Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I managed a second trip to the Art Museum. I went over wearing a blue knit short sleeved shirt, jeans, a tan suede jacket and black leather thighboots with 5” stilettos. First the Ferrari: 1950 166MM Barachetta Designer: Carlo Felice Bianchi Anderloni (1916-2003) Manufacturer: Ferrari Body: Aluminum, “Superligerra” (super-light) construction Number of cars produced: 26 Top speed: 137 mph Engine: SOCH 60 degree v-12, three Weber carburetors Bore x Stroke: 60mm x 58.5mm Displacement: 1995 cc Horsepower: 140 bhp @ 6600 rpm Gearbox: 5 speed manual, non-synchronized gears Curb Weight: 1496 lbs. Suspension: Front: transverse leaf spring Rear semi-elliptical leaf spring Wheel Size: 4.00 x 15 Now that that is out of the way, I went sketching in one of my favorite galleries and while I was working a lady with the best looking pair of boots I have ever seen walked by. She was wearing a knee length coat and jeans. The boots were knee length brown leather that had an ankle zipper so they fit snugly. They had a 4” block heel and a rounded toe. The were topped with pull on stirrups and a loose tassel that hung down the outer side. She didn’t even acknowledge the fact that I was there and the male type that was with her looked like he would look disapprovingly at anyone noticing her. Anyway I kept working then went off to another gallery. As I was coming down from the second floor to leave, I saw her in the lobby looking at the Ferrari. She sat down while her husband was walking around the car. I said, “Excuse me but where did you get those boots, they are gorgeous.” She looked pleased at the complement and held a boot out so I could see it. “I got them at Macy’s a couple of weeks ago. There NineWest.” I thanked her and headed out to my car. Great outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Demoniaplatforms -

First, thanks for the kind words.

The short answer to your question is yes. The long answer follows.

About 10 years ago I had been working for a University in the DP shop for 22 years when the management decided to buy a package to replace all the software my team had written. I was told to stop developing anything. I hadn’t realized how much of a creative outlet writing computer code was for me. The short story is I was going nuts because I wasn’t allowed to create stuff.

A friend realized what was happening and got me to enroll in an “experimental” course called Desk Top Publishing that was being taught in the Art department. I had a great time in the class (spending at least 25-30 hours a week creating stuff in the computer lab) but I realized the other students were creating great looking stuff and I was really struggling to make good looking stuff. I finally dawned on me that I was in a class with art student that could draw and I was a computer geek that couldn’t draw.

I went to one of the art teachers I knew and asked her if I could take her drawing class the next semester. She was glad to have a willing student. I worked my tail off in that class and the next three after that. One of the assignments was to go over to the museum and copy a Ruben’s painting of Samson and Delilah. After one trip to the Art Museum I was hooked.

Four years later I retired from the University. I never did write much more code for them but by then, I didn’t need to. I found a creative outlet that I have been using ever since.

Somewhere along the line I discovered there was a feminine side to me and that side created better stuff than the male side. I really do notice a difference in what I create if I’m letting the female side out (heels, boots,...). That was an interesting discovery.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It's been a while since I've been out in heels. I've been a bit iffy about it recently, but last night I'd put on some make up, lippy and foundation, a pair of metallic tights, shiny shorts and the most important thing my corset. (and of course the boots in my avatar - funny I forgot that and I'm putting it in as an edit). Took a few photos, and then was consumed by the idea of going out. By then it was about 11 pm, and the only place to go was the 24 hour tesco. On the way I stopped for petrol, that went smothly enough and then into tesco. I wandered around for a little bit, had absolutely no reaction, apart from one of the guys stacking the shelves who looked my up and down - payed for my purchases, some more lippy, a pair of outsized sunglasses and some razor blades and left the shop. On the way home I called at another 24 hour garage, bought a magazine, again no reaction. There was a group of three police officers chatting outside I said good evening to them no reaction.

I‘ve added another Thighbootguy video

Thighbootguy Changing Boots

I’m sure there are folks that will think I stole the idea for the video from Stepaniboots54 … will, there right, I did. And, I don’t change boots anywhere as nicely as Stephaniboots does.

I did add a little guitar playing so there is some original material.

Fog -

Sounds like a fun outting.

I’m taking a class this week and even though it’s local I’m letting my employer buy me dinner after class. Tonight I went to an Olive Garden (family restaurant chain) wearing jeans, a white long sleeved turtleneck, and black leather thighboots with 5” stiletto heels. From all the reaction I got (none at all ;)) I don’t think anyone even noticed or they were too polite to bat an eye. Oh well at least it was a good meal. I did notice that I felt absolutely comfortable walking into an restaurant I had never been in before wearing those boots. They really are just my shoes. I’ll let you know how the rest of the week goes.

Like I said, I’m taking a class and I really throw myself into the learning process which means at the end of the day, I’m wiped out. I didn’t feel like going to much of an up beat (loud) place so I went back to the Olive Garden restaurant. I wore a long sleeved white dress shirt, jeans and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The folks at the front desk recognized me from the night before and gave me the same cheerful greeting. Again no one even seemed to notice my boots. I had a nice meal (JeffB is right). As I was leaving, I dropped my hat in the lobby and had to stoop down to pick it up then I held the door open for a lady that was coming into the restaurant. No one even batted an eye. I sure am glad I enjoy wearing my boots just for the sake of being comfortable, because the fun of getting a reaction doesn’t seem to be available in northern Cincinnati. By the way I have been wearing my blue leather knee boots with a 2” block heel under my jeans in class.

Last night I had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and tried their new triple prime burger (which is overrated). I went in wearing jeans, a white turtleneck, tan jacket and leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

When I walked in I noticed a couple of the waitresses noticed my boots but the hostess seated me without any comment. My waiter was jovial and friendly but made no mention of my boots. I did get up and go to the salad bar which meant I walked across the restaurant and back. All in all it was a non event and not that good of a meal.

After that I went to a large bookstore and look around for a technical book I needed to read. A couple of folks noticed and I did hear a few giggles that didn’t come from the humor section. Those two shopping trips and a long walk across the parking lot made a nice but uneventful outing.

Today was the last day of class so I went back to the Olive Garden for dinner. Tonight I wore a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt shorts with a ¾” inseam, gray turtleneck, tan jacket, white hose and black thighboots with 5” heels. I was thinking if I’m gonna wear them I might as well show them off.

As I was being seated I asked to go to a brighter part of the restaurant because I wanted to read a bit so I was seated near the windows. The waitress was very outgoing and we hit it off well. After she took my order and brought out the salad I asker her, “Will these boots be a problem around here?”

She looked at them and said, “No, not at all ... they look nice. Oh work them heels, work them heels, work them heels”. We both had a good laugh.

The meal was good. As I was paying she said, “You be careful now and don’t break one of those heels.”

I laughed and said, “That’s not a problem, I’ve got miles and miles on them.”

She laughed and said, “Well, you do what you do.”

After dinner I stopped at a different, even larger, bookstore and found another good tech book I wanted to read. The staff were very helpful and polite. They acted like a guy in thighboots came in all the time.

On the way home, I stopped at the big thrift emporium where I often shop. I went in wearing my boots and shorts. A couple of folks noticed but most just ignored me. One lady did say, “Oh, I want them boots”.

I smiled and said, “There fun”.

She replied with an “Oh yeah.”

I did find two pair of nylon opera gloves. One pair in white and the other pink which will go with the pink outfit I had on in one of the videos.

All in all this has been an exhausting but fun week.

Let me add that one of my favorite boot images is:

Posted Image

I've always wanted to try that look and il looks like I am finally ready to give it a try. The shorts I had on have a higher waist and a shorter inseam.

Today has been a great boot day. I left work at noon to travel to Chicago Il. for a seminar tomorrow. When I left work I switched into my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and jeans. The fun of driving in heels was tempered by the fact I was driving a rental car and the pedal geometry was a little different than I was used to. I stopped a at a Wendy’s and went in to order a sandwich to go. No one said a word but I think they noticed. When I got to the hotel and checked in, I asked the clerk if my boots would be a problem. I had to step back from the counter quite a bit for her to see what I had on but she said “Not at all” and acted like guys wore thigh boots in all the time. I went out for dinner and stopped in a large mall and wandered around a bit. I did get a negative reaction from one crowd but for the most part no one seemed to care. I went to a family (Greek) restaurant for dinner and again, no one seemed to care what I was wearing. After dinner I went back to the hotel and went into the bar/lounge. I had a nice chat with a couple of the other guys at the bar and no one mentioned or asked about my boots. One worker at the hotel did say, “I really like your boots” as I was riding with her on the elevator. All in all, a great boot day. I’ve been wearing them just like they were any other pair of shoes.

Well, I’m back home from my trip. Today was the day of my class but before I left the hotel I did have breakfast which was served just off the main lobby. I dressed for the class, long sleeved dress shirt, jeans, black blazer, and for breakfast, my black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. When I walked in there was a minor bump in the group conversation, but after a second everyone picked up from where they were. There were a couple of Army guys there in full camouflage and combat boots and I was expecting a comment but it never came. I’m sure they thought I was dressed as oddly as I thought they were. After breakfast I went back to my room and worked for a while. Then I packed up and carried my stuff out to the car. I went back into the lobby to drop off my key and there was a very attractive lady there with a business group. She was very neatly dressed and had on a pair of black 4 - 5” stilettos. She spotted me walking into the lobby and her eyes got real big (as in Woo). She threw me a big smile which I returned. Unfortunately there wasn’t an opportunity to talk to her. In the car I changed into my blue knee boots with a 2” block heel. I wore them under my jeans to the class. After the class I switched back to my thigh boots and drove back to Cincinnati (from Chicago). I had intended to stop for dinner but I was running too late. This was a good trip. I put on my thigh boots when I left work yesterday and wore them everywhere but to class today. Regular shoes are starting to feel funny.

I went out for dinner and stopped in a large mall and wandered around a bit. I did get a negative reaction from one crowd but for the most part no one seemed to care.

If you don't mind my asking, what was the reaction? Sounds like this is a rare thing from reading about your outings, but just curious what it was.

radiodave -

The bad reaction (bad is from my point of view) came from a group of four or five young people (late teen, early 20s). I think it was four guys and a girl, which is a dangerous combination to start with. The group was large enough for there to be enough collected nerve to make loud comments and laughter.

I’m sure they had a good time at my expense and the only reaction I gave was to walk in areas away from them. Not a big problem, just a bit of an annoyance.

I have just discovered this forum so I cannot claim to have read all previous posts but what I have seen agrees with my experiences. I often wear thighboots (not high heel for reasons thast will become obvious) to walk the dogs in the woods adjacent to our property. I do this in the early morning, but still meet other walkers of the forest. They have been, without exception, very accepting and made no comment on my attire. I think most people are quite willing to tolerate any activity that does not threaten them directly. Teenagers are naturally theatened by everything since they are learning the world, so they are dangerous for sure

Today was a good boot day. To start with its Friday which means jeans at work. I wore a black knit shirt, jeans, and my blue leather knee length boots with a 2” block heel under my jeans.

I’m sure that most of the folks I work with have figured out these are women’s boots and just don’t care. I was sitting by the only lady on our staff in a meeting where someone was expounding a lot of bull cookies and I commented that it was getting deep and I was glad I had my boots on. I got a laugh from her.

We went out for lunch as a group and as we were walking back to the car, one of the guys asked me (in a loud voice), “How long have you had those shoes?”

“Oh, I’ve had them for a long time and just started to wear them again.”

“I haven’t seen that style for 10 years.” I’m not sure he knew what I was wearing but I let things drop right there. No one else paid much attention.

On the way home, I stopped at Sam’s Club to do some shopping. I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and walked in. The staff greeted me warmly and I came in.

As I walked around doing my shopping, I noticed a lady with a baby that was wearing black leather over the knee boots with pointed toes and a flat heel. What was striking about the boots was the functional back lacing that went over a tongue that extended past the lacing. I commented that they were nice boots but she seemed to ignore me.

I had seen another very attractive lady in the store that had on a nice pair if heeled sandals. I walked past her in one isle and gave her a smile. After I had passed her I heard her say, “I like your boots.”

I turned back and said, “Thank you very much.” I think I was grinning ear to ear. I said, “I was going to complement you on your heels but I didn’t want to be to forward.”

“Thanks. My feet are killing me, don’t those bother your feet?”

“No, not really. I’m on my fourth set of heel tips and have had them resoled. There really quite comfortable.”

“They must be.”

We went on our ways.

I ran into the lady with the back laced boots and asked her, “Excuse me, but where did you get those boots?” It took her a few seconds to realize I was talking to her and then she replied that she didn’t speak English. I didn’t want to press the issue because I didn’t think she was comfortable talking to me. We both smiled and I left.

Nothing else of note happened but I noticed how really comfortable I feel wearing these boots.

Stomcat -

Welcome to the forum.

That is an interesting observation on teenagers that had never occurred to me.

I wear thighboots with flat heels almost all the time when working around the house and yard. They really are every day wear for me. I wear my high heeled boots when I go out and know I’m going to a tolerant location but I’ll wear the flat heeled boots anywhere.

Enjoy our boots.

Yesterday I took a day off from work. The goal of the day was to take some stuff to my friend in Portsmouth Oh. And to go out wearing my boots. The temperature has started to get into the mid 80s so working in thigh boots is a bit much. I loaded the car wearing shorts and a T-shirt but I pulled on my thigh boots with 5” stilettos to travel in. On the way I stopped in town to drop off a pair of knee high boots at the cobbler shop. I had to park over a block away from the shop so I walked to the shop wearing shouts and thigh boots. When I got there I saw the sigh that he was on vacation so I walked back to my car and headed on to Portsmouth. Even though there was no parking spaces available, there was no one else walking on the street. There is a large Goodwill on my route to Portsmouth. I changed the shorts for a short black skirt with a built in pair of shorts and walked into the store. A couple of heads turned but everyone was polite and no one said a thing. I have had back problems for years and it was hurting before I loaded stuff into the car. It was bothering me enough now that I decided to call the trip off and headed home. On the way I stopped at the large thrift emporium I often visit and went in wearing boots and short skirt. I was wearing the skirt under the T-shirt so you had to look twice to notice it was a skirt. Again a couple of heads turned but again everyone was polite. One lady did say, “I like your boots.” I thanked her for the complement. Another lady had a kid in her shopping cart and the kid said, “Look at him.” She replied “I see him” in a rather condescending tone. I walked around quite a bit but my back was telling me to go home. Other then the sore back it was a fun (but warm) boot outing.

well crotchboots,the brain it seems comes a little "later" with most teens anyhow- we've all "been there-done that" ourselves as far as the teen "age" is concerned I myself pay NO attention (exept the compliments ofcourse) I just go about my own affairs as usual.

unless they get hostile of course. i had an instance while wearing when 3 punks thought they could bully me about. i kicked the loudest mouthed one rite in the groin and that pretty much ended it. i do believe i not only inflicted punishment with the pointy toe,but i am pretty sure i got him with my heel on his leg as well.

I stopped at Sam’s last night NOT wearing my thighboots with 5” stilettos. I was wearing jeans and regular “guy” shoes. I got more comments last night than ever. All the comments were offered with smiles. “No boots tonight?’ “Your a little shorter tonight.” “Where are your boots tonight?” I have noted that the staff there now expects me to be wearing thighboots, but I had no idea that NOT wearing them would be such an event.

Probably helps to break up the monotiny of their day. Never thought you'd be doing a public service wearing thigh boots eh?

(formerly known as "JimC")

unless they get hostile of course. i had an instance while wearing when 3 punks thought they could bully me about. i kicked the loudest mouthed one rite in the groin and that pretty much ended it. i do believe i not only inflicted punishment with the pointy toe,but i am pretty sure i got him with my heel on his leg as well.

Quite an adventure you had there, but it could've been potentially dangerous for you as well. Not to get up on a soapbox, but if one of those punks had a gun, the outcome could've been considerably different, not to mention tragic. Where I live (Philadelphia), gun violence is out of control, kids have both ridiculously easy access to weapons and the inclination to use them at the drop of a hat. If that had been me in your boots, I might be six feet under. You just don't know if some punk might be packing a gun and looking for a reason to use it, and believe me, they will use them. This isn't to tell you how to tell you how to live your life or how to deal with such a situation, but these days, you have to be careful.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yesterday was a museum day but the temperature has warmed to the degree that shorts are more comfortable than jeans so... . I went over to the museum wearing a gray short sleeved T shirt, white shorts and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

When I got to the museum, I found the parking lot was packed and I only found a place in the back row. The guard said there wasn’t anything special going on which means the museum is becoming a more popular place. (Or, maybe its the rumor that a guy comes in on the weekend wearing thigh boots that’s drawing the crowd. [More of JimC’s public service])

When I walked in the guard at the desk knew my routine and pointed out where the stools were stored. I grabbed a stool and headed up to a gallery. There were lots of folks coming through the gallery but everyone was polite and just went about enjoying the paintings. This week my sketching was going well. I headed into another gallery and continued to work. After a couple of hours I headed back to the car. It seems like more people pay attention outside than inside. I notices several pair of eyes following me across the parking lot.

I then headed to a Radio Shack to get a new phone battery. I parked and walked across the lot and into the store. Several folks watched me stride across the parking lot. In the store, the manager greeted me like a long lost friend (but I suspect he just wanted to sell me something). Anyway, none of the other customers seemed to notice my boots. I even wandered around the store a bit after my sale. When I headed back to the car I again did notice some folks watching.

After that I headed back to the Sam’s I was at the other night when I wasn’t wearing my boots. This time was a “normal” Sam’s trip. The staff greeted me and no one paid any attention at all.

Attention is all about contrast. If you want to show off a pair of black thigh boots, pairing them with white shorts is the way to do it. There are two contrasts working together, black and white and long and short. I really like the look.

Posted Image

yes JeffB, your so right about that senario-kids in a lot areas have too easy access to guns and Phily IS known these days for that kind of problem,also out here in socal where I live (orange county, plus the greater LA area as well)

Perhaps this has been asked before, Thighbootguy, and if so I apologise but should be interested in your candid answer. A common thread in your accounts is your query when using a store, restaurant, hotel etc whilst wearing your boots as to whether your appearance is 'acceptable'. I can understand you wishing to establish, as a matter of your personal comfort and safety (if not also as a courtesy), whether your boots or other clothing might be too extreme for the establishment or locality. But do I detect your wish also to 'be noticed' and establish whether those you meet approve of or like your appearance? In other words, are you deliberately prompting people to look at you and seeking their reassurance that you look good, and not merely that you are unlikely to cause a riot in the locality? You are clearly an intelligent man with sufficient strength of character and courage to 'do your own thing' in public and you have my great respect for that. But, deep down, do you have a nagging fear of rejection, ridicule or worse and need to re-establish your acceptability wherever you may be? Forgive the directness of my question, which is not intended to put you on the spot. I doubt that anyone here would criticise you even if you were an out-and-out exhibitionist or narcissist (which clearly you are not) when relatively few of us would have the balls to appear openly as you do. And most of us would like to copy you too!

Puffer – Great question! I have been asking myself the same thing for a while now. The last trip to Chicago was to a hotel I had never been to before and I thought it was courteous to ask. Most of the time the folks at the front desk really don’t notice (the counter is too high) that I have on thigh boots. If they suggested my look was too much, I would moderate my appearance at the hotel. Having said that, I have asked what people thought just to force a response. I am not seeking their reassurance, rather their advice on the tastes of the local. I don’t think I have “a nagging fear of rejection, ridicule or worse”. Ridicule and rejection I can handle, it’s the “or worse” I try to avoid by being careful about where I go. If you go about wearing thigh boots you kind of build up an outer crust from which ridicule bounces off. I think the outer crust comes across as confidence and if you appear confident in what you are doing, most folks will let you keep doing it. Having said that, do I ever ask just to get attention? Yeah, sometimes I do, but much less now than I used to. When I started wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels in public I had no idea what to expect and I got a lot of “no reaction at all”. I was really starving for feedback. I now think it was because people are generally polite and willing to tolerate someone who dresses differently than they do. There is also a general reluctance to talk to strangers (especially strangers wearing thigh boots). If I sensed that someone was curious I opened a conversation by asking what they thought. Also, there was a desire to post some “interesting stuff” rather than a lot of “went out wearing my boots and nobody noticed (again)”. Do the handles exhibitionist or narcissist fit me, I don’t think so. I’m little nuts maybe, but not much worse than that (hey, I work in IT). I no longer feel much need to ask folks what they think anymore. The experience of having worn thigh boots with stiletto heels in public for a couple of years has gone a long way towards building my confidence and reducing my need for public feedback. I am comfortable with the look, but I am still cautious about where I go, but I still appreciate an occasional “nice boots”.

Perhaps this has been asked before, Thighbootguy, and if so I apologise but should be interested in your candid answer.

A common thread in your accounts is your query when using a store, restaurant, hotel etc whilst wearing your boots as to whether your appearance is 'acceptable'. I can understand you wishing to establish, as a matter of your personal comfort and safety (if not also as a courtesy), whether your boots or other clothing might be too extreme for the establishment or locality. But do I detect your wish also to 'be noticed' and establish whether those you meet approve of or like your appearance? In other words, are you deliberately prompting people to look at you and seeking their reassurance that you look good, and not merely that you are unlikely to cause a riot in the locality?

You are clearly an intelligent man with sufficient strength of character and courage to 'do your own thing' in public and you have my great respect for that. But, deep down, do you have a nagging fear of rejection, ridicule or worse and need to re-establish your acceptability wherever you may be?

Forgive the directness of my question, which is not intended to put you on the spot. I doubt that anyone here would criticise you even if you were an out-and-out exhibitionist or narcissist (which clearly you are not) when relatively few of us would have the balls to appear openly as you do. And most of us would like to copy you too!

Not to butt in but oh well, I think Thighbootguy is simply shareing his experiences with us and giving us encouragment and just letting us all know that for the most part, no one really cares what you wear in public and that people are just to busy doing their own thing to really care if your wearing heels, skirts or what ever so just be your self and enjoy it.

real men wear heels

Many thanks, TBG, for a straightforward and honest reply. You are obviously comfortable with your preferences but sensitive to the feelings of others. So, I can see that this prompts you to mention your attire to strangers, for the primary reason of breaking the ice or putting them at ease, as distinct from seeking compliments. As you say, your accounts would be less interesting if there was little or no exchange of views to report - and the generally neutral or favourable responses you get (even allowing for strangers' politeness) must be an encouragement to all who might aspire to follow in your booted footsteps. More power to your ankle, I say! As for suggesting that you may be 'a little nuts', I have no doubt that you are - but so am I and pretty well all who belong here, and the world would be much duller if that were not so!

Tonight adventure may cast doubts on the kind words offered by Puffer, for which I am grateful.

I stopped at Sam’s tonight after work. The weather has warmed up a bit so I went in wearing a black T shirt, my ever present baseball cap, a short black skort (skirt over shorts in one garment) and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. This might sound a little extreme but I really like the look and it sure is comfortable. I have worn this skort before but usually with a different colored shirt and the shirt worn out. This time I tucked the shirt in so the skort was clearly visible.

Either tonight’s crowd was different or the look was a bit too much. A I walked in I overheard a “What the F---“ comment from a red neck crowd. This was at the same time that the store greeter welcomed me in by name. I kept on going like I hadn’t herd the comment. A minute later I heard peals of laughter coming from the vicinity of the red necked crowd. I assumed I was then object of their merriment and just kept on going.

Everyone else in the store was polite enough to ignore me. The have several older ladies giving out food samples through the store and I’m sure there will be stories shared among that group about the guy in the boots. Other than offering me food they didn’t say anything but the looks I was getting...

I keep saying contrast is what gets attention. I think if I had been wearing black hose I wouldn’t have stood out as much as I did. The contrast of black shirt, skort and boots against white arms and legs really made the boots stand out. (All right, I can hear everyone crying “Boooogus” at that last statement). It really may have just been a different mix of people tonight.

I did notice several of the clerks that have seen me for several years doing double takes tonight so maybe I did push things a little too far too fast.

(I'm wearing the skort with a long sleeved shirt in this video but I'm wearing white boots rather than the black ones.)

All I know is the outfit sure is comfortable and I really do like the look.

well now thighbootguy, thats them "rednecks" fer ya- always laffin @ anythin gittin thar atenshun, but like my grandma always told me in these cases-"remember the source" in western calif english it simply means who ELSE but rednecks WOULD be what would be called "RUDE" & therefor show NO respect for others because they were never TAUGHT how to be respectful of different people.