The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

I think that most of the negative situations don't pose any risk whatsoever. You probably made those boy's day Jeff, for entertainment value if anything.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Meanwhile, you and danielp6406 have sold me on jeggings!

I'll see about getting my hands on a pair and see what I can do with them!

For inspiration, see below my snake print jegings :smile:

I also have another pair plain black.

...I would have then yelled back to them "Hay are you available ?"

Then wait for a return response if any...

Not sure this is a good idea. I'm sure you would not like their reply.

I think it is better to be safe than sorry...

post-14338-133522968039_thumb.jpg

Scrappycoco: Daniel is right, provoking young black inner city males, even kiddingly is never a smart thing to do as that might've resulted in an unpleasant confrontation. Believe me, some of these punks need little reason to start something ugly, especially if they feel they had been "disrespected" by someone. In instances such as what I faced Friday night, discretion, and keeping my mouth shut was the best course of action. Besides, they probably forgot all about me five minutes later, given the horribly short attention span most teenagers seem to have these days. By the way, daniel, those are some sharp jeggings you displayed. I'm impressed!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jaunt #142, 1/1/2012:

With plenty of sunshine and unseasonably mild temps that would reach a high of around 54, I decided to ring in the new year with a jaunt, and with the Eagles playing out the string in a meaningless season ending game, what better time to hit the road, which I did in my black faux leather jacket over a black, scoop neck, long sleeved T-shirt and the a.n.a. jeans tucked into the Pleaser "Legend" thigh high boots along with my black leather hobo bag as I took my trusty iPad to Starbucks in the University City area to goof off. I arrived around 11:30 a.m., put two hours worth of cash in the meter and went into the store, after waiting in line for a few minutes to place my order, that being a large iced tea, I headed to the lounge area where I kicked back and had fun on my iPad, and yes, I even made a couple of posts to HHPlace via my handy-dandy gadget. And all the while, no one paid me much, if any attention as I relaxed with my toy and my drink.

A few minutes before my time expired, I packed up, headed out, got in my car and drove into center city and Rittenhouse Square so I could walk about and be seen. Took a good twenty minutes to find a place to park, but once I did, I strolled to the Square, as I waited at a corner for the traffic light to turn green, a twentysomething guy, yes, a GUY said he liked my boots, as always, I smiled and thanked him. It's not often that I have a male compliment me on my footwear, but when it does happen, I feel a particular glow, even better, as I crossed the street, a throng of happy revelers, over a dozen people, male and female headed the other way and three of the women, hooted appreciatively at me in passing, one gave me a wolf whistle while another said, "You go, dude!" I smiled and waved back to them, now, those folks were probably a wee bit tipsy from celebrating the new year, but hey, that didn't matter, a compliment was a compliment was a compliment, and I liked that greatly. I sat down at a bench and just watched the activity all around me as plenty of people were enjoying the nice weather. And no one gave me any notice.

With my time running down (one of these days, I'm just gonna park in a garage and stay downtown for as long as I want), I headed back to my car, satisfied that I had been seen and had a good time wearing tight jeans and thigh boots, a combination that makes me so darn good! And, as is often the case, I'm already looking forward to my next outing in that thrilling combination!

post-228-133522968043_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968048_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968051_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968053_thumb.jpg

It really is great when a guy compliments you. Been there many times myself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yeah, it also makes for quite the pleasant surprise. Makes everything I do on my little expeditions worthwhile.

Yeah, it also makes for quite the pleasant surprise. Makes everything I do on my little expeditions worthwhile.

And hopefully more men will feel free to compliment those of us who do wear high heels in public. You know there are many out there that are too shy or even cautious to compliment a man wearing high heels.

Jaunt #143, 1/2/2011:

With the weather sunny and crisp, no, strike that, cold, I headed out on a new, though brief jaunt prior to plopping down on my sofa to watch the 2012 NHL Winter Classic between the hometown Flyers and the New York Rangers, I suppose I could've stayed home today, but I just couldn't resist the desire to hit the road in my thigh high boots which I wore for a second straight day. The entire ensemble consisted of my black leather jacket over a black turtleneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in classic denim, the Pleaser "Legend" boots and my leather handbag. Despite how chilly it was, my legs felt perfectly warm thanks to the tight jeans and thigh boots, a combination I'm just crazy about wearing, and one I feel absolutely great in. So, it was off to Best Buy to cash in a gift card I had gotten in the mail from a pen pal over the weekend, when I arrived at the Springfield store, the parking lot was nearly full, so I knew I'd be facing a crowded store. Fine by me.

Hopping out of the car, I strode to the store and went inside and yep, there was a good crowd inside, a couple of people noticed me right away, well, that was what I wanted, I casually strolled about, taking my time as I wandered the aisles, my desire to be seen, and I was, judging from the turned heads, but no one said anything, I would spend nearly thirty minutes before going to the check out line with an anime title I was looking forward to, it was here that I got a compliment from the twentysomething guy at the register, but not on the boots (which he couldn't see anyway), but on my pendant which he said looked cool. I grinned and thanked him, even if I had been taken a wee bit by surprise at having a guy compliment me on my jewelry, a first of sorts. At that moment, I made a mental note to buy more baubles at my earliest opportunity, thinking maybe I was onto something here. Heh! After leaving the store, I drove down the road to a strip mall about a mile away to have lunch at Subway, not much of a crowd, I had the store to myself.

My final stop of the day was to Bed Bath and Beyond as it occurred to me that I needed some dishcloths, in any event, it was another opportunity to be seen in a store with a healthy crowd, once inside, I got my fair share of looks and glances, most notably by one extremely sour faced old lady, but was greeted by silence. From there, it was back to the barn after a short but enjoyable outing in my thigh boots which I don't mind admitting I'm pretty much hooked on because I love how good they look on me, and how good it feels to wear them. I tell you, once you start wearing thigh boots, you just can't stop! Gotta go, the game is on!

post-228-133522968114_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968117_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968119_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968121_thumb.jpg

Nice outing and outfit again Jeff. I definitely gotta pull the boots out more myself. I haven't done much of it yet this winter. I too am watching the winter classic. I have New Yorks goalie in my Hockey pool. So unfortunately, I have to root against your hometown Flyers. Nothing personal, Just business...lol

Nice outing and outfit again Jeff. I definitely gotta pull the boots out more myself. I haven't done much of it yet this winter.

I too am watching the winter classic. I have New Yorks goalie in my Hockey pool. So unfortunately, I have to root against your hometown Flyers. Nothing personal, Just business...lol

Well, it's 2-1 Flyers at present as I type these words of wit on my iPad. Like you said, just business. Heh!

Jaunt #144, 1/3/2011:

Despite temperatures not having cracked 30 and winds blustery enough to make it feel colder, not to mention providing enough lift to put Dorothy's house into the sky, I headed out on a new jaunt, my first jaunt of 2012 in a skirt! Why? Because I wanted to! Not only that, because of the conditions, I brought out ARCTIC CHIC, that being my cream colored parka over a black turtleneck, my long denim skirt, the Pleaser "Vanity" knee boots and my leather hobo bag. Oh, yeah, and I wore long underwear beneath everything! I ain't no fool, and that ensemble kept me perfectly warm during the course of my outing. My first stop was to my bank to withdraw some cash for a couple of money orders I had to buy, there was a bit of a bank near University City (right up the block from the Starbucks I frequent), but no one inside, from tellers to customers paid me any attention during the ten minutes I was inside. From there, it was off to the post office.

Upon parking outside and putting thirty minutes worth of cash in the meter, I went inside where there was quite a line, and this was where something interesting took place. Standing in line four people ahead of me was a balding, middle aged white guy who was busy in a somewhat animated, somewhat angry conversation, noticing that, my first thought was to look for a Bluetooth device in his ear as a I figured he was talking to someone on a cellphone, but when he turned his head around, why I don't know, there was no such device, the guy was plainly talking to himself. Customers ahead of the guy and behind him did their level best to avoid eye contact with him, myself included, it was that awkward, and yet, that got me to thinking about this: in the minds of all the other customers, who, in their eyes, was more of a fruit loop, the middle aged white guy talking to himself, or the black guy wearing a skirt and heels? Of course, I couldn't conduct a poll, and since I don't read minds like Charles Xavier, I can only guess, but I would imagine I might've gotten more votes.

Now by the time he got to the counter, the guy assumed some semblance of normalcy as he bought a book of stamps and went on his merry way. Then I got to the counter and was waited on by the same cashier who waited on Mr. Talkative, the cashier briefly sort of gave me the fish eye at my attire, proof positive of my little suspicion. After leaving the post office, I motored across the river to south Jersey where I went to Boston Market near Moorestown Mall for lunch, yeah, it was different, but I felt like something different for a change, compared to Chick-Fil-A, this place was sparsely attended, but no one gave me the fish eye the whole time. Then I went to Sears for the purpose of buying some jewelry (remembering the compliment I'd gotten on my necklace at Best Buy yesterday) and bought a couple of nice pendants. As I headed for the door, I passed by a trio of young men, probably in their late teens, they didn't say anything to my face as we passed each other, but I heard them chuckle heartily at my back, no doubt at me, but hey, that comes with the territory.

My next stop was up the road at JCPenney to see what sort of jewelry they had to offer, and I bought another couple of items, including a strand of pearls, yes, pearls. Why? Because I thought they'd be cool to have. The cashier who waited on me, a black woman about my age asked if I wanted a gift receipt, I said no, telling her the items were for me, she grinned, especially at the pearls and said I had good taste. From there, it was back into town and I stopped downtown so I could buy my Powerball ticket, the winds were really blowing hard and it was mighty cold, but it was still enjoyable, walking the block to the store I frequented to buy my ticket, my skirt whipping about my legs as I casually walked, something I enjoyed. But I wasn't the least bit cold, between the layers of my outfit, along with a healthy dose of adrenaline, I was perfectly warm, being out in a skirt and heels will do that for a freestyler.

post-228-133522968228_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968231_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968234_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968236_thumb.jpg

Well, it's 2-1 Flyers at present as I type these words of wit on my iPad. Like you said, just business. Heh!

Well it's 3-2 Final for the Rangers as I type these words of wit on my laptop. Like I said, just business...lol

Rxrenesis: Any day in skirt and heels is a good day. Mr. X: Looks like the Rangers have my Flyers number so far this season. Still, it was a good game. Roniheels: Oh, yes indeed, it was warm and comfortable. And it felt good to wear too.

Mr. X: Looks like the Rangers have my Flyers number so far this season. Still, it was a good game.

That was a great game to watch as a fan. All the drama at the end helped as well. Offsetting penalties, and a penalty shot with mere minutes to go.

That was a great game to watch as a fan. All the drama at the end helped as well. Offsetting penalties, and a penalty shot with mere minutes to go.

Indeed! Very dramatic. I only wish Rangers' coach John Tortorella had kept his big fat yap shut, vomiting nonsense after the game about NBC and the referees being in cahoots, wanting the Flyers to score and force overtime. And HIS team WON the goddamn game! He should've been fined a million dollars instead of a mere thirty thousand bucks! Sheesh!

Jaunt #145, 1/7/2011:

On my last jaunt on Tuesday (1/3), I had to break out my Arctic Chic ensemble as temperatures never saw the high side of 30 degrees. Today however, we cracked 60. To quote the Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz, "Unusual weather we're havin', ain't it?" Still, conditions were picture perfect for a jaunt, so I headed out in my black faux leather jacket over a navy mockneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in dark stonewash, the Pleaser "Legend" thigh high boots and my black leather handbag. My first stop of the day was to a brand new destination I had never been to before in heels: Jiffy Lube! Yep, it was time to have my car serviced, something I never miss out on, so I decided to go there in today's ensemble and see what, if anything might happen. As it turned out, that was pretty much a big fat nothing, oh, sure, I got stares, both from the crew at JL and from customers in the waiting room, but nothing more than that, which, I must admit, surprised me more than a little.

I wound up spending some forty-five minutes in the place, and the whole time, I was treated just as expertly and professionally as all the other customers, despite how I had been dressed, and that made me feel good. In hindsight, it's a good thing I had worn jeans, I can only imagine my having given workers in the below ground tunnels a cheap thrill if I had worn a skirt for them to look up. Heh! After leaving Jiffy Lube, I headed into town and right to my favorite comic book shop where I spent a good twenty minutes or so, again, the staff there are long used to me and the eclectic clothes I've worn in there: skirts of all lengths, five inch heels, tight jeans, thigh boots, they've pretty much seen it all. From there, I headed into South Jersey and to Chick-Fil-A near Moorestown Mall for lunch, even though it was after 1 p.m. when I got there, there was still a good crowd inside, got more stares, but nothing more than that as I enjoyed a late but tasty lunch, then I went to Barnes & Noble to buy some manga.

My last stop of the day was to Best Buy, and the place had that pre-Christmas sort of crowd, more people to ogle and stare at me, but, yet again, nothing more. Thirty minutes later, I was out the door with some anime, pleased to have enjoyed myself on another outing. I'm sure I have everyone I came across a cheap thrill, or a shock to the system as it's not every day that so-called "normal" folks see a guy strolling about in tight jeans, high heeled thigh boots and carrying a handbag. And I'm also sure that ten or fifteen minutes after having seen me, they probably forgot all about the experience. Nonetheless, it had been great fun. Now, off to watch the NFL Playoffs!

post-228-133522968577_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968583_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968587_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522968589_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm six-foot-two and usually wear a 34 inch inseam when it comes to men's pants. For women's jeans, I favor a 36 inseam to accommodate whatever heels I happen to be wearing.

Nice outfit, Jeff. I too have found the longer you are at a place wearing high heels, the longer the surprise of seeing a man in high heels wears off and people just go about their business. The last time I was in Best Buy last Tuesday, it seemed I could have come into the store in a bright pink suit and matching high heels, and no one would have paid attention to me. Keep up the great jaunts.

Nice outfit, Jeff. I too have found the longer you are at a place wearing high heels, the longer the surprise of seeing a man in high heels wears off and people just go about their business. The last time I was in Best Buy last Tuesday, it seemed I could have come into the store in a bright pink suit and matching high heels, and no one would have paid attention to me. Keep up the great jaunts.

I would agree. The oddity factor that comes from seeing a man wearing high heels goes away quickly. Oh, sure, you'll get your wide-eyed, slack-jawed oglers who's tiny minds are blown from what they see, but nothing more substantial than that. And, as others here have said before, in a more crowded setting, you tend to blend in better with your surroundings and the chances of people paying you any serious attention decreases.

As always Jeff - looking good. My oil change place always gives me a second look - usually that's a lunch time errand and I am almost always in heels - either in pants or a skirt - at lunch. I've kind of stopped eating much for lunch - usually fruit or a yogurt. (Down to 215 lbs) but I digress - last time I was in a long mid-calf A skirt - and the place was busy and I had to wait in the lobby with a half dozen others - I believe I was wear my 5 inch thigh boots under. No reaction at all by anybody, though after the first - "take this in" gawk! I'm getting to like that look now.

• 3 months later...

Jaunt #146, 4/14/2012

After a three month hiatus (hard to believe it had been that long) as work and life in general kept me uber-busy, I'm back on the prowl with my first jaunt since January 7th. And with plenty of sunshine and temps reaching into the low 70's, conditions were perfect for an outing as I hit the road in a blue campshirt, the a.n.a. low rise jeans in stonewash, the black Pleaser "Seduce" pumps and my short strap handbag. Yes, even when I wear pants or jeans, I bring a handbag along as it's quite natural for me to carry and I don't go ANYWHERE without one. What also felt quite natural, even though I hadn't worn them in close to a year were the five inch heels on the Seduce pumps, walking in them was a breeze and I had no trouble at all while wearing them, which made the outing today all the more fun for me as it felt great to be out and about again.

My first stop of the day was to a branch of my bank in the University City to tap an ATM (no fees at my bank), after getting out of the car, I did catch a severely turned head from a passerby who stared at my feet, but I paid him no mind. From there, it was off for downtown as I drove to my favorite comic book shop, I found a spot half a block away, allowing me a little walk so I could enjoy the clicking of the heels, got a few more odd looks, namely from a couple of young women and a little girl in their charge, but I ignored them too. Ten minutes after entering the comic shop, that same trio came in and did their level best to ignore me, something I found to have been rather humorous. After leaving the shop, I walked around the corner to a convenience store a block away, as is a practice of mine, whenever I wear tight jeans, I purposely put a wiggle in my walk, kinda hard not to when wearing high heels, but next to no one paid me any mind as I strolled to the store and back to my car. It was exhilirating.

From there, it was off to South Jersey and Chick-Fil-A near Moorestown Mall for lunch, as usual on a Saturday afternoon, there was quite a crowd, but I hopped right out and walked right in, placed my order and sat down to eat. While I did, a young black woman waved to me and said she liked my shoes, I smiled and thanked her. My next stop was to the nearby Barnes & Noble to look for some new manga titles and enjoy some magazines, which I did as I sat at a table with a bottle of iced tea, crossing my legs like a woman, I got a few stares, but nothing more than that. Half an hour later, I was out the door and headed back home, pleased with my outing. There was no nervousness whatsoever, even though I hadn't been out for three months, it was like I simply picked up where I left off, pretty as you please, and that was most satisfying. More fun to come!

post-228-133522980831_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522980837_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522980839_thumb.jpg

post-228-133522980841_thumb.jpg

FreshinHeels: Thanks for the kind words. Nope, I hadn't given up heeling though I'm sure that it must've seen to some here that I had. Like I said, I had been plenty busy, to paraphrase that noted philosopher John Lennon, life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. bluejay: Glad that you enjoyed the latest outing. I will certainly do my best to keep the posts and pics coming! ilikekicks: You know it! If I had been wearing one of my tight denim skirts, my walk would've been even more awesome! HA! rxrenesis: Oh, yes, it certainly was!