Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I agree entirely! That's why my shoe collection tends to grow so fast. I always seem to buy my pairs in, well, pairs.

Hard not to when you can get such a good deal. Payless knows it too, which is why they have the deal. They know people are going to buy more which will make up for the half-off on the second pair.

Did you know that the sale applies to everything in the store, not just shoes? I also got some new socks for work (and to wear with the Lug Boots) the same way, bought one pack at regular price and got the second half off. I didn't mind that one bit.

Hard not to when you can get such a good deal. Payless knows it too, which is why they have the deal. They know people are going to buy more which will make up for the half-off on the second pair.

Did you know that the sale applies to everything in the store, not just shoes? I also got some new socks for work (and to wear with the Lug Boots) the same way, bought one pack at regular price and got the second half off. I didn't mind that one bit.

A lot of places are doing it as well. I have been doing a lot of shopping at Nine West because they have been running a buy one get one half off. Bandolino is only offering 20% off the second pair right now, so even though there they have a couple of pairs I really want, I will not buy them until the discount is better.

Also, I will usually only buy a second pair if the two pairs are very close in price. I want to maximize that discount!

Style is built from the ground up!

Doubled my pleasure at Payless yesterday. Began with these:

Lance Flex Point Patent Pump- Merlot

http://www.payless.com/Images/300x300/065196_1_300x300.jpg

Having already bought the Lance pumps in black and wearing them on an outing (pic to come), I wanted them in merlot, a sort of dark red. I have a turtleneck in that same sort of color, so all I have to do is pair them with a pair of black dress pants and I'm ready to go! But then, I saw these beauties:

Patent Crocodile Jamie Pump

http://www.payless.com/Images/300x300/065165_1_300x300.jpg

While I've never been much of a fan of platforms, when I saw these shoes, I was awed and decided right there and then that I absolutely HAD to have them and was fortunate to have found them in 13 wide. After getting home, I quickly tried on the Jamie pumps and was instantly impressed, the shiny patent faux croc upper is just too cool for words, the 4 1/2 stacked heel is thicker than your standard stiletto and the 1/2 inch platform lends a strong sense of stability when standing in them. On top of that, the heels give off a resounding clack on hard surfaces. These pumps just scream to be worn with a skirt, and I did just that in a few pics I took of myself last night, I'll post them after I've run them through Photoshop. I just LOVE these shoes! If you can find the Jamie pumps at your local Payless, BUY THEM!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great choices JeffB! I am glad you are going for the pumps in the Merlot; I remember reading a post elsewhere where you said you didn't do many other colors. Merlot offers some variety while remaining fairly dark. Its such a great color! I love the platforms as well. Like you, I am not a huge fan, but when done right (or at least when they meet my taste) they are great! Good finds!

Jeff... I love the selections you made at Payless. I have seen this shoes at my Payless but I bought a different pair at that time. If they have my size the next time I visit, I will pick up a pair. Great find and thanks for sharing with us.

These are the shoes I bought while shopping at the NE Ohio heel meet: The first pair was inspired by the shoes Ruth Heel was wearing! When we were leaving the restaurant, I told her how much I adored her shoes and lo and behold, Aldo had these on the 30% off rack! The style is "hedlund" and they are black and white wingtip pattern with patent highlights They are a bit tight, but I will get them broken in (even if it kills me.) They have a 4 inch sculptured heel. The second I bought at DSW. These are Nine West "Kinfolk" oxfords with a half-inch platform sole and a 3 1/2 inch heel. These will be great street heeling shoes with a man's suit. I can't wait to get out in these.

post-5655-133522869849_thumb.jpg

post-5655-13352286985_thumb.jpg

Great choices JeffB! I am glad you are going for the pumps in the Merlot; I remember reading a post elsewhere where you said you didn't do many other colors. Merlot offers some variety while remaining fairly dark. Its such a great color!

I found the Lance pumps in merlot to have been very intruiging, making for an interesting change of pace color to wear as part of a dressy outfit. Once I put together such an outfit, I'll be sure to post it.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

... I have seen this shoes at my Payless but I bought a different pair at that time. If they have my size the next time I visit, I will pick up a pair...

If you have patience, don't forgot about ship to store. It might be easier to just order them (if they still show available online) then to look around for them.

I got some new shoes last night.

First is a boring pair of men's shoes for work and was my main reason for stopping. The sole of my left shoe had split so I had to get some new shoes. Heels would not only be stupid to wear where I work (I'm on my feet for over 8 hours a day and walk a decent bit) they would be completely unacceptable on a man (very conservative workplace).

Second I got a pair of these booties (hey, with the big buy one, get one half off sale I had to buy a second pair :winkiss:). I wasn't up to trying them on in the store (somewhat busy and I was a little tired) and when I got home I found that they are to small. I'll have to exchange them for the next size up when I get a chance.

Wound up returning the booties today. Stopped by a Payless to exchange them but they were out of them in size 11 and only two stores in the area had them and both are way out of my way so I just returned them instead. I'll keep my eye open for them and maybe buy them the next time I see them. I say maybe buy as I really don't need another pair of shoes right now.

Wound up returning the booties today. Stopped by a Payless to exchange them but they were out of them in size 11 and only two stores in the area had them and both are way out of my way so I just returned them instead. I'll keep my eye open for them and maybe buy them the next time I see them. I say maybe buy as I really don't need another pair of shoes right now.

Why didn't you ask the clerk at the store where you returned the shoes to call the other stores and inquire if they had the same style in your size?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Why didn't you ask the clerk at the store where you returned the shoes to call the other stores and inquire if they had the same style in your size?

He checked the computer and it showed only two stores having them and both were way out of my way.

I don't know if they can transfer between stores. If they can the employee didn't mention it. It would have taken time anyway and while the one I went to was the convenient Payless today it isn't the most convenient one normally. I happened to be out that way so I stopped into that location. He did tell me when they get their shipments in normally (and he believed most of the stores in the area are on the same schedule for shipments) so I will know when to check back.

So I recieved my Pleaser Domina 2000's ( http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/f7e7_1.jpg ) And I'm having a little difficulty walking in them. They're a size 10, tho I prolly should have a size 9, but there's room for some gel pads for the balls of my feet, so it's okay. I just really have to concentrait while walking, keeping my legs straight, trying not to hobble, etc. One upside is the better I get walking in these, I'll be sooooo much better in my other lower heels. The highest I have before these, which are 5.5", is just under 4" so it's a huge jump for me. But I'll be sure to post some pics in the freestyle fashion thread when I get a chance!

Are these the same boots talked about in this thread: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/shoe_related_pay_websites/12098-pleaser_boots_17_amazon.html

How do they fit around your calfs?

Question - although they are labeled as boots, they look more like pumps with the knee-high portion grafted on. Is this correct? If so, then you're getting almost no extra ankle support that a boot would provide (which could be helpful, especially with higher heights).

What size do you normally take? I've never purchased any Pleaser shoes, my impression has been that they run small, maybe that's not correct.

jwhite, They are a different model. The "Domina" series from Pleaser are all listed as 6" heel (though only a few models actually achieve this height as most are 5.5"), the ones in the link are maybe 5". Also, yes, more or less any heeled boot you get from lower cost models (like the 4.5" Anne Michelles I got 2 days ago) have this. It's the only real way for people to buy "boots" for under a ton of money. They don't add any more support, as you guessed, than a pump of the same height. Also, Pleaser actually runs fairly consistant size wise. Their size 10 is a UK 7.5 and EU 40.5...and fit me with plenty of room. Luscious (Pleaser like brand) run much smaller. BTW, Newfie, those are sweet boots. Enjoy the mega jump from 4" to 5.5", and take it slow. You're getting into big league territory with them! LOL

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Very nice boots, Johnie! Nice additions everyone! Managed to break away for a few minutes to get pics of some of my latest additions. 1rst is a pair of 4" Baldolino Slingbacks from Macy's. 2nd is a pair of 5.5" (1" plat) wedges from Rue 21. Just $7 from the end of Summer clearance rack! Normally $59!! These are the ones I wore for 3 hours in 6 Flags last month! 3rd, 4.5" pumps from AJ Wright. 4th, Beautiful pair of 4.5" Oxfords from Guess. Got em at TJ Maxx... 5th is a pair of knee high boots my ex just bought for my birthday 2 days ago (not my B-day yet, but I'm not complaining..LOL). 4.5" heel and actually really comfortable! Will be the boots I wera to dinner and movies with Sherry on Monday night!

post-12454-133522869903_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522869905_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522869909_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522869912_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522869915_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Just recieved my BD gift from wife:clap: A perfect fit by "Colin Sturat"

4 1/2" heel w/ 1/2" platform. Got them threw victoria secerts.

Very nice! For those interested, here's the VS link:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9F-228411&page=1&cgname=OSSHUBOOKNE&rfnbr=5288

Note there's a "See on Model" link, to see them on woman.

In your picture, I liked the jeans covering up the boot, it has a nice, clean look. However, with the VS model view, they definitely look great with pants tucked in. I guess with that much boot, you really don't want to hide them!

Like before, envious that you and others have small enough feet to be able to wear some of the great shoes sold thru VS.

2nd is a pair of 5.5" (1" plat) wedges from Rue 21. Just $7 from the end of Summer clearance rack! Normally $59!! These are the ones I wore for 3 hours in 6 Flags last month!..!

My first thought at seeing them was, "they sort of look comfortable". At $7, you almost can't not buy them. I had the same feeling when I bought a platform sandal at Payless for $6. I can't say it was ever a style I thought about buying, but now they are one of my favorite shoes.

I hope you have a lot of excursions planned to wear all your new shoes & boots to.