The Happy Feats of HappyFeat

HappyFeat

Greatings HappyFeat :-)

Nice outings again. Your thursday with lots of complements.

You did not specify where you went that night but I deduct it was a karaoke night.

I never noticed Aldo were selling (denim) leggings. Maybe I will take a look next time I visit them... ;)

HF: A plaid skirt? Oh, no you didn't! Wow! I don't think even I would have the cojones to wear something like that! HA! In any event, that outfit looked great! Bravo to you, my friend! And the leggings with the skirt in pic four was quite interesting indeed. Once again, you've impressed me greatly with your sense of style!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Happyfeat:-) Your outfits and sense of style are quite outstanding, my friend. Congrats to you. As always your pics add just the right touch to your outfits and fantastic shoes. Keep up the good work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Here is my latest collection of outings!

Friday Night - I went to a club to meet a couple of friends. One was a woman who was going through a breakup and it was a night out to console her. I wore a white jacket, knit Jones New York tank dress, black tights and black Nine West "Lucaro" pumps. I had to wear the jacket because I have some upper body hair to cover, though I am not really sure why that matters to me because I am a man after all. This night I did accessorize with the beaded bracelet and chain I wore as a belt that I bought at the same time I bought the dress. The night was fun, but slow. I mainly stayed with my friends and talked to other people I knew while we were out. I did get some complements from people a I knew and a few strange looks from others who were around.

Saturday Night - On Saturday, I went to a bar where I knew the bartender. This bar is usually a bit slow on Saturday nights, so I got permission to share a bottle of wine with the bartender. I wore my Lane Bryant knit dress, my white JCrew matchstick jeans, the chain from the night before only this time I doubled it up for a necklace, a bracelet and rings. I capped the outfit off with my raspberry Nine West "Hendle" pumps and I wore a pink scarf on my hips. It was a true statement night for me. I did share the wine with the bartender, chatted with a couple of other people I knew who were going through breakups ('tis the season I suppose), and danced with a very cute blonde woman, however she was there with her husband.

This is where the evening got weird. She couldn't keep her hands off me under the table or on the dance floor. The husband kept asking me questions about my heels, my outfit (when I told him that my top was a dress and not just a 'long shirt') I thought his jaw would hit the floor. So the wife kept flirting under the table, the husband kept asking about my attire, etc. He bought me a couple of drinks, and I eventually slipped out the door "to get a smoke" and went home. It was quite surreal. My first outing in pink(ish) shoes will be one that lives in infamy, I think.

Tuesday Evening - Well this could be my last Karaoke night, finding out that the bar is closing at the end of the month. Now comes the search to find another place to go. I will miss the place, its a dive with a fantastic regular crowd and quite accepting of anybody and everybody. I went a bit out on a limb again of Tuesday, wearing a black shirt, white JCrew flare jeans, purple Nine West "Hotpepper" pumps and a purple polka dotted scard as a belt (I think I am officially hooked on scarves).

My evening started by walking into the bar and being greeted by a woman who just could get over how "cute" I am or how "hot" I looked. We danced a whole lot and had a lot of fun. I won't say what a great kisser she is, but lets say that I had a memorable evening. I also talked to another group of friends, on of them who kept telling me "how New York I look." I don't know what that means, since I have not seen too many men in heels in NYC, but maybe Kneehighs can fill me in. It was a great night and a very memorable way for me to close down a favorite haunt.

Thursday Night - I decided to go back to the bar on Wednesday for "one more round" so to speak. I saw a couple of people, got a phone number from a cute 20 something blonde and just said goodbye to the place and the people who worked there. I was pretty casual wearing white linen pants, a black and white striped Clayborne tee and my clay Nine West "Dipurhips" slides.

Friday Afternoon - Actually I am on this outing as I write this! I am wearing a black/tan Checkers silk cabana shirt, boot cut jeans, and black Nine West "Tomcat" sandals. I went to AAA this morning for a consultation, set in the office for an hour and talked with the associate about my business. She never uttered a word about my shoes, though everybody who passed me in the office took looks. I then went to the bank where I did get an "I love your sandals" from a woman in line and we talked about sandals that we liked. It never even seemed that she even had any curiosity about a guy wearing them. I went to my consignment store and bout a couple of guys shirts and got a very strange look from the owner. It seems that me buying MEN'S stuff is actually strange. Right now I am at Panera drinking my iced tea, getting a little attention. I did complement a woman wearing FANTASTIC sandals at the drink machine, who lit up, thanked me and told me she got them at Baker's. I said bakers always has great shoes. That was about it....

My pictures are attached....

post-5655-133522887807_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887811_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887816_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887821_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522887825_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Outfits #1 and #2 look very nice. Again, I must say you got a lot of nerve.

The white pants, red shoes, black dress and scarf are a perfect match.

But I am "puzzled" a little bit. I hope you will explain.

On friday's you wrote "Actually I am on this outing as I write this!"

(I guess time is passing by much faster when you are having a lot of fun ;))

It is now Thursday afternoon as I type this message to you.

Unless you wrote this last week, saved your text and posted it only today...(I hope !)

Or maybe you have a time machine. If so, I want one !!!

Anyway, can't wait to read your next post !

Yo, HappyFeat! Wow! You've done it again! Great outfits! But, the first pic is far and away my fave! You looked so incredibly chic and stylish, the combination of the jacket, dress and pumps was perfect! Bravo to you, my friend!

HappyFeat –

I think your last set of outfits are starting to look “natural” and I mean that as the highest complement. I understand how hard it is to put together an outfit that society would expect a female to wear and present it as your own male outfit and to my eye, this last series really does that.

Great look ;) and thank you very much for sharing with us.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Happyfeat:-) Great outfits all. My favorite was Pic number 1. Great combination and great colors. It really looks good on you. Congrats! And I'm sure that you felt great wearing it at the time. I too would like a time machine like yours. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Again, in the last two outings, it's Door #1! But especially those Aldo Ollivers - great look!!

But as to your own comment about the hair, truly that is part of the "look," isn't it?

It's all about the heel!

On friday's you wrote "Actually I am on this outing as I write this!"

(I guess time is passing by much faster when you are having a lot of fun ;))

It is now Thursday afternoon as I type this message to you.

Unless you wrote this last week, saved your text and posted it only today...(I hope !)

Or maybe you have a time machine. If so, I want one !!!

Anyway, can't wait to read your next post !

I too would like a time machine like yours.

Actually, my time machine has a lot less to do with physics and more to do with my general inability to remember what day it is most of the time. Please don't ask me the date, because that's just hopeless. Anyway, the outing on Thursday should be Wednesday and Friday should be Thursday.

As for the time machine, I do recommend it to everybody. It happens to me because I get my summers off (mostly), so I am freed from any ties to the calendar.

As for the time machine, I do recommend it to everybody. It happens to me because I get my summers off (mostly), so I am freed from any ties to the calendar.

You are lucky to get your summers off (and without using a time machine to do so ...)

If I would have a time machine, I would use it to get my pay check every week instead of two weeks.

This way, I would be able to buy more heels ;)

Happyfeat:-) I know just what you mean. When I was teaching, I too had the Summers off unless I would have a job teaching through the Summer. Towards the end of my career, the Summers weren't long enough to completely unwind before it was time to wind up again for the next school year. It takes a very special person to being a successful teacher. Even though you can't wear heels on the job, you sure have an ample opportunity to enjoy them all Summer long. I really enjoy reading your posts and looking at your pics of your various outfits. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well sadly enough I still have not put the 2 together. I did how ever wear skirt yesterday when I went to watch the fire work's at cedar point. I never got out of the car though since there was no need to. It was kind of nice since my wife was feeling kind of frisky and was able to somewhat take advantage of the fact that I was wearing a skirt. My response to her was "It's about time that you took advantage of me wearing a skirt!" Well, I would right more but I have a life to go save have fun and keep doing your thing!

And what about you Mr. HappyFeat?

Surely you've got some new stories to share?

Believe it or not, I have not had much opportunity to get out the last few days. In fact, I have only had one outing that I have not reported, and still need to process the pictures. I may get out once this week so I will post the new stories in the next couple of days.

June was a pretty busy month however. I wore 25 different outfits, which is pretty good for a month with only 30 days. Though I plan on always getting out and about, I figure months like that will be few.

The first outfit is my fave. Casual chic.

Outfits #1 and #2 look very nice. Again, I must say you got a lot of nerve.

The white pants, red shoes, black dress and scarf are a perfect match.

loving the outfits again. I especially like the third and the last one. I am digging the purple belt in number 3.

Again, in the last two outings, it's Door #1! But especially those Aldo Ollivers - great look!!

But as to your own comment about the hair, truly that is part of the "look," isn't it?

Thanks for all the complements on my outfits from my last set of postings. I was particularly proud of what I threw together for this set and the previous set as well. Frankly, the outfits I have been playing with are a bit much even for me, but they are fun and as strange as it might sound, experiencing skirts, dresses, accessories, etc. make me more confident as a heeler when I just want to go out in jeans. The more I try, the more fun I have, even if more feminine items are not what I wear on a regular basis.

It really means a lot to me when four of five outfits I wore meet appeal to at least one person here. They are pretty diverse and likely a bit girly for most, but I do know that I must be doing something well.

As for BK's comment about the hair, I have yet to expose my hairy legs while wearing heels. I am very much torn on this subject. I love my legs shaved - it feels so wonderful! However I also like my legs hairy. So, I shave sometimes and let the hair grow, mainly in the summer months, because it looks nice with my guy shorts. (Believe it or not, based on the number of outings I have had this year, I still spend most of my time out of heels...;))

So, I know that there is some debate on the matter of leg hair, and I don't want to open that can of worms in this thread, so for me I decided that hairy legs and heels just don't mix so either I cover it with nylons or wear pants when I haven't shaved. This is just my thoughts and how I (currently) deal with it. But who knows...I never thought that I would actually wear a dress in public either.

I think your last set of outfits are starting to look “natural” and I mean that as the highest complement. I understand how hard it is to put together an outfit that society would expect a female to wear and present it as your own male outfit and to my eye, this last series really does that.

Great look ;) and thank you very much for sharing with us.

Thank you for the complement and I know exactly what you mean because that's what I have been going for...looking natural in traditional female clothing and making it my (male) outfit. Also, you have noticed that for me it has been an evolutionary process, which is why I have been willing to try things that may not be ideal for my build. Its one thing to stand in front of a mirror or even take pictures for review, but its another thing to put on an outfit, wear it for a couple of hours as you go about your business. Even when unsure of something, an outing really lets me experience it in a way that lets me know if something is salvageable as a wardrobe item or not.

To expand on the point I made above about how toying with more feminine items of clothing has made me a better heeler, after wearing a short skirt in public, simply wearing heels with jeans, for example is no big deal. Prior to my some of my more outrageous outfit choices, I would get apprehensive about going certain places in heels. Now, I will go just about anywhere in heels and do just about anything. It is almost as if heels have become like sneakers to me, a normal part of my wardrobe.

There has been a lot of talk about being "confident" in this thread and many others related to wearing heels in public. However, from my experiences I think your thought of it being "natural" is far more accurate. Before I really started exploring wearing heels (an other items) I felt more "on display" so to speak. Like everybody who looked at me was passing some sort of judgment on a guy wearing heels. Ironically, I behaved that way. I would linger more before going into places, I would change my direction to avoid large groups of people, I would be tentative when looking at shoes in a store etc. However, today since all of this feels natural to me I just go about life the way I would under any circumstances and never give it a second thought. Even during my outings, I make an effort to observe people observing me, simply so I can report anything interesting back.

Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but I think this is where a guys who are into freestyling need to be. (Anybody who has found your "groove" please post your thought...maybe even for a new thread.) I can wear anything I like in any circumstance and it seems that the people I engage with (not just people on the street) seem to accept me for who I am, regardless of what I am wearing. I feel completely at home in anything I wear, which to me lends itself to it all being "natural". Some of the best examples of this are in the moments where I have interacted with people for extended periods of time and they don't notice for several moments that I am wearing heels (even red peep toes) or even a skirt for that matter (this has happened on a few occasions.) I often think about the past when I was more concerned with people's reactions is that if you are genuine personally, you will be accepted and have few worries, no matter what you wear.

My style is still a work in progress, but I think I am getting closer to where I want to be.

....snip....

Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but I think this is where a guys who are into freestyling need to be. (Anybody who has found your "groove" please post your thought...maybe even for a new thread.) I can wear anything I like in any circumstance and it seems that the people I engage with (not just people on the street) seem to accept me for who I am, regardless of what I am wearing. I feel completely at home in anything I wear, which to me lends itself to it all being "natural". Some of the best examples of this are in the moments where I have interacted with people for extended periods of time and they don't notice for several moments that I am wearing heels (even red peep toes) or even a skirt for that matter (this has happened on a few occasions.) I often think about the past when I was more concerned with people's reactions is that if you are genuine personally, you will be accepted and have few worries, no matter what you wear.

My style is still a work in progress, but I think I am getting closer to where I want to be.

That's an awesome feeling isn't it?

Great words there of yours.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Though my two more recent outings were not terribly eventful, they do mark a bit of a milestone for me - I have now gone out in heels 100 times in 2009! Most of these outings occurred in May and June, though it looks like my number of outings are about to return to January and February levels where I was lucky to get out more than once a week. I do consider myself fortunate that I was able to get out as much as I did.

Saturday - Saturday was Independence Day so I decided to wear the "red, white and blue." In fact, I decided to go out at the last minute after a day of eating too much and taking pictures of fireworks. My outfit was a blue velvet blazer, red dress shirt, white Lane Bryant Lane Bryant trousers, and red Bandolino "Rianna" peep toe, platform pumps. These shoes are nearly worn out with a couple of black scuffs and cuts in the heel, but they are so comfortable and I love them so much.

I went to a dance club that I have been to a few times and though it was slow, I knew most of the people there. Of course, most of the people I knew had seen me in heels and its just normal, but I met a very attractive woman named Michelle, who approached me, and spent most of the evening with me. She was in love with my outfit, though she looked quite nice herself - wearing skinny jeans, a long scarf tied at her wait like a sheer skirt, and a low cut top. Her shoes were cute, 3 inch peep toes with a very nice stiletto heel. We talked about fashion, shared a couple of drinks and danced for about an hour. I offered her a "style show" and she said she would love to, but she was there with friends...blah, blah, blah....but I did get her phone number, though she lives a couple of hours away. The good-bye kiss was well worth coming out however....

Thursday - Just a casual afternoon out, coffee shop, a little antique, consignment, and thrift store browsing in a nearby small town. It was a new place for me and I did get some looks, but nothing more than a double take or two. I wore a yellow Polo silk/linen blend cabana shirt, white low rise boot cut men's Levi's and blue patent open toe Villager pumps from the Shoe Carnival. It was just nice to get out and enjoy a sunny afternoon as life has been a bit on the crazy side as of late. On days like this heeling bacomes healing....

One thing that I have noticed is that I am really into white pants right now as well as open toe shoes. It wasn't too long ago that I wouldn't even think of going out in peep toes in broad daylight, but now they are my preference. Funny how things work out. Well after 100 outings in a little over six months, freestyling is becoming more the rule than exception in my dress.

post-5655-133522888668_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522888674_thumb.jpg

One thing that I have noticed is that I am really into white pants right now

I like white pants as well. I have white tommy hillfiger skinny jeans which I love. I've worn them inpublic a few times with boots. The white contrast with the darker colored boots make me stand out. Alas I haven't had the chance/courage to wear them with some of my stiletto pumps. I love the look but it's very daring. If I'd find a tolerant nightclub to go to I have no doubt that a conversation opener with women would be a breeze haha.

I also like white skirts as well. I just purchased 2 white skirts from H&M as well as Banana Republic. One is kind of like a pencil skirt and the other is more flared.

Well, I'll take what's behind door number #1! Mondo great outfit, HF! But be careful when it comes to wearing white, it attracts dirt like a magnet and is a bitch to keep clean!

• 2 weeks later...

Last week was a good week for outings, though not a great week. I have a lot going on right now and don't get as much time to plan my outfits when the opportunity to get out comes up. Last week, I had a lot of narrow windows of time for breaks and decided to spend them heeling. However, my outfits were not as good as I would have liked, I don't think they are terrible. Though it was nice to get out.

Monday - For my outing, I wore a white Clayborne tee shirt, dark denim Lane Bryant trousers, and my Enzio Angoli "Mylist" peep toe sling backs. My outing consisted of going to Panera for breakfast and doing some work. I did get a little obvious attention, but the place wasn't very busy. After a couple of hours at Panera, I went to Macy's to look around a bit. They are having a pretty huge clearance on summer shoes, but I didn't see much in my size. I moved onto lady's accessories where the clerk on the floor along with the women working in the jewelry department kept looking at me and talking to one another - I was pretty sure they noticed. I dug through the clearance on hosery and picked out a pair of black fishnet nylons and a couple pair of trouser socks. When I was checking out the clerk told me that I should try the shoe inserts, that she has a couple pair and wears them all the time. I went and grabbed a pair of the jelly inserts in the clearance bin and told her they would be great with my black Nine West pumps. She said especially if I was on my feet a lot. It was pretty cool just being treated as a customer buying accessories.

Tuesday - Tuesday I wore a white linen jacket, gold satin tee shirt, Lane Bryant boot cut jeans, and Nine West "Soloact" sandals. My first stop was to take some items to consignment. A lot of the 16s I have been wearing are just getting too big. The scale says that I haven't lost weight, but my clothes are just fitting a little different. I went to my consignment store, dropped off my bag of items and chatted with the owner. Other customers came and went while we chatted about her son in college, real estate, home improvement, etc. I did try on a pair of jeans from a brand that I did not know. They were a little snug, so I passes, even though the original price tag was still on them - $169 and they were just $12 in the store. I may go back and try them again.

Afterward, I went I did a little strip mall shopping. I went into Marshall's where I found a great pair of Nine West shoes for $15. I tried on about 5 pair. People noticed, but there was no real reaction except from a clerk give me nasty looks while she stocked. Just deal with it I thought. The clerks at the checkout told me that she loved my selection and really wanted to get this style. I told her that I saw them in another color in a 10 and was happy for that because I would have likely bought both pair! We laughed about that and I went on my way.

Wednesday - I decided to do a little outlet shopping. Besides, I had to get out and wear my new shoes! I wore a khaki linen pinstriped jacket, white J. Crew "High Heel Flare" jeans, and my Nine West "Rocco" d'Orsays with t-strap and round toe that I bought at Marshall's. To add some color to my outfit, I wore a raspberry dress shirt. I browsed the outlets for a couple of hours. I hit Lane Bryant, Donna Karen, Dress Barn, Nine West, Gap, Calvin Klein, Ann Taylor, and Banana Republic. The highlights of my day included a 30 minute conversation with the clerk in Donna Karen, finding a great pair of jeans at Banana Republic for $8, and flirting with the new Lane Bryant clerk.

The most interesting thing that happened was walking past a couple of old guys chatting on a bench who went dead silent after I passed them. I went into the store next to them and came out while they were still there. Dead silence again. It's like they never saw a guy in heels before! The saddest part of my day was finding out the manager of the Nine West store had quit to take a new job. She sold me a lot of shoes and we always had a lot of fun trying them on - often together.

Thursday - I have missed going out on Thursdays, so I decided to try a new place. And I decided to wear a skirt, which I haven't done in quite a while. I wore a white dress shirt, black to the knee Lane Bryant skirt, HUE black fish net nylons, and my Nine West "Aleena" peep toe d'Orsays. There wasn't many people out and I did talk to a couple of people I knew, so there isn't that much to report- except I miss my old place and hope they open up again very soon. It was nice to get out in a skirt again however.

Friday - Friday I went for a hair cut and pedicure. I wore a casual white cuffed oxford, the new jeans I bought at BR (gray bootcut), and my Nine West "Dipurhips" slides. Well, I wore them in, but was barefoot most of the time - LOL. Though the women in the shop never comment about my shoes, they are accepting and we do talk about other shoes quite a bit. I got a pearly polish on my toes this time. After my appointment, I went to Starbucks for a frappachino, enjoyed it in the store while I caught up on a little reading. Again, I did get some looks and even a smile or two, but I really didn't pay much attention.

Well, there are my outings for last week. Not my best, I will admit, but it was still nice to get out.

post-5655-133522889303_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889307_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889312_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889315_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522889321_thumb.jpg

Really nice outings and outfits. I especially like the one with the white pants. I have been looking for a pair of white pants myself. But so far my search has been fruitless.