Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Wonderful, well coordinated outfits! I particularly liked the jacket you wore on your Friday outing, especially how well it matched your boots.

Your postings included two very insightful comments that I have noticed while out in my own frequent freestyle excursions:

...My fav reaction is when someone notices it and fights a losing battle to try not to laugh/smile and dare not look at my direction to try and not offend me (you’d figure they’d understand that a guy who has the balls to go out in such an outfit wouldn’t be phased by childish giggles)....

I too have wondered this. Why do I care if somebody laughs at me? For crying out loud I have the guts to do my own thing and not give into pressure to conform.

All in all, another uneventful day in freestyle wear. Then again, most days are.

This observation is the bottom line about the whole freestyling experience summed u quite nicely. If nobody reacts much or cares how anybody dresses, isn't that what acceptance is?

However, you looked fantastic in the pictures. When I go out I think I look pretty good myself. So, with any fashion statement, regardless of which department our garments come from, it is nice to be noticed.

Great posts Max!

Style is built from the ground up!

oh, rest assure I know exactly what you all are saying, I've noticed these kind of, shall we say-"confused" emotions when I'm seen in any of my boots/footwear, like any of us in here could CARE how they feel when they see somthing that they cant quite "come to grips" with!!!:silly::winkiss: to me (& I'm quite sure with all the rest of you in here its really quite amusing to US to see these reactions)

Yo, Max! Brilliant pics! I certainly love your fine sense of style, especially with those boots you sported! Bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Max – I echo Jeff’s comments and those are great looking boots. Remember it is contrast that attracts the eye. I suspect the white slacks are what caught folks eye. Something a little darker would blend a little more. But you now have an attention rheostat you can easily turn up or down.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Very nice outfit Maximilian (as usual...)

Did you ever considered starting your own thread ?

I have. The problem is that I'm out of town most of the time for work and there would be no regular updates to my thread. Therfore I only add my outing experiences to this thread when I'm in town and am out and about freestyling.

Max, Excellent look - all about fashion and nothing to do with heels. Nice dip into the female side whilst making it distinctly masculine. Kneehighs would be right with you on this look. I'm sure I have seen him post a pic of similar attire but in darker colours. I like the white/tan combo it is very striking and not somber. Good job - you should try it on hotornot. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Max! Hats off to you AGAIN for some well-done pictures, and as always, awesome style! Perhaps if not your own thread in the main forum, you might start up your own blog, as shown on the tabs at the top. Just my $.02 plus tax. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went online shopping tonight. Outfit planned: LA Made Maya Scarf Dress in Heather Gray purchased from Revolve Clothing Check out the scarf detail! Will wear untucked...couple with --a black women's blazer, which gives a slim fit so critical to wearing heels, with the sleeves rolled up --and some straight leg jeans/pants or skinny jeans and heels, and you will have a killer outfit. --and my signature cologne.... What I like best about this top is it's seasonal versatility. I will be able to wear it Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall. As well, I can dress it up with black pants or dress it down with jeans. I'll bet once I show girls the back of this, they'll want to do on the spot top trades yet again.

post-486-133522888231_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888234_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888236_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888238_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

While online shopping, I almost ordered this top from Miss Me Couture Tuxedo Shirt in Off White I'm still debating purchasing this, as I feel something could go wrong with the fit around the waist when I tuck it in. It could bunch up around the back of my waist. The A line cut would have to be tailored and right now, I just don't feel I have time to take it to my custom tailor, but you never know. The thing that most appeals to me about this top is the appearance of a double collar. Black bow tie and white collar! Contrast at the top is also good for contrast at the bottom (think pumps without socks). Worn with a blazer and black pants, this look would work well. Dang, I'm selling myself on this as I type right now.

post-486-133522888239_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888241_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522888245_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

While online shopping, I almost ordered this top from

Miss Me Couture Tuxedo Shirt in Off White

I'm still debating purchasing this, as I feel something could go wrong with the fit around the waist when I tuck it in. It could bunch up around the back of my waist. The A line cut would have to be tailored and right now, I just don't feel I have time to take it to my custom tailor, but you never know.

The thing that most appeals to me about this top is the appearance of a double collar. Black bow tie and white collar! Contrast at the top is also good for contrast at the bottom (think pumps without socks). Worn with a blazer and black pants, this look would work well. Dang, I'm selling myself on this as I type right now.

I think I remember my girls had matching outfits with tops that looked similar that when they were 7 and 5 (I remember the collar was layered like this one except long sleeves). They wore them with black and white checked skirts (or was it white and black checks?). One wore white mary janes and the other wore black mary janes. I think they were "spring" church outfits. Not heavy enough for winter and to heavy for summer.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Went online shopping tonight. Outfit planned:

LA Made Maya Scarf Dress in Heather Gray purchased from Revolve Clothing

Check out the scarf detail! Will wear untucked...couple with

--a black women's blazer, which gives a slim fit so critical to wearing heels, with the sleeves rolled up

--and some straight leg jeans/pants or skinny jeans and heels, and you will have a killer outfit.

--and my signature cologne....

What I like best about this top is it's seasonal versatility. I will be able to wear it Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall. As well, I can dress it up with black pants or dress it down with jeans.

I'll bet once I show girls the back of this, they'll want to do on the spot top trades yet again.

I agree that that is one hot dress. it will definitely make for some good outfit choices. And it definitely has versatility in a wardrobe.

Hi all found this picture while surfing flickr recently.http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/donnawanna1000/2721158143_e0b058316d_o.jpg The person who posted this pic was freaked about a guy wearing heels.Guess some people dont like to see a guy wearing heels. ;)

I guess some people have nothing better to do than to highlight and probably put down any and all people who're different than they are.

Please tell me there aren't still people out there who're that insecure?

Nah, couldn't be! ;)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Donna. The next time I'm out heeling I'll be sure to be on the lookout for others taking my picture and will instead take theirs and post their disbelieving faces all over the Internet for the entire world to see.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Kneehighs, I really like the dresses you posted, especially the one in heather. I have done a little experimenting with wearing a dress as a top and do like the look a lot. Though in my experimentation, I have played with accessories, maybe more than I should, dresses do make a wonderful option for a more bold fashion statement and do quite will with the right bottoms and jacket. Thanks for the ideas!

KH: The first dress is killer! I love the neck detail. The second dress is cool too. It reminds me of your Marc Jacobs top. If I was choosing between the two, the first one would win hands down IMO. ;) I've got so many new clothes, maybe it's time I posted a few more freestyle outfits on here. It's been a while!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Over the past year, the ensemble I wear out has changed little: jeans, t-shirt or long-sleeved shirt, and jacket (if cold). About six months ago I began wearing heels out, first to the movies, then to other places. No one cares! Who knew? At home, however, I've long worn skirts, and a couple of years ago bought a couple of simple dresses, including a jeans jumper and a mid-calf, plain black, long-sleeved affair that that works great over a pair of jeans. I'll be moving, soon, and will likely expand what I wear, and where, when I do. Will keep you posted, including some pics.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to play around tonight and see if I couldn't come up with an outfit to wear with my new red Aldo shoes. For a picture of the shoes themselves see my Aldo thread. Here is what I came up with. I like the outfit. I think it looks really sharp and it pulled together nicely. I'm not sure I would wear this outfit out and about. I could see myself wearing it to a club or something though. Let me know what you think and please be honest.

post-3002-133522889362_thumb.jpg

Nice look. It works. The jacket is an unusual color. I can't recall that I've ever seen that color being worn with red. It does go well, though. People wearing "red" are usually quickly observed. While the outfit is well coordinated (IMHO) people will look. If you're prepared to withstand the attention, go for it. You can't miss. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Mr.X, I LOVE the look! I agree with Bubba that the unusual and does go well with the red shirt and white pants. In addition to wearing heels, one of my favorite aspects of freestyling is playing with color. Very exciting outfit. As far as where you might wear it, I think anywhere you choose would be fine. Of course, it may be a bit much for grocery shopping, but I wouldn't even worry about that. An outfit that great needs to be shared with the world. Fantastic!

Actually, its funny that you mention that your outfit was right out of Miami Vice. I have never really thought about it, but as a child of the 80's, I think the style of those days is a major factor that led to my taste in freestyle fashion. It was a big deal to wear shoes without socks and I did for several years - sometimes even in winter, with suits, etc. I had a white cotton suit, several pair of white pants, many items in the whole range of pastels. Though I never watched Miami Vice, you couldn't avoid the fashion. Just like the platform stacked heels for guys in the 70's, the more relaxed feminine overtones of the mid 80's must of had a bigger impact on the than I thought. I remember thinking that heels were the next logical step because they would have looked great with almost any outfit I wore then. I bought my very first pair of heels in 1987, while I was in college, though it took me two years to get the courage to even go that far. I never wore those outside the house. However, you are right that Don Johnson may not have worn the heels you were wearing. Then it would have pumps, maybe white or a pastel color, and likely not sandals. Sandals didn't seem to be a big deal then. Thanks for the post, it really has me thinking.

Actually, its funny that you mention that your outfit was right out of Miami Vice. I have never really thought about it, but as a child of the 80's, I think the style of those days is a major factor that led to my taste in freestyle fashion. It was a big deal to wear shoes without socks and I did for several years - sometimes even in winter, with suits, etc. I had a white cotton suit, several pair of white pants, many items in the whole range of pastels. Though I never watched Miami Vice, you couldn't avoid the fashion. Just like the platform stacked heels for guys in the 70's, the more relaxed feminine overtones of the mid 80's must of had a bigger impact on the than I thought.

I remember thinking that heels were the next logical step because they would have looked great with almost any outfit I wore then. I bought my very first pair of heels in 1987, while I was in college, though it took me two years to get the courage to even go that far. I never wore those outside the house.

However, you are right that Don Johnson may not have worn the heels you were wearing. Then it would have pumps, maybe white or a pastel color, and likely not sandals. Sandals didn't seem to be a big deal then. Thanks for the post, it really has me thinking.

I totally agree. I love the 80's and I think that is wear a lot of my fashion freedom comes from too.