Men's level of heeling

hhboots

Men - Indicate your level of heeling:  

552 members have voted

1. 1. Men - Indicate your level of heeling:

• ADMIRE - You think about heels quite often, you like to see them on others, but will not wear them.
    • FANTASY - You would like to wear them, but circumstances will not allow you to wear them.
    • PRIVACY - You wear your heels strictly in private. Perhaps occasionally worn in the car or similar situation, but definitely out of public view.
    • DISCRETION - You wear androgynous, discreet, and/or lower heels in public, doing your best to hide that you are wearing them.
    • NEUTRAL - You heel in public and don't hide them, but aren't blatent about it. You're indifferent to what people think or don't mind some attention.
    • SHOW OFF - You wear heels in full display and perhaps a bit more of the fem. You know you are going to get attention and enjoy the attention.
    • FULL FEM - You go out either fully feminine dressed or very close to it. You expect to be noticed and get attention and you love every minute of it.

I think this is a great idea, it came from a recent jwhite44 post. I really hope he doesn't mind me putting this up, but it was a couple of weeks back since he made this post and have not seen it come up since, so here we go. [Also, hoping this has not already been done, I did a search but didn't see one that was quite the same...]

Indicate your level of heeling:

ADMIRE - You think about heels quite often, you like to see them on others, but will not wear them.

FANTASY - You would like to wear them, but circumstances will not allow you to wear them.

PRIVACY - You wear your heels strictly in private. Perhaps occasionally worn in the car or similar situation, but definitely out of public view.

DISCRETION - You wear androgynous, discreet, and/or lower heels in public, doing your best to hide that you are wearing them.

NEUTRAL/INDIFFERENT - You heel in public and don't hide them, but aren't blatent about it. You're indifferent to what people think or don't mind some attention.

SHOW OFF - You wear heels in full display and perhaps a bit more of the fem. You know you are going to get attention and enjoy the attention.

FULL FEM - You go out either fully feminine dressed or very close to it. You expect to be noticed and get attention and you love every minute of it.

Before this past year, I was in the privacy category. I then moved into the discretion category for most of the past year. I would like to think that recently I have moved into the neutral category as I don't hide it so much, but also am not obvious about it, and I don't care if I get stares or attention really.

Until last month, I was at Privacy, and had been in that category since my early 20's, when I bought my first pair of heels. As of last month, I would definitely categorize myself as Neutral.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Rats, this was my first poll creation. Might have been nice to let people see who voted for what, but alas, I suppose this will work anyway. :winkiss:

The software displays the current tally to board members after they vote.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I am a show off as shameless as that seems. In fact as I respond to this I am setting in a public place wearing black knee boots with a modest heel. In fact, I picked the spot where I am setting to potentially maximize exposure. I love wearing great shoes and I want to make an impression. But I have been a bit of a show off in most things I have ever done.

Style is built from the ground up!

Today I had to go and put up a for rent sign at a house that I own and rent out. I wore my 3 inch heel rosa boots from payless shoes. I was out by the hwy and the current renter was at home. I don't know if anyone noticed my boots, but I was wearing a pair of long dress slacks that I wear to work that partly cover the heels. I went up to the house and walked around it, but no one came out. I felt like people passing by could see my boots. I loved the feel of wearing my boots out in a semi public area. I am trying to work up to wearing heels out on the town, so for now I will keep wearing them around the farm and the house which I have been doing everynight this week.

i am sort of confused by the categories...i dont try to pass as fem at all(shaved head,goatee,etc) i wear my boots with full fetish leather usually. i guess the boots and my opera to shoulder length gloves could be consider fem..but not the rest. i suppose i defy categorization...lol...i love it.

i am sort of confused by the categories...i dont try to pass as fem at all(shaved head,goatee,etc) i wear my boots with full fetish leather usually. i guess the boots and my opera to shoulder length gloves could be consider fem..but not the rest. i suppose i defy categorization...lol...i love it.

:winkiss: hehe ... I would guess there are many here that don't fit neatly into one category. However, if I was to classify your description, I would call that almost a "show off" perhaps. :nervous: Just my 2 cents though

I am like you in the having a small amount of head hair and a goatee. I could never and have no desire to pass as femme, but I do go for what would likely be considered more feminine heels. On occasion I will venture out in a skirt, but I am without mistake still all guy in appearance and attitude.

Style is built from the ground up!

I just can't get up the nerve to walk out where I can be notced.

But in Privacy, WoooHooo!!!

HNH

WHY??? :nervous:

About 8 out of 10 people don't notice and don't care!

Of the 2 out of 10 that do notice, half still don't care and never say anything.

Of the 1 out of 10 that do notice and do care, half are positive and half are negative. In case you've lost count - that's 5 out of 100 are positive.

Of the 5 out of 100 that are negative, most will never say anything.

Of the 5 out of 100 that are positive, most are women who genuinely want to talk to you about wearing heels. :winkiss: So we are now back to my original question:

WHY???

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I voted PRIVACY but fit between this and NEUTRAL but not in the DISCRETION category. I only have stillettos and one pair of wedges but would probably wear heels out much more if I had some block heels. However, the old problem of obtaining some of these is hampered by my shoe size and the inability to use mail order due to wife's objections:sad:

I voted Discretion. I'm generally a more conservative person, so at least right now, I'd rather not deal with any potential conflicts or attention over them. hhboots, I'm honored you took the idea from a previous post of mine and converted it to post. It's always nice to have a thread where a lot of different opinions are expressed.

I voted Privacy because it's mostly what I do. Sometimes I do public wearing but it's in selected places and with people that really don't care about others are wearing in the feet (and clothes at all) but I'm not a regular street heeler even with the most discrete and hideous ones. When in public I'm in high stilletos and boots.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I only have one pair of heels, which my wife bought me. I do not wear them out of the house, not even in the car, but would love to. I would wear my gold 4.5" heel, 3/4" platform open toe, sling back stillitoes with by mens jeans (cover all but the tip of my toes, and the very bottom on the heel). They apear very discrete in the mirror, but do have a loud click clack when I walk which I fear draws too much attention to me/my wife.

Before I foudn HH Place and the inspiration it gave me I was certainly in the PRIVACY department, but I now live in NEUTRAL wearing what I am comfortable with and goes with what I am wearing. I can't remember now just how I found out about HHPlace, but boy am I glad I did. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I’ve finally admitted to myself that I’m a SHOWOFF, although, middle aged eccentric is also a reasonable description. After all, wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos over my jeans or with a skirt is a little passed NEUTRAL but I don’t consider it FULL FEM. It has taken a while to get to this phase. I started at the PRIVACY phase many years ago and stayed there for a long long time. I think I missed the DISCRETION phase but in the past few years I have decided to enjoy myself and wear what I like, so I had to accept that it would attract attention. The challenge was learning to enjoy it. There is a subtle similarity in NEUTRAL and SHOWOFF. You have to be indifferent to what people think if you’re going to wear heels in public because people will notice. The key to being indifferent to what other people think is having confidence in yourself because you are going out as you. This is contrasted with going out FULL FEM where you are really trying to be someone else. :winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG:-) Your the man. Not many can do what you are doing in public, but there are a lot of guys here that enjoy reading of your heeling adventures and wish that they were in your shoes, so-to-speak. Keep it up. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'm wearing heels outside for years... but always far away from home. Depending on situation I feel good or not about other looking to me... Usually I try to hide in public but sometimes I like to show them. Often people reactions are quite good, smiling and saying "have you seen?!"

One of the best way I like to do it is doing shopping. Ah yes, I forgot to tell about the high I wear: 12.5 cm (5 inches) for long walk and without plateform pleas (I really dislike plateforms). At home 6 inches are ok. Outside I'm dressed as regular guy with long blue jeans, nice nylon pantyhoses (I do love that too) and sexy knee or ankle black boot like http://www.high-feelings.de/shop.php/sid/136ca95573d9b7d0490151024b5d7bc8/cl/details/cnid/q134891702beea7e4.19648153/anid/luu48a30beb8852d1.92009150 or like http://www.high-feelings.de/shop.php/sid/136ca95573d9b7d0490151024b5d7bc8/cl/details/cnid/q134891701cef1fe8.87281934/anid/luu48a30bd7e42c68.21736023 or http://www.high-feelings.de/shop.php/sid/136ca95573d9b7d0490151024b5d7bc8/cl/details/cnid/76d487df8b92ded06.66650905/anid/a9c490970895d3868.46024909.

For the end of message, I just would tell: "I wouldn't live on earth without these faboulous objects that are high heels"... Hope the day that the fashion for men in heels generalized is coming soon...:winkiss:

I’ve finally admitted to myself that I’m a SHOWOFF, although, middle aged eccentric is also a reasonable description. After all, wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos over my jeans or with a skirt is a little passed NEUTRAL but I don’t consider it FULL FEM.

There is a subtle similarity in NEUTRAL and SHOWOFF.

This is contrasted with going out FULL FEM where you are really trying to be someone else.

Succinct, remarkable and quite honest! Quite a journey, my friend!

It's all about the heel!

I voted for neutral, but with discretion. I wear my boots fully exposed on late night or early morning outings. Yet on a rare day off, I might even be daring and go to a store and make a mid-day purchase. These are short trips, like going the the post office after hours, buying gas or coffee. I go out in my boots occasionally, as opposed to every day since it is very important to give my feet a rest.