Men's level of heeling

hhboots

Men - Indicate your level of heeling:  

552 members have voted

1. 1. Men - Indicate your level of heeling:

• ADMIRE - You think about heels quite often, you like to see them on others, but will not wear them.
    • FANTASY - You would like to wear them, but circumstances will not allow you to wear them.
    • PRIVACY - You wear your heels strictly in private. Perhaps occasionally worn in the car or similar situation, but definitely out of public view.
    • DISCRETION - You wear androgynous, discreet, and/or lower heels in public, doing your best to hide that you are wearing them.
    • NEUTRAL - You heel in public and don't hide them, but aren't blatent about it. You're indifferent to what people think or don't mind some attention.
    • SHOW OFF - You wear heels in full display and perhaps a bit more of the fem. You know you are going to get attention and enjoy the attention.
    • FULL FEM - You go out either fully feminine dressed or very close to it. You expect to be noticed and get attention and you love every minute of it.

There is no doubt at all that by wearing high heeled footwear routinely in public for years now that I've become far more open-minded with regards to the various way others choose to express themselves.

Charlie

I would totally agree that is true for me as well.

Based on your description, I personally would say you have a bit of discretion (by partially hiding the heels under the jeans), but mostly you are neutral, because you wear heels that would be pretty obvious to see otherwise.

I am pretty close to what you described myself, I wear long bootcut jeans over my heels, except I usually wear slightly thicker heels (1" - 1.5" in diameter) in public, mainly because I am about 30 pounds overweight and I think stilettos look far better on slender people (men and women).

To be honest I'm not against flaunting my shoes, some of my most memorable moments in heels have been when a guy figures things out and does the jaw down stare. I'm totally straight but when they have the deer with headlight look you can't help but just do something off the wall like blow them a kiss and wink. I'm a total real life troll now.

And yeah, I'm definitely an ectomorph body type so stilettos aren't out of the question. Oddly they are easier to walk in for longer periods than the wider heels. Ankle torque?

In either case, with the humidity and heat being as they have this summer I've not worn much past nothing or my fingershoes when outside. Stupid Minnesota and Global Warming. Go from "jesus its fricking freezing out I could make icecubes in a minute in my car", to "jesus I can fry eggs in my car now".

I'm going to go hug my a/c now.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually wore my pair of heels out once in the car. went through drive thru at wendys wearing them. driving while wearing them is hard.dont know how girls do it. dont think i was seen by workers at wendys.

There's two simple answer to the difficulties found while driving in heels. Practice or don't do it.

After years of driving in heels, it's almost second nature for me. Platforms require another level of attention all together as you'll quickly start to miss pedals without due care. Personal advise, drive slower than normal and definitely under the speed limit. Sure, you'll upset some drivers out there but who cares, you're going to need that extra microsecond or two to react to circumstances better when in heels.

Ultimately though, it's quite dangerous if your out of practice so please take care when driving in heels.

Back on topic - I've read this thread backwards and forwards now and think I'm about settled on how to describe my level of heeling.

Neutral. (anticlimax? :irked:)

I wear them out in public and although I do care if someone I know sees me, when in a totally random remote location, I really don't care. I'm also wearing heels in work (admitted, in an office where no-one can see me or when everyone is out for lunch so no-one knows) but I'm starting to reach the point where I'm not really bothered who knows providing it doesn't get back to the wife...

Chris

I must have developed the talent to drive in heels naturally. Whether it was a stick shift or an automatic transmission, driving in heels with or without platforms has been no big deal, at least for me. When I wear heels, they are an extension of me. Many people have recounted or reported about their problems with heels while driving and all I can do is wonder if they are focused on driving or something else, like their heels, the tunes or conversations on the radio, last night's or this evening's activity, the attractive person walking on the sidewalk, the flying bug in the car, or whatever.

I have to agree with you Histietto. I have no more difficulty driving in heels than in flats, and I drive a 5 speed manual.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have to agree with you Histietto. I have no more difficulty driving in heels than in flats, and I drive a 5 speed manual.

I find it easier to drive in heels than flats - it makes it easier to drive fast :irked: I wear heels everywhere since I got them, but since they are men's heels, I do not really care who sees or hears them. When I get my OMANO boots - if they ever come, I might consider what people think, since they arent cowboy boots.

• 1 month later...

I'm slowly morphing from privacy to discretion. My wife and I have had a talk about my dressing (lingerie as well as shoes), and she's finally realizing that it's part of who I am, as opposed to just a bedroom fetish that she's absolutely not into. She's finally seen me in heels, and the response was somewhere between neutral and supportive. I have gone out in extremely stealthy boots before, a pair of Clarks Daras:

http://a1.zassets.com/images/z/1/5/9/1595429-p-2x.jpg

But am now looking at boots with a higher block heel to wear around the house, with the intention of taking them out and about in San Francisco. I don't think I'll ever wear anything like pumps out in public, I'm thinking the wife would prefer those stay indoors.

I'm slowly morphing from privacy to discretion...But am now looking at boots with a higher block heel to wear around the house, with the intention of taking them out and about in San Francisco. I don't think I'll ever wear anything like pumps out in public, I'm thinking the wife would prefer those stay indoors.

I said that a few years ago and find myself going out in pumps and sandals now and then, even though I mostly stick with clogs. It's a slippery slope and when you get momentum, you won't want to stop. The more you wear in public, with both you and the wife noticing that few people notice or care or say anything, the more confidence you'll have to continue to push the envelope! Good luck!

Steve

...But am now looking at boots with a higher block heel to wear around the house, with the intention of taking them out and about in San Francisco. I don't think I'll ever wear anything like pumps out in public, I'm thinking the wife would prefer those stay indoors.

You might look at a some previous posts on mine about a good block heel ankle boot I found:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/15856-who_has_bought_some_new_boots-44.html#post258375

I have an original descriptive post about 1/3 down the page (pg 44), with the picture posts about 2/3 of the page down.

If you look on the Naturalizer ankle boot page:

http://www.naturalizer.com/en-US/Womens/_/_/Boots~Ankle/_/Products.aspx

The 'Orah' boots look similar to what you have now; Naya is in the style of mine (thought I don't like the 'rolled-cuff' look). If you keep your pants leg below that (guessing you would, otherwise you'd be showing the full heel plus some!), then I think they'd be a great disreet pair of ankle boots. They look to have a similar sole & heel material as mine, so I'd expect them to just as dead-quiet as mine are. [There's no stealth with a noisy pair of heels.]

For some 'amusement', open the Orah and Naya pictures I've attached (or, you can do open two webpages). There's no way the Naya heel is only 1/2" higher. The Giddy boot listed a 2 3/4" heel; real height on mine was a shade under 3 1/2". Based on comparing the Giddy and Naya pictures, I think the Naya's heel is could probably be a bit higher.

One thing that's unfortunately not comparable is the price. The regular price of the Naya's is $190, vs the $119. But looking at a previous thread, when I bought them, they were on sale (16% discount). Coupled with a 'new member' discount of 30% when I joined their online buyers club, they came down to $70. Between their discounts, and that other online retailers do sell Naturalizer shoes, you might find them at an acceptable price.

Plus one extra feature the Natuarlizers have is that they come in wide widths. That can greaty improve the wearabilty compared to a reguler Medium width.

post-13957-133522955146_thumb.jpg

post-13957-133522955148_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I voted discretion. I wear boots with pantyhose/tights round the house, but only wear them outside when I go to London, which is 2 hours away. I love to spend a day walking round in London. I only wear 35mm heels, but it feels good to walk around outside even if nobody notices. If I go for a coffee I like to let my trouser legs ride up my boots when I sit, depending on who else is in the cafe at the time. I like it when a lady notices, but no-one has actually commented yet

• 1 month later...

I find it easier to drive in heels than flats - it makes it easier to drive fast :smile: I wear heels everywhere since I got them, but since they are men's heels, I do not really care who sees or hears them. When I get my OMANO boots - if they ever come, I might consider what people think, since they arent cowboy boots.

Can't wait to see pics of you in those OMANO boots, they are so hot, wish I could afford them! Don

I regularly wear cowboy boots with a 2.5 inch heel (and generally an insert to raise them inside!) and get very little attention. Yesterday I wore them for a hospital appointment and they made a colossal clatter in the corridors and in the waiting room! I'm sure quite a few people looked, but I ignored everyone and concentrated on walking without slapping the sole down. I was wearing bootcut black cords, but the heel would have been obvious.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

• 8 months later...

I admit i have not gone out in full public view. But once I did go pay my rent at the front office and wore a pair of Bakers Moccasin wedges punchline is the name and they have a 3 and a half inch heel. so this the first time i have walked for a distance in heels the walk to the manager office was about three minutes And I admit it felt like thirty minutes Felt nervous and was watching how I was walking and This was at about 10 in the morning not like walking on carpet in my apartment! If any one was watching it probably looked like I was drunk wearing high heels LOL. Paying close attention to how I walked and not at ease and natural took little steps made good first attempt. Anyway went into the office and a nice girl named Trishia was there so i sat down payed the rent had a nice conversation and then asked how open minded she was. and here it goes raised my leg up and showed her the wedges and asked what she thought. she says she does not wear too many high heels I asked if she wanted to try them on She gave me a thoughtful look but said nothanks nice about it tho. So we had a little bit more conversation and I knew she was getting busy for the day and said thankyou shook her hand and told her to have a great day. And she watched me take little steps back to my apartment I am glad to go out even if it was only a short distance Made my day!

Gibby, sounds like a great start -- a "baby step" that was a successful outing for you. How long ago did that take place? Have you gone out heeling since then? We don't live too far apart. I'm in central Ohio, east of Columbus. If you ever go east on I-70, send me a private message on here and we can arrange to get together and meet in person. Heeling in public builds character. Everybody here who does it is a character! Steve

The only problem that I usually have with driving in heels is that, because I wear stilettos almost everywhere (and as such have steel heels put on any that I get), I go through car mats with frightening regularity as I keep wearing holes in them with the heels.

To answer the original question, I am full femme mostly. At least, I am when I can be bothered to shave! I couldn't care less about what people think of me and have had quite a few comments, both positive (normally from women) and negative (normally form men around 20 -25). I find that the thing that disarms people most when they do their best guppy fish impression is to smile at them and tell them that it's rude to stare!