s an apt description. Anyway, with no one else there, we decided to call the day off at noon. On the way home I stopped at a bank to make a deposit. I could have used the drive through but how much fun is that? I pulled on my 5” heel boots and went in. No one batted an eye (at least while I was in there). Nest I went to a Sam’s that I don’t normally use and the parking lot was FULL. Still wearing my boots, I went in to get some stuff. No one seemed to notice at all. Last, I went to a fabric store to get a new zipper for my old pair of flat heeled boots. The one the cobbler replaced failed so I think I’m going to have a try at it myself. At worst I can take them back to the cobbler. The cashier ask what the zipper was for and I told her it was for an ankle zipper and indicated my boots. She wished me a Merry Christmas and I left.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi TBG,

What a terrific way to close out 2005 at work!! Way to go! Now that you've accomplished this incredible hurdle, it was no big deal, you can now comfortably wear your flat heel thigh Boots to work on a regular basis. I can feel the sense of "how cool this feels" through your posting. It is!! There is no better feeling than to be one's self.

Merry Christmas....and may 2006 be another year of wonderful discoveries about yourself and what you can accomplish!!

Your friend,

david

This was Friday (jeans day) and the last work day before the holiday. On by grocery stop I wore my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos heels. It had been several days since I had worn them and calf muscles let me know it had been a while. I switched to my flat keeled thigh boots and went to work. When I got there I discovered the biggest company we share a building with had the day off and there was almost no one there. I decided to keep my boots on for the rest of the day. I got a couple of raised eyebrows but that was it. I think most people consider all the IT people are nuts to begin with. Someone here commented about a group like this all having fallen off the Planter’s truck. It’s an apt description.

Anyway, with no one else there, we decided to call the day off at noon. On the way home I stopped at a bank to make a deposit. I could have used the drive through but how much fun is that? I pulled on my 5” heel boots and went in. No one batted an eye (at least while I was in there). Nest I went to a Sam’s that I don’t normally use and the parking lot was FULL. Still wearing my boots, I went in to get some stuff. No one seemed to notice at all. Last, I went to a fabric store to get a new zipper for my old pair of flat heeled boots. The one the cobbler replaced failed so I think I’m going to have a try at it myself. At worst I can take them back to the cobbler. The cashier ask what the zipper was for and I told her it was for an ankle zipper and indicated my boots. She wished me a Merry Christmas and I left.

Way to go, thighbootguy! Wow, you really put and end to your no thighboots to work rule.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thighbootguy:-) No heels or not---you really broke the ice on wearing your thighboots at work. You should now be able to wear them there at will. Congrats on you finishing a great thighboot year and here's hoping 2006 is even better. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Iloveboots -

Shafted -

Dawn HH -

Guys, thanks for the encouraging comments about my wearing my flat heeled thigh boots at the office. I think you missed part of my post where I said “there was almost no one there”. That meant there were no meetings and I only had to interact with 6-5 other IT folks. Even my new boss wasn’t there. Oh well, as my 100 year old aunt tells me, “Quality work takes time”. Winter is just starting and I’m sure there will be other opportunities where I can use the cold weather as an excuse.

The reaction really was mixed. One lady (stereotypical blond) commented that I was ready for 12 foot snow drifts and later asked me if I rode (equestrian). I said I didn’t and didn’t say anything else. She seemed to not be able to comprehend my just liking to wear boots. You folks know I’ll chat with anybody about wearing boots but she is an exception.

Another reaction from a guy was a real “WOH” and when I didn’t act embarrassed he went on to another subject. he went on to another subject. Two other folks that I work very closely with didn’t bat an eye, but offered no comment either. The most fun reaction was from out team leader. (Our Team leader is not our boss, he gets to go to meetings and try to organize us (nobody else wanted the position)). At the end of the day I wandered into his office and sat down in a chair on the opposite side of his desk. It tool him a few minutes to notice my boots (that’s why we like him as team lead) and when he did his eyes started to get bigger :wink: . It was obvious he was trying hard to not say anything so I crossed my legs with my ankle up on my knee which made his eyes get a little bigger :D . I intentionally didn’t mention my boots or open any conversation about them. In a minute his eyes got back to their normal size and we finished our meeting. By then it was time to go home.

This was not a typical day at the office but like I said, Winter is coming.

On a completely different topic:

I have a pair of Ellie 8868 leather thigh pull on boots with a 4” stiletto heel. These boots are pig leather and are stiff enough that they don’t fall down my leg too badly but I wanted them to fit my leg a little tighter. I turned the shaft inside out as far as I could and ran a seam up the back of the shaft which took any flare out of the shaft the made the it almost straight. The heel limits how far I can turn the boot inside out so the seam starts about 8” above the top of the heel. Ellie tends to make the shaft of the boots large enough for most to wear which, in a size 14, turns out to be too big for my leg. I think the boots look much better with the tighter shaft. I’m considering opening the seam on the back of the boots and installing a zipper that will run the fill length of the boot so I can tighten the shaft around the ankle. Any comments on technique would be appreciated.

Thighbootguy:-) It may not have been a normal day at the office for you to wear your thighboots, being only 5 or 6 people there, but you did get reactions from those that were there. I'd say that is a positive for you and you can build on that for future days when there is only a handle-full there. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi TBG & Dawn,

I am totally on the same page as you Dawn. Once you have accomplished the hardest challenge, doing something for the first time, keep on going. TBG, you have the greatest opportunity now to really be you. The 4 or 5 co-workers that have already experienced seeing you at the office in mens cavalier style THB's are no longer a challenge to overcome. You have set the bar, keep on going. In your heart you'll know that this is the right thing for you and I bet your bosses will also experience increased attention from you to your work and stronger productivity. Why? Because you're happier doing your job. Before long it will be your look, one that everyone identifies you with.

I was known by my customers as the "Boot Guy" and they sure knew who I was when I walked into a store. When I showed up to a store and I wasn't wearing Boots it became more of an issue! "Where are your Boots??"

Have fun TBG....be YOU!

Yesterday Cathy and I had to run a bunch of errands around town. For only the second time I had the opportunity to wear my new Brown Mocha Pleaser 8899's out and about, with 5 inch heels. When we got home, (forgot to bring the camera with us, duh!) Cathy wanted to snap a few pics. Our day started with a stop at the Post Office, a visit to the local newspaper to place a donation to a charity, a stop by the pharmacy, and a stop at Starbucks for coffee and treats. At the Post Office, a Lady in line (also wearing nice knee high high heel Boots over jeans) commented on how nice my Boots were, asked where we had gotten them. I passed along your web site info Angie & Bob. The only other reaction was at Starbucks where a group of young teenage girls chatted amongst themselves loudly about the sexy Boots, etc. Cathy joined in to their conversation and there was total agreement amongst all five girls that "this was a hot look".

Linking to the www link at the bottom of this posting will take you to the large pics.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:drinking:

Happy New Year,

david & cathy

I have been wearing my low heeled thighboots to work regularly for over a year as my regular winter boot. In my opinion they are just THE perfect all terrain winter boot. I really don't know why people even take notice of them, but they do. People can be really odd.

iloveboots You inspire more people here than just me, thats for sure.

Wonder what positive things these ladies might have to say about your thighboots?

Posted Image

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

After several months of just wearing my thigh boots to the grocery in the morning and shopping on the way home, I’m now traveling for a week and I hope to spend most of it wearing thigh boots. I’m back in Reston Va. for a week. DawnHH, there wasn’t time to stop by your museum on this trip. I drove all the way wearing jeans and a turtleneck a black unlined ladies blazer, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I stopped for lunch at a Cracker Barrel at noon on Sunday and they were busy. I had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. Several of the other guests were amused but most did notice and didn’t ignore me. If I read the group correctly, I’m going to be the topic of conversation at several bars and I’m going to get prayed for. When I was seated I had to walk across the dining room and most folks noticed (maybe it was that I was 6’5”, but I think it was my boots). There were no comments and I presented myself as if this was what I always wore and there was nothing exceptional about it. Later I stopped for gas and it was also uneventful. When I walked into the hotel lobby, I had my boots cuffed down to knee length (it’s more comfortable driving that way) and the clerk didn’t bat an eye. I went to changed into a white shiny blouse and gold disk earrings with the jeans, blazer and boots and went to a Longhorn Steak House. I thought the guy at the door was going to swallow his teeth and one of the waitresses had a “one of them” look on her face but when I got to the table one of the other waitresses walked passed and gave me a big smile and said, “I like your boots”. I thanked her and sat down to order my dinner. Unfortunately the gal that liked my boots was not my waitress but neither was the “one of them” gal either. While I was waiting for my dinner the waitress that liked my boots passed my table several times and I finally asked her if she had a minute. She said, “Sure”, and I asked her if there was anyplace in Reston that I shouldn’t go wearing my boots? She asked, “Are they comfortable to walk in”? “Sure, that’s not a problem at all”. She sat down at the table and told me about a part of town she didn’t like to go to because it was kind of rough and than told me about several other places that shouldn’t be any problem at all. I asked her about taking the bus into down town Washington DC to go to the National Gallery? She said she would avoid the subway but the bus should be fine and hoped I had a good time. All in all a good first day.

Always enjoy reading your posts, thighbootguy, and this one's no different.

Part of the fun this week is to leave my gut shoes out in the car. I only plan on wearing them to class and all the rest of the time I’ll be wearing boots of some kind. This morning I left my room wearing jeans, a long sleeved white shirt, the black blazer and my granny boots. I didn’t have anywhere to go but to class so my thigh boots weren’t worth all the effort. After class I came back to my room and changed into a black silk shirt, black slacks (with the zipper in the back) small gold ball earrings and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and the black blazer and went grocery shopping. All I was after was some decent coffee and creamer but I made the tour of the store. Hardly anyone seemed to notice. Next I went to K-Mart and bought a pair of white hose. Again, I had to tour the store to find what I wanted and I only got a couple of second glances. I went back to my room and changed the black slack for the caramel leather ones and wearing my boots over the leather slacks, I headed out for dinner. These slacks are tight enough to require hose under them or they would stick so tight I couldn’t sit down. I went to an Italian restaurant and had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated. Most of the staff noticed the guy in the waiting area wearing thigh boots but, other than a few smiles, they were too busy to comment. To be seated I had to walk across the dining room to my table. Being 6’5” dose give a different perspective to things. The only other affect my outfit had was the leather pants were tight enough to prevent me from ordering a big meal (which was not a bad thing). After dinner I walked to the other end of the outdoor shopping mall to the Barnes and Noble bookstore and wandered around for a while. The whole time I was out I didn’t even hear a snicker or any comment of any kind. So far this trip is being a real confidence builder. I’m starting to understand that I can wear these boots anywhere I can walk in a 5” heel but I still keep reminding myself to not become complacent. One bad outing could spoil the whole trip. I’m also starting to enjoy wearing my boots just because I like the look and I’m not upset if I don’t get positive feedback. I’m also not asking for feedback from people around me. Words are failing me when I try to describe how nice it feels to dress this way just because I enjoy it. This is going to be a fun week.

...but I still keep reminding myself to not become complacent. One bad outing could spoil the whole trip...

That's a great attitude to have. I think some people take an inch of good responses from society and try to strech it into a mile. "Well, I got away with the heels. Why not a dress and heels now?" The advance in personal street heeling achievements if not tempered with sober caution can be risky. Then they burn themselves on an individual level or worse, burn "us" as a collective whole. Your alertness to complacency or guard against overconfidence is prudent and a course I hope others heed with haste.

I wore my new Payless ankle boots over jeans when I left the hotel and changed into my guy shoes when I got to class.

After class I came back to the hotel and changed into a pair of black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I found the address of a nearby Payless and thought I’d give them a look. They had 3 pair of shoes in size 12 and nothing in 13.

As I was walking back to the car I spotted a cleaner that also had a shoe repair and I walked in to ask about replacing heel tips. My boots immediately were a major point of interest for the staff, all of which came out to look. The guy running the cobbler section said heel tips would only take a few minutes. I told him this pair didn’t need them but I would be right back with a different pair.

Back at the hotel I changed into a dark blue silk blouse, black leather skirt, white hose, gold disk earrings, black blazer, and cuffed my boots down to knee length. I picked up my boots with 5” heels and headed back to the store.

Again the staff came out to look and I waited about ten minutes while the heel tips were replaced. When I got back to my car I switched from the 4” heels to the 5” heels and changed the earrings for a bigger gold/silver pair and went on to dinner.

I parked in a parking garage and walked to the restaurant (Uno’s). There were several double takes but most folks ignored me. The hostess seated me in the furthest table she had but the waiter was a chatty sort and we talked about how few people were out after the holidays.

After dinner I walked around for a while and I think I attracted the attention of a private security guard because I saw him again across the street as I walked back to the parking garage.

Although the skirt is fun, I think I will stick with jeans/slacks for the rest of this trip because my boots look better with them than they do with a skirt.

Not an exciting evening but fun. This class is demanding enough that "not exciting" is about all I'm good for.

kneehighs –

I have been preaching against complacency and for the use of caution for years. It’s too easy to go too far too fast. I find myself dancing around that area too often ie. leather skirt and posting a reminder to others reinforces it for me.

Sounds like you are having a great week. If that was a Pizzeria Uno's you went to, don't they have delicious pizza? mmmm, cravings are setting in and its only 8:32 am. As far as the complacency issue is concerned, I'm glad that you are advocating caution. I hope others will take it to heart too.

TBG: Sounds like you have a good week's worth of distractions for after your class. I forgot to bring my thigh boots with me on my last trip out of town. I did have other 4" heels though. I have been wearing my thigh boots a bit more often recently.. not doing anything too exciting, mostly driving around the state, but a few quick stops either at fast food places, rest stops, or today at a quarter car wash to attempt to clean my work truck. It did get cold for a few days, had ice on the truck, but now it's -very- hot again. I had to work on Miami Beach sunday morning.. and after scraping some ice off the windshield I expected to blend right in with black 4" thigh boots over black jeans, and a black leather coat.. but by the time I got to miami it was in the mid 60's.. and when I was done with the job it was getting near 80.. So blending in wearing all black and thigh boots was not in the cards. Keep up the great work TBG, can't wait to hear what you were up to tonight. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Last night was dinner at an Italian restaurant across the parking lot from the hotel. I walked over wearing slacks, black thigh boots with 4” stilettos, and a black blazer. I had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated and it was dark enough that I don’t think anyone noticed my boots. At leate there was no reaction to a guy in thigh boots waiting to be seated. The dinner was good and afterward I walked back to the hotel. This was a very uneventful evening. This class I’m taking is demanding and I was really beat so I didn’t do anything else last night except crash ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz………

Thighbootguy:-) It sounds like you are having a great week out and about. I fully understand that you didn't have time to visit the Science Center on your way through this time. When you have time, please do visit us again as we have made many changes on the platform for your viewing pleasure. Just let me know what day and time you will be there. It would be a great joy to be able to talk in person with you again some time. I am again enjoying reading about your public adventures. Always interesting reading. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Last night was dinner at the first Italian restaurant and I wore a pair of black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. This was the second visit in several days and the staff recognized me and appeared to be glad to see me back again. Dinner was uneventful and I went back to the hotel and crashed again. Class was finally over at about 13:00 so I took the afternoon to go exploring. I went out wearing my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and found a historic gris mill (water wheel driven, ground corn meal) that was open to the public and took the tour. That was a lit of fun walking in 5” heels but I had a good time. After that I stopped in a Burger King for a snack because I realized I had missed linch. I’m going back out again in a little while to go to the movies. I had stopped by the theatre a little earlier (wearing my blue boots) and hound that the movie I was interested wasn’t showing until much later so I’ll head back then.

That's a great attitude to have. I think some people take an inch of good responses from society and try to strech it into a mile. "Well, I got away with the heels. Why not a dress and heels now?" The advance in personal street heeling achievements if not tempered with sober caution can be risky. Then they burn themselves on an individual level or worse, burn "us" as a collective whole. Your alertness to complacency or guard against overconfidence is prudent and a course I hope others heed with haste.

I fail to understand why TBG can't wear a dress & heels if he wants to and feels comfortable and at one with himself - it might not be accepted by society, it might not be a great look, but it's up to him or anyone else as an individual.

What I'm getting at is this: I and everyone else who contributes here are individuals. Is there a collective whole that I, TBG, you or anyone else can harm? The main thing I'd consider if I ever thought of going out wearing a dress and heels, or just the dress, is my personal safety and freedom from physical attack, and is one of the main considerations when I wear heels outside my house - that and the feelings of Mrs. F, who's concerned about what our friends and even complete strangers might think of my garb.