Jump to content

Times may be changing...


Schnubab
 Share

Recommended Posts

So out of curiosity when doing some browsing, I noticed that Steve Madden have started offering US 12 sizes for some of the heels, some below :-

https://www.stevemadden.com/collections/womens-all-products/products/vala-black-leather?variant=39449449267333 

https://www.stevemadden.com/collections/womens-all-products/products/vava-black-paris?variant=39451044806789

Hopefully this is a sign that some makers realise there is a demand for some larger sizes. I did see the below article a few weeks back and thought it might be promising 

https://www.instyle.com/fashion/shoes/jimmy-choo-billy-porter-size-inclusive-collection-pride

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


It's a great sign and the short video is good. If course it will be tied directly to LGBQT which is not a category I fit into yet I'm a stiletto wearer. Still nice step in the right direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

I tried to try on some Jimmy choo's at the airport Sydney in the duty free area, but they only had up to size 7. Even the sales woman had never tried on a pair because her feet were larger than size 7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I am kind of unexcited about the whole thing, with one possible exception. If somebody like Jimmy Choo is really getting on board with this, that could be significant. It would be interesting to know if this was a purely financial decision, or if there were aesthetic sensibilities mixed in as well. We all know what his contemporary and competitor Christian Louboutin has said in the past about the aesthetic of men in heels. Oh, and I don't mind the chrome, I only dislike the style of the boot it's on!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has to be business. It’s a capsule collection at the moment. It’s less a toe dip, more an ankle in the water. It’s not a full leg or even torso yet.

Id also suggest that it’s also from taller women, women with larger feet I’d say. Women have feet over a size 7US/9UK/43EU.

Its business, if they get taller women with generally larger feet they will get men. It’s a double addition. If they get an extra day third of sales, that may be many times that in profit. It won’t be an easy thing to add into a manufacturing line, it will add complexity, if they have done their production line correctly it will be easy to add in.

Its a massive plus for us. I could see me saving for a pair of Jimmy Choo boots, if they got the colours sorted. The orange is the only one I like.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will say the sales people at Jimmy Choo stores have been very friendly and have been happy to let me try pairs on if they have my size (40 pumps, 41 boots). I have a few pairs of both that are quite comfortable, but I usually get them for about 1/5th MSRP used. 

70AE20D5-1403-484E-B8B0-0F90430DCF1D.jpeg

Edited by Rockpup
  • Like 8

(formerly known as "JimC")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 3:13 PM, VirginHeels said:

This has to be business. It’s a capsule collection at the moment. It’s less a toe dip, more an ankle in the water. It’s not a full leg or even torso yet.

Id also suggest that it’s also from taller women, women with larger feet I’d say. Women have feet over a size 7US/9UK/43EU.

Its business, if they get taller women with generally larger feet they will get men. It’s a double addition. If they get an extra day third of sales, that may be many times that in profit. It won’t be an easy thing to add into a manufacturing line, it will add complexity, if they have done their production line correctly it will be easy to add in.

Its a massive plus for us. I could see me saving for a pair of Jimmy Choo boots, if they got the colours sorted. The orange is the only one I like.

No, it's all about scoring woke points by playing nice to the alphabet mafia. They don't give a rat's ass about men as customers, no one gives a rat's ass about men anyway, but getting woke likes from the blue twitter checkmarks, that's like bitcoin to these companies. Although we should be glad that as a side effect we can get some of these shoes in our size finally. I'd LOVE to have a size 43 or 44 size Anouk.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need to go shopping in places with big women's basketball teams programs.  Volleyball programs are good too.  They tend to carry larger sizes in the stores near by.

But I have  U.S. women's size 10, so I am lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cali said:

You need to go shopping in places with big women's basketball teams programs.  Volleyball programs are good too.  They tend to carry larger sizes in the stores near by.

But I have  U.S. women's size 10, so I am lucky.

As in heels? You'd think these women, like most today, are only interested in sneakers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chorlini said:

As in heels? You'd think these women, like most today, are only interested in sneakers.

Nope, they love heels but don't want to tower. Personally I'm all in on that, but society deemed it bad for tall women almost as much as us guys. Oh well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is great that a business like Jimmy Choo and Steve Madsen are venturing into larger sized high heels, but if the heel styles continue to have the same now popular look that offers the heel propping up the very back of the pumps design, I won't be in the market to purchase them. This means I can save on not buying the heeled footwear with no attractive high heel shaping that has really become a turn off, at least for me. So if the larger sized high heels fail to bring in the sales, it won't be because there isn't a demand for high heels in larger sizes. The reason would be more in the line the high heels styling wasn't attractive enough to satisfy the desires of the men and women who care more about purchasing their high heeled preferences than being today's fashion sheep. The Mary Jane pumps in this picture have more attractive heel styling 837709989_christian-louboutin-black-decocolico-mary-jane-patent-leather-euro-395-pumps-size-us-85-0-0-960-960-a(2).thumb.jpg.ef2f04fecae4b71a1eb48d93a83f8ac5.jpgthan the stiletto heel in the this pictureef49296c42ed03e9655d31b0b35814c1.thumb.jpg.a51b623d6f7bce8c082c14fc0a2b8d11.jpg because the heels of the Mary Janes actually look like they support the wearer, instead of creating a lean to and/or a shelf bracket appearance that the heel gives the construction of the attractive part of the high heel shaped pump.

Edited by Histiletto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Histiletto said:

It is great that a business like Jimmy Choo and Steve Madsen are venturing into larger sized high heels, but if the heel styles continue to have the same now popular look that offers the heel propping up the very back of the pumps design, I won't be in the market to purchase them. This means I can save on not buying the heeled footwear with no attractive high heel shaping that has really become a turn off, at least for me. So if the larger sized high heels fail to bring in the sales, it won't be because there isn't a demand for high heels in larger sizes. The reason would be more in the line the high heels styling wasn't attractive enough to satisfy the desires of the men and women who care more about purchasing their high heeled preferences than being today's fashion sheep. The Mary Jane pumps in this picture have more attractive heel styling 837709989_christian-louboutin-black-decocolico-mary-jane-patent-leather-euro-395-pumps-size-us-85-0-0-960-960-a(2).thumb.jpg.ef2f04fecae4b71a1eb48d93a83f8ac5.jpgthan the stiletto heel in the this pictureef49296c42ed03e9655d31b0b35814c1.thumb.jpg.a51b623d6f7bce8c082c14fc0a2b8d11.jpg because the heels of the Mary Janes actually look like they support the wearer, instead of creating a lean to and/or a shelf bracket appearance that the heel gives the construction of the attractive part of the high heel shaped pump.

Totally agree. Surprisingly nobody is listening to me when I recommend Hey Si Mey's. Heels are perfectly placed, high than usual arches. Quality is nine west level, price about 40 to 50 dollars.

20210725_190822_resized.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Totally agree. Surprisingly nobody is listening to me when I recommend Hey Si Mey's. Heels are perfectly placed, high than usual arches. Quality is nine west level, price about 40 to 50 dollars.

20210725_190822_resized.jpg

If you keep talking, you might convince me to try another pair. They have so many cool shoes, but as you may remember, my first experience with them was very disappointing. I'll refresh your present recollection that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the shoes, it's just that they don't fit my feet right (toe portion of the shoe was way too long for my shorter toes). I'm afraid to buy another pair for this reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't attest to their open toed heels. I rarely fit open toed heels from anyone very well,  mostly they bother my big toe where the vamps start. Always been a problem for me.

7 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

I can't attest to their open toed heels. I rarely fit open toed heels from anyone very well,  mostly they bother my big toe where the vamps start. Always been a problem for me.

I do however think you'd like these.

20210728_065242_resized.jpg

20210728_065208_resized.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, Chorlini said:

No, it's all about scoring woke points by playing nice to the alphabet mafia. They don't give a rat's ass about men as customers, no one gives a rat's ass about men anyway, but getting woke likes from the blue twitter checkmarks, that's like bitcoin to these companies. Although we should be glad that as a side effect we can get some of these shoes in our size finally. I'd LOVE to have a size 43 or 44 size Anouk.

And I thought I was cynical 😎 Trust me, corporations drop LGBT stuff as soon as June ends. It’s gotten to be a joke in our community.

67963FE3-E877-4D0E-AC55-AB346EAF2BB6.jpeg

  • Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rockpup said:

And I thought I was cynical 😎 Trust me, corporations drop LGBT stuff as soon as June ends. It’s gotten to be a joke in our community.

67963FE3-E877-4D0E-AC55-AB346EAF2BB6.jpeg

Dunno, it's almost august and here it STILL feels like pride month. In fact it feels like pride year. Every year. Daily outrage in the media over Hungary's anti-gay promotion laws and athletes kneeling everywhere. And yes, corporations play nice to the alphabet mafia for PR reasons. Which is why you won't see any Pride stuff on the websites of those same companies in the Middle East. Having said that, they do seem to care more about scoring woke points from the Blue Checkmarks on Twittwat then their actual customers. Which I suspect is because they're playing the long game. They're assuming this will be the future. So they will take some losses or less profit now so they will be in the good graces once the woke takeover has been completed. Being on the right side of history as it were.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where I live Pride month is August so things are just getting geared up to go. I do find it strange how all of a sudden everything gay is in the news for a few weeks, then nothing until next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Guess it’s like Christmas…

I don't know about where you live but here Chri$tma$ advertising starts in September with decoration in stores in October.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess the Christians who celebrate Christmas (and Easter) would say they were Christian all year round too...

Americans who are patriotic are probably patriotic year-round, not just the Fourth of July

Things have seasons, and taking down rainbow bunting is just a reflection of the march of time, the progression of seasons. I wouldn't read too much into it.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I guess the Christians who celebrate Christmas (and Easter) would say they were Christian all year round too...

Sure but Christmas is a seasonal thing. People don't celebrate Christ's birth all year, just like you celebrate your own birthday just one day a year. You can be a Christian all year, but you still celebrate Christmas in December.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe some of you still miss my point. You can be gay all year around why not celebrate the point anytime. Being Christian you can celebrate Christianity all year around, but Christmas is a seasonal thing. Christianity is not seasonal, nor is being gay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.