Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Iloveboots -

Yeah, I’ve been a slacker about posting.

I’m not 365/7/24, more like 100/1.5/4. Most of the time I get to go out any more is one day a weekend.

"It is so cool to see someone being themselves and having fun while doing so....the secret to a long life without all those pent up stresses."

Thank you for the justification for wearing thigh boots in public. I suspect your more correct than I ever imagined.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, TBG, I continue to admite your devotion, wearing boots in this miserably sticky hot weather. I wouldn't even think about putting on boots until October or November. You are ccertainly one of a kind, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at Sam’s last night wearing jeans and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The shopping was non eventful. I wandered through the store and got very few reactions at all. In the parking lot, as I was loading my car, a lady walked by and gave a bit of an “Oh” exclamation and said “Those are cute boots”. I beamed back a smile and said, “Why, thank you.” She returned my smile and she and her daughter went on to their car. Now, I’m willing to take any complement I get but “cute” wasn’t the first thing I had in mind but I wasn’t about to argue the point. It made for a fun outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

well thighbootguy, thats the kind of response that I love as well whenever I go out in my heels (knee-high NINE WEST or DEMONIA that is) good to hear it was fun! for out here where I live (so calif-south orange county) its been too hot & humid to wear any kind of boots.

Now, I’m willing to take any complement I get but “cute” wasn’t the first thing I had in mind but I wasn’t about to argue the point. It made for a fun outing.

Now, now, TBG! Let's not be picky! Compliments are compliments! I wouldn't mind being called cute myself when out and about in heels! Heh!

I stopped at Sam’s Friday night wearing a knit shirt, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.. Other than the fact it was too hot to wear boots outside for very long, the trip was a non event. I received a friendly greeting at the door and had a nice chat with the register clerk. Other than that I raised no attention as I wandered through the store or the parking lot. I very nice outing.

I stopped at Sam’s Friday night wearing a knit shirt, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels..

Other than the fact it was too hot to wear boots outside for very long, the trip was a non event.

Well, how about Saturday? It was in the upper 90's here in Pennsylvania, I'm sure it must've been equally sticky and steamy in your neck of the woods too. No doubt you can't wait for fall to arrive when it'll be more comfortable for boots.

Went shopping at Sam’s for tires this morning. I was wearing jeans and thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The guys at the tire center didn’t seem to care too much what I was wearing as long as I bought tires. And , yes, I did stand around while they worked on my car. I did get one double take from a lady that was walking by but that was the extent of the reactions. As I was checking out, there was an empty checkout line and the checkout clerk waved me over. She said, “I haven’t seen you in for a while and was wondering if you had started shopping somewhere else.” “I’m normally in on Friday nights.” “Oh, I’m part time and just hadn’t seen you”. “Well, one thing about wearing these, your memorable.” We both laughed. As I was leaving the guy at the door said,” See you got your boots fixed.” (Some time back I was in not wearing boots and commented to him that I had broken the zipper). “Yeah, I did.” “You’ve go two or three pair of them don’t you?” “Five or six actually.” We bid each other a good day. After that I went to a Pet supermarket to by cat litter. I’m not sure what was going on but there were lots of folks sitting on the floor with their pets. I think it was a “free to a good home” day. Anyway, the key phrase is they were sitting on the floor. I did get a couple of looks when I walked by. Other than that, no one paid any attention. It was a good outing.

I'm on a work related trip. I elected to drive from Cincinnati Ohio to Mahwah New Jersey. I didn't take too much longer in total travel time than flying and I enjoy driving more than flying. I travel in jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. After ridding for a couple of hours, I stopped at a rest stop just to stretch and get a drink of water. I got a glance or two but that was all. I stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch and the staff didn’t even raise an eyebrow. A couple of the other diners gave a second glance but that was it. After I ordered and was waiting for my meal, I walked out of the dinning room to the rest room. While I was in there another guy came in and there was a quick look of surprise on his face but he has thing to do also and went about his business. As I washed my hands, I was reminded that I now stood 6’5” which may be a little imposing. I went back to my table and enjoyed my meal. When I went to the register, again the staff didn’t even seem to notice. As I walked out to the car I noticed one guy turning his head. I found I really did feel like I was just wearing a good looking pair of boots and not doing anything extraordinary and that was the image I presented. I stopped for gas and the guy at the pump behind me didn’t even look twice. A couple hours later I stopped at an interstate rest stop to use the rest room. It was much the same as the Cracker Barrel, no one seemed to be bothered. Since this was a business trip, I changed into flats before I went into the hotel and went to dinner with my co-workers. The work we are doing allows casual dress so I’m working in jeans and blue leather boots with 2” heels and I’m wearing them under my jeans. By the way, I forgot to mention I also have a pair of leather driving gloves with me. Ok, so there shoulder length, but I wore them while I was driving. It looks like I’ll be on my own for dinner tonight so I’ll get to wear my thigh boots for dinner. This might be a fun trip.

I did make it out to dinner wearing my thigh boots. I walked into the restaurant and just got a couple of glances. I was seated, had fair meal, and left. That’s really all there was to it. None of the other diners seemed to either notice or, is they did notice, they didn't seem to care. Maybe the fact that I’m in New Jersey has something to do with the reactions I don’t get.

You just always amaze me TBG... You do mention one of the things I enjoy most about wearing a significant heel. That is, you get to tower over people. 5" heels elevate the top of my head to a bit over 6'8", and today at the bank cue I happened to behind a rather short hispanic woman - well under 5' tall - the top of her head is mid belly! In my more discrete fashion preference, no one seemed to even notice the heels. This reminds me, I have some new leather heels I was wearing, today. It seems to take 20 or more hours of wearing to "break-in" the heels until the become totally comfortable - do you have any ways to speed the process up that doesn't hurt a leather shoe?

We had an unreal work 4 days which included two 24hiur shifts so there wasn’t too much time for booting around.

When I did go out I wore jeans, a short sleeved knit shirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. All the rest of the time, while I was working, I wore blue leather boots with a 2” heel under my jeans.

At work, while I was sitting back from a table with my legs crossed so that me ankle was resting over my knee, the guy next to me asked if the heel on my cowboy boots was comfortable. I said they were and that they weren’t really cowboy boots, they were a little taller than that. He continued to refer to them as cowboy boots. I don’t think he was ready to accept that a guy would be wearing anything other than cowboy boots.

I did manage to go to lunch at the same diner. This time when I walked in there were two ladies sitting on a bench by the front door. As I walked by them they gave me a smile but I got to see them in a reflection from the front door and they really were staring in disbelief/amazment/amusment…

In the restaurant I got a nice smile from one of the waitresses but other than that you would think guys walked in wearing thigh boots all the time. Both of the dinning experiences at this restaurant were miserable because of the way the management treated the staff. I found the constant bickering and carping (in front of the customers) disturbing but it may just be a local custom because the place was busy.

On the trip home, driving from 50 miles west of New York to Cincinnati, I wore my boots. I stopped at several interstate rest stops and used the rest room at each one. At one stop there was a row of guys using the urinals and I walked in and used an open one. No one said a word.

I stopped at two Cracker Barrel restaurants, for breakfast and lunch, and several folks noticed but I had an enjoyable meal at both. Every once in a while I’d hear a snicker or two but a glance in the direction with an “Oh, what’s the joke?” look on my face seemed to convey the message that I wasn’t embarrassed at a all.

I also stopped at a Bob Evans and was ignored by the staff. I don’t think this had anything to do with my boots, it was just bas service. I walked out and went to a Cracker Barrel.

There were a couple of stops for gas which were also non events.

The trip was just a long drive in a good looking pair of boots.

tallguyinheels –

Being 6’5” at a urinal was a different experience too.

Sunday I went to the museum and the thrift emporium wearing a T-shirt, white shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

Both trips were uneventful. The folks at the museum greeted me like an old friend. There was a new person at one of the front desks that really lit up when she saw me (must have been my boots). At the thrift store there were a few giggles, but that’s par for the course.

On the way home I stopped at a gas station I had never been to before. The place was packed. Many folks didn’t even notice what I had on. One guy at the next pump seemed to disapprove but he didn’t say anything.

Just another outing in good looking boots.

iibb –

Those chap boots are great. I have a pair but I had to have the heel lowered ½” to be able to walk in them. I hope the dog appreciated the walk. 8)

I stopped in Biggs (large grocery) after work last night. I hadn’t been in the store for months and the personnel had changed. I was wearing light colored slacks, and a long sleeved dress shirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. Contrast is what attracts attention and light slacks in black thigh boots makes for contrast. Even at that, many folks didn’t notice or they chose to ignore me. I didn’t get any gawking or comments as I walked through the store. At the checkout there was a young lady who had never seen me before and she gave me a cool reception. She had on a new pair of glasses so after she gave me my change I said, “The glasses work well.” “What?” (She thought I had asked “Do your glasses work well”) and she gave me a very puzzled look. “Those glasses look very well on you.” “Oh,.thank you.” and she blossomed with a big smile. I think I dispelled her notion that the guy in thigh boots was a real weirdo, at least he could give a complement. It was a fun shopping trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to take another trip from Cincinnati to Portsmouth O. yesterday. I wore a dark short sleeved knit shirt, black exercise pants (not tight bit a lot of stretch) and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

This is a another trip similar to the one I wrote about in http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/141490-post142.html '> two very different outings, except this time I didn’t bother with the skirt.

I stopped at the same gas station where I was nervous the last time and I felt just fine this time.

I stopped at a Lowe’s hardware store I had never been in before. There were a few looks of surprise on the faces of the staff but they were all courteous and helpful. There were a couple of muffled comments made by other customers that thought I was completely out of hearing range. There were also two guys that must have really had a problem with a guy in heels. One of the guys had a cell phone camera 8) and was smirking to the other guy over the picture. As I walked by them I commented, “Most people are polite enough to ask first.” Neither of them said anything. The other guy of the pair had his shirt on inside out but I didn’t bother to mention it to him.

One other lady saw me walking toward her and I saw her look me over and take a second look at my boots then she just shook her head and gave me a smile.

I also stopped in a Goodwill that was in the area but it was a non event.

On the way home the temperature reached the 90s and that was too warm to wear thigh boots for long.

All in all it was a nice trip

I’m on a weeklong business trip (attending a class) which means I get to wear boots on all occasions! When I arrived at the hotel, I walked in wearing jeans, short sleeved knit shirt, and white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The guy that was registering in front of me didn’t even raise an eyebrow. After I registered, I asked the clerk if my boots would be a problem, and stepped back from the counter so he could see them. He said, “Not at all.” I went on to my room and rode up the elevator with another male guest who also didn’t even bat an eye. The same thing happened a few minutes later on another trip from the lobby with two ladies on the elevator. In class the first day I wore my blue leather boots with 2” block heels under my jeans. The second day I wore a black faux suede pair with 3” block heels. I don’t think I will wear them over my jeans for class. Last night for dinner, I walked in to a Longhorn Steak House with my white thigh boots. I didn’t detect anyone noticing at all, or at least paying much attention. The hostess and waitress seemed to take a guy in thigh boots in stride (sorry about that). I’m about ready to head to dinner at the hotel wearing my blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The registration clerk said the hotel was booked full so this may be more interesting.

Well, dinner turned out to be a non event (which is a good thing). I wore a black satin blouse, olive stretch slacks, a blue jacket that matched my boots and my blue thigh boots. I walked down the hall with a lady on the same floor I’m on. She was suffering from a broken ankle and was having a tough time walking. I held the elevator for her and she commented that my long hair looked nice. Not a work about my boots though. At dinner I wandered into the dining room and served myself (buffet dinner). Some noticed but no reactions at all except the hostess who gave me a quick look over and a smile. After dinner I drove to the local Wall-Mart and wandered through the store then found a Payless and went in and looked around. The folka at Payless wanted to know where I had gotten my boots. I asked her if the boots were too much and she hesitated and said “They don’t really work with that outfit.” “What would you do different?’ “The pants don’t work. The green and the blue don’t work well together.” I thanked her for the advice and drove back to the hotel. She is absolutely right about the color mismatch but I wasn’t quite ready to venture out in the skirt that matches the jacket. I think that will be next. Oh well I really do have to do some studying while I’m here so that means pulling on a comfortable pair of thigh boots, a short leather skirt and curling up in an arm chair with a good tech manual.

Breakfast in boots… what a great way to start the day! I want down to breakfast wearing a white knit shirt, jeans, white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and a black jacket. I’m finding that wearing a jacket seems to take the edge off the look of a guy/gal in thigh boots. It makes the look a little more formal even with the jeans. I met a couple of folks in the hall and they were courteous and didn’t bat an eye. One guy at breakfast seemed more curious (as in what the h…) but went on with his breakfast. The hostess was very polite as if everybody wore boots to breakfast. I went back to the buffet several times to no ones notice. This is turning out to be a fun trip.

After Class I decided to go out for dinner rather than eat at the hotel. I dawned a white turtleneck, mid thigh black leather shirt, black hose, and white thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I wasn’t too sure about going down to the lobby and I had parked my car in the back of the hotel so I headed out that way. I walked from the third floor, down the elevator and out of the building and didn’t run into anyone. First I went to a Marconi Grill for dinner. As always the biggest step was getting out of the car but I really like this look and went for it. When I walked in the manager did a polite double take and then welcomed me to the restaurant. I asked him, “Is this too much?” He said, “Not at all!” The hostess seated me in a booth and was all smiles. The only thing I wish I had notices was that the table cloth at on the table in the boots went almost all the way to the floor on the outside of the boots. That meant I was the only one that could see that I has on boots. I don’t think it was intentional; it was just the way it was. After dinner I thanked the manager and hostess for making me feel at home and commented that not everybody does. The manager appreciated the comment and the hostess gave me a serious look of sympathy accompanied by an “Ahh”. I thought I would go back to the Payless again to see if the clerk had a different opining about black and white. She was not on duty but a different clerk was there. I asked her, “Is this too much for this area?” She just waved her hand at me and said, “Nah, not at all.” She was paying a little attention to me so I asked, “What would you do different?” “What kind of look do you want?” “Oh a little formal.” “I wouldn’t change anything, you looks nice.” “What about black boots?” She considered it and said, “No the white ones look better. They go with the white turtleneck.” We bid each other a good evening. I stopped at a CVS pharmacy and another Payless. Both were non events and I’m starting to feel more comfortable all the time. I drove back to the hotel in time for dinner and went in and had a small salad. The hostess greeted me again and said, “I saw you leaving earlier and didn’t know if you were coming back for dinner.” I think she is amazed/fascinated/amused (who knows) by a guy wandering around in a skirt and thigh boots. Oh well it’s study time again.

post-928-133522846932_thumb.jpg

Another breakfast in boots and another, fortunately, non-event. I wore a black T-shirt, dark olive stretch slacks, and black pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. No one seems to care.

Bubba136 –

Thanks for the kind words and your preaching to the choir about being mentally comfortable. It may be that you can be nuts and comfortable with it, I’m still thinking about that one.

Johnieheel –

Thanks for the kind words.

© 2007 Tighbootguy. The following photograph appearing on this site is the property of Thighbootguy. It is protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Thighbootguy. Copyright 2007 Thighbootguy. All Rights Reserved.

post-928-133522846946_thumb.jpg

post-928-13352284695_thumb.jpg

I took a lunch break from class today and pulled on a pair of black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos and went to Uno’s for lunch. I walked in and was seated in a booth in the bar area. I really don’t think anyone noticed what I was wearing. I had lunch and then went to Wal-Mart. There I bought a pair of black hose. At the checkout I asked the register clerk, “If these were too much for this area?” She didn’t understand what I meant and I indicated my boots. She looked at them and said, “I didn’t even notice them.” Someone else was in line so she went on to the next customer. In the car I switched back to my faux suede boots with 3” block heels that I wear under my slacks and drove back to class. Tonight is the last night of my trip so I pushed things a little farther for dinner. I put on the new black hose, a black long sleeved blouse that has some Lycia in the cloth, a short tan skort, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I went to dinner at Marconi Grill again. There was a different hostess there tonight so I asked again if the way I was dressed was Ok. She just smiled and said “Sure, that fine.” And lead me to a table. This time the table cloth was short enough that my boots were in plain view. My waitress was very friendly and after ordering, I commented that I was surprised at how my dressing like I was taken in stride, like it happened all the time. I asked if anyone else ever came in like I was dressed? She took a second look at my boots and skort and said, “I’ve never seen anyone else come in like that but I just take people as they come.” We chatted a little more about how other folks in the area might react and then she went on to another table. I had a light dinner because I wanted to go down to the dinner at the hotel. Back at the hotel, I changed into a blue suit (skirt and jacket), and my blue thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed down to the lobby. There were very few folks there and they were more interested in their food than a guy in a skirt and boots. After dinner, the hostess was at the registration counter with the evening clerk and I thanked them for letting me dress like I was. The both seemed to appreciate the comment and said it was no problem. JeffB has pegged me as being a bit of an exhibitionist and I think he is most likely correct. It’s about time to hit the books again. © 2007 Tighbootguy. The following photographs appearing on this site is the property of Thighbootguy. It is protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Thighbootguy. Copyright 2007 Thighbootguy. All Rights Reserved.

post-928-133522846998_thumb.jpg

post-928-1335228470_thumb.jpg

One last breakfast in boots. © 2007 Tighbootguy. The following photographs appearing on this site is the property of Thighbootguy. It is protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of Thighbootguy. Copyright 2007 Thighbootguy. All Rights Reserved.

post-928-133522847005_thumb.jpg

TBG: Sounds like you had a most interesting adventure. Your outing in your favorite outfits certainly made for engrossing reading. What I found intriguing was how you were able to go here and there in your boots and a skirt without causing a scene, but then, that sort of thing rarely if ever happens anyway. Ninety-nine percent of people one encounters have manners and other than a look here and a double take there wouldn't think of raising a stink. As for your outfits, not bad, not bad at all, you know how to put yourself together, and as long as you look your best, you won't cause a ruckus. In any event, it appears you're growing more comfortable in your outings, and that's definitely a good thing. I for one hope to read more of your exploits.

Elegant and JeffB, thanks for the comments.

After class I was very tired and I still had a two hour drive ahead of me so I just kept on my blue leather boots with 2” block heels and drove back home. On the way I stopped at my favorite thrift emporium just to see what was there. I did go in wearing my blue boots over my jeans rather than under, as I had worn them in class.

Like I said I was really tired and didn’t feel like staying very long, but I saw a pair of boots way back on a shelf that looked kind of nice. I pulled them out and found they were black leather with a square toe, a 2” large block heel, and a side zipper. The top of the shaft is 18” from the ground. Then I saw they were size 12W and on sale for $1.50 (one dollar and fifty cents). I didn’t even bother trying them on because I was sure I could wear them.

When I got them home I found they were Italian with a leather lining. These are the best made pair of boots I own and are very comfortable. What a great homecoming present.

Jeff -

I was frankly surprised at the reactions I didn’t get. In the mall there were a few snickers but most folks really seemed to not care how I was dressed and they were willing to give me my space as long as I didn’t intrude on theirs. Like the lady in the bookstore said when I asked her if the way I was dressed was too much, “You can dress how you like.”

In the past I have been concerned that the Thighbootguy persona was taking over and I pulled back from wearing boots, heels, ... On this trip, however, I really didn’t feel any of that. I was just dressing as I liked and going out and enjoying myself. I really felt like I was in control of what I was doing. (Unless you have experienced loosing control of yourself, you may not appreciate how important that last statement is.) I was just taking advantage of the situation of being away from home and in a tolerant community. It really was a great trip and I will remember it for a long time.

The top of the shaft is 18” from the ground. Then I saw they were size 12W and on sale for $1.50 (one dollar and fifty cents). I didn’t even bother trying them on because I was sure I could wear them.

For 1 Euro ~ $1.41 I would buy almost everything. I were glad to find a 2-kg-sack of potatoes for "only" 1 Euro. The world has become completely crazy ...

micha (*a severe potato addicted*)

PS One pair of high heels instead of my daily meal? I'm not Charly Chaplin. Shoe soles are a poor nourishment especially if they are made from PVC

The best fashion is your own fashion!