Are you happy for girls to post in here?

spiker

Are you happy for girls to post in here?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy for girls to post in here?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't mind either way

I think it is good to have women on the forums because it is good to get their perspective. But if they are completely negative as far as guys looking ridiculous in heels and always posting something negative then it kind of gets discouraging. And I feel in my opinion this site is suppose to help you move forward and give you confidence not the other way around then banning that certain individual would be necessary.

A negative post would hardly be grounds to ban an individual. We do have a list of criteria that lead to infractions and/or bans. Opposing someone else's point of view is not one of them.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure that the whole community in general here should be able to post threads that go where they are supposed to. For example, dont post a thread in the men's section that is asking both sexes' opinions, eliciting a response from the oppossite gender. It still confuses me as to why girls are allowed to post in the guy's section yet guys cant post in the girl's section. :smile:

I figure that the whole community in general here should be able to post threads that go where they are supposed to. For example, dont post a thread in the men's section that is asking both sexes' opinions, eliciting a response from the oppossite gender. It still confuses me as to why girls are allowed to post in the guy's section yet guys cant post in the girl's section. :smile:

Same reason more men are in prison than women. Women pay more attention to things and can control themselves.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Same reason more men are in prison than women. Women pay more attention to things and can control themselves.

Wow! I'm not sure I could find a more inappropriate thing to say. Not only is it offensive, but illogical. It's like saying that all cats have 4 legs, my dog has 4 legs, ergo my dog is a cat.

I don't like to argue merely for the point of arguing. I don't want to offend people here, especially the web admin of the site, however someone needs to stand up against the idea that I'm a male thus I am a psychopath with impulse control issues.

It's 'your' site. It's your rules. I may not agree with them all, but I'm happy to be here involved in discussion. I'm thankful that you have made a wonderful site where we can share ideas. I just can't stay mute when such discriminating statements are made.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Wow! I'm not sure I could find a more inappropriate thing to say. Not only is it offensive, but illogical. It's like saying that all cats have 4 legs, my dog has 4 legs, ergo my dog is a cat.

I don't like to argue merely for the point of arguing. I don't want to offend people here, especially the web admin of the site, however someone needs to stand up against the idea that I'm a male thus I am a psychopath with impulse control issues.

It's 'your' site. It's your rules. I may not agree with them all, but I'm happy to be here involved in discussion. I'm thankful that you have made a wonderful site where we can share ideas. I just can't stay mute when such discriminating statements are made.

Who says your a psychopath? Who says you have impulse control issues?

I'm certainly not suggesting that ALL men are the same, which is why I worded it the way I did, in the Women pay more attention to things and can control themselves.

How many times do we have to keep telling guys not to post in the girls forum? Its never ending, even though, when people join, they are sent a Welcome email and Welcome private message that tells them not to post in the girls forum, its also written into the rules, but no, they ignore it, dont pay attention to what they are doing, and post there anyway, sometimes with highly inappropriate comments too.

Our banned members list is also testiment to this, over 350 guys on that list and 2 women.

I've never ever had an abusive email from a woman, yet men seem to be more than happy to fire off highly abusive, threatening emails at me for things that are really not worth losing any sleep over.

Its not offensive mate, its just fact of life. Am I wrong?

This issue has been cussed and discussed ad nauseam. It's a fact! No males posting in the girls only section!!! Nuff said. I know (from personal experience) that occasionally some male members forget or don't realize that they are posting comments in response to entries in the "for girls only" thread.....and get a "slap on the writs" for it. But, the fact remains that the policy has been established and our moderators do enforce the prohibition. Now, in my opinion, I believe everything that can be said has been said and that any member that doesn't agree with the policy be advised that it's too bad that they don't like or agree with it. If this policy causes such overwhelming resentment, indignation and marked displeasure to some members, perhaps it's time for them to "move along." Isn't it about time that this thread be "locked?" Because, I can't imagine any new or different opinions on the subject, ever being expressed.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm very glad to see that you didn't take what I said the wrong way. I do see many posts by men in the girls section getting deleted. Honestly, it puzzles me as to how anyone could get such a clear message wrong. As I said, I do not agree with that rule, but I'm happy to live by it, as it isn't really a big deal to me either way. I just hate to be associated with that type. I hope you can understand how some of us do the right thing because we want to be productive members. Initially I thought this thread was a discussion as to how this section of the forum was going to be run. I now understand that this is merely a thread in which people can voice their opinions, but does not have anything to do with what will happen. I'm guessing there are a few people who made my mistake. I've seen you clarify this fact a number of times now. Maybe it would be a good idea to lock this thread, or otherwise just ignore the content, excusing normal moreration. It seems to be a continual source of disruption and I feel has caused you some frustration. It's just an idea that might be helpful. Anyway, thanks again for not seeing my post as a personal attack. My philosophical nature enjoys healthy debate.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I am curious, has it been discussed or thought of, to assign posting permissions to that forum and restrict it to girls only? Don't get me wrong I know the rule and can exert some self control, but lets be a little honest about humans here. We often don't read half of what is in front of us. Male and Female alike. If it is really such an issue and requires lots of time and moderating, why not simplify it?

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

Initially I thought this thread was a discussion as to how this section of the forum was going to be run. I now understand that this is merely a thread in which people can voice their opinions, but does not have anything to do with what will happen. I'm guessing there are a few people who made my mistake.

Why would you think that?

This thread is clearly just a question of "Are you happy for girls to post in here?"

Nowhere does that mention how the website is run, members are welcome to ask questions, and if its becomes evident that from that question, new information shows a desire for change, then we change things.

I also fail to see how your post could have been taken as any sort of personal attack? All you said was that you were ofended, you have the right to be offended by whatever you want, I was simply pointing out human nature, all be it at a more extreme level.

• 4 weeks later...

At risk of sounding contrarian, there are a million sites out on the web where girls can indulge their shoe passion without having to concern themselves with potentially unwanted male contact. In comparison, the venues where men can discuss heels are more limited. Try going to general fashion sites and telling them you're a man who wears heels, then be prepared to duck. I view the girls-only forum in the same negative light as other girls-only venues, be it clubs, gyms or things like free-drinks-for-girls nights at bars. In a world where the PC crowd kicks up a fuss over any and all instances of men-only institutions, the existance of women-only leaves a bad taste.

I'm cool about girls posting in the everybody area but not in the guys area as we're not allowed to post a comment in their area.

When men start to show some self-restraint in society and not feel the need to hit on every single woman they come across then this rule wont be needed any more will it :smile:

Enough with the whining about posting in the girls forums..

If you are not happy with Tech's answer, try to do the following "Gedankenexperiment": 1: look up how many times girls actually post in the guys section. You will find that this is a very minor perturbation. 2: try to count how many times you would have wanted to post in the girls section and take that as a fraction of all your posts. Try to be honest at least to yourself. You don't have to tell us. 3: Take that fraction and multiply by the total number of posts in hhplace. To be conservative, divide by two. If I do this, I can see that the girls section would be swamped by posts by guys. The result would be that most girls would leave. We have a site here with mostly guys and a number of girls in which the guys appreciate to get as much commentary from the girls as possible. I think the current policy is properly set up for that. Rather than continuously worrying about that the world isn't the way it should be (in your eyes), try to accept it for the way it is and make the best of it. You will be much happier. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Thanks for that Yozz, thats an interesting way to look at it, it didnt occur to me to think of it like that. Another way to look at it is this: Imagine if the rule didnt exst..... How many guys would be registering just to perv over the girls and constantly badger them and/or try to come onto them? We already get a small number of sad cases who register, then make 1 post in the contact forum asking for women for high heel chat and more, never to be seen again.. Do we really need this in the girls forum too? Its just a fact of life that most women have more self control than most men and pay more attention to detail, thus dont need to be told whats appropriate and what isnt. When was the last time you saw a woman perving over a guy? (Who wasnt drunk)

I think we need a new rule as I am more than fed up with guys complaining about not being able to post in the girls section.

We have been here for a long time, we know what happens when the guys are allowed to post in the girls section. It isn't going to happen again.

No More Complaining or its infraction points given by me. I will bet the other mods will do the same and all the members that have been here long enough along with the newer sensible members will thank us for it.

I don't care if you don't think it is fair. The rules are. No guys posting in the girls section.

Please read this post http://www.hhplace.org/hellos_goodbyes_introductions/6586-forum_guidelines_rules_start_here.html

Now, can we please get back onto this topic, infraction points on their way to anybody who wants to keep on whining.

The angels have the phonebox.