Men's level of heeling

hhboots

Men - Indicate your level of heeling:  

552 members have voted

1. 1. Men - Indicate your level of heeling:

• ADMIRE - You think about heels quite often, you like to see them on others, but will not wear them.
    • FANTASY - You would like to wear them, but circumstances will not allow you to wear them.
    • PRIVACY - You wear your heels strictly in private. Perhaps occasionally worn in the car or similar situation, but definitely out of public view.
    • DISCRETION - You wear androgynous, discreet, and/or lower heels in public, doing your best to hide that you are wearing them.
    • NEUTRAL - You heel in public and don't hide them, but aren't blatent about it. You're indifferent to what people think or don't mind some attention.
    • SHOW OFF - You wear heels in full display and perhaps a bit more of the fem. You know you are going to get attention and enjoy the attention.
    • FULL FEM - You go out either fully feminine dressed or very close to it. You expect to be noticed and get attention and you love every minute of it.

I also voted for neutral. I go to lots of places in heels, including malls. I don't hide my heels, but don't go out of my way to show them off either, nor do I worry about how others perceive me. I simply wear the shoes I like, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I also voted neutral. I wear 4" or higher heels under long jeans or slacks but otherwise don't hide them. I go to the mall, lunch and dinner, and shopping all over the place in them. I wear heels designed after men's styles and have lots of closed toe ankle boots and oxford style shoes. Evenings, I sometime get more daring and wear something feminine like sandals or strappy heels with color.

Greetings, I am a neutral as well, wear boots whenever I can, 2" to 4" under jeans, low heels over jeans with hose, but have not gone full blown en femme for a few years now. Where I do it is also changes what I wear. I like Europe and big cities for anominous heeling, less revealing for smaller centers. I, as others hope for the change before we are too old! Mtnsofheels

JeffB said it all,

I wear 'cous I like them, why hide them?

So far I havent worn boots outside my pants, but I think I will next week.

I'm invited to a party that said 'Free dresscode', so I thought I'd take the word FREE very freely...

I have a pair of crotchhigh boots (http://www.nyttochnytta.se/Erogance/Prod_8868HS_BlackPU.htm)

and a pair of grey thight jeans

Just for the nice look of them...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

JeffB said it all,

I wear 'cous I like them, why hide them?

So far I havent worn boots outside my pants, but I think I will next week.

I'm invited to a party that said 'Free dresscode', so I thought I'd take the word FREE very freely...

I have a pair of crotchhigh boots (http://www.nyttochnytta.se/Erogance/Prod_8868HS_BlackPU.htm)

and a pair of grey thight jeans

Just for the nice look of them...

I've never worn crotch high boots. Are they comfortable?

Other than my wife, only a couple dozen shoe store clerks and "lucky" customers have seen me in heels. My taste in shoes is very feminine - the ones in my avatar are my current favorites. There would be no discretion or neutral and I'm just not willing to go all out. I was proud of myself Monday morning for walking about six feet from the garage door to the trash cans three times. With my heels under my work slacks, the darkness and rain helped insure that no one would notice. Good luck to all in your personal choices. ,

The first steps wearing heels outdoors are the hardest. The more steps you take the easier it becomes. Just keep it up and soon you will be walking further with confidence and enjoying your heels more. :-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Absolutly agree with you...more time, more confident and easier to go out and walk during hours on heels. By circumstances of my job, I am living out of my house during the week. One month ago, I decided to live on heels the most of the time that I could. Great decision!!!! I weak up on heels, I prepare my self and dress up on 4 inches boots or pumps. I go out from my apartment to the parking walking on heels. At the begining some neigboors look at me with curiosity but now, they dont pay attention to me or I feel so comfortable on high heels when I go to my car, that I dont mind. I drive on heels and when I arrive to my work, I put my "bussines shoes". But again in the afternoon, I go to shop on high heels to the supermarket, wearing long jeans until my ankles (showing clearly my stiletto), hanging a big black pursue in my shoulder, and nobody pay attention to me. The feeling is an incredible freedom because finally in my life, I can walk on 4 inches as always I dreemed and I am more and more confident with my image on heels in front the people that look at me.

Great thread! Sorry if this turns out to be a long reply. As for me, I tend to keep my heeling private, but in the past several weeks have started to venture outside the house, mainly around the house and not out in the street. However, this past weekend, I decided to stretch things a little bit. Friday evening after dark, I decided to take my ankle boots with me and change into them in the truck when I got away from the house. I proceded to drive around for almost 2 hours, wearing them while I drove. What a challenge driving in heels! I now have a real appreciation for how difficult it can be. The only time I got out during my trip was to walk to the mailbox outside the post office in a neighboring town (maybe about 20 feet to the box). I dropped my letters in and returned to my vehicle with only a single person looking out the shop window next to the post office to see who had pulled up. Other than that, the short walk was uneventful. But, what a feeing! It was such a rush to be out in public walking in my heels. I wished that I could have stayed out longer. The trip home was really quite normal except for when I got to my house. The next door neighbor was just pulling in 2 cars down from me, so I decided to drive around the block to give him enough time to get in the house before I got out. Unfortunately, there was no changing out of my boots as I had decided to take the locking ankle straps instead of the ones that just buckled on. I had no choice but to walk in from my vehicle wearing my boots. I did and again it felt wondeful. I enjoyed it so much that I did a repeat performance Saturday evening as well. The only difference was that instead of changing onto my heels in the truck, I actually wore them out of the house and walked to my vehicle parked in front of my house (after carefully looking both ways down the street to make sure that no one was coming). I had never done that before. Again, it was quite exciting (and as the night before, I decided to use the locking ankle straps instead of the plain buckling ones). So now, not only was I out in heels, but I had no other shoes with me to change into, nor could I change into different ones even if I had them with me. Just as the previous evening, I had a few pieces of mail to drop, so I made another trip to the same mailbox. The difference from the previous night was that it was a little earlier in the evening and this time a very bright light on the front of the building was still on, illuminating the entire area. I would now be walking in what could be considered almost broad daylight since the light was so bright. I quickly jumped out before I could change my mind and walked to the mailbox, dropping my letters in and then taking a quick look around while spinning on the balls of my feet. Other than a few vehicles passing by on the street, it was another uneventful walk. Since I was wearing my jeans, very little of the heel could be seen (my jeans stopped about 2" above the ground). Unless the passing vehicles actually concentrated on my walk (which is somewhat mincing in almost 6" heels), they'd never even know that I was anything other than someone just walking away from the mailbox. As I continued my drive, I thought of pulling into a gas station along the interstate to fill up the tank, but when I looked at the station, there were an awful lot of vehicles waiting there, both cars and big trucks alike. Unfortunately, it was far too busy there for me to take my first stroll in front of people. I'll have to wait for another time to do that. The rest of the trip back home was again, uneventful. I pulled in and minced my way into the house with no one around. While some of you might think that this probably wouldn't even be considered street heeling, for me it was a great step (pardon the pun). I really hope to be able to continue my trips outside, as they were really a great source of excitement for me. I will say one thing, driving that much in heels really made my legs sore today. Even that is an exciting feeling, knowing why they are so sore.

HH, Many of my "outings", especially earlier in the year (when I first found this site), were very much like those. One "step" at a time. And, even mine, were not in heels as high! The driving by a gas station, and getting the urge to go in and pay, hoping noone really is in there but the employee, getting all nervous...I remember those feeling well. Many times I am out, I still have them.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Nonsense, HHLover. I'd consider that to be measurable progress as far as street heeling goes. Power to you and sounds like you enjoyed it :) Hopefully you'll get to the point where it's natural for you and you won't give a second thought to people seeing you dressed "so differently".

Great telling of your outing there HHlover, the first times out can be nerve racking and at the same time incredible once you do it. Getting out of the car can be the biggest struggle in your mind. Even after a year of street heeling, I still get the hesitation, especially if I am wearing something more daring than usual. Once you do it though, you will realize, 99% of the people either won't notice or won't react at all (although I have not done 6" heels in public, so that might change the percentage a bit :w00t2: ) . Have fun with it, there is nothing like this in the world. I think as was mentioned in another thread, the taboo part of doing this in public is half the fun, but I still would wear them just as often even if some how they magically were accepted as normal for men.

HHLover, I find it interesting that you had trouble driving in heels. Maybe it because the car was a place that I had the vast majority of my early heel experiences, I've never had a bit of trouble driving with heels on. In fact, it kind of makes you drive properly, using the ball of your foot for the accelerator and brake, the way it supposed to be done )or at least that is how the professionals say to do it). Even in my very early experiences, I do not recall having a problem with heels and driving. Just an observation......please do not take as criticism.

HHLover, I find it interesting that you had trouble driving in heels. Maybe it because the car was a place that I had the vast majority of my early heel experiences, I've never had a bit of trouble driving with heels on. In fact, it kind of makes you drive properly, using the ball of your foot for the accelerator and brake, the way it supposed to be done )or at least that is how the professionals say to do it). Even in my very early experiences, I do not recall having a problem with heels and driving. Just an observation......please do not take as criticism.

Hi RonC,

No criticism taken.

It was difficult because of the heel height. My foot was just at such a strange angle because the heel was almost 6" high. I started to get used to it after a while, but it was just such a different experience for me.

I always do drive with the ball of my for on the accelerator and brake, but I'm so used to having my heel in *GASP* flats (such as sneakers) firmly planted on the floor. Having that "high" heel there just threw things way out of whack.

• 4 weeks later...

HHLover... Your outing sound so much similar to mine and others. And I guarentee the more you wear high heels in public and the more places you go and people let you go about your business in high heels, The more confident you will feel and the more fun you will have. Please let us know of your future outings and good luck and have fun!

Since originally doing the poll and a short statement (p3 post 26) confidence has been building quite steadily. Daytime short outings more common with a chunky heel Night-time in darkness even more so in sandals or courts however not ready for shopping in those yet. Concerts are on the horizon. and most of all, more concious of how much heel is showing as oppose to hiding all. I suppose I'm neigh on mid way now to the next level "neutral". Al

Hi, I had to vote "full fem" because I think I swing more that way than just "show off" because I have digressed into wearing skirts/ skirt suits with heels a lot. I must clarify that I am not into the 'drag' thing though! This post is awesome and its great to see signs of how confidence grows with experience. While I'm a bit excessive its nice to know there are many others who are closing the gap. Makes me feel a bit better and a little less of a crazy man. The main thing is everyone enjoys what they're doing. see ya Heel-Lover

I voted privacy as I have no need to go out in public dressed femme. Once though, on a dark night , I went for a drive dressed in a knee length black dress, long high boots, a long coat and headcarf. I got into my car scared that someone might see me and drove to a deserted carpark where I got out and walked about. I was petrified that I would be spotted throught this expedition but it went without incident.

I so wish I had the courage to wear my heels in public.

Put your heels on, go to a store or mall, walk through one door and out the other and don't pay any attention to anybody else at all. If someone say's anything, just tell them it's a dare and keep on going.

real men wear heels

I had to vote "neutral" as I am more uncomfortable with my other choices. I like attention, and I like to make bold statements in many ways (shoes being one of other ways I express my uniqueness), and I like a big, tall, thick heel because it makes a bold, masculine statement. It's rock-star masculine, not effeminate. Plus, as I've said many times, it takes a real man with balls of steel to rock high heels. :thumbsup:

I so wish I had the courage to wear my heels in public.

Take johnies wise words of wisdom!! What some people have done is to go to the mail box or post office late at night. My first time out was unplanned and to an auto parts store in hurry. Find a shoe that your are happy with and comfortable with and go for it. Remember we have all been there before and we are behind you all the way.

A very true statement above. We have all been there before and we are all behind you for you to succeed in your streetheeling efforts. Just go out and do it, and then post to us how the challenge went for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

i like that,tell them its a dare and keep on going...thats probably the only level of understanding that the general public would understand. i approach it like the late,great henry ford the second once said:"never complain and never explain". in other words,decide on a course of action and damn the torpedoes. and if someone needs to know about it,let them write a book about after you are dead. then they can make up shit and make a movie.

I am wearing heels while staying at the Hotel that I stay at on business every week. Last night I wore jeans with red 5" pumps and today I am wearing brown 5" pumps with dress slacks and white dress shirt. Attached is a picture of me at the desk before going to work in the morning. Henri

post-8516-133522876109_thumb.jpg

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.