Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG: Good heavens! How can you go on wearing thigh highs when it's so hot out? It was in the low 90's in my neck of the woods yesterday and it felt miserable. UGH! I must say I admire your steadfastness to wear your boots when and where you want. My hat's off to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB -

It's like I told the clerk, the shorts really helped. :smile:

By the way, I'm glad to note that your mood is happy.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had an enjoyable outing this afternoon.

Wow, that's quite a story! I'm sure that there are many others in this thread, and eventually I'll sit down to read all 133 pages of it.

I've worn boots out in public a little bit now-- so far, so good (will maybe write about that later, elsewhere). Wore my new tiger-striped metal stiletto heels to a discount clothing chain (Ross Dress for Less) yesterday morning, but chickened out:unsure:, went down to my car, and put my trainers back on (there were no negative reactions, it was just a bit too much exposure this early in the game). I'm not worried though, I'll get comfortable with it all eventually.

Metalspikes -

I was teasing/playing with you, actually, but you raise some good points:

A 5” heel is just about my limit.

Me too, and especially if I am to be on my feet for any length of time. I've had experience with only one pair from Leatherworks, but I have to say that they are so well balanced that at 5.5" they are easier to walk in than some 4" heels I've tried.

I really prefer leather boots over man made materials and I have never been a fan of the two toned styles.

Those come in leather and suede as well as patent (BTW their patent is real leather, not PU), and may also be available in "self" (all one) -colored. They keep an inventory but also make their shoes to order, so it may be possible to request variations.

The needle point on the heel would also give me problems since I walk a lot on hardwood floors.

Mmmmm...:smile: To quote an oft-repeated comment on this board, "Why should the women have all the fun?" They don't seem to have any problems with wearing their metal spikes anywhere they like!

I’m Ok with the height of the boots and kind of neutral on the side lacing. I think I would prefer either front or back rather than side.

They offer that, but I don't think any of the front or back lacers go "all the way up."

And then there is the price... there a little lout of my range.

Tell me about it...:wavey: That is the major impediment to my ordering, like, about 2/3rds of their range. Our current miserable exchange rates don't help matters much, either...:sad:

JeffB -

It's like I told the clerk, the shorts really helped. :smile:

By the way, I'm glad to note that your mood is happy.

TBG

Hey! If I manage to wake up every morning, I'm happy! HA!

Ah, yes! The shorts. Yeah, they certainly do make all the difference! Double HA!

I've posted another video:

I haven't been able to get the site referenced in the image to respond.:smile:

Hi Thighbootguy, the picture belongs to a brazilian super-model, unfortunatelly it's not a store. You can find more information about her here and in portuguese here.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

On the way home tonight I stopped at Home Depot and Bigg’s wearing my high wasted denim shorts with ½“ inseam, a long sleeved dress shirt with sleeves at ¾ length, and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. Like I’ve mentioned before the boots and shorts make a striking combination. There is about 9” between the hem of the shorts and the top of the boots where my leg s are exposed and there is a major color contrast. Black boots on blue jeans are almost not noticed.

In Bigg’s a couple of folks gave a second glance but no one seemed upset or said anything. There was one couple that made a point of getting in a different checkout line (that had more people in the line) rather than getting in the line I was in. Whatever... it happen. As I was leaving the store four young teen guys walked in and seemed to be having respiratory problems if the coughing and funny noises they were making were any indication. I didn’t even acknowledge their existence.

At Home Depot I walked across the parking lot where several guys were helping a customer load stuff into the back of a pickup truck. I was expecting at least a glance but I don’t think they even noticed. In the store, I asked one clerk where the item I wanted was and he either really didn’t know or he did deal with a guy in thigh boots. I found another clerk who directed me to the right isle. I was standing contemplating my choices when another clerk went out of his way to ask if he could help me. We spent several minutes going over options before I made my choice.

At the register you would have thought that guys come in wearing thigh boots all the time.

It was a fun shopping trip even at 85F.

Flavio -

I did find a lot of information on the model. Thanks for the additional link. The picture isn’t of a high enough resolution to read the text.

sebseb34 -

Looks like someone deleted the post but the picture of the boots was awesome.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I stopped at Sam’s Club on the way home last night wearing my high wasted denim shorts, a short sleeved knit shirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I was earlier than normal and the staff that was on duty had never seen me before. The guy at the front door checking Ids looked surprised (eyes got big and he looked me over) as I walked in but he still managed to say, “Good afternoon”. There were fewer people in the store so maybe it was easier to notice me but I did turn several heads. The comments I overheard were more of surprise and/or amusement (“Well look at that”) than denigrating. I only needed a few things but I took my time getting them. I overheard a couple of other good natured comments while I was in the checkout line. It may be that there were just fewer people in the store and it was quieter that allowed me to overhear the comments. I only heard one giggle and that was the most negative thing I heard. At the register, the clerk had never seen me before and I saw her give e a quick look and then put on a neutral face. I helped the lady in front of me get some boxes for her stuff and she thanked me for the help. When I got to the register I said, “You look like you don’t like these.” and indicated my boots. “Well whatever floats your boat.” Her name tag read Jaclyn and I commented that I had never seen that name without the “q” “u” “e”. She blossomed and said “Yeah, I’m glad I have the short spelling.” and was smiling. I was leaving and indicated my boots and said, “They really are fun.” and got a big smile and a wish for a good evening in return. It was a nice shopping trip. One thing I have noticed is that I expend a lot of energy paying attention to what/who is around me when I’m wearing thigh boots in public especially if it’s someplace new (or the people are unknown). Seems like I work harder at not being complacent than I had realized. By the time I get home, I’m really tired and walking on heels isn’t the cause. I’m mentally exhausted. That may be part of the cost of wearing thigh boots in public but like my grandmother used to say, “If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler”.

I stopped at the Goodwill (thrift store) today and they had clothing on sale for 50% off. I spotted a kaki skort (shorts under a skirt) that was only 11” from the waist to the hem (short). I was wearing a baseball hat of the same color and thought “why not”. The skort was $2. I stopped in Sam’s on the way home and went in wearing the skort, a blue dress shirt with sleeves at ¾ length, my hat, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I have often complained that no one noticed when I wore my boots but that wasn’t the case tonight. Most folks did at least a double take. I didn’t have too much time so I got my stuff and headed for the register. The clerk had seen me many times before and we have chatted often but tonight I got the impression that she thought I had pushed the envelope a little too far. The skort really is short and it makes the black boots really stand out in contrast to my skin. It may be too short for the tall boots. Right now I’m wearing it with knee high black stretch fabric boots and it is one of the most comfortable things I have ever worn. As I said, I have often complained about not being noticed. I think I should consider being careful about what I wish for. :smile:

One thing I have noticed is that I expend a lot of energy paying attention to what/who is around me when I’m wearing thigh boots in public especially if it’s someplace new (or the people are unknown). Seems like I work harder at not being complacent than I had realized. By the time I get home, I’m really tired and walking on heels isn’t the cause. I’m mentally exhausted.

I've had pretty much the same experience, especially the one time I've worn my boots grocery shopping. I am very consciously on "high alert" so as to avoid trouble before it can start (or to be ready to cope with it if it does). What "mindspace" isn't given over to those concerns is involved in experiencing intensely the sensations and feelings of walking in heels. I hope it never becomes something that I wind up taking for granted, even after the novelty wears off.

That may be part of the cost of wearing thigh boots in public but like my grandmother used to say, “If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler”.

It's the cost to anyone who wants to dance to a different tune...

One thing I have noticed is that I expend a lot of energy paying attention to what/who is around me when I’m wearing thigh boots in public especially if it’s someplace new (or the people are unknown). Seems like I work harder at not being complacent than I had realized. By the time I get home, I’m really tired and walking on heels isn’t the cause. I’m mentally exhausted. That may be part of the cost of wearing thigh boots in public but like my grandmother used to say, “If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler”.

I found that most curious, TBG. Given all your outings, I would have thought that after all this time, complacency is pretty much second nature to you, like breathing. I mean, it takes a hell of a lot of gumption to wear thigh boots in the first place, especially at this time of year when it's hot as blazes. Still, I understand the importance of being aware of your surroundings and the people in them, I do the same, but I don't stand out in pumps partially hidden by long pants as you do, being exposed for the world to see in your boots. That's why I admire you so much for being so bold in your public heeling.

I found that most curious, TBG. Given all your outings, I would have thought that after all this time, complacency is pretty much second nature to you, like breathing.

I think you answer your own question, Jeff:

I mean, it takes a hell of a lot of gumption to wear thigh boots in the first place, especially at this time of year when it's hot as blazes. Still, I understand the importance of being aware of your surroundings and the people in them, I do the same, but I don't stand out in pumps partially hidden by long pants as you do, being exposed for the world to see in your boots. That's why I admire you so much for being so bold in your public heeling.

So do I, and I suspect plenty of others here do, as well. Nothing like that "Wow, if he can do that, then I can certainly do..." sort of encouragement.

JeffB -

There have been several times recently, when I have been out wearing my boots, that I have been so absorbed in what I was doing that I actually forgot I was wearing boots with heels. Really! It helped that the folks around me seemed to be comfortable with what I was wearing and the situation was very relaxed. I really have become very comfortable wearing then in public.

Having said that, thigh boots with 5” stilettos still isn’t footwear that guys are normally seen wearing (gals either for that matter). There are folks that take exception to people dressing too far outside of what they think is acceptable. I have to keep remembering those folks exist and can create troubling situations. The last thing I want to do is have problems while out and wearing my boots.

When I’m not wearing boots, I don’t normally go to places where I would feel uncomfortable if I were wearing them so it is easy for me to become complacent about wearing them everywhere. For my own safety, I don’t want that to happen so I always try to be aware of the folks around me, especially if I’m someplace I haven’t been to before or the crowd is different than I’m used to.

On another note, I keep recommending looking in a full length mirror before you go out to be sure you are comfortable with what you see. There are times when I am not comfortable wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos no matter where I’m going. At those times it would be easy to be complacent about how I feel/look and go out anyway. That would be a disaster. I really believe that if you aren’t confident with your look, other will pick up on that and take advantage of it.

It will be a while yet before I stop being very aware of the folks around me. The mental effort really is exhausting if you do it for too long. But, this is my game, I don’t have to go out wearing thigh boots, I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t enjoy it, so I’ll put up with being ready for a nap when I get home.

TBG: Good comments, my friend! I also become so absorbed during an outing that I also tend to forget that I'm wearing heels, and since no one ever says anything, even when I'm in a crowded mall, I'm never reminded of that fact. HA! But yes, it's absolutely critical that you be totally comfortable while on an outing, if you're not, you'll give off signs to the world that something's not exactly right, and that's when you'll attract more interest than perhaps you're ready to deal with. But for someone like you who boldly goes where no street heeler has gone before, that being in your thigh boots, you continue to amaze me. I don't know if I can attain that level of amazing chutzpah that you possess.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at Sam’s tonight wearing a short sleeved knit shirt, jeans and black thighboots with 5” stilettos. When I walked in I was greeted warmly by several of the staff. As I was shopping one of the staff called out a greeting to me from several yards away. Most of the shoppers didn’t seem bothered one way or the other. There was one exception, as I was walking bast the lines at the registers one young girl really laughed abnormally. I think she embarrassed her mother who returned my smile. When I got to the register where the clerk knew me well, I commented that you never know what will strike someone as funny. She laughed and agreed with me. As I was walking out, two other register clerks threw me a smile and a wave. In the parking lot, a car pulled up by me as I was loading my car, and two girls asked me where I had gotten my boots and commented that they looked great. We chatted for a few minutes until a car queued up behind them. All in all it was a really nice outing.

TBG: I'm still amazed that you're going out and about in your thigh boots. We just got over consecutive days in the mid 90's, I wouldn't even think about thinking about wearing boots at this time of year. You continue to amaze me, my friend.

JeffB -

Fortunately the high temperature around here has been in the mid 80s so thigh boots are not uncomfortable. The mornings and evenings are much cooler. I agree that the 90’s are too warm for thigh boots. Also consider that I am really only out in the warmth while I’m in the parking lot, going to and from the store. Sam’s is air conditioned.

I had forgotten to mention in my last post that I also stopped at a Walgreen’s drug store after going to Sam’s. I had to walk through the store looking for stuff and eventually ask where things were shelved. No one seemed too put out about my boots.

Right now I am mentally contrasting this last outing in jeans with the prior one when I wore a skort. I think the reaction was really different. Folks seem to be willing to put up with a guy in thighboots with heels but when you add a add a short (or skirt) to the mix it seems to push the envelope a little too far (at least for the folks around here). I haven’t decided what, if any, effect that is going to have on what I like to wear.

JeffB -

Fortunately the high temperature around here has been in the mid 80s so thigh boots are not uncomfortable. The mornings and evenings are much cooler. I agree that the 90’s are too warm for thigh boots. Also consider that I am really only out in the warmth while I’m in the parking lot, going to and from the store. Sam’s is air conditioned.

Well, thank goodness for short parking lot walks and air conditioning. Heh! However, the notion of wearing thigh boots in summer is still a difficult concept for me to wrap my mind around. I won't even think about breaking out mine until October at the earliest.

Right now I am mentally contrasting this last outing in jeans with the prior one when I wore a skort. I think the reaction was really different. Folks seem to be willing to put up with a guy in thighboots with heels but when you add a add a short (or skirt) to the mix it seems to push the envelope a little too far (at least for the folks around here). I haven’t decided what, if any, effect that is going to have on what I like to wear.

How odd, that people seem to have more of an issue with a skort than with high heeled thigh boots! Most odd indeed.

yeah, I'd agree that temps in the 90s are too warm for wearing thighboots (I have knee high blade heel boots by NINE WEST with a 4 inch heel, but I only wear THEM when I have the spare time AND the temp. is not TOO hot) & only in the low 70s-high 60s will I wear my OTHER boots, pictured on the left as my avitar (the black ones) as they are not real leather, & dont really breathe that well when compared to real leather.

I stopped at Sam’s tonight without wearing thighboots. When I was in the parking lot, I pulled on my boots over my slacks and zipped up one but when I went to zip up the other one, the zipper split. I wasn’t about to try walking in those boots with a failed zipper. Anyway, I went in wearing a short sleeved shirt and tan slacks and flat shoes. The greeter noticed things were different (she looked twice) but didn’t say anything. Obviously my shopping got no notice from the other shoppers. At the register, my favorite operator looked three times to see what I was wearing but didn’t say anything. I told her that I had broken a zipper ( I didn’t have to say in what) and she said, “Oh, that’s too bad”. As I was leaving the guy at the door said, “Where’s your boots?” “I broke a zipper.” He didn't miss a beat and said, “I just hate it when that happens.” The comment caught me so off guard I burst out laughing. We bid each other a good evening an I went laughing out into the parking lot. I have since repaired the zipper. Not a good boot outing, but a lot of fun just the same.

TBG: Your latest outing showed how people, once acclimated to something they see on a regular basis (in your case, the thigh boots) can be thrown off-kilter when that ceratin something is suddenly missing from the equation. Most interesting if I do say so myself.

I stopped at Sam’s Club tonight wearing a long sleeved dress shirt, a tan skort, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. It was either the skort or jeans and with temperatures in the lower 80sF the skort won. Thigh boots really feel neat in warm weather when there is a breeze blowing past and into the top of the boots and it cool your leg all the way down to the knee. Anyway, the last time I wore the skort I noticed folks were paying more attention then when I wore jeans and, like the last time, I seemed to offered more amusement for everyone. Tonight was no different. There was no out and out laughing but one lady was having a very difficult time restraining herself. For the most part lots of folks noticed, but only a few were bothered. No one said a thing. I had lots of time so I wandered around a good bit. I was unable to find several items so I went to the service desk to see if the items were still stocked (they weren’t). At the service desk I was treated as any other customer by the staff but several of the customers seemed to take notice. Notice is generated by contrast. Black boots over jeans do not generate the visual contrast that black boots on white legs generates. The second contrast is a guy in a skort compared to a guy in jeans/slacks (as all the other guys were dressed). If I wanted to blend in, I wouldn’t have been wearing boots and a skort. After Sam’s I stopped and pumped a tank of gas. No one seemed to care. It was an enjoyable outing.

Sunday was a museum day. I went to the art museum wearing a powder blue short sleeved knit shirt, white shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. There weren’t many cars in the parking lot so I wasn’t expecting a crowd. When I went inside there was a different guard at the front desk (the guard knew me but it wasn’t his normal station) and there were guards I didn’t know throughout the rest of the museum. The crowd was different than I normally encounter. Somehow they seemed, as a group, a little less tolerant than the group that is normally there. Anyway, I had a good time sketching and the sketching was going well. I also chatted with a few of the patrons about some of the paintings. These folks seemed a little surprised that a guy in thigh boots would be able to carry on a conversation. (I think I’m being a little harsh there.) After the museum I stopped at the large thrift emporium and got a lot of the same reaction. No one spoke to me but I did overhear a “What the h---“. The guy ducked around a clothing rack when I turned around. It may have just been me (but I don’t think so) or it could have been the strong contrast the boots presented. I did enjoy the outing, but if they were all like that I might consider another form of fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been out in my thigh boots a couple of times this past week. I had a couple on non event trips to Sam’s where I did get a comment from a lady in the parking lot, “I cant wear those heels.” I returned a smile and said, “Sure you can, it’s just a matter of practice.” She gave me a nice smile and drove off. I did stop at Bigg’s, and I hadn’t been there for a while so there were lots of folks that had never seen a guy in thigh boots before. Seemed like a lot of them took that opportunity to turn and stare. No one said anything but I got a lot of notice. Today it was hot (98F) and I went to my favorite thrift emporium just to look around. The car is air conditioned as is the store sot the only time I was out in the heat was crossing the parking lot, but that was enough. As I was walking in and Old gentleman with a walker saw my boots and commented, “Cool”. There were two elderly ladies that gave me a big smile and commented to each other, “Well, would you look at that.” I returned the smile and said, “There fun.” In the store I overheard several comments from some guys like, “Damn”, and “They got high heels on em to.” After the shopping trip I went to the Museum for an hour or so and had a great time. On the way home, I stopped at a Bourder’s book store I had never been in before and after searching for a book for 20 minutes I left. I then headed for a Barnes and Nobel bookstore where I found the book I was looking for. There were a few glances in both book stores but that was it. The store didn’t care since I was there to spend money. Anyway today was an enjoyable boot day even if it was quite warm.

Good to hear from you TBG, missed your posts the past few weeks. Glad you subscribe to the "Boots 365/24/7" belief as we do. There is never a wrong time of year for high heel Boots. Keep on Bootin'!! It is so cool to see someone being themselves and having fun while doing so....the secret to a long life without all those pent up stresses. Cheers, david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"