Where do you buy your heels? Online or in a shop?

mrt

Hello, I just wonder where you buy your high heels, online or in a shop in the shopping mall. I am quite chicken, so I buy them online, allthough it is not easy to find nice heels in my size (size 12 US woman, or 44 in europe) Love to hear your stories. A heel lover.

It depends on a few factors. I buy from shops if the shoes speak to me or the shop has a sale on. I buy mostly from Ebay as you can grab some seriously cheap bargains there. I just bought the attached Carvela/Kurt Geiger shoes on Ebay for £15. They ended at a silly My girlfriend will wear them a few times and then we'll re sell them on Ebay. I also peruse the online shops and buy shoes in the sales. I've hardly ever bought full priced shoes as I don't see the point as by waiting a little you can almost always get the same shoe for half price. I buy quite a few pairs and wear then until Im bored of the and sell them on Ebay and usually make a profit or a very small loss. Oh I'm a UK 7 or 8 EU 40 or 41 so I can buy anything the shops are willing to sell.

Mostly online but retail stores occasionally just because most stores don't carry my size or if they do it only the ugliest of the ugly shoes. If more stores carried my size I would do more retail shopping.

Sorry guys, I meant to say... I just bought the attached Carvela/Kurt Geiger shoes on Ebay for £15. They ended at a silly time. My girlfriend will probably wear them a few times and then we'll re sell them on Ebay, hopefully for a profit. That's the great thing about Ebay. If you know what you're doing you can wear clothes virtually for free. I've attached them this time.

post-9545-133522946348_thumb.jpg

First - mrt WELCOME to the forum

I am quite chicken, so I buy them online, although it is not easy to find nice heels in my size (size 12 US woman, or 44 in europe)

There is a long thread Shopping for heels: try them on? that has some very good discussion about how to get the nerve to try on shoes in a store. The conclusion is there is no substitute for trying on a pair of heels before you buy them.

I have to buy my thigh boots on line because no store stocks them, especially in my size. All other boots and shoes I have found in local stores and tried them on.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

As I am a UK 8 I buy mostly from the shops, had a meeting in London this morning and nipped into debenhams on Oxford street before my meeting started. Saw a pair of platform Oxfords reduced from £85 to £25. Had to buy them they fit very nicely and the young sales assistant was very helpful and lovely as well.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

These days, exclusively online. I need a bare minimum of 13 wide for comfort, and that size in women's shoes are pretty much impossible to find in brick and mortar stores.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nearly 100% online. Size, selection, price competition, the nearest center with more than Wal-Mart, Payless, Sears is about 40 miles. Also lately I'm seeing stores stock fewer styles in large sizes, apparently in favor of more styles.

Hello, I just wonder where you buy your high heels, online or in a shop in the shopping mall.

I am quite chicken, so I buy them online, allthough it is not easy to find nice heels in my size (size 12 US woman, or 44 in europe)

Love to hear your stories.

A heel lover.

Hello fellow Dutch heellover!

I bought a few online but more in a shop.

Buying in a shop is so much better, it's so much fun to try on different pairs of shoes.

I bought shoes so far in Stravers in Amsterdam and Sillhouette in Rotterdam.

In both stores they don't blink an eyelid when guys by shoes with heels.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

well, for my NINE WEST boots, I bought those in NORDSTROMS, but for my DEMONIA boots I bought those online.

While I prefer the instant gratification of a store purchase, and I also like to at least have the opportunity to try them on, I would likely buy a lot of shoes on line because the large sizes are more readily available than in the stores. However, as my wife is unaware of my heeling, having them sent to the house is not an option. Further, I would need some type of credit card that she wouldn't have knowledge of (though I suppose I can get something like an AMEX gift card). So it is almost always in store!

RonC, I have to drag you into Nordstrom Rack which is the Disneyland of shoe shopping and is known for carrying sizes through 12 and sometimes 13! Whether we go there in heels or not we should go because it is a great place to get sexy shoes in classic and cutting-edge styles for not too much money unless you buy some designer shoes. The Nordstrom company is very LGBT friendly and is a known leader in one-on-one customer service. There is one on Lake-Cook Rd. at US41 and another at Woodfield, those are the two closest to you. There is also a regular Nordstrom's in Old Orchard and at Woodfield but the prices are much higher there for first-run shoes. HappyinHeels:wavey:

Depends on the brand. Depends on the model, and the occasion. Here we have an old saying which translates for something like this "opportunity is bold and you have to grab her by the hair."

I buy, usually at the brand's store, or at the outlet of a brand store. If I see something I like, experience told me that waiting for the sale can be a miss. And a miss is as good as a mile.

In the Net I went to the retail stores that ship international. Net-a-Porter, The Outnet, Empatic NYC.

I never bought at e-bay or that type of places.

i ve bought most of my shoes online. I can relax when buying online whereas i feel a bit nervous (and sometimes embarrassed) when buying in a store. :)

I have bought some high heels on-line and I'm happy to say with only one exception, have had good luck. But the majority of the high heels I own I have gone into a store, tried them on, and bought them there. Being able to try them on at the point of a possible purchase has worked for me and I feel most comfortable.

RonC,

I have to drag you into Nordstrom Rack which is the Disneyland of shoe shopping and is known for carrying sizes through 12 and sometimes 13! Whether we go there in heels or not we should go because it is a great place to get sexy shoes in classic and cutting-edge styles for not too much money unless you buy some designer shoes. The Nordstrom company is very LGBT friendly and is a known leader in one-on-one customer service. There is one on Lake-Cook Rd. at US41 and another at Woodfield, those are the two closest to you. There is also a regular Nordstrom's in Old Orchard and at Woodfield but the prices are much higher there for first-run shoes.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

Happy, I have been in the Rack stores many times, and have tried on shoes there as well. These days, they tend to have an awful lot of platform styles, which I know you prefer but I do not. Last time I was there it seemed as if the non-platforms were all quite conservative (i.e. low heels) and anything with a heel was a platform. I have never tried on shoes at a full Nordstrom store, but I know that management is accepting and I believe they are actually willing to allow you to use a back room if desired. Actually, my favorite Rack store these days is one that is in Naperville. They have gone to having the shoes in boxes rather than the single shoe set-up still found in some palces, and the larger sizes are rather isolated in the store, so it is often fairly quite in the size 12 racks. I have wondered if they did that on purpose!

Nordstrom's Rack in Oak Brook, Il now displays both shoes instead of the single shoe, then go to the counter to get the other partner. While this is nice to have, the shelves do get messy. Also like it that they still have US 12 and 13 sizes. For those guys with US size 14 feet, they sometimes stock these sizes. Although these size 14 shoes may not be as nice looking as the smaller sizes.

Buy mine from shops.Always used the girlfriend story,now I ask for the size I want and ask if I can try them on.All the sales girls are normally fine with it so I always go back to those stores.

I've bought both online and stores. I have yet to try on heels at a sit down store (though I've been feeling more into going for it. After reading testimonials here it's been inspiring). I have been able to try at self service stores no problem. Seems like lately I haven't found anything I've liked to buy at the stores. As far as online, eBay is my go-to. There's heels I can find from previous seasons not available in stores anymore that I wasn't able to get then. There are a couple of pairs that are eluding me due to price (i.e, Christian Louboutin Decoltissimo 100 in navy patent, and Jimmy Choo Disco, black peep toe pump with cross straps over the top of the foot). Sizing's not an issue for me as I can find what I like no problems.

It depends on a few factors. I buy from shops if the shoes speak to me or the shop has a sale on. I buy mostly from Ebay as you can grab some seriously cheap bargains there.

I just bought the attached Carvela/Kurt Geiger shoes on Ebay for £15. They ended at a silly My girlfriend will wear them a few times and then we'll re sell them on Ebay.

I also peruse the online shops and buy shoes in the sales.

I've hardly ever bought full priced shoes as I don't see the point as by waiting a little you can almost always get the same shoe for half price. I buy quite a few pairs and wear then until Im bored of the and sell them on Ebay and usually make a profit or a very small loss.

Oh I'm a UK 7 or 8 EU 40 or 41 so I can buy anything the shops are willing to sell.

For the most part if I like a style I need to jump at the opportunity and pay full price for it as my size American 12, tends to not last long in stock. They just do not make as many that size as size 8 for example. Though have on occasion picked up a great deal on closeout in 12.

classic style high heel boots

I have bought and tried on in stores as well as purchased online but more online than in person. I would love to have a Nortstroms near me. They sound great and their on line selection is a mainstay for me.

classic style high heel boots

I live 3-4 blocks away from a Macy's, I think I am the reason they rarely have many size 9-10ish shoes or boots that I go zomg over. That said, I also live close enough to the mall of america. SOOOOOO many shoe stores there. I've shattered many salesgirls perceptions of guys in heels. Specifically at the steve madden store for some reason, never seem to get more than a "here you go freak" response from one of their clerks. But, I have bought lots of shoes online too, just annoying finding out that say size 10 is huge, or that size 10 is scaled to garden gnomes with a few shoes. Meh.

While I have many malls within the vicinity, primarily Ebay or Amazon online is where most of them come from; you can't beat the variety, you will 95% (compared to 40% @ malls) of finding your size, and you most likely can get points towards purchases as you would at any local reseller.:)