The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Cuban Nicky? From which jaunt? Please let me know! Meanwhile....

Jaunt #154, 6/16/2012

With the weekend having arrived and nice weather on tap, it was time to hit the road for a jaunt, and I did so in my blue campshirt, the 36 inch black peasant skirt, the Payless 2 inch heeled "Janis" pumps and a handbag. I'm trying to remember off the top of my head when I last worn jeans on an outing, but nothing comes readily to mind as I've been on quite the skirt kick of late, I love wearing them, and I plan to continue doing so, heck, I might not even look at my jeans again, never mind wear them until Fall rolls around.

Leaving the house, I headed into town, my first stop was an ATM a few blocks from my beloved comic shop to get some cash, hopping out, I crossed the street, attracting the attention of a passing motorist who craned his head to look at me. That happened once before, so that made me chuckle. From there, it was off to the comic shop, as usual, finding a parking space was something of a chore, and I wound up over half a block away, but I didn't mind as it allowed me to partake in a walk to the store, enjoying both the solid clicking of the low heels and how the long skirt swished about my legs as I walked. I won't deny that I liked that more. I also won't deny that there are times when I feel more comfortable and at ease in a skirt than I do in heels, but wearing both makes for a thoroughly pleasant experience. As usual, the staff of the store paid no mind to what I wore, they simply treated me as a valued customer as we chatted about the upcoming Spider-Man reboot.

From there, it was off to South Jersey, but, I didn't go to Chick-Fil-A, instead, I went to Boston Market, I hadn't been there in ages, so, what the hey! The store was nowhere near as crowded as Chickl-Fil-A, but I did garner a couple of looks as I ordered my lunch and ate, pretty as you please. After that, I headed over to Barnes & Noble where I spent nearly an hour casually reading magazines and sipping a lemonade in the lounge area, legs crossed like a woman so people could see me, people did, including kids of various ages, but no one uttered so much as a peep the whole time. Most refreshing. It felt good that I could dress the way I like and not have that become an event. Of course, it would've been nice to have gotten a compliment, but then, I guess I can't have it both ways, and that's okay. Bottom line: plenty of fun was had by me.

post-154-0-26495100-1339887653_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-34573500-1339887654_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-40485600-1339887655_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-47537100-1339887656_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB.. Im no fashion expert by any means, but the ' bling ' factor of the shiney watch.. it isnt doing it for me in those pics. I like the rest of the outfit and I have actually purchased some skirts of my own recently and worn them in ' public '. Your a direct inspiration for my acts ;) ! Thank you! ILK.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

JeffB..

Im no fashion expert by any means, but the ' bling ' factor of the shiney watch.. it isnt doing it for me in those pics. I like the rest of the outfit and I have actually purchased some skirts of my own recently and worn them in ' public '. Your a direct inspiration for my acts ;) !

Thank you!

ILK.

Really? How much "bling factor" can a $20 watch from Sears possibly have? Perhaps it was the light from the camera flash bouncing off it that made it look shinier than it actually is. Meanwhile, I'm glad that I inspired you to try a skirt, I'm sure you'll find them to be just as much fun to wear as I do.

pretty as you please.

A most excellent description. Couldn’t have said it better myself

I have actually purchased some skirts of my own recently and worn them in ' public '. Your a direct inspiration for my acts ;)!

Thank you!

ILK.

Ilikekicks – you will have to let us know how your outing went. I'm curious what you found publicly wearable.

You are not the only person for whom JeffB has been an inspiration. Count me in that group.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff,

Congrats on another fine outing and very nice "summery" outfit. I think it is a combination of reasons that you might not get the comments and compliments from your outfits. As long as you are comfortable wearing them in public is all that really matters. Thank you for sharing with us.

TBG: Many thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to have provided inspiration to you in your own adventures as you inspired me in mine! After all, I never would've tried my hand at thigh high boots if I hadn't read your exploits!

roniheels: Thanks for the compliment. Much obliged! By the by, it just so happens that I'm in the process of putting together an outfit that promises to be even more "summery" for a future jaunt. And speaking of jaunts....

Jaunt #155, 6/17/2012:

Just a short outing as I had a couple of chores to take care of, but that doesn't mean I can't turn it into an adventure, even if it's a small one as I went out in a black polo shirt, my 20 inch tan skirt, the Payless "Kailey" pumps in black patent and my trusty black handbag. My first stop of the day, having gone out to the western 'burbs was to Office Depot to buy a new toner cartridge for my home printer, the heels of the Kailey pumps made a delightfully solid click as I walked towards the store, and seeing my reflection made me smile because I looked good in my outfit. Once inside, I was helped by one of the salespeople who treated me professionally like any other shopper as he directed me to what I needed and went to the register where a pretty black girl in her late 20's looked me up and down and gave me a smile before ringing me up then wishing me a happy day. Cool.

My second and final stop of the day was to Best Buy as I needed to replace the charger I use to juice up the rechargeable AA batteries I use in my camera. The parking lot was nearly full and people were coming and going, and I took notice of all the females who came and went, and, taking into account the outfit I wore (which you can see below), I found myself for about the umpteenth time wondering if I had overdressed for the ocassion, while most women I saw walking in and out of the store sported t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, sweatpants and the ever omnipresent (and despicable) flip-flops, there I was in a skirt and heels, and feeling perhaps just a tad out of place. And while I've fought over this "problem" in my mind many times before, I've come to accept that if I'm going to wear women's clothes and shoes in public, I know that I have to dress up a tad more than the average female because of the image I'm presenting to the world at large, so, with a shrug, I hopped out and went in the store.

Just as I thought, the store was pretty busy for an early Sunday afternoon, and I did attract a fair amount of stares here and there, nothing I hadn't experienced before, however, no one made a big deal of how I was dressed. Progress I suppose. Of course, I can't just pick up what I need and get out, no-ooooooooooo, I had to spend little over half an hour gazing at all sorts of gadgets and gizmos before I finally pulled away from it all (though reluctantly) and went to the register with what I needed. A short outing, but enjoyable like all my other adventures.

post-154-0-48954900-1339960470_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-52944200-1339960471_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-60683900-1339960472_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-66571200-1339960473_thumb.jpg

I'm loving the look! That tan number is gorgeous and shows off your legs so well! You'd have killer pins for a pencil skirt if you were to push the envelope that bit more.... having had a dig down the back of the internet, I see a few guys in London are already trying skirts as an alternative to the usual same old trousers :)

Posted Image

I just love this guy's confidence, plus the skirt looks great ;-)

Looking forward to the next jaunt ;-)

Edited by Kilty

Kilty: Oh, my! He looks sensational! From his suit to his pumps, that is an absolutely fabulous ensemble! And yeah, he absolutely oozes confidence to wear an outfit like that! The more I look at that photo, the more awesome he becomes! Many thanks for sharing!

Edited by JeffB

I'm loving the look! That tan number is gorgeous and shows off your legs so well! You'd have killer pins for a pencil skirt if you were to push the envelope that bit more.... having had a dig down the back of the internet, I see a few guys in London are already trying skirts as an alternative to the usual same old trousers :)

Posted Image

The "man's" jacket seems inappropriate to me.If it was short tailored jacket better results for sure.

TBG: Many thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to have provided inspiration to you in your own adventures as you inspired me in mine! After all, I never would've tried my hand at thigh high boots if I hadn't read your exploits!

roniheels: Thanks for the compliment. Much obliged! By the by, it just so happens that I'm in the process of putting together an outfit that promises to be even more "summery" for a future jaunt. And speaking of jaunts....

Jaunt #155, 6/17/2012:

Just a short outing as I had a couple of chores to take care of, but that doesn't mean I can't turn it into an adventure, even if it's a small one as I went out in a black polo shirt, my 20 inch tan skirt, the Payless "Kailey" pumps in black patent and my trusty black handbag. My first stop of the day, having gone out to the western 'burbs was to Office Depot to buy a new toner cartridge for my home printer, the heels of the Kailey pumps made a delightfully solid click as I walked towards the store, and seeing my reflection made me smile because I looked good in my outfit. Once inside, I was helped by one of the salespeople who treated me professionally like any other shopper as he directed me to what I needed and went to the register where a pretty black girl in her late 20's looked me up and down and gave me a smile before ringing me up then wishing me a happy day. Cool.

My second and final stop of the day was to Best Buy as I needed to replace the charger I use to juice up the rechargeable AA batteries I use in my camera. The parking lot was nearly full and people were coming and going, and I took notice of all the females who came and went, and, taking into account the outfit I wore (which you can see below), I found myself for about the umpteenth time wondering if I had overdressed for the ocassion, while most women I saw walking in and out of the store sported t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, sweatpants and the ever omnipresent (and despicable) flip-flops, there I was in a skirt and heels, and feeling perhaps just a tad out of place. And while I've fought over this "problem" in my mind many times before, I've come to accept that if I'm going to wear women's clothes and shoes in public, I know that I have to dress up a tad more than the average female because of the image I'm presenting to the world at large, so, with a shrug, I hopped out and went in the store.

Just as I thought, the store was pretty busy for an early Sunday afternoon, and I did attract a fair amount of stares here and there, nothing I hadn't experienced before, however, no one made a big deal of how I was dressed. Progress I suppose. Of course, I can't just pick up what I need and get out, no-ooooooooooo, I had to spend little over half an hour gazing at all sorts of gadgets and gizmos before I finally pulled away from it all (though reluctantly) and went to the register with what I needed. A short outing, but enjoyable like all my other adventures.

Nice outfit.Maybe try a more open top,with other type of neckline.

I took notice of all the females who came and went, and, taking into account the outfit I wore. I found myself for about the umpteenth time wondering if I had overdressed for the occasion, while most women I saw walking in and out of the store sported t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, sweatpants and the ever omnipresent (and despicable) flip-flops, there I was in a skirt and heels, and feeling perhaps just a tad out of place.

Well… if the goal was to “fit right in”, you could try a tank top, shorts, and flip-flops… :penitent:

On second thought, stick with the skirt and heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Posted Image

I really like this man's outfit and especially how it is coordinated with the high heels. If I met this man in public I would not stop complimenting him. Great photo.

Skirtedvik: Perhaps that blazer was the best he could manage with that outfit. I've seen women wear long blazers, so it's not an uncommon look. Like roniheels, I too would give him plenty of compliments, judging from his bold stride, he just oozes confidence about himself and the way he chooses to dress. Awesome! By the by, skirtedvik, what sort of neckline would you suggest I try?

Edited by JeffB

1.Skirtedvik: Perhaps that blazer was the best he could manage with that outfit. I've seen women wear long blazers, so it's not an uncommon look. Like roniheels, I too would give him plenty of compliments, judging from his bold stride, he just oozes confidence about himself and the way he chooses to dress. Awesome!

2.By the by, skirtedvik, what sort of neckline would you suggest I try?

On the first one:Still,not my cup of tee :redface: - if it is long better be tailored,not the typical formless male fashion.

On the second:As a Fellow freestyler I would wear something like this ,but black for those skirt and heels - remeber I do not put fake parts in the same manner as you do!

post-6068-0-95303100-1340122904_thumb.jp

Edited by skirtedvik

remeber I do not put fake parts in the same manner as you do!

Last time I knew there was nothing fake about JeffB.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

On the second:As a Fellow freestyler I would wear something like this ,but black for those skirt and heels - remeber I do not put fake parts in the same manner as you do!

Umm.. JeffB isnt trying to make himself appear to be anything but a guy, no fake parts or prosthetics what-so-ever that I have seen from him.

All Natural and thats what we love about him :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

My own take on the photo is it was most probley staged at the early hours of the morning. I take my hat of to the chap well done, I like the shoes but would prefer them with a pair of black trousers and a little gap between the top of the shoes and the bottom of the trousers so the smart shoes and heels can clearly been seen, not a lover of men in skirts just my honest thoughts and the best of luck to all those that do.

life is not a rehearsal

Fake stuff? Huh? Where did THAT come from? Admittedly, I do dabble with a waist cincher every now and then to hold in my tummy depending on what I'm wearing, but that's all. Dww: Ahh, but that's the beauty of that pic. Anybody can wear pants, but it takes tremendous cojones for a guy to wear a skirt in public, and look dynamic as he did!

JeffB while I will totally agree with you it does take a lot of guts to wear what you want out in public as you and others do, and I agree it can look smart but I have to say it's not for me, I would wear the heels though but alas not a skirt or anything else girly but that is me. At the end of the day (sorry for the pun) live and let live. David.

life is not a rehearsal

Fake stuff? Huh? Where did THAT come from? Admittedly, I do dabble with a waist cincher every now and then to hold in my tummy depending on what I'm wearing, but that's all.

Dww: Ahh, but that's the beauty of that pic. Anybody can wear pants, but it takes tremendous cojones for a guy to wear a skirt in public, and look dynamic as he did!

English is not my native language - so what I meant is that similar to you I do not put fake parts!Probably I wrote it a bit dubious.Sorry about that.

Last time I knew there was nothing fake about JeffB.

I corrected my statment as it is truly unclear,as I said I am not a native English speaker.I wear "female"tops without fake parts,so does Jeff- that is what I intended to write.

Kilty, don't you think this picture look like a fake ? It seems the man misses one hand ? Could explain the strange look of the jacket ?

Nothing fake about the picture, never noticed the hand till you showed me.. sto;; we can get a better look at those gorgeous BMW rims if we delete his hand :wink:

BTW that jacket's a man's jacket, it forms part of a suit (trousers) that the majority of men wear :tongue: HTH ;-)

Edited by Kilty

Thanks Jeff,I have always enjoyed your posts,pictures and the fact that you wear what you wear as a guy.

Hey, I just do the very best I can, and have fun at the same time!

Posted Image

Awesome picture you found. I would have to agree that given the stride and stature, he definitely shows confidence.

The lack of a hand showing may be just the way the tailor has set the sleeve. Last suit jacket I had tailor fit had the sleeves shortened a bit, but was still fit in the same manner as this chap has.

After checking out the web site where this picture came from, I do have to wonder if this isn't a very good photo-shop job. There is something that just doesn't look right - may be the proportions - - don't know.

It's still a great look, and inspirational, but for some reason, I have my doubts - may be just me.

Roniheels, funny you should mention that because, back by popular demand----well, popular in my mind anyway----it's the SUNDAY JAUNTING DOUBLEHEADER!!

Jaunt #156, 6/24/2012, Morning:

If it's Sunday, it's time to do my weekly grocery shopping, and because I hadn't done this in awhile, I decided to make it a jaunt, heading out in my blue denim campshirt, a 30 inch denim skirt I bout at Sears, the Payless "Cori" wedge flats and a handbag. My first stop of the morning was to the gas station to fill the tank, I pulled up to a pump, hopped out, paid in advance, got my gas and left, pretty as you please. Then it was off to the supermarket, whether I'm on a jaunt or not, I always go to the market early, around seven a.m. to avoid the hectic crowds, so again, I hopped out, grabbed a cart and strolled on in like I owned the place, I spent nearly thirty minutes in the store, going up one aisle and down another, and feeling that considerable draft on my legs while in the frozen food aisle. BBRRRRRR! All the time, no one paid me any attention. After I paid for my stuff, I headed out, after putting my groceries in the trunk, an older woman pulled up some ten feet away, walking up to her with the empty cart, I asked her if she needed it, she nodded, said yes, then thanked me. Then I left. And that ended my morning trip.

Jaunt #157, 6/24/2012, Afternoon:

For this outing, I decided to push the envelope once again in my freestyling. You see, since Memorial Day has come and gone, I joined the ranks of people, male and female in wearing white, in this case, a 17 inch white skort which I bought a month ago at JCPenney and was waiting for just the right opportunity to take it for a spin, and I did, pairing it with a navy blue polo shirt, the "Cori" flats which I've come to love wearing and a different handbag. Admittedly, I was a wee bit nervous since I had never worn white before, oh, sure, I've gone out in off-white and khaki, but pure white? That, I figured, would make for quite a challenge, not knowing how people would react to what I was wearing, so, I went on said challenge to the western 'burbs and Best Buy. I arrived about quarter past eleven, I needed a minute or so to compose myself, and, taking a deep breath, I hopped out of the car and went in, ready for whatever reactions came my way.

Well, I would up being disappointed because there were no reactions, none whatsoever to a guy sauntering about in a short, white skort, something that would stand out on a woman, never mind on a six foot tall middle aged black man. As was my custom, I wandered about the aisles for a solid thirty minutes, eying this, that and the other electronic thingy, and no one as far as I saw raised so much as an eyebrow to what I wore. I expected all sorts of reactions, but none came my way. Remarkable! After elaving the store with the Blu-Ray version of Sherlock Holmes: Game Of Shadows, I headed to Pizza Hut for lunch as I was dying to try their brand new P'Zolo which is sorta like a wrap, but it's pizza dough with cheese and meat filling. Yummy! And quite filling too! I highly recommend this treat from the Hut! From there, I headed into town and stopped at Starbucks, after getting out and putting money in the meter, I strolled in, bought a glass of lemonade and spent a good forty-five minutes in the lounge area reading the Sunday paper, Ahh! Relaxing!

Just like with Best Buy, no one paid me any mind, and again, I was mildly amazed. Still, this made for a most enjoyable experience, even if I had to be overly cautious because I was wearing white and didn't want to get it dirty or stained. In a way, that was part of the enjoyment too! Heh! As for the skort, it's from Penney's in-house St. John's Bay label, and it was a pleasure to wear, comfortable and good looking as well because it's short length allowed me to show off my legs. I have it in white, denim and off-white, it also comes in red, and I might just buy that color the next time I'm there. In closing, having worn white was another success in my evolution as a freestyler, and I can't wait to see what push I'll make next!

post-154-0-15791300-1340566906_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-03274600-1340566908_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-80073100-1340566909_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-96291400-1340566911_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-91535700-1340566913_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-91384000-1340566915_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-25561000-1340566918_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-43669700-1340566920_thumb.jpg

Nice outings Jeff. I was drawn to the white outfit. It is my favorite of the 2. I also say this because I own a pair of white shorts. I find when I am wearing them I really have to watch what I am doing. Especially eating, like you did at the Hut. It is so easy to "dirty up" white clothing. You really have to be careful. Most stains and dirt are very visible on white anything, let alone clothing. More so than on other colours.