My first public heel adventure

balletboot

2 hours ago, balletboot said:

Yes just a slim leg mens dress pants, peacoat and heels!

Sometimes I wish I had an office job so this could be my work attire..

When I do go to the office, I wear pants similar to that. Then switch into heels on the way home for some shopping. I found it works quite nicely and all I need to do is swap shoes. Sadly, don't go to the office too much nowadays.

Need a new coat too, something slimming, like a peacoat ...

34 minutes ago, hiddenheels said:

When I do go to the office, I wear pants similar to that. Then switch into heels on the way home for some shopping. I found it works quite nicely and all I need to do is swap shoes. Sadly, don't go to the office too much nowadays.

Need a new coat too, something slimming, like a peacoat ...

Sounds like you should just wear your heels into the office!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, balletboot said:

It's been awhile since I've posted. Been a very busy last few months at work.

Managed to get out today wore my aldo boots to do alittle shoping/errands.

I hope I will have more time for heels next year! 

20201231_144109_compress13.jpg

Considered wearing these instead but I was liking the boots more for how much walking I had to do!

20201231_144157_compress73.jpg

The boots look great with those pants, any positive reactions, must have felt great!

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I've posted, so I think it's time for a little update.

I managed to get out tonight for the first time probably since my last post. I wore some black leggings with my black aldo booties (sorry no pictures) went out shopping! 

Nordstrom, dsw and a few other small stores, I didn't end up buying anything but I was very delighted to see the shelves weren't empty! For the first time since covid started the shelves were full and I could actually shop.

Was a short fun outing cant wait for the next one!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, balletboot said:

Got out shoping today for alittle bit before I went to my dentist appointment!

Screenshot_20210630-223431_Instagram_compress44.jpg

Screenshot_20210630-223420_Instagram_resize_9.jpg

Somebody is going to ask this eventually, so I may as well save them the trouble and get it out of the way. Did you wear this ensemble to the dentist, and specifically the shoes? If so, what, if any, was the reaction? Also, while I love the color of those shorts, have you considered shortening them a bit? I think it would make proportions.  .  . well, more proportional. Then again, opinions are like, well you know how the saying goes, so take it with a grain of salt. I have to give you props for wearing shorts and heels. That was a huge step for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Did you wear this ensemble to the dentist, and specifically the shoes? If so, what, if any, was the reaction? 

4 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Great legs....Someone must have complimented you at the dental office!

This is exactly what I wore to the dentist. No one there said a word about them. But I did get a compliment from an older lady when I was out shopping!

Edited by balletboot
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, balletboot said:

Quick trip to Nordstrom rack yesterday on my way to an appointment. Shelves are finally looking full again! But sadly not to many heels mostly sneakers and flats.

20210703_092709_compress66.jpg

How disappointing.

You, on the other hand, look great.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, balletboot said:

Not a word from anyone. Just a quite trip out.

Well, perhaps no one said anything, usually folks are polite, or perhaps afraid to approach you with a compliment...But, you were noticed for sure....

On 7/5/2021 at 12:43 AM, balletboot said:

Oh I know I was noticed! it wasn't exactly quite when I walked into the store.

Give yourself credit buddy, you would have been noticed even if the heels were silent....Great work, it must have felt amazing...D

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, balletboot said:

@Cali not to many sandal days left in the season, so I didnt really mind the extra stops I had to do

Sandal season goes to mid-November here, even longer in Southern California.  I recently went to find some replacement molding from about 1930's.  Went to several lumber yards looking to no avail, guess I will have to re-create it.  But you do get looks when you walk through lumberyards and hardware stores in heels.

26 minutes ago, Cali said:

But you do get looks when you walk through lumberyards and hardware stores in heels.

Definitely do. Although so would any woman walking through either store in heels. So I suppose it's almost a compliment.

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Sandal season goes to mid-November here, even longer in Southern California.  I recently went to find some replacement molding from about 1930's.  Went to several lumber yards looking to no avail, guess I will have to re-create it.  But you do get looks when you walk through lumberyards and hardware stores in heels.

The typical lumber yard will not have shall we say, historical molding. You need to hit the internet and look for sellers and suppliers that specialize in older home restoration. You should be able to find what you are looing for, but it will take some time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pumped said:

The typical lumber yard will not have shall we say, historical molding. You need to hit the internet and look for sellers and suppliers that specialize in older home restoration. You should be able to find what you are looing for, but it will take some time.

It's not restoration, since I plan to tear down the house next year and build a new one. And I need less than 4 feet. My land is worth $100,000 more without the house.  So it's take out my tools and cut it from some scrap lumber I have around. No big deal, just time.

I have probably written about this in the past, but it has been while...   My first public heeling adventure was waayyy back in 1995, ancient history.  I had always been a flat gals sandal guy, and one day I was shoe shopping and found a pair of slip on kitten heel thong sandals.  I had not thought much about heels, but these sandals looked nice, so I tried them on and liked what I saw.  I purchased the shoes and showed them to my wife.  She was OK with the shoes but asked what I was going to do with them.  I told her that I was going to wear them, and she asked, outside?  I had always intended that I would try wearing the heels outside, and told the wife "yes."  Heck, I paid a fair price for the shoes, liked the look, and it made no sense to wear them at home, after all what's the big deal.  

The first time I wore them in public I was nerve wracked, but nothing really happened.  I thought that every person was staring at me, not the case.  Mostly I was ignored.  Since 1995, I have worn heels regularly all over the United States.  Never have I gotten a negative reaction, well a few stares and giggles, but nothing overt.  On the other hand, I have gotten many compliments from both guys and gals on my heeled sandals.  But 99% of the time, no one notices or seems to care and that's fine with me.  I just want to be able to wear nice looking gals heels, it make me feel good and I enjoy it.  

For all you folks here that are hesitant or new to heeling in public, just give it a try, you may like it, you may not, nothing ventured, nothing gained...  Good luck and have fun....   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"