Man Or Woman Style?

Simcity3

Man Or Woman Style?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Man Or Woman Style?

• These Are Man Style
    • These Are Woman Style
    • These Are A Mix Of Both

With the high spiked heels and the ornate designs of wing tips, these shoes are perfect for the mixed choral groups, the ballroom dance teams, or the dressed military uniforms of our service men and women. Atten-huh!

well here in denmark some shops are starting to open for the idea of men in heel's one shop has womans area and mens area where you can also find heel's in the mens area. not the femme styles but block and cone type heel's.

Do you have any more info about the footwear? Any pics...heelheight, etc?

You start seeing this more and more, that in the womens section there are shoes that are inspired by male-fashion shoes and then 'feminized' by placing a heel or giving them something else that is definitely uncommon with mens shoes. I noticed this first a few years ago. I guess it is a way by which the fashion designers who run out of imagination continuously try to conquer a part of male fashion for women. I would say, they are womens shoes, but with a male background. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Read a advert in one of the sunday glossy mags to day showing flat brogues in red and white, yellow, green, polka dots and more. They are taking us over ~~ time to get even!? Al

C'mon folks. While they may be "menswear inspired", with a heel like that, no one is going to mistake them for men's shoes. Be serious....

As serious as I can be at this juncture, different items of clothing and body decorations have crossed the man-made gap between the sexes many times in the history of the human race. Some of the more recent ones have been the trousers, shirts, berets, earings, hair lengths and styling, tatoos and body piercings, and even flip flops and sandals. I realize that these items usually had things done to them so that they would be viewed as genderly separated, but they were still the same items and used for the same purposes by men and women alike.

Women's fashion has been more active in creative notions, since they saw the inequality of the patriarchal dominated society, and struggled for their suffrage and liberation to be treated with respect and given the opportunities to show they were just as capable to perform many of the task that men got by the default of being male in this society. (As a side note, men have found they can do the same task women were defaulted for being female.) No longer are the lines of gender abilities so separated and clear.

However, men don't seem to catch the vision of needing to catch up with their female counterparts because of the masculine attitudes of being the "stronger" species of mankind. Women have had to apply themselves above and beyond their station and therefore, have been taught more in the ways of leadership and service. Men have been content to get the job done and go on to the next duty or task. So, it's no wonder, males are now being subjected to a greater matriarchal presence, which has put women in the better opportunities for social influence, has restored their right to choose their careers along with what they want to wear, and has opened many doors in this, at least for now, patriarchal society.

Now, when you see menswear being worn by women and at the store in the women's section, you can think of it as actually women's influence on men's clothing or footwear and visa versa - it's men's influence on women's footwear and clothing. This infers that these things are really qualified as unisex articles or is that bisexed? Multisexed? Then again could the preference be whom ever the wearer is? How about no sex perference? (The fact is they are articles of adornment to be chosen to wear by anyone who would prefer.)

C'mon folks. While they may be "menswear inspired", with a heel like that, no one is going to mistatke them for men's shoes. Be serious....

Very true. I'd never wear anything that looked like it was mens shoes with a heel. It's gotta be proper girlie stilettoes for me :winkiss:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

They are a mix of both for sure but with the heel and platform, they are definitevely for a woman. (They look very nice :winkiss:). One of my latest boots purchase is also male inspired except with block heels. My opinion is that they are more suitable for a man's day to day wear... (See picture below) ( BTW, the model's name is "Danyelle"...what a coincidence. It must be why I like them so much ...:silly: )

post-14338-133522883696_thumb.jpg

Obviously a ladies style, based on a traditional Mens style, but I would wear them in public and enjoy doing so. I think if the heels were a little lower they would be a great crossover shoe and 'IF' society could accept that then great but alas we will just have to chip away one shoe at a time to get accepted.... Same as a few questions ago, available in a 14?

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Clearly a Woman's shoe and that's how I voted. Vote any other way, and you are deluding yourself. The slenderness of the heel, let alone the height and the low vamp all weigh against this being viewed in any other way. DanielP's picture on the other hand is properly gender neutral, and of the style I wear most every day. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

They are (in the current fashion climate) very much women's shoes. Some Avant-garde Fashion designers will always feel inclined to use similar shoes as part of a menswear look, but they don't really reflect the normal person's view. I would happily wear them on a glamourous night out whilst dressed in otherwise male clothes but would give the whole look a twist. As I've said before many a time. Shoes are only a small part of the outfit. Thanks, Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think you could put on a female or a male and fit the person quite well. The heel would suggest womens, but I think the oxford is a mens style. Nice shoe none the less. Who makes that shoe anyway? Is it still available some where? Mtnsofheels