Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I didn’t mean to be that hard on the folks with the crimson showing over their collars. Some of the best folks I work with don’t have the social graces to venture out in public but they are great folks just the same. (We hide most of the IT department when company comes).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Today was a museum day. I went over wearing a black T shirt, white shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. It’s starting to get warm (80sF) so my wearing thigh boots outside may start to be limited. However, its air conditioned in the museum so I was quite comfortable. This week the parking lot was almost empty so there were fewer people wandering through the museum. As it turned out, there were some nice folks there today. I walked in and grabbed a stool and headed up to the gallery where I like to start. I notices some volunteers that I didn’t recognize paying attention to me as I went up the stairs. It’s kind of fun when someone notices. :smile: I was sketching from a painting I hadn’t worked from before and wound up chatting with one of the guards and several of the visitors. I wasn’t possible to sit and sketch from this painting so I wound up standing and working. Once I started talking to someone about the painting and the things I was seeing it didn’t seem to matter that I was wearing thigh boots. I moved on to another gallery and when one of the folks I had been talking to came and saw a painting she exclaimed, “Wow!” I said, “It sure is nice to here a Wow for that painting.” She laughed and said, “I was over here last August with my son, and you were here. You must come over here a lot.” “Well, I enjoy it. It’s a lot of fun.” I didn’t ask how she knew it was me. :wavey: In another gallery, two of the guards were down right chatty. We talked about the are and the artist and had a good time. As I was going out, past the 1950 166MM Barachetta Ferrari, I ran in to one of the guards that I have seen many times before. We chatted about the car and he said he had herd the engine had been removed for the display. I said that didn’t make sense and proceeded to walk over to the car and get down on my hands and knees to look under it. The engine was there. It wasn’t until later that I thought about what a guy in thigh boots with stiletto heels looked like pearing under the car. Oh well, it was a fun afternoon.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I’ve had a couple of fun boots days.

Sunday I went to the Art museum again and it was almost a replay to my Saturday trip. I wore a black T shirt, white shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

There was a small crowd that didn’t seemed bothered by a guy in thigh boots. I talked with several of the guests and guards. One of the guards was down right chatty. All the conversations were about the are and not a mention of my boots.

After the museum I changed into the black skort and went to the big thrift emporium I often visit. I spent some time wandering around. A few folks noticed but everyone was polite. As I was leaving two ladies that that were sitting by the front door looked at me and smiled. I overheard one say to the other, “Those are nice boots.” :smile:

In the parking lot I did get an “Oh my God” from one guy that was just getting into his car. I gave him a nod of my cap and drove away.

I then went to a Bigg’s and wandered around looking for stuff. I hadn’t been in this store for a while. Many of the folks in the store noticed but were very polite. One lady, who was with her husband, really wanted to get a look at my boots but couldn’t bring herself to stare.

After that I went to a different Sam’s than I normally frequent. I spent a while looking for my stuff because the layout of the store was different than the one where I normally shop. Again several folks noticed but were polite. As I was leaving, the lady checking folks out of the store asked, “Your friend is not with you today?”

I said, “I have never been in here with anyone before. You must have me confused with someone else.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“You mean there is someone else coming in here wearing these (and indicated my boots)?”

“Yes, there is.”

Really! Well have a good day.”

I took my stuff out to my car, which included ice cream, and then decided I wanted to stop at the liquor store (which is a separate store at this Sam’s). Time being of the essence, I ran over to the store (in 5” heels), got my stuff, and ran back. I do think folks in the lot noticed.

Monday, I went to Portsmouth Ohio to help a friend with some yard work. I wore a gray T shirt, gray long exercise pants and by black thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I stopped at a Goodwill on the way there and wandered around. Again everyone was polite.

I did change into my flat heeled thigh boots for the yard work.

On the way back home I traveled wearing my 5” heels and stopped at Meijer’s. Again everyone was polite.

Bin a fun couple of days.

Crotchboots-m

You may be correct at least as far as the staff is concerned but they still know I’m wearing doots with heels.

see! its already happening, someone else has the guts to wear thighboots, it IS catching on my friends!! kudos!!! (later on today I may go out wearing my NINE WEST blade heel boots! with long flared pants no less)

I went back to the Museum today (if you haven’t guessed I have a few days off of work) and proceeded to entertain myself sketching in the galleries. I was wearing a blue short sleeved knit shirt, white shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The place had a lot of student today. They were running around with assignment sheets looking for the paintings their teachers wanted them to see. Some noticed me but most of them were too involved with their assignment sheets.

I was sketching a Reynolds portrait of a man with his dog when a guy walked up next to me and said, “I think Reynolds liked the dog better than the man.” I didn’t say a word but held up my sketch book and showed him my sketch of the dog (without the man). He took one look and broke out laughing. We chatted for a while about the art.

After sketching in another gallery for a while I decides to quit and walked down the main stairs and to the front of the museum and put my stool back. I went to put my hat on and head out when I realized I didn’t have my hat. I made the trip through the museum to the last gallery at a quick walk, found my hat and made the exit trip again. The guards (even the one in the parking lot) bid me a good day.

There may be more to what crotchboots-m suggested that I thought. I realized that the folks at the museum had really become used to seeing me as “that guy that wears boots”. It has been several years since I was in the museum not wearing them. They really expect to see me wearing them.

After the museum I stopped at the thrift emporium. A couple of folks noticed, I did hear one “Oh my God”, and a bit of laughter, but the best was a guy and his girlfriend (wife?). The guy said, “Hey Diamond, you should get a pair of those!”

She looked at my boots and smiled then said, “Yeah, right.”

I smiled back and said, “There fun.” Which got an even bigger smile form her.

I then walked over to a small grocery in the strip mall. No one batted an eye.

It was a fun outing.

JimC -

Demoniaplatforms -

I will be visiting the new Sam’s more often, but it is a big detour from the one I normally visit.

If that guy wearing the boots is reading this forum, its time to start posting. :smile:

I had a couple of boot related events Friday. The second event was that I want back the Museum for a couple of hours wearing jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and had a good time sketching and chatting with folks. I did walk through the museum to see the new exhibits. This walk was significant because of my first boot event. I was doing some yard work wearing exercise pants and a T shirt with black leather thigh boots with flat heels. I was cutting some tree limbs while I was on a 14’ ladder and managed to take a quick trip to the ground. As it turned out I just bruised some muscles in my back and left leg but it kind of makes me walk a little funny. My friend says that the only thing more dangerous than a guy with a chain saw is a guy with a chin saw on a ladder. I did manage to get the saw to the ground before I started down. I don’t know why but the museum trip didn’t hurt, but I have been hurting all day today and I think I’m going to take advantage of not having much to do and going back to bed.

Hi TBG....

Glad you came out of the fall unscathed!

david

I had a couple of boot related events Friday.

The second event was that I want back the Museum for a couple of hours wearing jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and had a good time sketching and chatting with folks. I did walk through the museum to see the new exhibits. This walk was significant because of my first boot event.

I was doing some yard work wearing exercise pants and a T shirt with black leather thigh boots with flat heels. I was cutting some tree limbs while I was on a 14’ ladder and managed to take a quick trip to the ground. As it turned out I just bruised some muscles in my back and left leg but it kind of makes me walk a little funny. My friend says that the only thing more dangerous than a guy with a chain saw is a guy with a chin saw on a ladder. I did manage to get the saw to the ground before I started down.

I don’t know why but the museum trip didn’t hurt, but I have been hurting all day today and I think I’m going to take advantage of not having much to do and going back to bed.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

My brother took a fall from about that same height and shattered his hip into 8 pieces. Take it easy for a few days, you're very lucky to be able to today. I hear it might get a little chilly, so make sure you keep wearing your boots while indoors :smile:

(formerly known as "JimC")

I'm sorry that happened to you thighbootguy, please be very careful next time (I'm sure that you would without a 2nd thought) but youknow what they say-"**** happens" you just never do know what might happen to you or when, your lucky it wasnt worse. get well soon! yours, Brad

Folks -

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.

My little experiment to see if Newton was right wasn’t quite as bad as it sounded and only resulted in some sore muscles.

I had the ladder resting on a limb and I cut the end of the limb off. That let the limb spring upward about 3” past the end of the ladder. I saw this happed and grabbed the limb and pulled it back down. The chain saw was an electric model so I lowered it to the ground by the cord and made sure it landed well out of the way.

That left me up on the ladder holding the limb that was holding the ladder. One of life’s more embarrassing moments (and that from a guy that wears thigh boots with heels).

I decided to see how quickly I could descend the ladder and made it to about 5 rungs from the bottom before the ladder won the race.

On reflecting on the problem the best solution would have been, after I had lowered the saw to the ground, to loop the cord over the limb and hold the limb in place while I went down the ladder at a slower pace. Ah, so much for hind sight ... but I’ll know what to do next time. :smile:

I’m in Chicago (Oakbrook Terrace) for a class and I’ll be here for a couple of days. I traveled here from Cincinnati wearing jeans, a short sleeved knit shirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The weather is a bit warm for thigh boots but the car is air conditioned so it isn’t a problem. I stopped at the Indianapolis Art Museum. They have just finished a major renovation and the place is gorgeous! I spent an hour and a half walking through the European galleries. The folks at the front desk didn’t bat an eye when I walked in. Some of the guests in the lobby seemed to take notice but that was it. I had to ask a guard where the stuff I wanted to look at had been moved. He directed me to a gallery and said, “Just keep following it around, the paintings get older as you go.” I had a great time chatting with the guards and some of the other guests. The museum has a Rubens and a Rembrandt (lots of other stuff too) which ain’t bad for being in the middle of America. When I went out there was a group in the lobby the seemed to take notice of my boots but no one said a word. All in all a great museum trip. I stopped for lunch at a Bob Evan’s (family style restaurant) in Lafayette Ind. (Purdue Univ.). My water asked me if I had been riding (motorcycle). I said I hadn’t, I just enjoyed wearing them. That seemed to satisfy his curiosity. A couple of patrons gave me a hard look but didn’t say a word. At the hotel, there was a group of volunteer firemen in the lobby and they seemed amused buy a guy in boots. I again asked the registration clerk if my boots would be a problem and she said, ”They don’t bother me any.” I tool that as a positive statement and headed for my room. It’s off to find the training facility and dinner.

Dinner tonight was at Anyway’s Chicago Bar and Grill. They offer very casual dining and reasonable food. I wore jeans, a knit shirt and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I had to park a block away and walk to the restaurant. Some folks took notice but most didn’t seem to care. In the restaurant I was seated and served without any comment or notice. After dinner I walked back to my car and exchanged a nod and smile with a few folks then headed back to the hotel. The whole dining experience was uneventful. On the way back, I spotted a thrift store (I’m a sucker for them) so I parked and went in. This was a large store and I don’t think anyone there had ever seen a guy in thigh boots with heels before and they took this opportunity to get a good look. The only comment I got was from a young lady who offered, “Nice boots.” I thanked her and went on shopping. Back at the hotel I finished reading a book I was working on and went down to the bar. I was the only one there. The gal tending bar was just about to lock up but spent the next half hour serving me scotch and talking to me about cats and shoes. She said I was very disciplined when I stopped here poring my drink. I said “I have to walk out of here on a 5” heel.” She said the only heels she had were about 3” and she never wore them. She closed the bar and we walked out together. She made no mention about my boots. I was a nice evening out.

Wore my thigh boots to breakfast and overheard the comment, “The things you see…” I plan on wearing a pair of ankle boots with a 3” slim heel to class.

crotchboots-m

Not really my style and I’m sure it wasn’t her’s.

Well class in heels was a non event. The only person that seemed to notice was a member of the cleaning staff. I’ll be sure to wear them tomorrow. After class I went back to the hotel and changed into jeans, thigh boots with 5” stilettos, a cream satin blouse, and a black blazer. I went out to the same restaurant I visited last night. Not that I’m not more adventurous, they just had the best food. At least tonight I was able to park in the parking lot so I didn’t have to walk as far. When I went in I heard an “Oh look at that” from the bar but I went ahead and was seated in the dinning area. After the meal the waitress ask if I wanted another beer and I said, “I have to walk out of here on these heels.” She looked at the heel and gave me a big smile and laugh. Back at the hotel I went down to the bar and had a scotch. There were a few other guests there and no one said a thing about my boots. It really was just like I was just any other person at the bar. After folks got over the shock of being around a guy in thigh boots and heels, it’s no big deal. All I know is I sure am enjoying my stay.

Very cool Chicago adventure TBG. Glad you are having so much fun. I have many memories of Chicago myself, great restaurants and some awesome shoe stores downtown. david

I wore my thigh boots with 5” stilettos to breakfast and turned a few of the guest’s heads but this was the second day the kitchen staff had seen me and they greeted me warmly. After breakfast I made several trips lugging my stuff out to the car and one last trip to the front desk then headed off to class.

The last day of class I wore the ankle boots with the 3” slim heels. These boots do have a bit of a pointed tow and as I was leaving class two of the ladies in class noticed my boots. There eyes got a little bigger when they saw them then they both gave me a smile.

The trip home was uneventful. Other than stopping for gas, wearing the ankle boots, I drove straight through from the class in Chicago to Cincinnati wearing flats. It had been a long day and I just didn’t have it in me to pull on my thigh boots again.

Iloveboots -

I did enjoy the Chicago area although I didn’t make it to downtown. Its far enough north to be a little cooler and less humid then Cincinnati and that makes boot wearing easier. One of these trips I’m going to have to allow enough time to get to the Chicago art museum.

Yup, I hear it is a great Museum. I have not been there but have always wanted to go. You had quite the week TBG, lots of great memories and you left quite a few memories for others too! Very cool. david

great story thighbootguy! today I wore my black DEMONIA monet boots (the black ones with 6 inch heels, knee high) to the movies to see POTC3 (GREAT movie by the way) one guy liked my boots, said somthing like "cool boots, I like them" @ the theater, maybe a women laughed while I was walking past to get out to the bus stop (this in the FOX SPORTS GRILL @ the IRVINE SPECTRUM) (not sure about the women though but I could care less if she DID giggle @ me walking by anyways! then while i waiting for my mom to pick me up, 3 guys (probably from the one of 2 nearby apt complexes no dought) walked on by me as I was sitting up on a table with my boots in full view (wore them with my long boots cut pants) & I think that one of the guys said somthing, but too sure about HIM, guys like that are gutless in my mind to say anything @ all from a distance (instead of to your face) I think that this shopping center is becoming low-class cause of the apt dwellers that live right across the street from shopping center (I get that feeling, if you know what I mean) all in all a good day though. though I would share this with you.

Today was a warm day with temperatures in the upper 80s F (31C) and the humidity right up there with the temperature. I had to go to the store (Bigg’s and Sam’s) and I wore a long sleeved white shirt with the sleeves at ¾ length, white shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

I had the A/C on in the car but I noticed the heat when I walked into Bigg’s from the parking lot. Even with shorts on, it was warm. In Bigg’s everyone was polite and didn’t seem too bothered by a guy in thigh boots and shorts. One elder lady gave a funny look at my boots but when she looked up at me I gave her a nice smile and she returned it with a big grin. (Funny how smiled come back that way.

At Sam’s a couple of heads turned but again everyone was polite. I did get a laugh from the register clerk, who knew me well, when I said, “I’m about ready to admit defeat.”

“At what?”

“It’s just getting too hot to wear there.”

I really don’t deal with high temperatures and humidity very well. It drains any energy I have. I’m still amazed at JimC’s thigh boot adventures in Florida. Oh well, I’ll be looking for air conditioned places to go to and wear my boot.

Demoniaplatforms -

Out and about in 6” heels... :smile: , my ankles hurt just thinking about it. Sounds like you had a good time at the theater but negative comments do happen from time to time. Sounds like it hasn’t dampened your attitude.

I went out once wearing 6” pumps ( the emphasis is on the once) and I was glad I had a shopping cart to hang onto. I have a pair of 5 ½” chap boots that I walk in a little awkwardly but my 5” boots are very comfortable and I walk naturally. 5” is my comfortable limit. If you can wear a 6” heel go for it but you might try a 5” for general out and about.

Today was a warm but fun boot day.

I went to the Taft Art Museum in Cincinnati. This is the first time I have been there in over four years and the staff had never seen me before.

Since it was warm today I wore white shorts, a blue knit short sleeved shit, a blue sweat band on my forehead, and white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

I drove in and a guard informed me that the parking garage was full and directed me to an on street parking area. I walked in and asked if sketching was allowed. No one seemed to know but they directed me to the front desk where they told me sketching was allowed but pencil only. They directed me to the paintings I was interested in and I headed off. The whole museum is carpeted so walking was easy. The other guests and guards really were dumb founded but the guards made me feel at home.

I walked through several galleries and chatted with a guard about several of the paintings. Then I found a painting I wanted to sketch that was displayed in a hall way. I didn’t have a stool so I stood in the hall and went to work. Museum guests wandered past and the guards changed. I got no more than a second glance from anyone. The new guard was chatty and, after making sure I was working in pencil, stopped back several times to talk about the museum.

I went into another gallery and worked on another painting for a while again without a stool. Sketching while standing is a little tougher than sitting plus I was starting to be reminded I was wearing 5” heels.

As I was leaving the guards asked if I had found the paintings I was looking for and made a point to invite me back. I think, after they found out I really was interested in the paintings, the invitation was sincere.

Next I went to the cobbler shop in Covington. I had to park down the street a but and walk to the shop. When I got out of the car, there was a lady getting out of her car on the opposite side of the street. I got a nice smile from her. I picked up a pair of knee boots I had resoled and walked back to the car.

Finally I went to a Walgreen’s drug store. I had to ask were several items were and the staff took me to the items which meant I wandered around the store for a while. This store was in a neighborhood where I expected the people would offer negative comments but no one said a word or even seemed to notice. As I was walking back to the car one guy in the parking lot saw me coming and made a point to look me over head to pointed toe. He shook his head and said, “Well look at that” and then went into his panhandler routine. I declined to help and he immediately went looking for another quarry.

I really do present a image of confidence when I’m wearing my boots and I’m sure that goes a long way towards having others tolerate me. I am going to have to keep cautioning myself about becoming complacent about where I go in thigh boots with 5” heels. The lack of negative reactions does make this fun and I want to keep it that way.

Yes, Confidence - how you hold yourself, what you say and how you say it, lead to much better heel experiences. Thighbootguy, you have got to be the standard bearer amongst us. Though personally, though my preference in heels and outfits does not place me in as "noticable" as you. I have begun to get a bit more relaxed about showing the heel. Usually, in heels I wear longer legged jeans or slacks I have just for heeling, but the other day, I was in my standard work garb, cuffed and pleated dress Dockers (Chinos), and with my 5" heels, they actually let at least 3 inches of heel show. I made a couple of stops home from work - to the bank and grocery store. Though a lot of people noticed, compared to my normal more stealthy pants, there were no comments, even when I was towering over people in the busy check out lane. I was even a bit disappointed in not getting any conversation started... but as you have shown us, this is probably normal!

One last day of being out and about (vacation) so I pulled on a pair of white shorts, blue short sleeved knit shirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and headed for the Art museum. It is too warm (90F 31C) to wear these boots outside for long but going into A/C is fine.

The guards were surprised to see me in the middle of the week but they still greeted me with friendly smiles and hellos. I sketched for a while but then just went for a walk through the museum to see what had changed since my last full tour. There was a bunch of stuff up that I hadn’t seen for a long time and I really enjoyed the tour. The most reaction I got were a couple of glances.

After the museum I stopped at the big thrift emporium I frequent. I spent a lot of time just wandering around. I did turn a couple of heads but one lady just said, “I love your boots.”

I thanked her and kept on shopping.

I think the past two weeks of heeling have just about saturated my desire to go out in my boots (that and the hot weather). I really have been having a good time though.

Tallguyinheels -

It’s good to hear someone validate what I have been preaching for several years. The confidence thing works for heeling but it also works in the rest of the things we do.

Sounds like you had a good time in your 5” heels. What kind of heels are they?

I went back to the Art Museum this afternoon wearing a short sleeved knit shirt, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. There weren’t many folks there so I didn’t really expect to see anyone. The guards greeted me as I came in and I grabbed a stool and headed for a gallery. I was sketching for a while and a young lady came into the gallery and was taking her time looking around. I commented, “That’s the prize of the collection.” And pointed to the Ruben’s. We started talking about and she asked if I had seen the Rembrandt at the Taft Museum. I told her it wasn’t really a Rembrandt, just a poor copy and asked her if she had seen the painting in the next gallery that looks like Rembrandt’s work? With that question, I packed up my sketch book and took her on a tour of my favorite galleries in the Museum. We chatted for quite a while about the paintings. She told me the last time she was here, with her husband, that he was having a tough time appreciating the Monets that were on display. She also said she was a theater major which may be why she was so willing to be touring the museum with a guy in thigh boots and heels (the subject never came up). We parted and I went back to the gallery I was working in and went back to work. A few minutes later, one of the guards mentioned the museum was closing in 7 minutes so I packed up and headed out. Both of the guards at the front desk waved and bid me a good day. I then headed for a Remke supermarket to get some milk. I wandered through the store like I had all day. The girl at the checkout seemed to not approve of my look but that happens. After the supermarket I headed for the thrift emporium. I wandered though and found a CD I was interested in. I got a couple of glances but that was all. I really am comfortable wearing my boots with jeans. When I wear them with shorts I am more concious of the fact I'’ wearing them but with jeans they really are just another pair of shoes. It was a nice outing.

I had an enjoyable outing this afternoon. I was off work a little early so I had some extra time and needed to go shopping at Sam’s and Walgreen’s. I headed out wearing a knit shirt, blue sweat band, high wasted denim shorts with a ½” inseam (no leg at all) and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. It was a bit warm for the boots but I was comfortable enough when combined the shorts.

The shorts really make the boots stand out and wearing them over a bare leg feels great.

I went to the Sam’s I don’t normally visit. This is the store where one of the clerks mentioned there was another guy that comes in wearing boots. I did hear some laughter, from adults, that I’m sure was at my expense but the real interest seemed to come from young children who were with their parents. I got a lot of smiles, which I returned, and a couple of, “Hey, look what he’s wearing” comments. No one seemed too put out and all in all it was a fun shopping trip. I did have to go through the store three times to find all the stuff I wanted. One of the clerks went out of his way to bid me a good day, while several others just stood there with their chins dropped.

At the checkout, the register clerk wasn’t too sure what to make of me. She was an older lady but after I helped her with several of the heavier items I had (like a 50 lb. bag of cat litter), she seemed to think I was an Ok customer. When we finished I said, “The last time I was in one of the clerks said there was another guy that comes in wearing there.”

She looked surprised and said, “Really?”

“Yeah, that what they said.”

“Aren’t those boots hot in this weather?”

“Nah, there Ok with the shorts.”

“Yeah I guess they would be. I can’t wear the heels any more. They really bother my feet.”

We wished each other a good afternoon and I headed out of the store.

In the parking lot I overheard a few chuckles as I was pushing the heavy cart to my car. After loading the car I headed on to Walgreen’s.

In Walgreen’s I turned a couple of heads but everyone was polite.

Metalspikes -

A 5” heel is just about my limit. I really prefer leather boots over man made materials and I have never been a fan of the two toned styles. The needle point on the heel would also give me problems since I walk a lot on hardwood floors. I’m Ok with the height of the boots and kind of neutral on the side lacing. I think I would prefer either front or back rather than side. And then there is the price... there a little lout of my range.