Would you spend double...

acesecret

Would you spend double on heels you knew you would never wear outside?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you spend double on heels you knew you would never wear outside?

• Yes, sure.
    • No, not worth it.
    • Maybe, but if... (post reply)

What im asking is: Would you spend double what you normally spend on a pair of heels knowing that you would never wear them outside?

Im still new to the heeling outside idea, and im trying to decide on two pairs id love to buy, but being that expensive they deserve to have better than stay indoors.

These being the River Island boots (search code 575445) or Aldo Seace ankle boots

I never spend double for anything but tend to look for bargains no matter what I'm shopping for. That makes better sense to me. Even the "filthy rich" who can afford most anything they want shop better than that. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I voted yes. I occasionally find a boot (my favorite footwear) or a shoe that I really like and I’ll treat myself. Most of the time I say I may not venture out but after a while of wearing them inside I’ll take off on an errand and see how it goes. I shop most of the time on eBay looking for bargains and have had good luck. But sometimes the urge to by some really cool boots is just too much. I would choose the River Island boots.

The RI boots look a bit cheap to me. The Aldo pair look much nicer and more stylish and if I was to choose, I'd go with the Aldo boots. For the money, you could get a much nicer pair of kneehigh boots than the RI pair.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

i never spend double for anything but tend to look for bargains no matter what i'm shopping for. That makes better sense to me. Even the "filthy rich" who can afford most anything they want shop better than that.

Cheers---

dawn hh

ditto

real men wear heels

All the time! I spend far to much on boots that I know I will only ever wear indoors. Aldo boots are my main vice, there size 9's are pretty good. If I want to splash out I love www.italianheels.com - I have a pair of Amanda thigh boots.

I am just arranging to have a custom pair of crotch high boots made by imakebootsngloves - as recommended by a fellow hhplace user.

Those are both really cool boots, I want a pair of higher stiletto boots to wear around campus when school starts (and the temp cools off a bit) Those are both good choices I like the style of the aldo ones better, because they're simpler, but personally I love the look of kneehigh boots, that's what I'm looking for (which helps the River Island ones). I voted maybe, but if you get either I'd be jealous :) lol

What im asking is: Would you spend double what you normally spend on a pair of heels knowing that you would never wear them outside?

We all have an idea of the designs and styles that really excite our senses to have in our selections. If the only way to get these exciting heels is to spend a greater amount than we normally would, we still may feel we got a bargain, because we are getting what we really desire. Whether we choose to wear them publicly or privately does not enter the equation, because we are already wearing heels as we feel the most comfortable.

We all have an idea of the designs and styles that really excite our senses to have in our selections. If the only way to get these exciting heels is to spend a greater amount than we normally would, we still may feel we got a bargain, because we are getting what we really desire. Whether we choose to wear them publicly or privately does not enter the equation, because we are already wearing heels as we feel the most comfortable.

Fantastically said HS, its not always about things being "cheap/bargain basement/pricey or expensive", I think its more a question of "if your happy with them then thats what your happyness cost's you, as with anything, not just shoes... :)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

If being happy has cost you something then there was a price to pay for your happyness, therefore it was about money all along. My aim behind spending more was to take my wearing of heels further than just the happyness of wearing them inside. Experience that we've all read/written in so many posts the fun that comes from wearing them outside, the reactions, the comments, the feel etc. So bearing in mind the limited choice in heels in uk9, im asking if spending more is worth it in comparison to the extra time, experiences and feeling im pushing for. Ebay is great to save money, but not reliable. Where ever you go, the selection for UK9 is alot less compared to uk8 and below, so any other hints for places i can shop/save would be great. (Recently into the hidden platform style) :)

If you're thinking of buying an expensive pair of heels in the hopes that spending that much will spur you into going out in them, then no I wouldn't. Go out a few times in a pair that you have already and take it from there. For me, heels started to lose their appeal a bit once I started going out in them regularly and the reality of aching feet by the end of the night and not being able to stride along as normal began to bite. As for spending on heels that will only be worn indoors, I've done this more than I care to think. For going out I wear heels like in my avatar, but my first love is pointy stilettos and I don't think that's a look I can carry off in public, so I'm happy enough to click round the house in them. Which I think is my fairly rambling way of saying that if you love the boots and are happy to spend the money on them, don't feel guilty if you only wear them indoors. However I think spending more than you're comfortable with in the hopes that it will encourage you out of the door in them is a bad idea. As for where to shop, Faith do size 9's but the prices are comparable to River Island.

• 2 months later...

Hi well I as I mentioned a long time ago. My girlfriend bought me some boots from shoesUSA. And for a little while I had been wearing my boots out to the stores and other places like that. But up to now I have gained some enemies and that is a long story but now I'm in fear that some one will decide to take a snapshot and send it to my family or something like that. I don't know maybe I'm just paranoid!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Hi well I as I mentioned a long time ago. My girlfriend bought me some boots from shoesUSA. And for a little while I had been wearing my boots out to the stores and other places like that. But up to now I have gained some enemies and that is a long story but now I'm in fear that some one will decide to take a snapshot and send it to my family or something like that. I don't know maybe I'm just paranoid!!

As they say, "Discretion is the better part of valor." Enemies, in this place and time, aren't the things to make. Some people retaliate sq quickly to any "perceived" disrespect, using the most violent and/or life altering measures. It seems to be a "point of honor" in some minority communities. It's a culture thing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It depends on whether or not youre going out in bright red platform boots or just black block heeled boots with long trousers. Whats more important to you? Being subtle and heeling, or being you and heeling?

I was coming back from visiting a friend once in my boots in my avatar, walked past a bar where i thought someone had taken a pic of me, but i looked back and he'd just taken a pic of a friend, i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. So dont let the paranoia get to you and ruin your fun!

I never spend double for anything but tend to look for bargains no matter what I'm shopping for. That makes better sense to me. Even the "filthy rich" who can afford most anything they want shop better than that.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I agree with this and besides, I never buy a pair of high heels that I don't plan on wearing in public. I have worn every single pair of high heels that I own in public. But I too look for bargins. If it is a pair of high heels that I really, really want, I might pay a little more than I usually do.

It depends on whether or not youre going out in bright red platform boots or just black block heeled boots with long trousers. Whats more important to you? Being subtle and heeling, or being you and heeling?

I was coming back from visiting a friend once in my boots in my avatar, walked past a bar where i thought someone had taken a pic of me, but i looked back and he'd just taken a pic of a friend, i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. So dont let the paranoia get to you and ruin your fun!

Well granted I know that 7 inch heels are a little much I mean I have common sense. But also I'm not a big fan of 3 inch heels either. I'm kind of a weirdo cuz I want to be seen but I just don't want to be seen by the wrong person but thank you for the kind advice.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

i'll almost say the opposite.... i think i would be prepared to spend double as much if I know I can/will wear my heels outside and in public...... had i been a woman or if high heels for men is accepted, i wouldn't be only at the cheap/bargain heels to buy (as they have limited wear) and would be prepare to spend more on quality and probably more pairs as I can wear them when and where i want to....

Normally I can buy work shoes for around NZ$80.00, I just bought a new pair of platform heels, 6" heel with 1 1/2 " platform NZ$168.00. Awesome to wear and wear them for a full 8 hours inside and in the back yard

Blacksheep

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe but it really has to depend on the shoe. Considering my collection I'd probably be perceived as one who buys cheaper heels. I view it as having a larger style selection vs. higher cost and not going broke. One benefit of having more (cheaper) heels is the choice of what to wear therefore the longer they will last. Of course the flip side of that is there are some brands on the market that fall apart (or come un-glued) only after wearing them a few times where a more expensive shoe is probably less likely to do that. Obviously this is just my opinion but I prefer selection over cost.

I have a lot of expensive shoes on the "want to have" list, but my sense of cheapness seems to always win out. So, I tend to look for the best deals possible most of the time. I just can't justify spending big $$ on this part of my life while having a family to provide for. Perhaps if I didn't have that hanging over my head, I could let it go and splurge more on high end womens shoes, but no... bargain shoe sales and ebay are my path to getting heels.

In the past I used to buy cheap shoes and went for quantity. After a while I realized that one cannot wear so many shoes at the same time anyway and that cheap shoes are much more often uncomfortable and hence they become just closet fillers. Hence nowadays I am much more selective. If I see some nice shoes or boots that I will wear often and that are comfortable, then they are allowed to cost a decent amount. Just think of it: if you buy boots for 200 Euros and wear then 2000 hours, that is 0.10 per hour, while the 20 Euros shoes that you wear 10 hours only are 2 Euros per hour. What is the better buy? Also the hunting is much nicer when it is hard to find something decent. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 1 month later...