The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

Again, nice outings Happyfeat ! What a nice treat your offered yourself at the spa ! (I should do that someday..) Your outfit at the karaoke night is quite amazing. Will you "reach the limit" soon ? ;) Did the 3 women or others made any comments about your "special" outfit ?

More stylin', more profilin'! Once again, you've impressed me, my friend! Those were all cool looking outfits you sported on your latest outings. You certainly do know how to make outfits pop. Big ups to you, HF!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Again, nice outings Happyfeat !

What a nice treat your offered yourself at the spa ! (I should do that someday..)

Your outfit at the karaoke night is quite amazing. Will you "reach the limit" soon ? ;)

Did the 3 women or others made any comments about your "special" outfit ?

Daniel, I highly recommend a day at the spa. If you have never had a pedicure, it is a truly phenomenal experience! Not to say other services are not wonderful, but a treat for your feet is the best. Though a relaxing or deep tissue massage is wonderful as well.

As far as reaching my limit, I think I am getting close. Like many other guys, my desire to heel comes and goes and since I have been on a pretty remarkable run, I am feeling that I may be taking a break for a few weeks. But this happens to me from time to time, so we'll just see what happens.

Actually, one thing that I have noted is that women seem to be much more "forward" or "open" to me when I am wearing heels. I did get a comment from one women about how much they liked my shoes, but didn't get any comments directed to the rest of my outfit. To me it is a bit of a conundrum - am I more approachable,outgoing, etc while wearing heels, or is it that women are actually attracted, or at least curious enough to talk to me while I am? I don't have an answer to that, but I figure its is a bit of both. Anyway, it is just nice to do what I want to do.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

More stylin', more profilin'! Once again, you've impressed me, my friend! Those were all cool looking outfits you sported on your latest outings. You certainly do know how to make outfits pop. Big ups to you, HF!

I know we have discussed this before, but it can never be said enough: Heeling for me is a lot more about the whole look than just slapping on a pair of shoes and heading out. I know that you do the same thing...like to plan the look in advance, match shoes and clothes, etc. As I do more and more, I just keep trying to develop my "look."

Maybe this is one of the reasons that I am getting ready to slow down a bit - it is a lot of work trying to put together something that is different than my last outings. Anyway, I do love "stylin' and profilin'!"

Thanks for the wonderful support Jeff!

Style is built from the ground up!

HappyFeat, I don't want this to come out sounding wrong, but I think maybe, just maybe, the reason women tend to be more open and forward to you when you are dressed and wearing heels is that they may think you are gay. And for some reason, women seem to be very open to gay men. (boy, am I stereotyping here! lol). Needless to say, they quickly find out you are not, but I would imagine that the initial impression is often that a man dressed at least partially in what is traditionally womens clothing and footwear may be gay. There is no insinuation here at all, but I think that may be the reason that they are more willing to talk and more open initially. Your thoughts?

Actually, RonC that thought has occurred to me. On occasion, women do ask me if I am gay during the course of conversation. Usually when I explain that I like women, they are more than pleasantly surprised. So, I agree that there is a certain icebreaker effect to women thinking that initially. In fact, one of the women I was talking to the other evening is a self-described "fag hag" - a straight woman who socializes a lot with gay men - and said that I should do very well with similar women. That is neither here nor there, but if it helps me meet attractive women, they can think I a space alien for all I care...LOL On the flip side, gay men don't really know how to take me. Most are friendly and quite social, but I am still difficult for people to pigeon hole, so to speak. I have had more than one man tell me that I would be gorgeous if I lost the shoes. I just smile and thank them but say that I don't like to go out barefoot. Anyway, I do not have any umbrage at all about your comments. People have often thought that I am gay, even when not wearing heels. Not to contribute to the stereotype, but if people think I am gay I must be dressing nice at least. I guess it is just part of who I am - I really don't care what people think about me one way or another, on the surface at least. Part of what's fun about heeling is the initial curiosity people show and talking to the people who accept it. The rest is just conjecture and fluff...

Daniel, I highly recommend a day at the spa. If you have never had a pedicure, it is a truly phenomenal experience!

Greatings Tom :-)

I had a pedicure twice until now and one massage another time but no complete spa treatment yet.

I will certainly try it for sure !

HappyFeat, I don't want this to come out sounding wrong, but I think maybe, just maybe, the reason women tend to be more open and forward to you when you are dressed and wearing heels is that they may think you are gay. And for some reason, women seem to be very open to gay men...

Greatings RonC :-)

I was going to reply exactly the same way as you did and I am glad you did it before me.

I noticed that since I wear "un-conventional" clothing and shoes, womens are more "opened"

and willing to speak to me. I'm sure because they think I'am gay, I will not try to "cruise" them.

What a surprise for them when I sometime do (just a little bit...not too much) and they realize I'm not gay !

And I must admit that I like to speak with women about subjects other than sports and cars.

I find it very refreshing and relaxing at the same time. They see our world a different way than we do.

Happyfeat:-) Since I have been off the web for about 6 weeks for surgery, I have had a lot of catching up to do. Especially on the Happy feats of Happyfeat. Your outfits look fantastic on you and show that you undoubtedly have spent much time working them up. I particularly like the white blazer skirt combination with the tall heels. Outstanding on you. I also like the new way that you are presenting your pics. A much nicer way of doing them. Congrats. As you said, (or someone said), a lot of us live vicariously through you and a few others here on the Board. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Phew..thanks, guys, at least I wasn't totally off base there! I have worked with a few gay men, and my wife's office is almost all gay men (and a few gay women as well), so I am not speaking from inexperience when I say that most straight women will readily interact with a gay man when they might not be nearly as open to a straight man. I guess it takes away all the pressure!

I thought I was going to see a pretty big reduction in my time to heel, but that still hasn't materialized, so here are my latest outings!

Saturday Morning - Just a causal day out in heels. I had some morning errands, so I decided to do it in heels. The big deal for me was that I went to my bank branch in heels. I never did this before because I never knew how they would react and I see them a lot. I just don't care any more. One teller did give me a long glance and I am sure they talked about me after I was gone. Again, don't care. I did my grocery shopping and went to he post office. I don't know what kind of reactions I got because I just didn't pay that much attention....

Ah yes, a state of mind where you focus first on how your heels entertain your reality. And since that's such a positive experience for you (entertaining yourself by wearing heels), it matters little if others dare to adventure into your mental territory because you have fun regardless..but if they choose to enter your reality, watch out! ;)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

As far as reaching my limit, I think I am getting close. Like many other guys, my desire to heel comes and goes and since I have been on a pretty remarkable run, I am feeling that I may be taking a break for a few weeks. But this happens to me from time to time, so we'll just see what happens.

Well, I hope you won't be on the shelf for very long, should that come to pass. Because my outings are so few as I only have time for my jaunts on weekends, and even then, I can't always take advantages of those few opportunities, so I've yet to reach my saturation point and, as a result, my passion remains fresh for me. Like that old saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

I know we have discussed this before, but it can never be said enough: Heeling for me is a lot more about the whole look than just slapping on a pair of shoes and heading out. I know that you do the same thing...like to plan the look in advance, match shoes and clothes, etc. As I do more and more, I just keep trying to develop my "look."

Oh, most definitely! I think nothing of spending upwards of an hour or more most nights working on clothing/shoes/handbag combinations to put together for future outings as I never do anything on the spur of the moment. That's just plain foolish. Heck, sometimes, I even take notes of what combinations I think would work in public and what wouldn't. Having spent twenty years in the military taught me the value of preparedness, so I've taken what I've learned to heart when it comes to my fashion freestyling. To me, getting there is half the fun. Here's a lesson to all the newbies out there: Wearing the shoes is nowhere near enough! You HAVE to put together a full and complete outfit from top to bottom. If you're going to wear heels (or, in my case, heels and skirts), you HAVE to look the very best you can in order to present a proper image while in public. Bottom line, if you look good, you'll feel good!

Maybe this is one of the reasons that I am getting ready to slow down a bit - it is a lot of work trying to put together something that is different than my last outings.

"Work"? Good grief! For me, that's pure pleasure! HA!

First, DawnHH it is great to see you back. I am hoping the recovery from your surgery is going well and I am also looking forward to reading your psts once again now that you are with us again.

These are my four latest outings:

Wednesday - A bit of an impromptu outing, and my most casual of the week as I wore my Lane Bryant bootcut jeans, a black linen shirt, a gray wool sports coat, and red Bandolino "Anthem" red Mary Jane pumps. Much of my last post was written while I sat in Panera using their Internet connection. Though I didn't pay much attention to those around me, when I did take a moment to look around, I was getting a fair amount of attention. Though I am paying much less attention to the world around me while I am heeling, I do try to watch some so I can report any out of the ordinary reactions here, but other than getting a few long glances, some strange smirks, and the occasional giggle, I didn't notice much. I sat in the middle of the crowded restaurant, in plain sight of everybody, and made no effort to hide my red pumps. It was a very relaxing hour and a half that I just worked on my computer, drank enough iced tea until I felt liquid and went back home. It is just wonderful to go out when you know you look really good!

Thursday Morning - Thursday morning was much more of a planned outing for me. Continuing on my theme or over the top shoes, I wore my red patent Bandolino "Rianna" peep toe pumps with a hidden platform. I matched it with a white cotton pullover and a pair of gray Lane Bryant dress pants with a wide cuff. These pants have a regular inseam which gave a lot of exposure to my shoes. Though I didn't wear it in my photographs, I did wear a short black jacket for some of my outing because it was fairly cool that morning.

My first stop was Wal-Mart. I really hate going to Wal-Mart in general, but specifically I hate going to Wal-Mart for a specific item. On a Thursday morning, I was quite suprised to find that the store was very busy, mostly with older people, but a few women with children were also in the store. When I got there, without hesitation I went in, headed for the pharmacy and started looking for my item. Of course the store is huge, there were many different places it could be and there was nobody to ask for help. SO after about 20 minutes, I left. A women was leaving just after me, she followed me with her cart, a turned to see that she was having a giggle as she followed me. In the parking lot, she ran past me, acting quite coy. I felt glad to give her something new to challenge her horizons.

After Wal-Mart, I went to Walgreens. I knew that I would pay more for my item, but I could at least find it or somebody to help me. Again, in the store without hesitation. The store wasn't busy so I asked the pharmacist for help. She was a very attractive women in her late 20's. I asked her for help in what I was wanting, she told me the aisle, then said in a soft voice that she loved my shoes and asked me where I got them. I thanked her, told them what they were and where I found them. She said "they are great," I said i loved them then went about my business. I was really surprised she saw them because she was behind a counter and I didn't see her until I approached the counter. Just goes to show that people see things even when you don't think they do. After checking out, I went on.

My next stop was a day spa that has a discount on massages. I haven't had a massage for ages and stopped in to schedule an appointment. Again, the receptionist sat behind a very high counter. She didn't see my shoes I am pretty sure because I had to repat my phone number three times before she got it right. She was a young woman, maybe even still in high school much more interested in her Facebook chat. You will have that.

I had decided that I was going out later that evening so I wanted to look for some accessories for my outfit I had planned. I stopped at a consignment store that I visited the previous week. The woman working greeted me with enthusiasm and told me they had gotten a lot of new things in. I went and looked, but they really didn't have much new in my sizes. When I was leaving, she asked what my sizes are, and I told her. She told me that her "other friend" wears a 14 shoe. So, not only does she have another male customer, we are now friends I suppose. She told me that they are open late on Tuesdays and they weren't busy if I wised to come in then. I said that I might do that, not sure if she wanted to be of more help or didn't want me scaring away the female customers or if she thought that I just may be more comfortable in a less active environment. I asked her if I could bring in some things to consign, and she told me that would be great since she really didn't get much in larger sizes. I will likely do that to test these waters.

After a few more stops at second hand stores, all uneventful I pulled into Starbucks and got a Frapachino. I was behind a very tall, thin young woman wearing yellow green peep toe pumps with a matching bag, a black top and a denim knee lenght skirt. She was very "Type A" and stayed focused on ordering. I knew she didn't see my shoes or anything since she seemed to be in her own world. While we were waiting for our drinks, she remained focused, standing at the counter staring tat the barista making her coffee. I got my order before her, and said to her as I was leaving that I loved her shoes. She turned smiled and thanked me then went back into her zone.

Finally, I found what I was looking for at a second hand store near my house silk scarves. I got two in black and white patterns. The store was busy, they really had nothing else that I wanted, but the women checking me out was very friendly and told me that I should come in every now and then. Obviously, she knew who I was shopping for.

Thursday Night - Again, a trip to Karaoke. However, I was really in a mood to go even more over the top than normal, so I pulled out my third and final dress from my collection. This dress is a bit different than my other two I have tried. It is just a black straight, crew neck, short sleeve, above the knee knit dress. Very simple. It is actually more like a long tee shirt. When I tried it on, it actually looks like something a roman gladiator might have worn, so it even has a bit of a masculine cut. I put my black patent belt with it to give a littls shape, and after watching several You Tube videos on scarf tying, I added one scarf around the neck for a bit of accent. While dressing I ran two pair of black nylons and eventually went with a pair of silver shimmery pantyhose. I finished the outfit with black Nine West "Gillman" sling backs.

The scarf got a lot of complements. I chatted with several people, got many complements, and danced a little. The evening was pretty par for the course, but I did like the way my dress worked this night. I am planning many different ways that I might wear it.

Sunday Afternoon - The owner of the bar where I go for Karaoke invited me to a pool party at her house. Since it was a nice summer day and we were going to be outside, I wore a red silk cabana shirt, khaki linen draw string Lane Bryant pants with red vertical pin stripes (clown pants), and brown Rampage "Madyson" thong mules. However, I did spend some of the party barefoot around the pool.

Many of the people I knew from the club, but there were a few I hadn't met. I mingled, sat a table and chatted with some people and just had a relaxing Sunday afternoon. Since most of the people I talked to had only ever seem me while I was wearing heels, there was no real discussion of my shoes or attire. It was just very nice to be in a social situation like that while dressed they way that I prefer to dress.

So, looking back at my outings with week, each an every one of them had a special component - red shoes, peep toes, sandals, a dress. In many ways it may be my best week yet, even if nothing "huge" happened.

post-5655-133522886758_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522886764_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522886786_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522886792_thumb.jpg

Nice statement scarf! And nice work with your social circle, being invited by the bar owner will make a great story to tell in your future outings.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

HappyFeat: Great pics all around! Once again, you displayed a truly fine sense of style, and the way you accessorized that dress was absolutely amazing. Bravo, my friend, bravo!

Well done HappyFeat !

And again, a very nice dress which fits like a glove and the belt is perfect.

You said "it looks like something a roman gladiator might have worn"

I did not realized that before but you are right ! (Except the gladiator's "dress" was made of leather...I think)

I am now wondering what a black dress like yours would look like with my black gladiator's sandals...;)

So mens wore dresses in the gladiator's era and they also wore heels in the 16th century ?

Does it means women's actually "took" both dress and heel from the men's wardrobe ? (another debate ?)

If so, then we have all the rights to have these items back on our side .... ;)

Happy heeling to all and wear what YOU want !

Very nice outings! Loved reading about them. The pictures were great too! I especially like the one with the jeans. It looks totally casual and is totally my style. Well Done!

Nice statement scarf!

And nice work with your social circle, being invited by the bar owner will make a great story to tell in your future outings.

Yea, it got a lot of complements and attention. I think it is ironic that a guy who goes out in a dress, nylons and heels makes the *true* statement with his scarf. It is also ironic that I am not much for animal prints and when I pick an animal print to wear, it is strangely bovine. Anyway, scarves are something that I think I am going to start experimenting with a bit. They are a great option for the freestyle wardrobe.

I do think it is pretty cool being invited to the party last Sunday. Carole is a very wonderful person and one of the first people to really accept my fashion choices. When I go to her club, I am usually treated like royalty and I know that through her acceptance, it has indeed enhanced my "street cred" so to speak. I have built many relationships with people such as store managers, for example and it is amazing how these relationships often turn others in proximity into fast friends. Another example of "social proof" at work.

HappyFeat: Great pics all around! Once again, you displayed a truly fine sense of style, and the way you accessorized that dress was absolutely amazing. Bravo, my friend, bravo!

Ahhh, Jeff...now I think I may be into scarves as well. When will it ever end! So many wonderful options and its a shame life is so short! When I wore first dress that I posted here, many comments suggested accessorizing, but mainly focused on jewelry. This got me to thinking - I didn't want to invest a whole lot of money into something I may wear VERY rarely (even costume jewelry can be pricey) - so a scarf seemed like a wonderful option. And the dress is quite plain and called out for accessorizing. Though I am not totally pleased with the outcome, I think it worked pretty well for a first attempt.

As for the dress itself, I have great plans for it in the future and it will become a staple of my freestyle wardrobe, likely in many different incarnations.

And again, a very nice dress which fits like a glove and the belt is perfect.

You said "it looks like something a roman gladiator might have worn"

I did not realized that before but you are right ! (Except the gladiator's "dress" was made of leather...I think)

I am now wondering what a black dress like yours would look like with my black gladiator's sandals...

Actually the belt came off the little, empire waist dress I wore earlier. It is the only true "woman's" belt that I own. I wasn't very sure about wearing black on black, but since the dress really had no waist, I think it was crying out for something. I am glad you liked it. Other options for the future may be be to get a wide belt in a color that matches my shoes, or just for some contrast. Red comes to mind, but also a silver chain would be a good option. The other option I considered was tying scarves around my waist to used a belt. Oh, the options! Though they can make me a bit crazy, I do love having them.

I do agree that gladiator sandals would look great with the dress. They would really bring something to it for sure. Stay tuned, I have an idea for a future outing along these lines...

Very nice outings! Loved reading about them. The pictures were great too! I especially like the one with the jeans. It looks totally casual and is totally my style. Well Done!

HappyFeat, I love those red Mary Janes! Great look with jeans imho. And once again, the new photo format is great! Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the feedback on the jeans and the red Mary Janes. I have had them for a long time and was never sure what to wear with them. For some reason, I was apprehensive about wearing them with jeans as well as wearing them without hosiery. Strange I know, but that's why I post them here is to get the wonderful feedback. I think that will be a fairly common look for me in the future.

Thanks, for the feedback on the picture format. I still may tweak it a bit, but I am pretty pleased with how it just shows all of the important thangs in one easily accessed image.

Once again, congratulations on your wonderful outings and your fantastic wardrobe and high heels. I read every one of your posts and it gives me ideas for my future outings in high heels. I also appreciate you sharing your pictures with us because those too give me ideas for dressing for furture outings in high heels. Please keep your correspondence coming. It is also a good and fun read.

Ahhh, Jeff...now I think I may be into scarves as well. When will it ever end! So many wonderful options and its a shame life is so short! When I wore first dress that I posted here, many comments suggested accessorizing, but mainly focused on jewelry. This got me to thinking - I didn't want to invest a whole lot of money into something I may wear VERY rarely (even costume jewelry can be pricey) - so a scarf seemed like a wonderful option. And the dress is quite plain and called out for accessorizing. Though I am not totally pleased with the outcome, I think it worked pretty well for a first attempt.

As for the dress itself, I have great plans for it in the future and it will become a staple of my freestyle wardrobe, likely in many different incarnations.

Scarves, eh? Well, why not? Nothing like proper accessorizing to make a plain Jane outfit really pop! And you did quite well with that ensemble, making that dress stand out. The shoes you wore were a darn nice touch too! Once again, bravo! I'll certainly be interested in learning where you'll take that dress next! By all means, keep us informed!

Greatings JeffB :-)

I am also really curious to know if HappyFeat finally "reached the limit" by wearing that dress.

But I am beginning to think he may have no limits. He continuously improve on each outing !

Like you said "By all means, keep us informed!" (Can't wait to read more...)

I've been extremely busy for the past three weeks and haven't been here much. So I was browsing tonight, just catching up and saw your latest pic. As I went through them, I said to myself - yes, Door #2 --- but then I saw Door #3 and, WOW! Great look HappyFeat; you have truly outdone yourself with the black dress, scarf and slings!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about the heel!

Here are my latest five outings:

Tuesday Morning - Tuesday morning was a surprisingly nice weather wise. Lately, the weather has left a lot to be desired as I can only recall one day without rain in the last three weeks. There have been some nice days where it rained earlier or later in the day, but even those have been few. Rising early, I decided to take advantage. I wore a black rayon tee shirt, which I left untucked, a pair of long flare Lane Bryant jeans, and my Rapport "Hudson" platform sandals.

Since I was out early, (before 9:00 AM, which isn't exactly THAT early) few things were actually open. My first stop was Panera, where I had a small breakfast Quiche (remember "real men don't eat quiche?") and some iced tea. I sat down with my computer near a woman who was working on her computer and talking on her cell phone the entire time I was there. She was a pharmaceutical rep., a mother of two small children, is going on vacation next month to Florida, etc. See how much you can learn about somebody while they gab on their phone at a slightly louder than acceptable volume. In any case she was wearing a very nice navy skirt suit and off white slide mules with a little buckle. She noticed my shoes but other than glancing up at my face, paid no further attention. However she was far from being in the moment. I don't know why this struck me so strangely, but it did.

One of the employees took a break and sat close to me even though there were plenty of empty seats in other areas. She kept looking at my shoes and at me, sending text messages, etc. All of her hubub prompted me to speak to her when I went for a drink refill. She returned the greeting politely. As typical for a visit to Panera, one of the employees is constantly sweeping near my table. I know that a place that specializes in bread would make a lot of crumbs, or maybe I am just a slob, but I know what's really going on. Different employees use it as an excuse to get a closeup view of my shoes, so I make an effort to make a witty comment each time they pass by.

Next I went to the big box bookseller next door. They had just opened (I can't really figure out why a place with a coffee bar waits to open until 9:00, but they do) and I browsed the shelves. They really weren't that busy, so I don't have much to report as far as interactions. However, I did find a book that I have been wanting to read for some time. I did set and get started on it before heading to Lane Bryant which opened at 10:00 AM.

At LB, I chatted with the staff. I am pretty sure that the one clerk who I had been trying to go out with me for some time as lost her interest, but it was still fun chatting with her. They really don't have much new in that was interesting me, but I did find a really nice denim skirt that fit me like a glove. It was marked down to $18, so I bought it as well as about 10 pair of tights that were marked down to $2.99 each. So, now I am fairly well stocked up for next winter. I tried on a few other things just because I was there, had some nice conversation and left for home around noon.

Tuesday Night - The weather was supposed to cool off considerably on Tuesday evening, projecting somewhere less than 60 degrees F. So I decided that I would go to Karaoke night in my new skirt. I had been wanting to try the tights and sandals look that I had seen a few women wearing this Spring and thought this would be one of my last chances to do so until September (eventually Summer weather will be here). I wore black tights and the same sandals I wore earlier in the day (Rapport "Hudson" platform sandals.) For a top, I wore this huge charcoal gray polyester dress shirt that is maybe two sizes too big for me. I bought it some time ago and have worn it on other outings, but mainly it was one of those items I bought to see if i could "do something with it, fashion wise." I am not sure it worked, but it was something different.

I did get a lot of complements on my shoes, and even a couple on my skirt. It was pretty typical Tuesday night - a couple of beers, a little conversation, danced a couple of numbers, watched a lot of the younger folk engage in senseless drama, etc.

Wednesday Afternoon - Again, another day of gray skies, intermittent showers, and cool temperatures. I had a very difficult time deciding what to wear. After trying in several things, I went with a red cotton JCrew blazer, a blue Polo oxford Lane Bryant regular length boot cut jeans, and red platform Nine West "Janette" pumps. I was not very pleased with my outfit, or many of my clothes, so i threw some of the things I seldom wear into a bag to take with me. Eventually, I lost the jacket because though the temps were cool, the humidity was quite high and it was just a bit too warm for the day.

My first stop was to the outlets where I wanted to check out a skirt that I saw at Ann Taylor last week. However when I got there it was gone. The people at the Ann Taylor store are not very welcoming to me at all actually, so after a few minutes of browsing I went onto Nine West. At Nine West I bought two pair of shoes - a pair of black sandals with a corked platform sole and a pair of raspberry pumps. The "Pink Heels" thread has had me thinking and I wanted to give a shade of pink a tryout sometime.

Next I went on to the consignment store that I visited last week. I took the bag that had a few pair of pants, jeans, a skirt, and three pair of shoes to put out for consignment. I had never done this before, but it seemed that the woman who owns the store was pretty open to my heeling and I wanted to foster a relationship with her and her store. She showed me that the store had a downstairs, which was pretty cool. We chatted for a bit and she took all of my items and invited me to bring more.

Finally, I went to Starbucks where I ordered a drink, sat down to read my new book. I did get a fair amount of attention from the patrons, though I stop here a lot and the staff seldom even glances at my shoes much any more. I did chat with a women wearing a black skirt, white blouse, black nylons, and cute but sensible pumps about the rain, but shoes never came up. I think she was another salesperson processing some paperwork.

Thursday Morning - My main event for Thursday morning was getting a massage. I made the appointment last week on an outing and today was the day. I didn't have any fear about wearing heels to my massage, figuring that since my nails are done, the masseuse would see that, so I wore a blue seersucker shirt, white linen pants form Lane Bryant and blue Villager "Rave" open toe pumps with about a 3 inch heel. These shoes are cheap - I bought them at the Shoe Carnival for $10, but they are fairly unique looking.

The massage was fantastic - I felt like a new man, even if I wasn't dressed like one. There were no comments about my shoes what so ever. I stopped at a different Starbucks after the massage, read my book a bit, and just relaxed in the post massage moment. One woman, who again was talking on her cell phone for the entire 45 minutes i was there, did look at my shoes a few times. Each time I saw her, she looked up at my face and smiled. I would return the smile. She never did end her call however, but she talked softly enough that I don't know her life story.

My final stop was at the Dress barn. i had never been in the store before, always thinking it was fairly low end. However, Dress barn clothes was one of the brands on the list of things the consignment store would take. I did get fairly good service. One clerk pulled a couple of thing off a rack that she said she liked and when I did find something, she opened a fitting room for me. However, the dress I liked didn't have the waist in the right place and the lining made it just a bit too snug. As typical, they didn't have it in a size up, so I didn't buy anything. I will start checking out these stores now however since they seem fairly male customer friendly.

Thursday Evening - For Thursday night Karaoke, I wore my third and final Ann Taylor skirt. This one was above the knee in a red with blue accents. I matched it with a white ruffled blouse (insert Jerry Seinfeld "puffy shirt" or pirate joke here), blue nylons and Bandolino "Sneakpeak" pumps with a low heel. These shoes are not "sexy" but of the three pair of blue shoes i own, they are the sexiest, I suppose. I thought about wearing my purple or red patent pumps, but with the blue nylons, I thought it would be tacky.

Again a pretty typical night. I did dance with a very sexy girl and may have even kissed her a couple of times, but after spending a little more time with her, backed off a bit because she was a little on the drunk side. Not to mention a couple cards short and had a crazy ex boyfriend who was stalking her. It is always an interesting night. I did talk to several people and let one guy convince me to go to another bar with him - it was his birthday and he just got over knee surgery - which was very dead. I spent most of the time talking to the bartender about her kids and eventually drove my drunk, injured, birthday celebrating friend home.

Well, there you have it - another week in the books. Next week should prove to be another busy week if all goes well. We will just have to see what comes next. I do plan on visiting the woman I talked to about the Web site and maybe doing lunch with a friend. So the saga will continue...

post-5655-133522886902_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522886907_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522886911_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522886916_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522886921_thumb.jpg

HappyFeat: Once again, you've impressed me with your fine sense of style in your outings, boldly going where no fashion freestyler has gone before! Heh! Pic number four with the poofy shirt, dark red skirt and pumps was my favorite. WOW! You really pushed the envelope on that occasion, my friend! While I definitely like the skirt, I'd opt for a more sedate shirt. HA! And the wide-legged pants in pic number three was also great looking and you definitely wear them well. In other words, bravo!

Happyfeat:-) You just proved that a man can successfully wear a dress when it is accessorized properly as well as a female can. Why should the girls have all of the fun? We can have a bit of fun also and in the attempt take back some of the clothing items that they stole from us a while ago. It is time for pay-back. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Great read Happy. Thanks for sharing. How about you get one of these nice open minded ladies to come to the heelmeet with you? Ruth could use a little company from the female side.

real men wear heels

Here are four of my latest outings. I do have one more from last night, but have yet to take the pictures, so I will save it for my next round of postings.

Friday - I had some errands on Friday - grocery shopping, dry cleaning, post office, etc. so I slipped on a white Tommy Hilfiger crew neck tee shirt, Calvin Klein straight leg jeans, and brown Nine West "Geranium" loafers with a 3 inch heel. The jeans covered my shoes pretty well, though on close inspection it would be fairly obvious that they had a heel. I went about my business with deliberately and think I got a look or two, but since the shoes I wore were pretty unremarkable I really wasn't expecting a lot of attention. It was just nice to go about my business wearing what I wanted.

Saturday - It was a nice Saturday morning, so I got up and headed out for a bit. I wore a neon green tee shirt, which I left untucked, a pair of Rampage "Klassy" round toe, brown pumps, and khaki Lane Bryant trousers. First I went to a bookstore where I browsed the digital photography books. I did get a couple of glances from a couple of other customers, and a big smile from an attractive yong women leaving the store with her coffee. When I was checking out, the clerk at the register was abnormally talkative and flirtatious, which may or may no have had anything to do with my shoes. My next stop was downtown where I bought baseball tickets at the stadium and then to Panera for lunch. The store was pretty busy, I got a couple more double takes, but on this day, I didn't get too many looks my way. Everybody seemed to be focused on what they were doing.

Monday - Monday was my best outing of the week so far. First, I have to say that sandals may be my favorite shoe type at the moment - I just feel my best when wearing sandals. Also, a lot of the new styles are not terribly dainty or feminine and can work with most outfits I put together. For now, they are my "fun" shoes. I wore a white pullover shirt, flare jeans with a tall inseam, and black Nine West "Soloact" sandals with a corked sole and a tall heel. I felt great in this outfit.

My first stop was the shopping center where the woman I was talking to about a Web site works. However, she was not working this day, so I went to Panera for some iced tea, check my e-mail, etc. I had many people look at my shoes. In fact one of the managers walked by several times to look and I spoke to her each time she did. I wanted to say more, but she was very busy, moving quite quickly each time. While I was there at least a dozen people took long looks.

Next, I went to the mall where I stopped in the Bandolino store. The manager that I talked to a lot last fall was working. It had been months since I had seen her. She went in the back, gave me a tour of all of the 11s in the store, none of which really suited me. She liked my sandals a lot. When the store began to get busy, she asked me if I wanted to come back at 12:30 we could get lunch. Of course I agreed! We had been talking about getting together last fall for conversation, but it never worked out.

Being only 11:00 AM at this point, I still had some time to kill, so I went to Aldo. The clerk working was one who had heled me before. She is a very nice young woman studying fashion design and very open minded. She was quite proactive, bringing me several pairs of 41s to try, including a pair of gladiator sandals that were to die for. At one point when she brought out about 5 pair, she said "I hope you don't have anywhere to go. Just trying them on is so much fun!" So I tried them and modeled them. It was so much fun. Eventually I bought a very nice pair of brown shoes with a low heel and a pair of denim leggings. We chatted some more and she told me that more guys should expand their fashion horizons. She has sold heels to a couple of other guys, but none have worn them into the store. She told me to come back soon.

After that, I went to JCrew. I found a sale on women's jeans in two styles. The first style that caught my eye was called "high heel flare" which I thought might ne useful. JCrew sizes their women's jeans by waist size, but does not list an inseam. I asked a clerk about the sizing and she explained it to me and ten I asked if I could try them. Without hesitation, she said "sure!" and took me to a dressing room. I tried tham and loved them, though their inseam is only about 32 inches, which leaved the heels pretty exposed. I then tried a pair of "matchstick" jeans, that fit me more like tights than pants. These may be the skinniest cut of skinny jeans I had ever tried. I decided to get them as well. I have some ideas on how to use them. I ended up getting both pair in white because they were about half of the price of them in blue. When I went to check out, I complemented another clerk on her sandals and we talked shoes for a bit. It was a very nice experience and I got two beautiful jeans for less than $50.

I headed back to Bandolino and went to lunch. We went to the food court at the mall, which really wasn't terribly busy. I showed her my purchases and she approved. We talked about her weekend camping with her family (and boyfriend) and talked about her job. (She had about a half dozen regular male customers.) We did get a few glances, etc. but it was very nice to have this kind of interaction with somebody while heeling. We walked back to the store, I bid farewell and went home.

Tuesday Afternoon - I really wanted to get something to wear with my denim leggings, but was kind of at a loss of what that might be. So I took a couple of hours and went to the Dress Barn. I wore a pink polo oxford, my new Aldo shoes, and a pair of brown Lane Bryant pinstriped trousers. When I got to the store, the young clerk noticed my shoes, and asked if I needed help. I told her that I was going to browse a bit. I spent over an hour looking for the "perfect" thing, tried on a few things, and wound up with a pair of khaki short shorts. In the end however I will return them because I am still not thrilled with the look. Afterward I went to Starbucks for a frapachino and did get some attention from customers when I sat down to read my book. I liked my look and wasn't ready to call it a day after all.

Attached are my outfits from my outings. Nothing too over the top today...

post-5655-13352288733_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887335_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887338_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887343_thumb.jpg

Yo, HF! As always, impressive! Even when you go the casual route, as demonstrated in your latest batch of photos, you still manage to look stylish. Bravo! One doesn't have to go "over the top" all the time. After all, variety is the spice of life, and wearing nice outfits on expeditions here and there is it's own reward. I must say you did quite well in your latest adventures.

Greatings HappyFeat :-)

I agree with JeffB: Your last outings are more "casual" but they do look very good.

I like your loafers in picture 1 (must be comfortable) and the sandals on picture 3.

May I ask you if your feet (toes) hurts after wearing these sandals all day long ?

I've been getting out a lot! In fact, it is becoming difficult to keep up with the pictures and posts. But I am not complaining, just observing. The other thing I have noticed that freestyling is quite addictive and it takes a lot of time shopping and thinking of possible outfit combination, etc. Maybe there is a 12 step program - which wouldn't be so bad if I could go to the meeting in heels!

Tuesday Evening - A very sage member here suggested that I wear my Aldo "Olliver" pumps with a skirt so they wouldn't be hidden under pants, so I did. I wore my brown silk Polo sweater, and Ann Taylor brown wool skirt with gold shimmer nylons. Not a great late spring/early summer outfit, but this is the only brown skirt that I own. I went to Karaoke night, which was pretty uneventful, though the crowd wasn't too bad. I did get some complements on my shoes and skirt. I tlaked to a few people, mainly small talk, but that was about it.

Wednesday - My Wednesday outing was also pretty uneventful, but I did get to try a new outfit combination. I wore a silver/gray short sleeve pullover, black cotton wide leg trousers and black Aldo "Jennie" slides with a nice 3 inch stiletto heel. My main activity was to return the shorts that I bought at Dress Barn yesterday. They were quite nice, but not quite right for the outfit I wanted to build for my denim leggings that I bought at Aldo the previous Monday. The clerk who greeted me did glance at my shoes, but made no comment other than a friendly smile as she waited on me. A couple of customers did look and a guy driving by when I left the store took a long look as he slowed to take it in. After Dress Barn, I went into Payless next door just for kicks. I talked to a woman trying on thing mules, but she really wasn't terribly friendly. I did consider buying the Merlot pumps that JeffB has worn on some of his outings however. They are great shoes, Jeff!

Afterward I went to Starbucks for a to go drink. The store was pretty busy, mainly guys working on computers. As I was leaving one guy just stared at my shoes as I walked from the back of the store to the door. The puzzled look on his face was priceless. The best part of my outing, brief though it may have been was that I really liked wearing the mules. I was pleasantly pleased at how comfortable they were and that they really didn't make too much noise as I walked.

Thursday Morning - This was my best outing of the week. I wore a burgundy knit short sleeve sweater, light blue Lane Bryant denim trousers, and brown/orange Nine West "Fredita" sandals. My first stop was Burlington Coat Factory, to continue my quest for something to wear with my leggings. I was looking for a short dress, maybe mid thigh, with sleeves, in a light color. I tried on about 20 things, some that fit very nicely, including dresses, skirts, shorts, but nothing was just grabbing me. I left the store, which was not busy without minimal contact with anybody who worked there or other customers.

After an uneventful stop at Moe's Southwest grill where the only people who looked at my shoes were young girls, all of which were in total shock. I stopped by one of the consignment store I visited in a few of my outings. My primary reason was to see if anything I had taken in to consign had been sold or to see what prices she put on things. However, she had been ill and was not able to get any of my stuff out. I browsed a bit and found a black knit Jones New York dress, similar to one of the Lane Bryant dresses that I wore out recently. The difference is this one has some piping around the neck and selves and is a tank dress. I also found a short denim skirt, either of which I thought would be good candidates for my leggings. After trying both items on, I fell in love with both and took them up front to buy them. The owner and her assistant asked how the dress fit. I wold them that it fit fantastic. After answering several questions about the fit, I told them I would model it for them if they liked. So I did.

When I came out in the dress, hairy legs and arms included, they were amazed at how well it fit. I had told them that I planned on wearing wither leggings or my white matchstick jeans with it and they told me that I should not hide my "great legs" and that I should be a model. I love idle flattery! However, they started picking out jewlery for me to try. I wound up getting a chunky bronze necklace that can be worn ad a belt as well and a beaded black and bronze bracelet. I felt like a million bucks. It was way too much fun.

On a side note, they told me that they have four or five male customers who buy feminine items. She plans on having a "men's night" for like minded guys and I told her that I would love to attend as well as doing what I could to help her plan it. So of there are any guys in the Pittsburgh area (DawnHH?) who may be interested, please PM me.

Thursday Night - This was my first attempt at wearing my Aldo denim leggings. I matched it with my denim mini I bought earlier in the day, a white cotton pullover, and red Bandolino "Anthem" Mary Janes. The complements on my outfit flowed all night. I was complemented on my leggings, my skirt, my shoes and even my ring and shell bracelet. I talked to several women and even exchanged e-mails with a very attractive blonde who plays for the other team, so to speak. Of all of the shoes I own and have worn out, these get the most love of any. It was a really fun evening.

post-5655-133522887512_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887516_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352288752_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887525_thumb.jpg