Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

KH: The first dress is killer! I love the neck detail. The second dress is cool too. It reminds me of your Marc Jacobs top. If I was choosing between the two, the first one would win hands down IMO. ;) I've got so many new clothes, maybe it's time I posted a few more freestyle outfits on here. It's been a while!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Over the past year, the ensemble I wear out has changed little: jeans, t-shirt or long-sleeved shirt, and jacket (if cold). About six months ago I began wearing heels out, first to the movies, then to other places. No one cares! Who knew? At home, however, I've long worn skirts, and a couple of years ago bought a couple of simple dresses, including a jeans jumper and a mid-calf, plain black, long-sleeved affair that that works great over a pair of jeans. I'll be moving, soon, and will likely expand what I wear, and where, when I do. Will keep you posted, including some pics.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to play around tonight and see if I couldn't come up with an outfit to wear with my new red Aldo shoes. For a picture of the shoes themselves see my Aldo thread. Here is what I came up with. I like the outfit. I think it looks really sharp and it pulled together nicely. I'm not sure I would wear this outfit out and about. I could see myself wearing it to a club or something though. Let me know what you think and please be honest.

post-3002-133522889362_thumb.jpg

Nice look. It works. The jacket is an unusual color. I can't recall that I've ever seen that color being worn with red. It does go well, though. People wearing "red" are usually quickly observed. While the outfit is well coordinated (IMHO) people will look. If you're prepared to withstand the attention, go for it. You can't miss. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Mr.X, I LOVE the look! I agree with Bubba that the unusual and does go well with the red shirt and white pants. In addition to wearing heels, one of my favorite aspects of freestyling is playing with color. Very exciting outfit. As far as where you might wear it, I think anywhere you choose would be fine. Of course, it may be a bit much for grocery shopping, but I wouldn't even worry about that. An outfit that great needs to be shared with the world. Fantastic!

Style is built from the ground up!

Actually, its funny that you mention that your outfit was right out of Miami Vice. I have never really thought about it, but as a child of the 80's, I think the style of those days is a major factor that led to my taste in freestyle fashion. It was a big deal to wear shoes without socks and I did for several years - sometimes even in winter, with suits, etc. I had a white cotton suit, several pair of white pants, many items in the whole range of pastels. Though I never watched Miami Vice, you couldn't avoid the fashion. Just like the platform stacked heels for guys in the 70's, the more relaxed feminine overtones of the mid 80's must of had a bigger impact on the than I thought. I remember thinking that heels were the next logical step because they would have looked great with almost any outfit I wore then. I bought my very first pair of heels in 1987, while I was in college, though it took me two years to get the courage to even go that far. I never wore those outside the house. However, you are right that Don Johnson may not have worn the heels you were wearing. Then it would have pumps, maybe white or a pastel color, and likely not sandals. Sandals didn't seem to be a big deal then. Thanks for the post, it really has me thinking.

Actually, its funny that you mention that your outfit was right out of Miami Vice. I have never really thought about it, but as a child of the 80's, I think the style of those days is a major factor that led to my taste in freestyle fashion. It was a big deal to wear shoes without socks and I did for several years - sometimes even in winter, with suits, etc. I had a white cotton suit, several pair of white pants, many items in the whole range of pastels. Though I never watched Miami Vice, you couldn't avoid the fashion. Just like the platform stacked heels for guys in the 70's, the more relaxed feminine overtones of the mid 80's must of had a bigger impact on the than I thought.

I remember thinking that heels were the next logical step because they would have looked great with almost any outfit I wore then. I bought my very first pair of heels in 1987, while I was in college, though it took me two years to get the courage to even go that far. I never wore those outside the house.

However, you are right that Don Johnson may not have worn the heels you were wearing. Then it would have pumps, maybe white or a pastel color, and likely not sandals. Sandals didn't seem to be a big deal then. Thanks for the post, it really has me thinking.

I totally agree. I love the 80's and I think that is wear a lot of my fashion freedom comes from too.

Here are some pics emailed to me by a friend....

Didn't get any info on who this is or where.

Derek J, from Shears, Tears, & Beauty - it's a tee vee show where a bunch of hair stylists compete for fame and money and stuff.

Here's his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/derekjonline

Lists at 5'3", but I have a hard time believing he's actually an inch over 4'11"

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Mr. X - the outfit goes great with the shoes. My only concern is that the jacket sleeves are too long. Maybe the jacket is too big, but we can't see the entire jacket to tell. It should be easy to have a tailor shorten the sleeves a couple inches. Regards, GWL

Mr. X - the outfit goes great with the shoes. My only concern is that the jacket sleeves are too long. Maybe the jacket is too big, but we can't see the entire jacket to tell. It should be easy to have a tailor shorten the sleeves a couple inches.

Regards,

GWL

Actually the jacket is just something I pulled out of my mom's closet on the spur of the moment. It isn't mine. I may have to get one similar now though. It really finished of the rest of the outfit which is all mine. Your right about the sleeves though. They may be a tad long.

Some styles I'm experimenting with

Pretty darn good, my friend, especially the first two pics. Very stylish! LOVE the shoes! Bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I really like all three outfits very much. They are quite diverse and look quite natural. My only suggestion is to invest in a cheap tripod, but if you are investing in a wardrobe, then one thing at a time, right?

Pretty darn good, my friend, especially the first two pics. Very stylish! LOVE the shoes! Bravo to you, my friend!

Thanks - they're the Hilt or whatever Payless' last black patent pump was.

I really like all three outfits very much. They are quite diverse and look quite natural. My only suggestion is to invest in a cheap tripod, but if you are investing in a wardrobe, then one thing at a time, right?

lol, I already have a tripod but it's kinda short. I need something that's already pretty high to stand it on. This is probably my best angle in this house (still doing post-Katrina repairs) other than a random shot in my kitchen, and who does that? Thanks for the favorable words about the naturalness of the shoes.

Funny story, to break in a friend to the idea of me wearing heels (there's interest beyond friendship, but she lives several states over), I actually used cropped versions of that first outfit, along with another - to show that regular male attire can be paired with heels if executed properly. She agreed :)

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned in the "Who has bought some new shoes" thread, I have some new flat over knee boots and I just quickly tried them on with some skinny jeans, and a brown sweater from Old Navy, and a scarf I have. I really like the look, but would still love all you opinions!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me209.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in the "Who has bought some new shoes" thread, I have some new Grey ankle boots with an almond toe, tapered black heel, and an outside silver zipper ($35). Also when I got them, I picked up a purple (oh so soft) sweater from mens wear ($12) , and a pair of dark blue boot cut jeans from women's wear ($18 ) $65 for a head to toe outfit (excluding unmentionables) seems awesome to me. Especially considdering most of us have paid way more than that for one pair of shoe/boots lol. There's 2 pics below, one has a peacoat I got from Bluenotes last year which I think rounds out a well put together new outfit for the fall season. Deffinately then next thing I wear out to dinner with my amazing gf when she comes into town for the upcomming Thanksgiving (Canadian) weekend.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me215.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me214.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back again with some new boots. Might be sad to some, but they don't really have heels. I was out visiting my gf over the Halloween weekend and did some shopping I really shouldn't have.

First off I ordered a pair of boots from aldo (cause they didn't have them in stock) and they are mens. *GASP* Now they don't reeeeeaaly look like women's, but they're kinda out there as far as mens boots go. This is where I'd discribe them, but I'd just show you a pic anyway, here they are on the site.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/men/boots/dress/76326998-delanoy/2

and then in an outfit I thre together, shirt and skinny jeans from Bluenotes

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me216.jpg

then going down the mall we went into Sirens where I got another pair of boots. Knee black flat boots with a buckle at the top and across the foot. I LOVE them paired with a Jacket I later got at Le Chateau and again the skinnies. 2 Poses for your veiwing pleasure.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me217.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me218.jpg

Then at wal-mart I got...... and I know ALOT of you are gonna hate me for this...... I picked up a pair of What I've come to call "NUGGS" Or Knock off uggs if you will. I'm sorry, the style has grown on me, they're comfy and warm, and they go great with my Black Suede jacket and (again) skinnies..... seen here!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me219.jpg

So fast forward a week to this evening. I went up to the mall to get a vest, I bought a while ago, altered, and to see the girls at my fave shoe store, Spring, and show them my Aldo boots (Spring is owned by the same company that owns aldo, just aldo is priceier). They LOVED them, they also lover the outfit I was wearing, the one with the pleather jacket and knee boots. And while I was up there I past by Suzy Sher, and they had a table out front with these awesome looking riding boots for $45 (cdn). Of course I had to try them on, in which I found they had a zipper going up the back. The bonus was not only did they fit my calves, but they fir OVER my jeans, tight, but they did up and they get easier each time I try. I'm wearing them now just to try and get the material to stretch a bit. They had them in black, but I opted for the other color, exhibit F!

No outfit put together for them yet.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Boots19.jpg

If you got down this far I hope you enjoyed the read and pics. I won't apologize for the length cause if you didn't want to read it all, you wouldn't have, HAHA! As always comments and opinions are appreciated, Happy (low) heeling!