The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

HF, Welcome back! We thought you went behind the moon and abandoned all your friends here. Glad to see you posting again, and in some great shoes! My opinion is that you look much better in pants than in a skirt. I find the juxtaposition of your manly beard too jarring with the more femme skirts. The pants and bold and make a much better match. Just my opinion of course. Glad to see you again! Become a regular here again and help a bunch of newbies (who have joined since you last posted) to gain their confidence. You always come up with great outfits! I personally like #1 and #4. Steve

HF -

I echo the comments of the other folks about being glad you posting again.

All the outfits work well but #2 really needs a pair of thigh boots. (You would have been disappointed if I hadn't said that).

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

HF -

All the outfits work well but #2 really needs a pair of thigh boots. (You would have been disappointed if I hadn't said that).

TBG

TBG has a point there! Have you ever tried thigh boots before, HappyFeat? I think you'd enjoy them like TBG and I do!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Wow, Happy, I really thought you had given up heels, you've been gone so long! It's great to have you back again! I really missed your pictures and adventures. As Scappy indicated, you have been a great inspiration to me. It truly was your pictures and stories that got me to the point where, while not even close to being in your league, I do wear my 3" block heel loafers out and about. Just last night I went to Sam's Club and Kohls in them. If not for you, I doubt I would have ever worn them in public. Someday, I just may get the nerve to wear an actual pair of thin heels out and about. Great to have you posting again!

Hey there, HF! Glad to see you're back in action! I found your outfits to have been both stylish and tasteful, however, I did find out #2 to have been rather bold, I admire you for your courage in wearing what you did. Plaid shorts! Wow! I'm impressed! But I did like the skirt from outfit #3, quite nice indeed! Bravo to you on your latest adventures!

Jeff, I thought the shorts would get your attention. It may be the most daring outfit I ever tried and likely would never have done it without the encouragement from the clerk at the Limited. However, I am glad I did the outfit - I felt very comfortable and it was very fun to wear. Sometimes I think it is just good to try something out of the ordinary just for fun.

Hi Happyfeat. Personally I only like the the #4 outfit. That's a winner in my book. I make no comment on the other shots, just not my style.

I agree with some others that outfit 4 is the best one, and you also look more relaxed in that shot... maybe its the forced smile in the other shots that throws me off :silly:

I would also agree that the fourth outfit was my best. It is much closer to my traditional style. But as I stated above, it is fun to experiment with different outfits and looks to avoid falling into a rut.

Part of my logic is that traditionally guys are forced into wearing the same sort of things all the time. I fantastic suit is great, but in the end the differences are subtle from one suit style to the other. Since I am playing with alternative fashion, clothing marketed toward women just offers so many fun options that I am more than willing to try at this point in my life. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but my style is never boring.

As for the forced smiles...that is the reason I always cut off my head...not to hide, but those drawn out expressions while waiting for the camera timer to go off never seem to work for me...I wish I knew JeffB's secret for always having a great grin in the shot...lol

HF,

Welcome back! We thought you went behind the moon and abandoned all your friends here. Glad to see you posting again, and in some great shoes! My opinion is that you look much better in pants than in a skirt. I find the juxtaposition of your manly beard too jarring with the more femme skirts. The pants and bold and make a much better match. Just my opinion of course.

Glad to see you again! Become a regular here again and help a bunch of newbies (who have joined since you last posted) to gain their confidence. You always come up with great outfits! I personally like #1 and #4.

Steve

I figured you would like the clogs Steve! They do offer a lot of possibilities, especially with the skinny jeans, etc. that are in style. As for the contrast of the skirt and the beard, I have given that a lot of thought over the years. The best conclusion I can offer is that I just decided I like to wear heels, like my look in skirts, and like sporting facial hair. I like being a man and I like to do some traditionally "femme" things. For me, it becomes all a part of the total presentation.

HF -

TBG

Yep, I thought that thigh boots would be the way to go with that outfit. I do need to look for some to add to my wardrobe.

Wow, Happy, I really thought you had given up heels, you've been gone so long! It's great to have you back again! I really missed your pictures and adventures. As Scappy indicated, you have been a great inspiration to me. It truly was your pictures and stories that got me to the point where, while not even close to being in your league, I do wear my 3" block heel loafers out and about. Just last night I went to Sam's Club and Kohls in them. If not for you, I doubt I would have ever worn them in public. Someday, I just may get the nerve to wear an actual pair of thin heels out and about. Great to have you posting again!

Ron, thanks for the wonderful comments. It makes me proud that there are people expressing themselves because of my experiences. I know that there are others who inspired me and without HHPlace, I would never have made it to the point where I am today. Glad to hear that you got out and block heel, stiletto heel...its no matter, just do what you are comfortable with and bask in the freedom to do so!

Style is built from the ground up!

Jeff, I thought the shorts would get your attention. It may be the most daring outfit I ever tried and likely would never have done it without the encouragement from the clerk at the Limited. However, I am glad I did the outfit - I felt very comfortable and it was very fun to wear. Sometimes I think it is just good to try something out of the ordinary just for fun.

Well, those shorts certainly were an attention grabber! HA! Good for you for expanding your horizons! That's what makes freestyling so much fun!

As for the forced smiles...that is the reason I always cut off my head...not to hide, but those drawn out expressions while waiting for the camera timer to go off never seem to work for me...I wish I knew JeffB's secret for always having a great grin in the shot...lol

As with all things, my friend: practice, practice and still more practice! The timer on my point and shoot camera is only ten seconds, so that leaves me with precious little time to pose and bring out the great grin! I think that works well for me instead of a lengthy timer period.

I figured you would like the clogs Steve! They do offer a lot of possibilities, especially with the skinny jeans, etc. that are in style. As for the contrast of the skirt and the beard, I have given that a lot of thought over the years. The best conclusion I can offer is that I just decided I like to wear heels, like my look in skirts, and like sporting facial hair. I like being a man and I like to do some traditionally "femme" things. For me, it becomes all a part of the total presentation.

Well said! You were one of my inspirations for wearing skirts in public, and I've since come to integrate them into my freestyling. Not every man can look good in a skirt, but I like to think I do, and that's why I wear them!

Yep, I thought that thigh boots would be the way to go with that outfit. I do need to look for some to add to my wardrobe.

Hot damn, another convert. :silly:

Its the end of the season so you might find a pair on sale if not there is always Pleaser's and Ellie's as well as the higher end makers that produce them year around.

Enjoy your boots!

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are five recent outings and outfits...

Outing #6 - I did a little shopping this day. The managers at one of the Ann Taylor stores calls me when they are having a sale, so if I have a chance I try to make it in. This day I wore a cream Ann Taylor cowl neck sweater (I try to wear something I bought at a store when I specifically go to that store), red skinny Banana Republic cords, and black Nine West "Blondie" boots over the trousers.

My visit to the store was a lot of fun. They usually have stuff in mind for me. I try on several outfits and the clerks usually come and check them out on me. This day my purchase was a khaki shirt dress. Though the waist was a bit high, the manager told me that it was falling on everybody that way and helped me with some accessory suggestions to minimize the effect. During our conversation, she referred to me as a "sex kitten" at least twice. Though I am married now, I am not dead and fun flirtation is still a lot of fun - and great for the ego to boot.

Outing #7 - A Saturday date afternoon with my wife. We went to see "The Black Swan" which I highly recommend to anybody who likes strange movies. We both really enjoined it. Part of the fun in going out is that we try to coordinate our outfits. I wore a pair of dark dress trouser jeans from the Limited and an orange Limited turtleneck sweater. My shoes were black Nine West booties with about a 3 inch heel.

The coolest thing that happened was that one of the girls working in the cinema was a coworker of my wife's. We chatted for several minutes (actually they did the chatting, I just stood and listened, nodded, etc.) and I know that she saw my boots. However, it didn't phase my wife one bit. I am a lucky guy.

Outing #8 - I had some expiring coupons for New York and Company. Since I had gone to the two stores closest to my house, I decided to go to another mall on the other end of town to see of their inventory was any different. It was a little warmer, so I decided to try something a tad more springy. I wore a white New York and Company blouse, black Limited stretchy boot cut trousers, cream nylons, and black patent peep toe Jessica Simpson wedges.

I did find the store had a slightly different inventory than the stores I frequent since this mall is a bit higher end. I rounded up some items that I wanted to try, but when I asked a clerk for a dressing room she told me they were for women only. This was the first time in years I had been denied a fitting room. Instead of forcing the issue, I just laid down my items and walked out of the store.

Undeterred, I went to White House Black Market, tried on a few things (with excellent service I must say), and decided to swing by Nine West. They were getting in their Spring stuff and I fell in love with a pair of pewter gladiators. The clerks, all very helpful, made additional recommendations, and fun conversation, though the store was full of more "traditional" customers. I wond up buying the sandals and even wore them out of the store.

Next, I stopped in Ann Taylor where one of the younger clerks say my Nine West bag and said that she saw them bringing in crates of new shoes and had to stay out of there because she would spend her whole paycheck. I hiked up my pant leg and showed her my new sandals (and told her they were 30% off). She had the other clerks come and look and they were all fawning over my shoes. Though I didn't buy anything, I did have fun chatting it up with the clerks there.

After leaving the mall, I headed in another direction. I found yet another NY & Co. store, they let me try things on without hesitation and wound up getting my business that day. Justice was served. But I didn't let a little foolishness ruin a great day healing.

Outfit #9 - I left out one additional stop in the previous outing...I stopped in Charlotte Russe where I found a pair of fuax gray suede thigh boots for $15. So the very next day, I took them out for a spin. This one's for you TBG! I decided to go big...black/white/gray Limited crew neck sweater, black Lane Bryant belt with a big silver buckle, gray Banana Republic skirt, gray tights, and of course the boots. I even did a little eye makeup to top off the look.

My outing was short, but really fun. My local Border's bookstore is going out of business, so I decided to see what they had. I mainly browsed the computer books, but also the DVDs, CDs, and magazines. I was in the store for over two hours and got a lot of glances, double-takes, giggles, looks of shock, etc. When I went to check out, the person behind me in line was a 40 something African American woman who went on and on about how she loved my boots, where did I find them, etc. For ten minutes or so we exchanged shopping storied and places where to find wonderful bargains. It was just a truly great outing.

Outing #10 - Another outing that I planned on being short, didn't wind op being so. The weather had turned cold yet again, so I pulled out a Banana Republic military inspired jacket complete with brass buttons, a high color, and epaulettes. I matched them with a pair of gray BR legging/slacks, with a side zipper and a pair of Navy blue Bandolino pumps with about a 3 inch heel. Though it was cold, I wore no stocking of any sort. I needed to free my feet for one day.

My first stop was an impromptu stop at Macy's. They were having a giant shoe sale (30% off if you bought 3 pair). I do love shopping for heels while on an outing, but usually Macy's isn't my favorite place for shoe shopping. This day was fun however; not because I found and great deals or styles, but I did have fun in the frenzy and interacting with other customers. I talked to several women, about what they were looking for, styles that we liked, colors, and what would go with what. One women, even went on and on about how much they liked my jacket.

After spending about 45 minutes in the shoes, I decide to stroll through the cosmetics. I thought that Clinique was offering a free gift soon, but saw no sight of it. However, Dior was giving a really wonderful makeup organizer that was perfect for putting all of my stuff in one convenient place. To get the bag, I had to purchase three items. After spending about 20 minutes with the very cute clerk 20 something clerk (who was wearing great glasses) I wound up finding my items, most of which I will put in my wife's Easter basket, and got my bag (which organizes all of my stuff very well.) While I was at the counter, two or three other clerks over and told me how great I looked.

My final stop was to go to the Limited and spend my expiring coupon. I actually got an additional coupon when I came in the store. They are opening another store (actually at the Mall I was at in my outing where I wasn't allowed to try on things) and were training a couple of new employees. I spent the better part of two hours in and out of the dressing room, made a few purchases and the manager even gave me a job application. When I was leaving, a clerk who wears the same shoe size as I do came in the store and handed me ANOTHER coupon for the following weekend. She was amazed at how "svelte" I was looking and went on about how nice my outfit was ( an she has seen me in a wide range of outfits!)

So there are five recent outings. Hopefully I have done better with my smiles. Soon I am hoping to get back to the two pose pictures with a closeup of my shoes, but I don't have those this time.

post-5655-133522938617_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522938622_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522938625_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522938627_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522938629_thumb.jpg

Good to see you around! I think I like the last outfit best. In agreement with the clerks, you look slim. Part of me wished the line from the side zipper continued all the way down to the hem of your pants, as the additional vertical detail would not only elongate your legs beyond just what the skinny fit pants do, but also match cohesively with your military inspired top.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

HappyFeat-

Very nicely done indeed!

It sounds like you got the whole range of reactions from the folks around you that you should expect while wearing thigh boots.

By the way, I'm rather envious of guys that find thigh boots on sale that they can wear. I'm sure it wont be your only pair.

Thanks for sharing.

TBG

HappyFeat,

Congratulations on your outings and especially your outfits and high heels. I enjoy reading your posts of your outings and experiences and like JeffB and Thighbootguy, you inspire me to continue my outings wearing high heels and thevarious places to venture in them. You are so lucky to have a wife that supports your enjoyment of high heels. I am currently seeing a woman that too supports my enjoyment of wearing high heels and wearing them in public. We too have gone several places together when I was wearing high heels. As others have said, it is great to hear from you agin and please keep the posts and pictures coming.

HF: Bravo on your latest round of outings! Everything looked great, especially picture #9 with those mondo cool thigh boots! Wow! They looked really sharp on you, especially when paired with that stylish top and skirt. That was easily my fave for the batch. So, how did it feel to wear thigh boots? I'm sure it must've been a fun experience for you! Welcome to the club! HA! Meanwhile, i continue to be greatly impressed with your fine sense of style which shows in every pic you display. Keep up the great work, my friend!

Wow, Happyfeat, those are some awesome outfits!! At first glance some appear a little over the top, but after a proper look you see that they're well put together. And though some may be attention grabbers, they're very stylish outfits.

Good to see you around! I think I like the last outfit best. In agreement with the clerks, you look slim. Part of me wished the line from the side zipper continued all the way down to the hem of your pants, as the additional vertical detail would not only elongate your legs beyond just what the skinny fit pants do, but also match cohesively with your military inspired top.

And I am glad to be around again...though for the moment, I likely won't be checking in as much as I like, it is nice to "come home" on occasion.

I see what you are saying about the zipper with the hem. I actually have a pair of leggings that have a black piping sewn on the each leg, so I will give those a spin to see how the effect works for me.

That outfit was a really fun look for me. As my fashion sense continue to evolve, it was really fun to put that one together. The jacket is a little short for me, but I had to have it and had it with the pants I wore in mind when I bought it.

HappyFeat-

Very nicely done indeed!

It sounds like you got the whole range of reactions from the folks around you that you should expect while wearing thigh boots.

By the way, I'm rather envious of guys that find thigh boots on sale that they can wear. I'm sure it wont be your only pair.

Thanks! Your support means a lot. However I think it was you who said that I might find a pair on sale at the end of the season...lol.

... I am currently seeing a woman that too supports my enjoyment of wearing high heels and wearing them in public. We too have gone several places together when I was wearing high heels...

I am very happy for you! I remember reading a post from you a while back about a woman you were hitting it off with who more or less freaked and told you never to call her again when you mentioned that you liked to wear heels. Loving to wear heels is such a benign thing in my opinion and it really is fantastic to have somebody to share it with.

HF: Bravo on your latest round of outings! Everything looked great, especially picture #9 with those mondo cool thigh boots! Wow! They looked really sharp on you, especially when paired with that stylish top and skirt. That was easily my fave for the batch. So, how did it feel to wear thigh boots? I'm sure it must've been a fun experience for you! Welcome to the club! HA! Meanwhile, i continue to be greatly impressed with your fine sense of style which shows in every pic you display. Keep up the great work, my friend!

Well Jeff...it felt great to wear the thigh boots. They really do accent long legs so well. It was truly a fun experience and next fall I plan to take them out with many different looks.

As I am sure you would agree, if I was going to do the thigh boots, I HAD to do them wearing a skirt. I had no desire to hide even the smallest amount of the boots. However, I don't think my outing that day merited the thigh boots...man or woman, I was way over dressed for an outing to Borders..lol

Wow, Happyfeat, those are some awesome outfits!! At first glance some appear a little over the top, but after a proper look you see that they're well put together. And though some may be attention grabbers, they're very stylish outfits.

CPB, your post really kind of sums up my recent philosophy...a little over the top, but well put together. I feel great when I am wearing heels, so I want to look as good as I possibly can. For years, heels were my sole passion...then gradually I got into jeans, dress trousers, nail polish, skirts, dresses, leggings, tops, makeup and on and on and on and on. One thing I have learned at least for me, is that the whole package always comes back to the shoes...its all done to celebrate the heels. I love being a man who just goes for it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it is always fun!

Well Jeff...it felt great to wear the thigh boots. They really do accent long legs so well. It was truly a fun experience and next fall I plan to take them out with many different looks.

Glad to read that you've become a convert! HA! As for different looks, give a pair of tight jeans a try. Thighbootguy once wore shorts with thigh boots and that combo looked good.

As I am sure you would agree, if I was going to do the thigh boots, I HAD to do them wearing a skirt. I had no desire to hide even the smallest amount of the boots.

Well, who would? That would be downright criminal! Double HA!

However, I don't think my outing that day merited the thigh boots...man or woman, I was way over dressed for an outing to Borders..lol

Oh, hell, don't sweat the small stuff, my friend! I overdress for Borders almost all the time! Ditto for Subway, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble and the occasional mall! Triple HA!

HappyFeat –

Yeah, I did suggest that end of season shopping for thigh boots might turn up a bargain but several folks on this board have found them in sizes they could wear but alas, my big feet have foiled my attempts. I’m still envious (but delighted) of your good fortune.

However, I disagree with your comment, “As I am sure you would agree, if I was going to do the thigh boots, I HAD to do them wearing a skirt.” The boots work extremely well with jeans and, as JeffB mentioned, with shorts in the summer time. You are right on the mark when you said, “I had no desire to hide even the smallest amount of the boots.”

Enjoy your boots (year-round).

TBG

• 1 month later...

HappyFeat, Your heeling adventures have been stellar! I don't think I have ever read a more interesting story of one's journey to fashion freedom. It wreaks of "Lifetime Original Movie". Sell your story! Kinda the way Julie Powell's "Julie & Julia" did. That movie if you hadn't seen it was based on Julie Powell's blog. Okay, with that aside. I must say that it was very entertaining, not just your interaction with people (which is necessary for confident street heeling), but your fashion evolution. How it went from rough around the edges, but through subtle refinement became a distinct personal style. It took me two days to read this entire thread and boy was it worth it. Congratulations on having carved out your niche of acceptance. Enjoy everything life has to offer. Shafted

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 8 months later...

It has been a long time since I posted. Life is treating me very well, but keeping me busy. I have been out in heels at least three days a week during the time I was gone. My "adventures" are more or less become my normal. In many ways since I started this thread, my heeling has evolved to something that is part of my every day life. A lot of it has to do with accepting myself and this thread specifically and HHPlace in general has had a lot to do with that. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be posting some pictures I did not get around to posting since last summer and I have a few more recent ones as well. For some of the outings I don't remember when or where I wore them or specific reactions, but I will do my best. Outing #11 - Loft Jacket, purple The Limited Sweater, Banana Republic straight jeans, gray BCBGirls ankle boots. I don't specifically remember where I wore this, but it must have been in the Spring of 2011. Outing #12 - Black Blazer, sateen The Limited blouse, black straight jeans, black Nine West oxfords. I wore this to lunch with my wife at a little Mexican place. Outing #13 - Brown Perry Ellis sweater, pink (yes pink) Banana Republic corduroys, brown Enzo boots. I went with my wife to a big moving sale at Pier 1 Imports. Outing #14 - Black Clayborne sweater, white Banana Republic corduroys, black Steve Madden boots. Shopping with my wife. Outing #15 - Black NY & Co. jacket, gray NY & Co. blouse, black The Limited skinny jeans, Banana Republic trouser socks, black patent Steve Madden May Janes. Again Not sure where I wore this outfit... Again, I ma happy to post again and there are more where these came from....

post-5655-133522973453_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522973457_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522973459_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522973462_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522973464_thumb.jpg

Welcome back HappyFeat :-)

Outfits 1-2-4-5 are looking great. (I really like 2 & 5) Well done !

But I'm not sure about the # 3 outfit...

Maybe the colors don't match or maybe the pink pants are too "girly" for your masculine look ?

( Please note that this is only my own opinion )

Nice gray boots !

Welcome back, HF! Glad to see you are still among the living (and heeling). Great outfits, as usual. While complacency might set in after a period of wearing heels and finding out that nobody else cares, you have to remember that guys like you who are on the forefront of getting out there and strutting your stuff are an inspiration to a lot of wanna-be heelers here who want to go public but have issues and hangups doing so. Mostly the demons are in our heads, but you have to show by example, with details, photos, and real world experiences. You've always done that well and inspired lots of others here (including me). Your job here is to continue to lead us out of darkness and into the light. Stick around and give us your best ideas and fashion wisdom. Please, no more long absence! Steve