Plats, have any?

cancan

Don't like em, Even the concealed plats. Its like adding a hoof to the human foot, not very appealing to me. It adds a lot of bulk to the foot. To me they make a person look shorter, like their legs are too short to reach the ground.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Not my style. I will say, however, that I don't mind a thin platform too much, no more than 1/2 inch or so. As others have indicated, anything thicker than that just looks cloddy to me, like the orthopedic shoes that someone with a short leg would wear on one foot. Why anyone would want a shoe that looked like than unless necessary is beyond me. And the real heavy ones, like stripper heels, well, I just don't see any attraction tehre at all. However, to all that like them, enjoy! To each their own!

Not a fan of larger platforms. I think those are nearly exclusive fetish shoes. However, I do rather like smaller platforms of say less than an inch. My collection is about half with small platforms and half with none. I do like that with plats you don't feel rough surfaces on the ground beneath your feet as you sometimes can with a zero platform heel. They also help to not make my feet look so dainty.

is anyone else crazy for plats like me? i absolutely LOVE them. i dont know what it is, but im drawn to them. any one have plats?

Actually, I have a few, and find them slightly more comfortable than single sole. May seem strange, but I'd rather have at least a small platform

cancan, You are not alone in your love for platforms. The vast majority of mine now have platforms not over 1" but I do have a few up to 4" with an 8" heel. The last time I attended a Halloween party I wore a Sunset Strip plat sandal with a 4" platform and 8.5" heel. The last two years though I hav bought all my shoes in-person and they have been stylish pumps, both open-toe and closed, boots, wedges, and sandals nearly all of which had some kind of platform but nearly all 1" or less. Big platforms are for very cool parties or just naughty times I think. HappyinHeels:wavey:

Within the last few years, plats have become styled better to fit the shape of their footwear. The earlier plats were cloddish and they made the feet look a lot bigger. Plus, they really looked as though they were applied after-thoughts once the shoes wear made. The plats of the 70's and 80's were the same way and they look like men's shoes with blocks that raised the heel area, which would have discouraged me from wearing the men's heels of that period. Lately, I have acquired a number of stiletto platformed pumps like those offered by Steven Madden or Speed Limit 98. Even some of the designer heels with plats have been enticing as long as the stiletto heels were shaped properly, in my opinion. The "Feticha" by Christian Louboutin or the "Sophia" by Gucci comes to mind as examples. By the way, right now there are some 4.5" equivalent patent leather platform pumps by Jimmy Choo through Saks that really look adorable. To buy these, you really have to want them, because they cost $750.00. I'd have to pick up a lot of aluminum cans and work a couple of months to afford them. Is the cost worth it? They do fit my ideal for high heeling and I'd really kick myself if they got away like so many other heels I have so intently desired. However, my budget would be fried and so many other consideration need to be met. To be continued!

Most of the shoes I've bought in the last couple of years have a platform, All high-street styles and all less than 2" (higher might be fun to try, but I probably wouldn't buy). It's not that I'm avoiding non-platform shoes, it's just that most of the styles I find elegant and attractive these days just happen to have some sort of platform.

If you like it, wear it.

HiStiletto, I had to laugh when I read you would have to pick a lot of aluminum cans to afford the Jimmy Choo shoes. So someone else here is a scrapper like me! I went out in April when you have to wear boots here and got about 275 pounds of cans, aluminum scrap, copper and brass in about two weeks going out on weekends. That brought in about $215. I don't really need the money but have always enjoyed being outside and caring for this planet. But getting scrap along the road or from side jobs has always been fun. You gave me an idea though.....what if we all picked up cans and always used those proceeds ONLY to buy heels?? It would be interesting to see what we all could get with what we found.In a decade I could have probably bought no less then a half dozen pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes! HappyinHeels

On a dare, I wore a 3" plat with about a 8" heel with my crutches and did very well in it. When the concealed plats came out I did not care for them but now am getting to like them. I do have a sling with a plat of about 1" and 5" heel and generous toe opening and love it. I have loaned the pair to two girls on my staff and they loved them. I probably will purchase more as the fall styles come out. E

We are fans of both, but I'd have to say with recent fashion trends we've accumulated more platforms, both hidden and not, than single soled shoes. She has a couple pairs of lower heeled (3") strappy single sole evening shoes, but most of the time she still opts for a platform pump of sorts. Ususally, anything with 5"+ heel makes her very obviously taller than I am, and she likes that. I do too. <wink>

HiStiletto,

I had to laugh when I read you would have to pick a lot of aluminum cans to afford the Jimmy Choo shoes. So someone else here is a scrapper like me! I went out in April when you have to wear boots here and got about 275 pounds of cans, aluminum scrap, copper and brass in about two weeks going out on weekends. That brought in about $215. I don't really need the money but have always enjoyed being outside and caring for this planet. But getting scrap along the road or from side jobs has always been fun. You gave me an idea though.....what if we all picked up cans and always used those proceeds ONLY to buy heels?? It would be interesting to see what we all could get with what we found.In a decade I could have probably bought no less then a half dozen pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes!

HappyinHeels

Hm... I had to stop and think about if I had a recycling place that would pay for my recycled cans, paper, plastic, etc.... I may, but not sure.

To the subject, platforms come second after my wedges ;D I've tried 4-inch platforms, but with all the unstable terrain around (not to mention any suitable places to wear them), I had to give in and sell them.

I'm now settled to 2 1/2-inch platforms. Lowest at the moment are around a 1/2-1-inch platform, so I can't go without them.

Formally "HHDude"

Continued from an earlier post: After feeling the intense allure that radiated from those Jimmy Choo Stiletto Platform Pumps, you can find comfort in knowing they have been rescued from the elite inventory of designer heels available for sale. They are now being enjoyed extending my height and improving my body proportion ratio, while increasing my overall appearance assets. Of course, my budget is going to need scrutinizing and supplementing for the next two or three months. The regrets are in the fact I could only rescue one pair and they will be worn only for very special occasions. How similar or different are your accounts in this type of situations?