Shoe Related Things That Bug You...

barney15c

Should shoes have warning labels, like: does not hold shape when worn, or falls apart when used or gets wet? For those who dislike heels being modeled with feet inserted that clearly aren't fitting the same size, I share your contempt. Also for the footwear sites that declare their shoes are true to size and you order your size. Then upon getting them, you find they are a size too big or a size too small, which means you either have to waste more time trying to return/exchange them, sale them, or find a person that wears this size and see if they would like to have them. Which means for being inconvenienced, the heels end up costing quite a bit more and you may not even get the heels you actually wanted because of limited availability.

You've got to consider the potential buyers who may not know how to use shoes.

Funny!

Why is it that there always seems to be loads of shoes i want when I have got no money?! Ebay is particularly bad for throwing these into the equation.

I see this one every so often looking at classified ads (i.e, Craigslist) for heels: When everything about the ad for heels is there - picture, description, price, location...you know, the need to knows. Everything but - THE SIZE. I don't think that's a minor detail you can't leave out.

• 2 weeks later...

One problem I've had is with the construction of some shoes. The size is right and the fit is fine, but the way they are put together leaves a ridge or bulge on the inside that presses right in the wrong spot. A lovely pair of boots I was given a while back were a perfect fit, but the way they came together left a small part under the seam on the outside pressing directly on a sensitive spot on my foot inside, to outright painful results. They were absolutely perfect otherwise, but that one little spot made them unwearable.

. Oh, and speaking of mules, don't you hate it when your pant leg gets caught beneath your foot, so that you're stepping on it as you walk? It seems I'm forever tugging at my pant legs so that they fall on the outside of the heels, as they should.

Oh, I totally agree with this one. I owned a few pairs of mules several years ago in my early going out days and got rid of them just for that reason because that annoyed the tar out of me. Although that was at a time I was really concerned about hiding my heels with extra long jeans. I am not so paranoid about hiding anymore, so perhaps it is time to reconsider a pair of mules with more appropriate length pants :)