The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

Greetings HappyFeat :-)

That was a very long post but worth reading.

(Again I hope you will write a book about your outings someday...)

That friday night was amazing. I am sure you will remember it for a long time :tear:

You never know what wearing heels can lead to isnt-it ?

Well done :chuckle:

I agree that any book would be a great read. But really all that he would have to do is copy his entries onto paper, copyright them and send the entire package to a publisher.

HF, great reading of your experiences. I, too, found them to be first class and I thank you for the effort. :smile::w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

HappyFeat ... I also read every single word and enjoyed every minute of the read. I had a not-so-good moment at a dance club (I was wearing men's dance shoes with a 2" heel) and I told my blind date about my enjoyment of wearing high heels. The night ended abruptly, but, oh well. One of my goals, thanks to you and your posts, is to wear my stileto high heels and go dancing in a (straight) dance club. I continue to enjoy every one of your posts and you continue to inspire me to go heeling in places that I have not done so. Please keep the posts coming and thank you for sharing.

Thanks to everybody to "went all the way" through my last post to this thread. I had such a good time on those outings, I seemed to have all sorts of detail burned into my memory, and believe it or not, I could have written more. The outings the followed were not nearly as exciting and actually more typical in their interactions. However, I did continue to have fun and made some interesting observations.

Tuesday September 29 - My outfit for the day was a blazer, my white GAP turtleneck, Limited 917 bootcut jeans, and my Naturalizer peep toe, t-strap sandals. It was fairly warm and I wanted to show off my bronze pedicure. Since I was embolden by my previous outings, I didn't much care that the regular length jeans left my shoes nearly fully exposed, in fact I liked that about the outfit.

My first stop was Marshall's to see if there were any new clearance shoes, but their weren't. I did linger in the store for a few minutes browsing, but nothing at a fantastic price was either in my size or met my taste. Next I went to the bank to deposit my paycheck. There was one person ahead of me, so I went to the counter to fill in my slip, etc. It always amazes me that how much lower a counter is (or anything for that matter) when you are wearing heels. It is just one of those sensations that you never are truly aware of until you are out in heels. The tellers are always happy to see me, though I have only been in this branch five or six times. There is no doubt they remember me because we always talk about my glasses, and I was wearing a different pair this day and they told me they like the other ones better. They never mention shoes, but I know they see them.

Afterward I went to a nearby mall. When I was walking in a group of women were smoking at the bench near the entrance. They all appeared to be salon employees because they were wearing smocks. One of the women noticed, then the conversation got quite. When I got to the door, they were all giggling and staring at me. One thing I have noticed is that one on one, women tend to give a positive reaction, if any at all, but in a pack it is always giggles and stares. Oh, the sociology of heeling. I went onto the Bandolino store, which had always been one of my favorites, but when I got there they had almost no inventory. One of the clerks told me that they were closing! I was a bit crushed, since I had been heeling to this store for a while, but now they are gone. Things changes I guess. I wandered about the mall a bit, getting looks, but I really didn't care much. When I left, there were a couple of young women on the smoking bench again. As I passed, I saw one kick the other in her shin. I looked back and again, they were watching me leave, their moths hanging open in amazement.

Wednesday September 30 - Still embolden, I went back to the same mall the next afternoon. On this day I wore a pair of black Lane Bryant gauchos, a red v-neck pullover, covered by my black suede blazer, black nylons and Nine West "Appleaday" loafers with a 2 inch stiletto heel. I wanted to go to the Limited to get another pair of jeans if possible. I did find a pair, but nothing I was crazy about. Though the store was empty, none of the clerks working were ones that I interacted with. There is one young guy, who is effeminate and a bit snotty, who refuses to acknowledge my presence in the store, so I figured the other clerks were following his lead. On my way out, I walked right in front of them, getting no reaction to my presence at all. I will, of course be back. I refuse to be ignored.

Next I went to ALDO, where the really had nothing on sale. The clerk was one that I had not seen before. She was nice, but busy stocking shelves. I thanked her, she kind of giggled as I walked out. Finally, I went to Borders, got a beverage and flipped through a few books. I did get a few looks, mainly quick glances, but nothing out of the ordinary. I did approach a clerk to ask about a special they they started. She was very nice and friendly, answered all of my questions and by her reaction could have cared less if I was wearing a wedding dress. Afterward I headed home.

All of this got me to thinking...I had realized it was a year ago that I started this thread and I was very surprised that I have stuck to it to the level that I have. In fact, I think posting my activities and my outfits have actually got me to try many new things, experiment with my wardrobe, and have a lot of fun. So I took some time to review the first year. Since last October 1st, I have:

- Had 160 separate outings

- 74 I wore jeans, 46 I wore trousers, 9 I wore Capris or gauchos, 25 outings in a skirt, and 6 while wearing a dress

- For shoes, I wore pumps mostly (74 times), followed by peep-toes (25 times), sandals (23 times), loafers (18 times), boots (16 times) and oxfords (4 times)

- The colors of my shoes were mostly black: 84 times, but brown as well 32 times. However I did wear red shoes 18 times, blue 11, gray 8 as well as purple 3 times, gold 2 times, and ivory and (even) pink once.

It has been a busy year, but I hope the next will continue to be as exciting and fun. New horizons and opportunities await.

# 161 - Friday October 2 - Friday, I had a date with a woman who I had gone out with a few times in heels. She sent me an e-mail that the Bass outlet was having a "Buy 1, get two free" sale, which really sounds too good to be true. However when we got there, she needed shoes in wide sizes and I needed an 11, so neither of us had too much luck. I wore a white ribbed turtleneck and tweed jacket with my Lane Bryant Denim trousers. Since I was trying on boots, I did wear tights under my trousers. For shoes, I chose my caramel colored Nine West "Rhythm" boots with a solid block heel. I had gone out with her in the past wearing the same boots only in black, so I figured this was a safe choice. It was fun, making the young male clerk go look for sizes in the store and walking around with my pants hiked up over my knees while I looked. After the outlet, we went to dinner and had a nice evening. We made a date to go out again the next Saturday, so I will keep you up to date.

#163 - Wednesday October 7 - On Wednesdays I don't have to be to work until a bit later in the morning, so I decided to go to Panera for breakfast, something that I used to do a lot and may start doing again at least once per week. I wore a white turtleneck (I really need to dig out other shirts, this seems to becoming a pattern) my green wool double breasted jacket brown Lane Bryant "Houston" trousers with pinstripes, suntan knee high stockings, and Bass "Norra" Mary Jane pumps. I did get a few looks and when I ordered the young clerk called me "sweetheart," which may or may not have anything to do with anything, but that just doesn't happen everyday. Anyway, it was relaxing and uneventful.

#164 - Thursday October 8 - This was my "big" outing for the week. Taking a page from JeffB's book, I tried a skirt yet again. Most of the time, I have worn skirts or dresses for that matter in places where people knew that I wore them or even expected to see me wearing one. But I have made it out shopping a couple of times recently in a skirt and I think I am getting more comfortable with it. For some reason, I can go out in Capris or gauchos, which show as much leg and heel, but a skirt is still a bit different for me.

I wore a gray/green turtleneck, green cordaory blazer, a denim Lane Bryant skirt with buttons up the front, brown tights and brown Nine West "Geranium" loafers with a nice 3 inch block heel. I didn't let being a bit nervous stop me, I jumped right out of the car and went to DSW first. I looked around and even talked to a clerk about boots. Next I headed to the mall where I went to Lane Bryant, but didn't get much help. I went onto ALDO, where the clerk was very helpful though she said that they didn't even have any 11's in the store. We chatted for a bit and it was nice. When I left ALDO a young woman working at a kiosk stopped me and told me that she liked my outfit. I thanked her, but when she asked me if I liked her toe nail color, and noticed that she was barefoot, I felt a bit strange. I replied that I did like the color and asked her if her feet were cold. She said no, and we chatted for a few more seconds, before I headed on. Finally, I went to Ulta, a beauty supply store near the mall to get some shampoo. The line was long, so I browsed the store. While walking through the makeup the clerk asked if I needed some help. I told her that i had not ever tried makeup but was think about it. She offered to put some on me, but I didn't have time, and asked if I could come back and have her help me. She said of course and gave me her card. As I was standing in line to check out I heard the clerks talk about me saying something about seeing my top half, but the surprise at my bottom half. I don't know what that was about.

Anyway, it was a great experience. One thing I have learned about wearing a skirt in public. Just realize that you are going to stand out and expect it. Just relax and go from there. People will see and react as they may. It has little impact on my pleasure I get from doing as I do.

post-5655-133522893584_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893832_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893842_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893847_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522893851_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

It is a real pleasure and always a lot of fun to read of your exploits out and about in your different outfits, HappyFeat. Wonderful reading. Both you and JeffB have to be my nominees for the hhplace 2009 Outstanding contributor award. :chuckle:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

HappyFeat –

I have enjoyed and learned from your posts and thanks for sticking with it (the posting).

One of the great things about hhplace is that it provides the opportunity for heelers to share their experiences, but one of the dangers is the push that continual posting gives you to always try something new. I’m fairly sure you would have gotten to where you are with clothing and heels without hhplace, but would you have gotten there as quickly? I don’t think I personally would have.

Again thanks for sharing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yo, HappyFeat! Once again, it was a real pleasure to read about your remarkable exploits. Just I've inspired you, you've inspired me, and you continue to shine brightly, thanks to your terrific fashion sense. Of the latest batch of pics you've posted, predictably, I liked number #5 the best! That button down skirt really looked great on you! Bravo! I'm glad you're still as enthusiastic about your outings as ever, in fact, reading your exploits gave me the push I needed to start yakking about my own, we seem to feed off each other which is a good thing, and while I don't get out nearly as much as you do, I admire you for being out there and presenting a prim and proper image of a man displaying his passion for alternative fashion. Oh, by the by, congrats on your recent date. I also hope it will be a harbinger of better things to come, my friend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Greetings HappyFeat :-)

As usual, It was nice reading your post.

This time, my vote is for outfit #3.

And I wish you good luck with your new date !

Greetings JeffB :-)

Looks like a while since your last "jaunt" ?

I hope everything is OK with you.

I guess you go out more when the weather is warmer...

(I hate winter....Did you know that ?)

Greetings JeffB :-)

Looks like a while since your last "jaunt" ?

I hope everything is OK with you.

I guess you go out more when the weather is warmer...

Not to worry, all is well with me, but at this time of year, I watch a lot of football, so I don't get out as much as I'd like. Meanwhile, I did go on a jaunt yesterday, once I update my photo editing software, I'll post pics of my outing.

Not to worry, all is well with me, but at this time of year, I watch a lot of football, so I don't get out as much as I'd like. Meanwhile, I did go on a jaunt yesterday, once I update my photo editing software, I'll post pics of my outing.

How about those Phillies??? Can they repeat?

One of the great things about hhplace is that it provides the opportunity for heelers to share their experiences, but one of the dangers is the push that continual posting gives you to always try something new. I’m fairly sure you would have gotten to where you are with clothing and heels without hhplace, but would you have gotten there as quickly? I don’t think I personally would have.

It is absolutely true that I would have never gotten where I am, let alone my wardrobe without the benefit of HHPLace. Prior to my membership here, I knew that I loved heels and certain other items from the "other side of the store", but never had any desire to crossdress, etc. However, I knew intuitively that I could not be the only one, however it was impossible to meet like minded people. Through HHPlace, not only have I found people with the same interest, it is a place to share ideas, what works, what doesn't, etc.

Obviously, I would never have tried so many things if it wasn't for the conversations we share here. The postings not only give me a chance to share my experiences for others to (maybe) benefit if they choose, but also to chronicle where I have been and where I am be headed. At this rate, I may be in heels more than not.

Hey, congrats on your date. Good luck with whatever it is you seek to pursue with her.

Well, we had another date and are planning one for the weekend. She is OK that I like heels, but it really isn't a big deal to her. Which is great from my perspective because I don't want to be the boyfriend in heels, just the boyfriend who happens to like wearing heels.

I'm glad you're still as enthusiastic about your outings as ever, in fact, reading your exploits gave me the push I needed to start yakking about my own, we seem to feed off each other which is a good thing, and while I don't get out nearly as much as you do, I admire you for being out there and presenting a prim and proper image of a man displaying his passion for alternative fashion.

Ahhh, Jeff I think you have something here. I do think that we have a very nice thing going on here. I benefit tremendously from your "jaunts" and do learn so much. It is a wonderful thing - us book-ending Pennsylvania in heels (and skirts). I wish the Pirates could feed of the Phillies in the same way, but hey...

Don't you live in Canada? That would make life pretty rough. Though I have friends in Florida who insist they have winter there...though I don't see them shoveling their driveways....

All your outings sound great. And the pics look good as always. I am a jeans guy though. So for me it is definitely pic 1 and 3 even though they are all good.

Thanks. I think I am pretty much a jeans and heels guy myself. One of the things that I noticed in my review of the last year is that I wore jeans most often. The jeans and blazer look is really becoming my signature. Skirts, dresses, crop pants, etc. are a lot of fun, but jeans I think are my trademark.

How about those Phillies??? Can they repeat?

Repeat? Of course they can! No problem! HA!

Ahhh, Jeff I think you have something here. I do think that we have a very nice thing going on here. I benefit tremendously from your "jaunts" and do learn so much. It is a wonderful thing - us book-ending Pennsylvania in heels (and skirts). I wish the Pirates could feed of the Phillies in the same way, but hey...

Don't worry, the Bucs will have their moment in the sun one day! But you still have the defending Stanley Cup champ Penguins who are no joke! Meanwhile, I'm honored that you've found my outings to have been worthwhile to you because I learn from your exploits as well as I appreciate your fine sense of fashion. I too have come to love wearing clothing from the "other side of the store" as I continue exploring my constantly evolving fashion freedom, something I find exciting. Keep on keeping on, my friend!

Actually, I think I am actually caught up on all of my outings with this post. I had been getting out quicker than my access to the Internet (which I still don't have at my new house, and may not for a few more months) would allow. Here's what I have been up to over the last week or so....

Saturday October 10, 2009 - Yet another date. This time to a street fair with a very popular local band headlining. It was a very nice fall evening, though a bit cooler that it should have been. I wore a gray blazer, black Banana Republic turtleneck, a pair of guys Hollister bootcut jeans with tares around the ankles and black Steve Madden "Stretch Out" knee boots with a bout a 3 inch stiletto heel and a pointy toe. We browsed through some stores, got some hot chocolate at a coffee shop, and shared a bottle of wine with some locals. The band was great, we danced and had a very nice evening.

Monday October 12, 2009 - I had to give a speech later in the evning, so I wore a Tommy Hilfiger suit. I decided to go to breakfast and run a few errands before heading to work, so I threw on a pair of Bass "Alanis" oxford booties that have some suede highlights. These shoes really don't stand out too much. I got no real reactions other possibly a woman standing behind me in line giggling about nothing. Maybe it was me, maybe it wasn't. In any case, it is always nice to just run around in heels.

Wednesday October 14, 2009 - Since my last couple of outings were on the conservative side, I wanted to be just a little bit wilder. It was getting pretty chilly and raining, but I just couldn't resist pulling out peep toes just one more time this fall (OK, I will likely wear them anyway, but it *felt* like a last wear for them for a long time.) I wore black suede jacket, a gray/silver Geoffrey Bean sateen shirt, Lany Braynt Flare jeans, and my gray Banana Republic peep to sling backs. My first stop was to get a bite to eat and check the Internet. On my way into the restaurant, a woman jokingly asked me how I could wear sandals on a cold day like this. I replied that I just had to wear them one more time. She replied that she thought they were beautiful shoes, but I better than her for pulling them out on a cold day. No comment that they were heels or it was strange that i was wearing them, just that is was too cold for her to wear them.

Next, I went to the bank. The tellers asked me about my glasses again. We chatted about the weather, I made a comment about I should have worn boots, but they made no real reply about my shoes. Afterward, I went to Borders, where I picked up some books. I didn't notice any overt reactions, but I did hold the door for an attractive young woman wearing heels herself on the way out. She kind of smiled, and I am pretty sure she did notice.

Thursday October 15, 2009 - My "over the top" outing for the week was still pretty conservative. I wore a pair of Lane Bryant gauchos/capris, black tights, a black/gray striped Banana Republic turtleneck sweater, and an old pair of Nine West loafers with a 3 inch block heel. My first stop was at the outlet mall, where I actually spent a lot of time. I went to Lane Bryant, where I tried on a brown dress that I really liked, but it was still a bit on the pricey side. I did get four new pair of tights. The clerks were friendly and helpful. Next I went to Jones New York, where the clerk was nice but had a customer who wouldn't let her wait on anybody else. Next I went to Kasper, where the clerks really made no effort to help me, but did tell me that I could buy a 25% off coupon at the Lancome store, which I did. The young girl working there and I chatted about makeup a bit and I did buy some eye shadow and a mascara for my next experiment. Finally I wound up at Nine West, where I tried on about 10 pair of shoes and would up buying a pair of wedge loafers that I know I will get a lot of wear out of.

My final stop was at the consignment store I frequent. The owner insited that I try on a couple of evening dresses and she and her helper critiqued and evaluated my style. I told them that it is fun to play, but I don't see myself ever buying an evening gown. Later she said that she asked if I would be interested in a leather skirt, and I said yes, so she spent several minutes unsuccessfully looking for one she thought she got in. I told her if she found it, I would love to try it and she should be giving me a call. She also said that she may be getting in a pair of white boots. I told her to add those to my call list as well. I did but a preppy 80's vintage plaid wool skirt that I may wear this week with brown tights and boots or loafers. But that is for next week....

post-5655-133522894174_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522894178_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522894183_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522894189_thumb.jpg

Thank you again for another great post. I can identify with your choice in wardrobe and high heels so much it is almost uncanny. You continue to give me great ideas where to go while wearing high heels and matching outfits. Please continue with the Happy Feats.

Most impressive, my friend! Most impressive indeed! Of the four, I liked pic number 2 most as that suit looked great, paired with the booties. Very stylish indeed! And those Steve madden boots were sensational. Big ups to you and your terrific fashion sense!

HappyFeat: Looking back over your pictures, I think you look best in straight leg trousers overall. Flares/bootcut look trampy n the pictures you have posted because thay are too long. Not sure if you have the figure for a skirt either as skirts generally look good on a shapely body, whereas on a guy, it just makes you look like a shapeless tube with a belly (Any guy, not just you bud) I think the red shoes you have might look great with some black trousers (straight leg) and a blood-red shirt with black jacket, that would look awesome.. The peep-toe shoes..... Personally speaking, I'd never give a thumbs up to a guy in peep-toes, especially with huge flares over them showing only the big toe as they are meant to be seen, totally seen, not hidden... The suit look seems to suit you VERY well with your shape and some dark blue straight leg jeans wouldnt go a miss...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Well, this is quite a variety here! The boots in photo one are great (of course, I have the same pair but they are too wide for me)! But the look of the oxfords with the suit; EXCELLENT!!

It's all about the heel!

Well, I didn't make it out in the last week. Life has thrown me a few surprises and kept me busier than usual. I am planning a couple of outings over the next week and we will see if my plans come to fruition. I just wanted to reply to some postings, which were all very helpful and informative.....

Thank you again for another great post. I can identify with your choice in wardrobe and high heels so much it is almost uncanny. You continue to give me great ideas where to go while wearing high heels and matching outfits. Please continue with the Happy Feats.

I am glad that you like what I throw together. For me, one of the great things about HHPlace is getting fashion ideas, as well as nurturing my desire to try new and different things. Some things work, some things don't but the ideas never stop coming do they? I am one of those people who if I want to try something, I just go for it - for better or for worse.

Most impressive, my friend! Most impressive indeed! Of the four, I liked pic number 2 most as that suit looked great, paired with the booties. Very stylish indeed! And those Steve madden boots were sensational. Big ups to you and your terrific fashion sense!

Yea, part of me loves doing things that are a bit more over the top, but in my heart I know that shoes like the black booties or the Steve Madden boots do best for me. I do love to experiment and keep trying things. As far as fashion sense, I think I am developing a better understanding of what works and what doesn't, but that should NEVER stand int he way of having a bit of fun.

Well, this is quite a variety here! The boots in photo one are great (of course, I have the same pair but they are too wide for me)! But the look of the oxfords with the suit; EXCELLENT!!

Actually, these boots fit me pretty well. I typically have trouble with Steve Madden because they run small. I found them a couple of years ago in a discount shoe store at the end of the season for $10, but they are a size 12. If Maddens run a bit wide for you, you must have a narrow foot. I thought I did, but I the width in an 11 is usually an issue. Of course, this isn't the first time we have discovered that we own many of the same shoes. I still covet the bone Gorros....:chuckle:

Nice read and pics again. It was so hard for me to pick a winner this time. But I will go with 1 and 3 as a tie because I am a jeans guys. Although 2 was a close second. Way to go!

I love wearing jeans with heels and love the look on women as well. Casual, yet smart. Something that's tough to pull off....

HappyFeat:

Looking back over your pictures, I think you look best in straight leg trousers overall. Flares/bootcut look trampy n the pictures you have posted because thay are too long.

Not sure if you have the figure for a skirt either as skirts generally look good on a shapely body, whereas on a guy, it just makes you look like a shapeless tube with a belly (Any guy, not just you bud)

I think the red shoes you have might look great with some black trousers (straight leg) and a blood-red shirt with black jacket, that would look awesome..

The peep-toe shoes..... Personally speaking, I'd never give a thumbs up to a guy in peep-toes, especially with huge flares over them showing only the big toe as they are meant to be seen, totally seen, not hidden...

The suit look seems to suit you VERY well with your shape and some dark blue straight leg jeans wouldnt go a miss...

Thanks for the critique! I love it when somebody has something to say and backs it up with examples. However, I don't think that I have ever had the word "trampy" (though a few synonyms of that word have been used) applied to me. That gives me a big chuckle actually.

As for the length of pants, I am always a bit confused about to to work with that. Many people have told me that you need to wear longer pants with heels than with flats...that the hem should cover at least part of the shoes. This is excellent input and I will take it under consideration in the future.

As for the skirts, I know exactly what you are talking about. Looking at my pictures, I often feel that I should be buying maternity clothing...One think that would help me greatly is simply to lose about 20 pounds, but that takes effort and self discipline, which I am a bit short on at the moment. Your description of a "shapeless tube with a belly" does seem to apply, and again I love the turn of phrase.

The peep-toes and skirts fall in the same category for me. I know that they are not the most flattering things I wear, but I just LOVE them so much. I have a lot of fun wearing them, so I will likely continue, but I have been wearing them less and less recently. They are more an expression of my personality than a pure fashion statement.

I love your suggestions for outfits and I am planning to implement them in the future.

I typically have trouble with Steve Madden because they run small. If Maddens run a bit wide for you, you must have a narrow foot.

No, HappyFeat, although yes, the Maddens always run small, but I meant wide in the calf! I also have a 12, but I could take them in about three inches in the calf and they would be fine!

I still covet the bone Gorros....:w00t2:

Remember Monty Hall, "Let's Make a Deal"!:chuckle::nervous:

It's all about the heel!

As for the skirts, I know exactly what you are talking about. Looking at my pictures, I often feel that I should be buying maternity clothing...One think that would help me greatly is simply to lose about 20 pounds, but that takes effort and self discipline, which I am a bit short on at the moment. Your description of a "shapeless tube with a belly" does seem to apply, and again I love the turn of phrase.

Nahhh! I don't see it that way! All it takes is the right skirt or dress, properly fitted or accessorized for your shape to make said items look good on you. I've seen more than my fair share of women who look considerably less than flattering to downright awful in skirts or dresses, so I think we men who choose to wear items from "the other side of the store" can improve upon that, if we're willing to put in the required work to get the job done. We don't have to shoot for the classic hourglass figure, that's patently impossible unless you add a corset to the equation, and that's not necessary, simply try to make skirts and dresses work with your figure, not against it. I think you've done well, so don't feel discouraged, just worker harder to achieve the look you want.

Well put, Jeff, as always! If you look at the general population of women, you will see all types of figures, mode of dress etc. Some are flattering, some no clue and many in between.

HappyFeat, Jeff is on the money; the 20 lbs isn't all that much to discuss - and think of all of the shaping devices that they use to make all of that work! From all in ones to panty girdles to various other shapers and things - the only thing that we have and you can't find them, are the "mirdles."

It's all about the heel!

"Mirdles" - Ugh, I hate that name. "Men's shapewear" is much better.

http://www.comfilon.com/catalogbriefs.asp is one source.

There are also sheer pantyhose with control tops (e.g., Style A582) at:

http://www.comfilon.com/catalogsheerpantyhose.asp

And in the spirit of full disclosure, I am a partner in the company.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Because the Fall gets fairly busy, my outings seem to slow down a bit; however here are my last set of outings and outfits:

#164 - Thursday October 29 - It had been two weeks since my last opportunity to get out and about, which is about as long of a dry spell that I can handle. I went for a haircut and did some shopping at Robinson, a shopping area west of Pittsburgh. I wore a very traditional outfit (for me at least) - a brown corduroy blazer, a blue oxford shirt, Limited 917 jeans, and brown Nine West "Kickline" Mary Jane pumps with patterned cream colored trouser socks.

I went into one of those quick, walk-ins welcome hair salons and was taken back immediately. Though it was obvious that the stylist noticed, she made no mention of it. She cut my hair, we had a very nice conversation and she washed me after the cut. She told me that I had to go check out the Aldo, which just opened and I agreed that I love their shoes, but I come in a hard to fit size, but that was a close as it came to any mention of my footwear. I did notice other employees and customers checking me out ever discreetly, it is fairly hard to miss. After I paid and left her with a generous tip, I was walking out as a young guy came in. I turned and he and my stylist were sharing a laugh and watching my shoes walk away.

Next, I left the mall and went to Barnes and Nobel. I did some Internet surfing, looked through a few new computer books and enjoyed a Frapachino. I stopped by the Dress Barn where the clerks were fairly helpful in suggesting things for me to buy and letting me try on a couple of skirts.

#165 - Friday October 30 - I had a couple of errenads to run early in the day and decided to do them in heels. The weather was unseasonably warm and I wanted an outfit to enjoy the weather, but I didn't have much time to plan anything, so I threw on a black jacket, a patterned Claiborne black shirt with Calvin Klien straight leg jeans, and my new Nine West "Yumyum" wedge loafers. I was taking Tech's advice to try straight jeans, but I did commit the sin of skipping any hosiery because it was a very nice warm day.

First, I stopped to put some gas in my car. There were four or five people around the station while I was there and everybody did a (subtle) double take. Next i went to the bank. My regular teller wasn't there, but I did chat with the teller who was working about the wonderful balck knit dress she was wearing. When I was leaving the bank, a beautiful young woman was coming in, wearing black pumps herself, and while I was holding the door I told her her shoes were great, she smiled, and thanked me. When she passed I looked back and she was looking at my shoes chatting it up with the clerks. Afterward I went to Marshalls where I bought something to support me while wearing a skirt (again advice from a previous post) and some knee highs and trouser socks. Again, I did get a fair amount of attention. My last stop was the Avenue, a plus size store, where I browsed a bit but didn't find the staff terribly helpful.

#166 - Wednesday Nov. 4 - Last year, November was a VERY slow month for me (only one outing) so I wanted to see if I could get out a bit more this year. I decided it was time to make a great boot outing while I ran a couple of errands. Again, I went to Robinson and my main goal was to get some things to wrap birthday presents. I wore a brown jacket, an Italian wool sweater that I found in a thrift store, brown Bandolino gauchos, and brown Franco Sarto "Mill" knee boots. At the mall, I went to Lane Bryant (nothing on clearance), Bakers (where I tried on one pair of shoes), Aldo (where the only clerk was swamped by a demanding customer), and finally the Dollar Tree (where I loaded up on gift bags). I got a lot of looks, of course, but I did love this outfit and had a lot of fun wearing it.

#167 - Thursday Nov. 5 - I went shopping with my friend (not ready to call her a girlfriend, but heading that way) to the outlets. She wanted to pick up some tops at Ann Taylor, and wanted my help, so I was more than happy to oblige. Since she is petite, and I am over 6 feet tall, I usually don't like to wear terribly high heels when we are out, so I went casual. I wore a greenish brown Claiborne sweater, Lane Bryant boot cut jeans, green knee highs, and brown patent Bandolino "MacDougal" loafers.

When through the blouses and found her several, but the fun cam when we found the $5 summer clearance. She picked out a few things and so did I. I got a couple pair of white shorts, a pair of khaki trousers, and a pair of ankle length khaki pants. We went to dinner afterward. It was a pretty fun, spontaneous outing.

#168 - Sunday Nov. 8 - Just a quick outing to Panerra to check some Internet stuff on their free wi-fi. Again, I wore an outfit that I just threw together at the spur of the moment. Typically, Sundays I work on my house, and this day was no different. I took a shower in the early evening, but on an off-white GAP sweater, Lane Bryant boot cut jeans, and my brown Rampage "Klassy" pumps with patent highlights, round toe, and wing-tip pattern. I did get a lot of looks from everybody in the store, but over the hour or so that I was there, I just sat and worked with the computer. I am finding that it is really just about the stealing of a little time here-and-there for heeling that is truly wonderful.

post-5655-133522895902_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522895907_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522895912_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522895917_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522895921_thumb.jpg