Shoe Related Things That Bug You...

barney15c

End of line and out of production shoes.

And the sites that keep showing them and thus tantalise and feed the desire.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

End of line and out of production shoes.

That's bad.

And the sites that keep showing them and thus tantalise and feed the desire.

That's worse.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'll chime in on this one...

The eBay thing is something that constantly amazes me. I shop for some of my designer shoes on eBay. I love Louboutins but hate to pay full price (I have and it hurts for months). Poor lighting, out of focus pictures and no variety of angles and then ask me to pay $600? Nope...not gonna do it!

Also, it makes me nuts to see someone wear shoes that are too big and they are constantly walking out of them UGH! Nasty!!

As a budding photographer, I also am amazed by the bad photos people use. I'm always left wondering if they actually looked at the photos before they posted them.

I have read that some women will buy shoes that are not the proper size, simply because they have to have that model, and the their size was not available. Not something I would do, but hey to each their own.

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"

Another eBay thing I've recently re-encountered: Sellers who throw shoes in soft bubble wrap mailers without any kind of packing whatsoever. The shoes tend to get scuffed. Jeez, at least stuff something in the toes so they don't get smashed.

I'll chime in on this one...

The eBay thing is something that constantly amazes me. I shop for some of my designer shoes on eBay. I love Louboutins but hate to pay full price (I have and it hurts for months). Poor lighting, out of focus pictures and no variety of angles and then ask me to pay $600? Nope...not gonna do it!

Also, it makes me nuts to see someone wear shoes that are too big and they are constantly walking out of them UGH! Nasty!!

What's with that with women wearing shoes that have are too big! Seeing a big gap at the back and walking out of them is not good looking at all!

I can't imagine if they found the shoe in a size that is too large a smaller proper fit shoe would be available.

PS, Debbi, You always look great!! :)

Jim

Jim, the reason I mentioned the issue about wearing shoes too big is that I work with a person who wears shoes too big all the time. It's not a matter she could not find a smaller size, it just seems that's what she does! Now I have a pair or two that are a little big, but that has come from repeated wear and I pad them to take up the extra room...but she doesn't! I can hear her shoes slapping from a mile away! Thank you for your nice comments! :flowers:

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

..but she doesn't! I can hear her shoes slapping from a mile away!

Not to mention it usually makes a person walk funny.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Not to mention it usually makes a person walk funny.

EXACTLY! She walks like her feet are killing her...and I suppose they are trying desparately to keep the shoes on!

Price labels being hard to remove and the fact that they have two or three price labels on each shoe, plus they often put them inside the shoes also. What do people do with the little loop of material inside shoes that they use to join a pair togeather ?

Another eBay thing I've recently re-encountered: Sellers who throw shoes in soft bubble wrap mailers without any kind of packing whatsoever. The shoes tend to get scuffed. Jeez, at least stuff something in the toes so they don't get smashed.

Bah, I hate that. Then again I guess you don't have to worry about them getting scuffed if the heels tear through the package in transit and disappear somewhere along the way, which has happened before as well.

What do people do with the little loop of material inside shoes that they use to join a pair togeather ?

I usually snip it out with a pair of small sheers.

Jim, the reason I mentioned the issue about wearing shoes too big is that I work with a person who wears shoes too big all the time. It's not a matter she could not find a smaller size, it just seems that's what she does! Now I have a pair or two that are a little big, but that has come from repeated wear and I pad them to take up the extra room...but she doesn't! I can hear her shoes slapping from a mile away!

Thank you for your nice comments! :flowers:

Does she wear heels Debbi? I wonder why she likes them so loose? x

She does wear heels but mostly chunky mid-heels...nothing much over 2 inches. She wears nice clothes, but ruins the look with her shoes (shoes can make or break any outfit).

I guess my shoe-related complaint is the constant of not sharing the shopping experience with anyone like some lone wolf migrating from store to store, mall to mall. Sure, I get treated well most everywhere I go but there are a few times when you feel invisible in a store and have to then raise your voice and point out your digust at being ignored. Then I remember why these things matter, regain my composure, and remind those who work in retail what keeps them employed. People not "getting it" bother me as I'm sure they do thers.

HappyinHeels

I guess my shoe-related complaint is the constant of not sharing the shopping experience with anyone like some lone wolf migrating from store to store, mall to mall. Sure, I get treated well most everywhere I go but there are a few times when you feel invisible in a store and have to then raise your voice and point out your digust at being ignored. Then I remember why these things matter, regain my composure, and remind those who work in retail what keeps them employed. People not "getting it" bother me as I'm sure they do thers.

HappyinHeels

I'm very surprised to hear that since my experiences of shopping in America have been plagued by over helpful sales people advising me to "have a nice day madam", which I invariably was before their appearance.

I'm very surprised to hear that since my experiences of shopping in America have been plagued by over helpful sales people advising me to "have a nice day madam", which I invariably was before their appearance.

HA! I'd never really thought about it before, but it's true that we Yankees are in the peculiar habit of ordering people to "have a nice day," whether they want to or not. Here in the Midwest, we tend to order people to "have a good one." I suppose it's better than wishing someone to be run over by a large, green bus.

I suppose it's better than wishing someone to be run over by a large, green bus.

Probably what most salespeople in the UK would wish of me. Especially after having spoken to the manager over their returns policy.

Another pet hate is on Ebay where sellers use the stock photos of a particular model of shoes and then finding the pair they are selling are used and have marks and wear on the heels/ sples. Its either lazr / deceiptful or both.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Another pet hate is on Ebay where sellers use the stock photos of a particular model of shoes and then finding the pair they are selling are used and have marks and wear on the heels/ sples. Its either lazr / deceiptful or both.

Like.

I also use ebay to see if the style changes as the size gets larger. Stock photos are usually of smaller size shoes.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

AMandaS, Overall the shopping experience in the USA (and Canada) is one of perhaps over-helpful sales staffs amid a plehtora of consumer goods. What I'm talking about is the lack of companionship while shopping and the occasional silent treatment I may get in some stores as if I were invisible. The "silent treatment" may occur once or twice in every ten shopping experiences because the sales person sees me, sizes me up, and just doesn't make a reasonable effort to greet me or ask what I'm looking for because they make a "judgement" based on appearance. It is a form of discrimination towards transgenered people or those men dressing in amore androgynous fashion. The fact that I am not with someone while shopping exaggerates that feeling of being ignored. So, it's not often, but often enough that it makes me wonder what kind of workers these folks will be in ten years of so. The first I do when I walk into a store is look for the closest sales person that saw me walk in and I WATCH THEM so that I can measure what is about to happen. I loom for eye contact, and then watch for movement either towards me or away from me. Retail is about customer service. and anybody not understanding that, should not be in it. I expect the same dignity that others deserve but msy not always get. HappyinHeels

What bugs me a guys in this forum passing themselves off as women. You know who you are.

So do we! ;)

Ebayers who list the shoes as "designer" when they are so obviously cheapos. I challenge them to tell me the name of te designer.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

So do we! ;)

Ebayers who list the shoes as "designer" when they are so obviously cheapos. I challenge them to tell me the name of te designer.

Certainly not meant for you, Dr. Shoe - you have always been straightforward about yourself! I wish I had worded that comment differently - to indicate that the person had identified himself under gender as being a female - which is not true. That is where the issue arises..

I don't buy shoes on line but I've found when I do that I've come to resent very much the policy of having to pay to return them. How often is it that you're charged £7 or so to try shoes or clothing on in a high street shop? I've decided now only to buy on line where there is a free returns policy. If we all stuck together on this issue then we might eventually eradicate those businesses who don't comply.

One thing that bugs me are the many OMG photos on ebay of a pair of shoes in size 11 or 12 being modeled by human feet or a manikin's feet that are many sizes smaller. At the risk of offending someone here who has done this (I apologize if I do), I think it looks goofy. Feet don't help sell the shoes if they don't fit the shoes properly, or if they're not pretty feet. Obviously either a wife or daughter is modeling a husband's or father's heels in the photo here, for example. Does anyone (other than the sellers who do this) really think the presence of feet adds anything to the attraction of the shoes? Does anyone else here find this annoying? Steve

post-4071-0-05754000-1363312510_thumb.jp

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”

Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Excellent quote, Megan! But you have to give up your sanity if you're going to spend time wearing heels and posting on this forum, so we're already past that. :spin2:

Steve

The instructions Wonko spoke of, Adams found on a packet of toothpicks on sale in Britain called Interdens. They read, 'Hold stick near centre of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in toothspace, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.' So how long do you think it'll be till shoes come with instructions?

Well, first you have to teach customers left from right, so they get the shoes on correctly. That could take a few hours of practice with some drill and exercises. Then they have to remove the shoes from the box, and take off all the inserts, cardboard, wrappings, etc. At least an hour for that. Then they have to identify the left shoe from the right one. It would be really helpful if manufacturers would label their shoes so people would know which is which, assuming they can read. But since manufacturers don't do that, you need an artist to draw illustrations. Then, and here's the really tricky part, the consumers need to match the right shoe to their right foot and their left shoe to their left foot. More illustrations. Since there is a 50 percent chance they could get it wrong and have broken foot bones by placing the wrong foot into the first shoe, you would need a few pages of legalese boiler plate to keep the supplier from getting sued, and an army of lawyers to back it all up and prufe reed it. But here is the (pardon the pun) kicker. Suppose they have everything all matched up and they are ready to go. They still have to figure out which side of the shoe is up and which is down! It would be nice if each shoe would be labeled "This side up" in bold letters to tell the consumer how to orient it. A label "Front" and a label "Rear" would also be helpful. But shoes don't have these instructions, so it will need to be in the manual. More illustrations. Ok, so now the wearer is ready to go. The wearer slips a foot into the proper shoe oriented the proper way, (and we need to note "toes first!") and then completes the application by fastening whatever holds the shoe on - buckles, Velcro, clamps, laces, duct tape - whatever. So you see, there is a lot more to instructions than you probably thought. Moreover, it's not easy for one technical writer to think up all the things that could go wrong, so you'd need a team to put together the manual's troubleshooting section. That could amount to several pages. And then it has to go up 14 layers of management to get approvals. Writing manuals is difficult and demanding work, don't you think? Good luck! Steve

You forgot the picture of the safety glasses you need to wear, and the warning 'Footwear. Do not eat.'

Writing manuals is difficult and demanding work, don't you think?

Good luck!

Steve

I could knock one up in half an hour. The trick is plagiarism. But , sh, don't tell anyone.