Are you happy for girls to post in here?

spiker

Are you happy for girls to post in here?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy for girls to post in here?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't mind either way

I thought I'd get everyone's opinion, on whether or not you're happy for the girls to post in here or not. It was inspired by Amanda's post here. She says that since guys aren't allowed to post in the 'For Girls' forum, she doesn't feel that she should post in here.

What does everyone think? I personally love it when the ladies contribute to our discussions. I'm hoping if we get a yes vote to encourage the ladies to post in here some more.

The poll's anonymous, so don't feel any pressure.

Spiker.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen in the past, women get a little offended of some of the comments that men reply to in the womens section and it starts conflict. Women need they're own special place to communicate without interruption from men. On the other hand, I welcome women's comments in the mens section, negative or positive. I believe most of us feel that way because 1: It is about high heels 2: It is also very male dominated and we need to make women feel free to rome about where ever they like to feel comfortable here.

real men wear heels

When we had the debate, moons ago, if guys should be banned from the girls' part of the forum, I put forward that the idea that 'for the girls' should be like the girls' powder room. There they could have girly conversations without the guys butting in. OK, the walls would be VERY transparent, so, if we wished, we could see what they were talking about, but I'm sure that they could send PMs if they wanted to remain confidential. With the number of guys being much greater than girls, any participation of guys in the girls' area would swamp their number, so, of necessity guys should be banned from posting in their area. I don't see any reason why girls should be banned from 'for the guys' .... well, unless their number vastly overtakes the number of guys on here ! Xa

gotta disagree on principle: if guys are forbidden from posting in the "for the girls" section, then girls sould be forbidden from posting in the "for the guys" section. simply put, it should be OUR private place here. if you want women's input on a subject, then post it in "for everybody" duh! otherwise, it is simply giving them their own private forum. they could start their own ANYPLACE THEY WANT. i love women as much as any guy can, but let us have our own place they don't enter. the alternative is hypocritical.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

YES!!!!!!!! :w00t2::lmao:;-) I personally feel that the girls forum is the girls only forum (I know I posted there once or twice by mistake I'm SORRY). I also feel that the girls should be able to comment in any forum as they please. They are the experts when it comes to heels so we need their input everywhere and anywhere. We/I want to have the girls here so we must do what we can to make them feel wanted and welcome.

I have always thought the girls had free range on the forums anyway and the guys where the only ones limited. Some women are already uncomfortable with there being so many of us men on the forums that we need them to feel welcome.

So YES and I welcome all of the girls/Ladies to comment on any thread that is started by me (secondtake20) be it good or bad in any forum!!!

I too would welcome the girls talking about how they feel in regards to this subject. How would we go about maybe adding a section for comments from one gender to the next. A kind of mixed forum for all to comment on each other to get mutual views. That way there are the guys only one (If folks really feel strongly about it), the girls only one of course, and the combined one where we can talk freely across if wished too. In addition, if any women read this, and want to send me a PM so that I can pass your positive perspective on to my wife, I would welcome that.

My opinion on it is, it is no different than society saying we cant wear the heels to begin with. We each (guys and girls) have our own forum. It should be treated like a restroom (as mentioned in an earlier thread) with thin walls. Also as said already, we can hear each other, but we arent allowed in there, but they are allowed in here??? This is just my opinion, like it, hate it, ignore it, but I am entitled to it. :w00t2:

im ok with them posting in here , i just wish we could comment on some of the girls posts in their section a few times. but either way i still being here on this wonderful place

This is a "no-brainer." The girls are, in my opinion, always more than welcome to post in any and all threads anywhere on this forum. Their comments about fashion, dress and accessories are "pure gold." We all, or at least me, eagerly wait to read their comments and ideas.

As for guys posting on the girls forum, I've been guilty of doing that myself, on more than one occasion. Sometimes it's difficult to read a comment posted on the girls forum and refrain from speaking your opinion.

Perhaps the mods could set aside a dedicated thread -- specifically one where men can copy and paste comments from the girls thread and let the guys post their comments and opinions about the girls entries?

Might make some sense and give the guys an outlet in which to voice their ideas, comments, opinions and concerns.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I voted yes. To have women like Amanda and Roz giving their take on some of our topics would be great. I know we can't post in the Girl's section, and I understand and support that 100%, but would love to see more women posting in at their leisure.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I think that women are most welcome to share any of their input in any forum they desire to. Compliments are always nice for women and a big confidence boost. Negative comments by women in a polite or constructive manner may actually help a person to dress better with heels. If a woman is entirely negative about the concept of a man in specific heels/heels altogether, then she has the right to that opinion and may express it. The same goes for you, the male heeler. If your opinion is that a man can wear heels, then wear them. I think most of us live in countries where you have the choice to dress however you want. If you're offended by a negative remark by a woman in the forum, how do you expect to go out in public? THIS is the place to experiment and ask for opinions. THIS is the place to begin growing a thick skin. The number of men compared to the number women only make it reasonable for the women to have their own private posting area to feel more comfortable.

gotta disagree on principle:

if guys are forbidden from posting in the "for the girls" section,

then

girls sould be forbidden from posting in the "for the guys" section.

simply put, it should be OUR private place here.

if you want women's input on a subject, then post it in "for everybody"

duh!

otherwise, it is simply giving them their own private forum. they could start their own ANYPLACE THEY WANT.

i love women as much as any guy can, but let us have our own place they don't enter. the alternative is hypocritical.

The reason why guys are not allowed to post in the girls forum (but able to read it) is because girls would get "pounced on" by a few predetory males who were trying to proposition them, ask for pictures and even proposing marriage. You don't get that from a girl posting in the guys forum...

Secondly, it isn't a private forum because we can read it and, if we choose, make a comment elsewhere in a separate thread in the relevant forum.

We do tend to find that the Guys' Forum is somewhat self moderating in that girls very rarely (if ever) post there. If a thread is started in the Guys' Forum which applies to girls as well then it is often move to the "Anybody" forum anyway.

It isn't a matter of demarkation (or hypocrisy) it is all about making female posters feel safe from overbearing males intruding on girl talk.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

To echo many, WE need the girls to be involved with us even on a simple level of just feedback of ideas. Again they are the experts! even some simple natural things aren't for us. I have discussed this within a thread a few weeks ago and with Amanda re our "non posting in the girls" and again I believe that this is right for all the reasons as previously noted. Also I believe it helps keeps us level headed. Al

It all really boils down to "Balance". In life, there is no balance at all, women have far more self control, commit far less crime, are more thoughtful and generally know how to behave themselves far better than most men do (Hence why there are far more men in prison than women the world over)

Thus, women need far less restrictions imposed upon them because they know how to behave, can be civilised, polite and show self control.

The same applies anywhere, to anything, and its no different here.

Despite the rules, and even seeing previous posts deleted right in front of their eyes in the girls forum, Guys STILL post messages there, sometimes even saying "I know this is the girls forum, but...."

So, when this balance in nature is equal, then other things will also be balanced with it, until then guys, the girls forum is off limits, but the girls are free to post anywhere they like as far as we are concerned.

We welcome there input anywhere and everywhere because their input by nature is often more balanced, and without prejudice.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I look forward to the women's responses to our threads. I have no problem with them having their own section where they are allowed some privacy. My only wish is that more women would not only join this site, but respond even more to many of the male postings. I hope the female members are comfortable here and will join in as often as possible.

When we had the debate, moons ago, if guys should be banned from the girls' part of the forum, I put forward that the idea that 'for the girls' should be like the girls' powder room.

There they could have girly conversations without the guys butting in. OK, the walls would be VERY transparent, so, if we wished, we could see what they were talking about, but I'm sure that they could send PMs if they wanted to remain confidential.

Yes, totally agree.

What I find very disturbing though when I browse through the girls' section is that there seem to be increasingly many "fake girls" there, thus guys pretending they're girls. In some cases you can simply tell by the topic of a newly starting thread and/or the chosen nickname what's going on. Or, in my case, I once sent a PM to such a "girl" and "she" asked me for a picture. A bit strange, isn't it?

Despite the rules, and even seeing previous posts deleted right in front of their eyes in the girls forum, Guys STILL post messages there, sometimes even saying "I know this is the girls forum, but...."

I mostly like this rule ... just that it comes with some built-in nuisances, such as if someone finds an interesting topic but can't contribute to the discussion there, he needs to start a new thread about the exact same topic somewhere else, thereby splitting up topics, and most girls won't reply to the same topic in "For Everyone" if they already replied to it in the girls' section.

Also, some girls seem to "misuse"(?) this rule to start threads and discussions about guys topics and can write whatever they want there - right or wrong - without the chance of a guy to even post a link to the discussion from the guys' perspective in another section.

I have to agree with mostly everyone in this thread. I love it when I get a response from girls, whether positive or negative, and in all reality I prefer it from them then the guys. It's tell me that they are accepting what I have decided to do, even though it goes against the stereotypes of this time. Therefore, a womens should be able to post where they want. I also have seen what happens when a women places a negative response on their section. It's a flood of men responses against that comment, unitl the moderators deletes those responses. It's amazing when it happens and it's amazing that women stay in this forum, therefore, I thank the modes for policing that part of it, and agree with the current rule. I"m just happy I can read what they are saying. Therefore, ladies if you are reading this, please stay, read, write and state your opinions. This man thanks you for being here and letting us guys enjoy what you can do everyday of your lives.

I mostly like this rule ... just that it comes with some built-in nuisances, such as if someone finds an interesting topic but can't contribute to the discussion there, he needs to start a new thread about the exact same topic somewhere else, thereby splitting up topics, and most girls won't reply to the same topic in "For Everyone" if they already replied to it in the girls' section.

Thats why they started it in the girls forum, because they DO NOT want guys replies. If they want them, they will ask.

Also, some girls seem to "misuse"(?) this rule to start threads and discussions about guys topics and can write whatever they want there - right or wrong - without the chance of a guy to even post a link to the discussion from the guys' perspective in another section.

No, they can not, every member is bound by the website rules, so if these get broken, and we dont see it, report it to bring it to our attention. (It's really getting boring repeating this over and over again)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

It does not bother me either way. As long as women are supportive, encouraging and complimenting, I would welcome their opinions on this men's posting area. In fact we need more females joining as members of this site. To me it should not be a battle of the sexes, we are a community of heel wearers and we should support each other.

Let me start by saying: I very much so value the girls opinions and their unique insight as anyone of them are much more experienced in all aspects of what WE desire in our clothing choices.

From the occasional thread I have seen in the girls section where a guy has posted I can really see why WE are NOT allowed to post there. The comments that make it in before they are erased are more often than not selfish or bordering on rude. (Again this is only the few I have seen I can not say all are like that.)

One has to hope that threads such as this one do not turn our female contributors away for that would be a horrible outcome.

Now to finish: As to telling us a thousand times, I guess some just don't get it, I run into this in my work as well and I know just how tiring it can be.

Our hosts and web administrators do a fantastic job and show us all much patience with our blunders. I assume Tech is still Richie based on his very appropriate avatar and from the number of times he appears and the issues I have seen him handle he has my deepest respect because he puts so much of his time and maybe some of his soul into this site.

To all the administrators Thank-you for your hard and diligent work it is mch appreciated.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping for - an overwhelming show of support for the girls contributing to our posts. My apologies to the mods, I didn't mean to start the old "Why can't we post in the girls forum?" debate, I'm bored of reading that one so can't imagine how bored you must be responding to it! At least now we can go back to the like of Amanda Snake and Roz and say "Look, don't feel uncomfortable posting there, they want you to!" (At least I could if the thread she said it in wasn't in the Girls only forum :w00t2:) Thanks all for your responses. Spiker.

Now to finish: As to telling us a thousand times, I guess some just don't get it, I run into this in my work as well and I know just how tiring it can be.

Our hosts and web administrators do a fantastic job and show us all much patience with our blunders. I assume Tech is still Richie based on his very appropriate avatar and from the number of times he appears and the issues I have seen him handle he has my deepest respect because he puts so much of his time and maybe some of his soul into this site.

To all the administrators Thank-you for your hard and diligent work it is mch appreciated.

T&H

Thank You T&H, I couldn't have said that better, in fact I have been wanting to say somthing like that for a long time and not come up with the right wording.

Thank You to all the admins of this site.

Next:

It is a matter of RESPECT for the women of this forum that I agree 100% with "no men in the ladies area".

If you have a problem with what is being posted there, then, don't go there, I don't, I won't, no problem!

The women of this forum are more then welcome to post anywhere they want to, I welcome and respect their comments any time.

Thank You ladies in advance for your input.

Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Thats why they started it in the girls forum, because they DO NOT want guys replies. If they want them, they will ask.

No, they can not, every member is bound by the website rules, so if these get broken, and we dont see it, report it to bring it to our attention. (It's really getting boring repeating this over and over again)

I haven't expected any other answer. Obviously, there are examples of both, but I don't have the time right now to collect them for you. Will do later.

I also would like to say Thank You to the administrators for the hard work they do so very well.

Lets all Welcome the Ladies and make them feel comfortable and free to post anywhere they want and for the guys to read only the girls forum and not to post and give them their space. End of Sentence!!!

Hallo everybody, women should write here. Yes, I respect the rules that it`s not allowed for a men to post in the girls part. BUT I know I was in the minority here...I think SAME RULES FOR EVERYBODY and no exception for guys or girls! I think that's better for all people... and freedome for all Wearing what anyone wants to wear and thinking whatever anyone wants... or is this way only my way of philosophy? May be This forum is the best I`ve found... :w00t2: So happy heeling Shortskip