ILuvHeels

What is you sexual orientation?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. What is you sexual orientation?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bi
    • Other

Hey guys, I hope I'm not out of line with this post. But after mentioning my street heeler site to a woman friend of mine who stereotypically said "the guy must have been gay" Got me wondering where I, being straight, fit in all this. So if it's cool with all of you, I'm making a poll. :roll:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm straight and been married to the same woman for 42 years in August and have always wore heels except for the first 2 years of marriage. Even now if I see someone dressed out of the ordinary I tend to ask myself if they might be gay. I don't feel ill towards them or condiem them if they may be. I do praise them for coming out in public and being brave. Does this make any since? If not then help me out.

t-straps are my favorite style.

see, I just happen to be gay myself, but I can NEVER understand the heels/gay connection thing, it must be a cultural mis-conception that goes way back, it does NOT make any sense to me @ all.:roll:

see, I just happen to be gay myself, but I can NEVER understand the heels/gay connection thing, it must be a cultural mis-conception that goes way back, it does NOT make any sense to me @ all.:o

I think everybody knows I'm as straight as they get and happily married to a wonderful woman who shares a passion in heels.

Don't want to get to far off subject but most of the gay men and women I know either hate or have no interest in heels. Just goes to show that most people in the world do not take the time to know people of other preference's and what they're about. As far as I know, high heels have never been associated with being gay. People are much to quick to judge.:roll:

real men wear heels

Nothing wrong with being anything other than straight. I feel that there are many aspects to our existance that are beyond explanation, such as why we chose to buy a blue car instead of a green car; why we chose to have a particular dish for dinner; why we like Aerosmith better than Chicago (or vice-versa).

I went with straight, but my wife actually conjectured I might be bi. Funny thing is, since she mentioned it I gave it some thought and it's not such a far-out thought. Even she admitted she could be attracted to another woman given the chance. So, I won't rule out that possibility.

(...)

As far as I know, high heels have never been associated with being gay. People are much to quick to judge.:roll:

Yes Johnie, misjudgement is a terrible thing, you're right.

In my opinion, the confusion with heels and gays are related to travestites that are gay AND wear women attire including heels. Sometimes they are prostitutes and are in full view in the streets seeking for clients.

Drag Queens usually are artists and are gay or straight.

Maybe those are the reasons behind this misconception.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I'm straight and I think that there are MANY more straight male heel lovers out there than gay. My belief is that gay males aren't into females so why would they be into feminization. Anyway, don't know if that's true because I'm not of that sexual preference (not orientation.)

I can see how this misconception develops. In big cities like Madrid there are areas where quite a few travestite prostitutes are hanging around. Everybody in town knows that. These TV's are trying to get male customers. Hence they are gay and they dress like women. The men who like to dress like women, but who are straight don't want to be associated with that and hide. Hence the men of which most people are aware that they dress in womens clothes are TV's and therefore they associate the two. It seems to extend to partial dressing in womens attire, because most people don't have a category ready for that. Many men have some kind of innate fear to mistake a man for a woman and find out 'too late' and then be labeled as gay. This is probably the reason for agressive reactions to people whom they see subconciously as misleading them. To undo that association will require a lot of work. Probably just starting with fashionable not very feminine high heel shoes is a good way to go. As long as everybody can clearly see that you are not impersonating a woman, and hence are not trying to pick up men, the signal is at worst only moderately confusing. And we know it can be done. Things like ear jewelry for men have shown that. Because it is 'just fashion' when the chips are down, it is basically a matter of getting used to which takes anywhere from 10 to 50 times seeing it in quick succession. (I am guessing those numbers). The numbers in this poll (and another one) show that of the men who are willing to admit (mostly anonymously) that they like to wear high heels the same percentage is straight/gay/bi as of all men in general (within the currently still big statistical errors). This would indicate that indeed there is no correllation between the two, but because the sample here isn't without bias, one cannot say this for sure. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I'm hetrosexual. Love women but also love to wear heels.

u an me the same !!

Today was a day of irony.

I went to an interview in black suit, black shirt with blue/orange/dk brown thin stripes, orange tie, blk leather waistcoat and black flats.

I got more "he's gay" looks on the train (becos of my tiger hair - dk brown with tan and blonde blocks) than if i dressed more casually (towards CD ) including heels and necklace....

Not that i'm bothered, just interesting ! :roll:

I'm straight and I think that there are MANY more straight male heel lovers out there than gay. My belief is that gay males aren't into females so why would they be into feminization. Anyway, don't know if that's true because I'm not of that sexual preference (not orientation.)

I agree on this one too ! Just for fun I got a couple of gay mags to see my inner reaction (none). There were no men in heels / fem wear so I agree with your surmise....

Prefer soulmate's girly / lifestlye mags when she's done with them...

As I have stated in previous posts, one of my first times wearing high heels in public was at a gay dance club (and I'm not gay). When I entered, everyone looked at me as if to say, "...now there's a different look." I was among many gay men and I was the only one wearing high heels or at least very feminine high heels. As men approached me I explained that I wasn't gay, I loved wearing high heels, and I wanted to go dancing in high heels and I figured I would be accepted here as opposed to a straight dance club. The talk of the night was questions about my wearing high heels, and they were questions that anyone, straight or gay, might ask. So based on that experience, I think there is definitely some validity to the disassociation of gay men and the wearing of high heels. That night, even though I was dressed in a suit, there were many men there dressed in designer (men's) clothes that were fancier than mine. But again, I was the only one wearing feminine high heels.

u an me the same !!

Today was a day of irony.

I went to an interview in black suit, black shirt with blue/orange/dk brown thin stripes, orange tie, blk leather waistcoat and black flats.

I got more "he's gay" looks on the train (becos of my tiger hair - dk brown with tan and blonde blocks) than if i dressed more casually (towards CD ) including heels and necklace....

Not that i'm bothered, just interesting ! :roll:

What a sight that must have been? just seeing a man wearing a suit in that combination of colors would raise a few eyebrows :-? (What kind of interview? Hope it didn't involve "money." :o )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.