Are you happy for girls to post in here?

spiker

Are you happy for girls to post in here?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy for girls to post in here?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't mind either way

I don't mind when women post in this section. The reason guys can't post in theirs anymore is because discussions there were reaching the point to where they just became about men, anyway. The women that we have here have demonstrated that they will offer up their opinion without being dominant about it, so I value their input when they offer it.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love hearing from the girls in the guys forums, it's welcome feedback from a different perspective. As for guys in the girls section, what's the big deal with copying the relevant bits of thread across to "for everybody"? Why do some people have such a problem with giving the few females that we do get join here their own space? Girls I welcome you here anytime and value your input all over the forums.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I'm going to be very honest... I voted no (and I'm a girl). Why? Well it's not fair to say guys can't post in the girl's forum but girls can post here. So my vote of no is because the rules haven't changed in ours. To me, if we're all to be able to post in either, why separate it to begin with? I say open it up, lose the "for guys" and "for girls" and just keep the everybody. Otherwise, if you want to keep the two separate sections, I'd say those sections are for those sexes only. Things need to be fair across the board or problems happen.

I'm going to be very honest... I voted no (and I'm a girl). Why? Well it's not fair to say guys can't post in the girl's forum but girls can post here. So my vote of no is because the rules haven't changed in ours. To me, if we're all to be able to post in either, why separate it to begin with? I say open it up, lose the "for guys" and "for girls" and just keep the everybody. Otherwise, if you want to keep the two separate sections, I'd say those sections are for those sexes only. Things need to be fair across the board or problems happen.

Tinkerbell,

That's very fair of you, but most guys actually understand why it is this way, for us it can be a fetish and as such certain individuals can get very predatory. For the ladies it's just an interest, and we value their opinions greatly.

Thanks again.

Spiker.

the rule was brought in because there were problems to begin with. These problems have not been reciprocated by allowing girls to post in the Guys' section. Should these problems arise in the future then the rules may be re-appraised... We have a system in place which works very well and is comparatively easy to moderate ensuring that HHPlace is a fun and safe place to visit.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

That's very fair of you, but most guys actually understand why it is this way, for us it can be a fetish and as such certain individuals can get very predatory. For the ladies it's just an interest, and we value their opinions greatly.

So to make sure I understand, is the logic that heels are a "girl" thing so that's why it's ok for us to post all over the site? If so is the logic further that girls need a "safe haven" to get away from male predators? I dunno to me that makes it seem like it's a question of normal vs. abnormal which would definitely be against what we should all believe here... being accepted. I'm sure that's not what you're saying but I hope you can see where I got that.

I'm not a forum moderator so as Dr. Shoe really said, this is how it is and how it will always be. I just feel when you set rules for only some people but not others you're setting yourself up for problems and misunderstanding. To me that's a discriminatory thing, and a label, two things that I think totally contradict this site's purpose. But... I understand that I may be reading into it a bit more than it was intended. This is simply an opinion.

So to make sure I understand, is the logic that heels are a "girl" thing so that's why it's ok for us to post all over the site? If so is the logic further that girls need a "safe haven" to get away from male predators? I dunno to me that makes it seem like it's a question of normal vs. abnormal which would definitely be against what we should all believe here... being accepted. I'm sure that's not what you're saying but I hope you can see where I got that.

No, its a simple case that girls have self control and can behave themselves and read rules, and the guys cant. Not a stereotype, just a fact.

Countless times girls have started threads aimed at girls only, even clearly stating "Girls reply only" only to get a bunch of guys pile in and post messages anyway.

Even now, guys still post in the girls forum because they either "didnt pay attention to what they were doing", "dont read the rules" or "knew they were doing it and still did it anyway, and admitted it in there post with an apology" (Kinda like walking into a womens powder room with a sign on your head that says "I know I shouldnt be in hear but I couldnt resist, I'm sorry")

This has been bashed out over and over now, so lets not go down this road OVER and OVER again or we will just close this thread. This isnt to discuss "why", its for "are you happy for girls to post in the guys section"

Tinkerbell, have a read of the ENDLESS threads covering this, as this has been raised countless times, always by the guys.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I also want to applaud the moderators for the vigilence in keeping this forum in a safe environment mode. There are alot of warped minds that would have sent this forum into a state of gutterism, were it not for their constant watch. I've been going over Tinkerbell's posting and I'm leaning more to the principles of equality she espoused. Even though I welcome any one's opinion in this FOR THE GUYS thread, her point of equal treatment is one to be considered. I am aware of the rehashing of this subject has been done to the Nth time, but perhaps we should treat the guys with the same respect that the girls are getting in their FOR THE GIRLS thread posting, whether the guys deserve it or not. Leaving the thread FOR EVERYONE to be posted into by both girls and guys. If a guy or gal wants to receive the opinion of the other, then the FOR EVERYONE thread seems the appropriate place to comment under equal forum rules. This way our members won't feel they are being punished by prejudicial rules due to human classification. It really chaps my hide to think we even have to have regulations so that all members feel free and comfortable with sharing their opinions and thoughts. There was a time when I wanted to be treated as a girl, because our choices in footwear were often the same. To be denied my choice of "girl's" footwear when the girls could literally wear any of the selections I could pick from, seemed hypocritical and degrading. Had society been aware of my human condition, there might have been a way for me and others to have the choice for "girl's" shoes. It is amazing how this life experience parallels the posting situation of this forum right now.

I agree with Histiletto, thanks go to the mods for keeping things clean. They work hard, and we appreciate it. I'm sure they get tired of this question. I'm guilty too of asking the question about whether girls should post in the guys' forum, and after several posts, I'll have agree, let's give the girls their own space, and if they want to post here, let them. Once or twice I've read a thread, overlooked which forum it was in, and almost submitted before I said "doh!". So, in defense of guys who have probably made the same mistake, I don't think all the guys' posts in the girls' forum are guys who can't control themselves, they may just have been interested in a topic, wanted to add their $.02, and didn't notice which forum it was in. I'm sure if I did, I would edit my post to apologize, delete whatever I wrote, and ask them to delete it. Now I just be sure to read carefully what forum it's in. I'll agree with Tech (Richie?); don't post if you're a guy, you know you shouldn't be there, and you're well aware of which forum it's in.

I agree with Histiletto, thanks go to the mods for keeping things clean. They work hard, and we appreciate it. I'm sure they get tired of this question.

lol, indeed we are, very tired of it, but thanks for the thanks.

I don't think all the guys' posts in the girls' forum are guys who can't control themselves.

Me neither, I did actually say "or dont pay attention to what they are doing" too.

Its just human nature, women are far more attentive, respectful and self discaplined, whereas guys are not, hence our rules reflect this, and as I've now said possibly for the 4th time, when human nature changes, so will life's rules adjust accordingly.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I've been going over Tinkerbell's posting and I'm leaning more to the principles of equality she espoused. Even though I welcome any one's opinion in this FOR THE GUYS thread, her point of equal treatment is one to be considered. I am aware of the rehashing of this subject has been done to the Nth time, but perhaps we should treat the guys with the same respect that the girls are getting in their FOR THE GIRLS thread posting, whether the guys deserve it or not. Leaving the thread FOR EVERYONE to be posted into by both girls and guys. If a guy or gal wants to receive the opinion of the other, then the FOR EVERYONE thread seems the appropriate place to comment under equal forum rules. This way our members won't feel they are being punished by prejudicial rules due to human classification.

I want to thank you for this post because I believe you truly got the point I was so desperately trying to make. It was simply from a point of view of equality. I have seen way too many situations on forums and generally in life where setting a rule for only one classification of people turns bad. It's simply a question of how to maintain the "no labels" and "accepting all opinions" ideals of this forum.

It's like making a wrong turn down the wrong highway and then after discovering your mistake, you have got to eat up those miles to get back to where you should have made the proper turn in the first place. This is getting old hat as far as I can see. The mods have set up the rules as they are for a purpose to make the Forum run as smoothly as they can with the least amount of extra work on their part. As far as I can tell, they seem to be going down the right path and I, for one, am quite satisfied to have the Forum run as it is at the present time. The "For the gals" section is for the "GALS", meaning NO men. The other threads are for everybody to post in including the fact that the Gals are to be invited into the "For the Men" thread or any other thread that they chose to post in. O.K. It is working, so let it be. The "For Everybody" thread is for "EVERYBODY" to be able to express their views in at any time, no matter what gender they may be. So what seems to be the problem? Give it a rest. So lets bury this problem permanently and for all time. I'm tired of traveling over this same highway and getting nowhere. Its a dead issue, so lets leave it dead and forget about it and continue to run things in a friendly, smooth manner for the future. Just my opinion and the way I see it. Thanks for listening. (Steps down from his soap-box and walks passively away). Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

I understand from some of the above postings that there are guys who are unhappy about women posting in the guys thread so for me that clarifies things nicely. I think what HH fanatic says is perfectly true. Strictly guy stuff is guy stuff and everybody stuff is for everybody. I apologize for posting in this section but the other sections are hardly used and with very little in the way of interesting topics. I would suggest if you enjoy female feedback on any postings or threads then you would be better off posting them in the everybody thread. That's enough from me in here. Thank you. Amanda

I understand from some of the above postings that there are guys who are unhappy about women posting in the guys thread so for me that clarifies things nicely.

I think what HH fanatic says is perfectly true.

Strictly guy stuff is guy stuff and everybody stuff is for everybody.

I apologize for posting in this section but the other sections are hardly used and with very little in the way of interesting topics.

I would suggest if you enjoy female feedback on any postings or threads then you would be better off posting them in the everybody thread.

That's enough from me in here.

Thank you.

Amanda

Very wel put, Amanda. I will keep that in mind on future postings because I do appreciate and would like to see even more feedback from the female members. It sounds like the majority of us are on the same page.

Post away. I can always use some sensible guidance. Left to my own devices, things get very wierd, very quickly. By the way, StilettoScot, what exactly does breezy feel like? Please don't say windy, that would be ridiculous. Jen

Breezy, Hmm, I promise I won't go down the fart road. Oops I guess I did. By the way, to stay on topic, I am happy to have the girls post in the "for the guys" section. Rather like the overflow at a concert, Guys do not use the girls bathroom but girls always can use the guys. Just the way it is and I have no objection. Jen

Ok. Here is the answer: Guys are forbidden from posting in the girls forum on the grounds that there are so many more of us and as a "minority Group" whose input is greatly valued, they need their own space. Guys on the other hand aren't in need of this so much because any dissenting female voice could be quickly drowned out. However, my suggestion would be that if a guy starts a thread that needs a female response then it should go in the "everybody forum" and if ladies want to respond to a thread in the guys forum then they may do so but they should voluntarily start a "mirror thread" in the everybody forum. It seems to me that many guys who object to girls in the Guys Forum the most are the ones who would like to be allowed to post in the girls' forum.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 11 months later...