Men's level of heeling

hhboots

Men - Indicate your level of heeling:  

552 members have voted

1. 1. Men - Indicate your level of heeling:

• ADMIRE - You think about heels quite often, you like to see them on others, but will not wear them.
    • FANTASY - You would like to wear them, but circumstances will not allow you to wear them.
    • PRIVACY - You wear your heels strictly in private. Perhaps occasionally worn in the car or similar situation, but definitely out of public view.
    • DISCRETION - You wear androgynous, discreet, and/or lower heels in public, doing your best to hide that you are wearing them.
    • NEUTRAL - You heel in public and don't hide them, but aren't blatent about it. You're indifferent to what people think or don't mind some attention.
    • SHOW OFF - You wear heels in full display and perhaps a bit more of the fem. You know you are going to get attention and enjoy the attention.
    • FULL FEM - You go out either fully feminine dressed or very close to it. You expect to be noticed and get attention and you love every minute of it.

WetWillie:-) Now that could be considered a very short sreetheel, I guess. Can't you hear the neighbors talking? "Did you see that? He must have company. She went out in her nighty to get his mail". Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I am wearing heels while staying at the Hotel that I stay at on business every week. Last night I wore jeans with red 5" pumps and today I am wearing brown 5" pumps with dress slacks and white dress shirt. Attached is a picture of me at the desk before going to work in the morning.

Henri

Color me impressed! That was one smart outfit, and you wore it well. You certainly do have a fine sense of style. More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When referring to men's level of heeling, this could be an unffair question. Some men only wear what is considered "masculine" heels, while others pefer the "feminine" styling. Heeling in cowboy boots with a tapered 4" high heel has been a staple in men's western formal attire for quite some time. Even the 2.5" block heel of the YSL men's shoe has become an accepted look, lately. So fully exposing this men's level of heeling doesn't hold the place as being full fem or does it? So this thread must be geared to those of us that prefer the "feminine" footwear styling for our heeling activeness. For now, I will stipulate that I am in the neutral status. I am just a man who wants to dress well with his desired footwear complimenting the look. I don't want to be an attention getter. I just want to be able to wear the footwear I desire, whether being publicly accepted or not. I have been too concerned over what others would think, that I have chosen to live a double life. Like I intimated in another thread, if you are living someone elses way of life, you aren't known to anyone for who you are. You can't have the real joy of being accepted or rejected for who you really are. Oh! I wish that I had fully realized this many years ago. We might not have needed this forum as it is now. Not that I don't appreciate the help each of you have offered by your posting and the opportunity to be a part of all your lives, but what could've been is still with in my grasp. I want to take this opportunity and tear down the separating wall in my life and begin to live a whole existense. No longer having to use deceit or cowaring, but standing tall (in heels, of course) and strengthening the good relationships and forging new ones in all honesty and forthright bearing. I won't be able to clean up all the messes I have made prior, but I can make sure my future has fewer errors out of being other's expectations for now they will be able know me.

My level is that of Neutral. I am not over concerned about it, but I like to be careful. I have noticed and remember from the "Shawshank Redemption" what was said by Morgan Freeman's chracter "that no one ever notices the shoes your wearing". I have come to observe that of others even though I do love to look at the heels the ladies are wearing.

I am particularly wearing them in private, i got the guts to wear them twice in public, and some outing where no one was around which counts as private. I am planning to try as much as possible to expose again just is so dificult, I would prefer where the moment would be just as a celebration where im not the only one male heeler. Maybe would like to join one day to those annual meetings.

V. Morpho

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I went for neutral / show-off with my 3" Edwardian-like knee high boots. I wore them fully exposed over my leather pants, with an over-the-knee shearling coat and a "women's" hat with a bow. Many compliments followed, some usual giggles from local chavs too. I don't care a bit about the latter. BTW. I've bought myself a tailcoat in a thrift store. It's wonderful!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Since I replied to this thread, I think I have undergone a bit of a psychological transformation. Though I am still pretty much a show-off, my mental attitude toward heeling has become more neutral. I love wearing heels, and if they are noticed- that's fine. However, many times I feel less aware of others and just go about my business. Maybe neutral is kind of like heeling Nirvana?

Style is built from the ground up!

I wear heels that I enjoy wearing. If I'm heading out, I don't wear heels unless I'm going far enough away that I don't run into anyone I know. Masculine? Feminine? What's the difference, if all heels are considered feminine by society? How about dainty, vs rugged? If so, the heels I do wear in public would be rugged.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

After you heel in public a bit more and gain more confidence, you may want to go a bit more femme with the heels as some of the guys have successfully done here.

No thanks. I like heels, but am not into en femme.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

Kikepa:-)

I take note of your point. Gotcha!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I said I'm not into en-femme, but I didn't mean to offend anyone. Apologies, if I did.

What I am into is fashion freedom. For some, that means CD/TV. For others, that means being fully male, just wearing what we want, instead of what people say we should. I don't bend too many norms, but at home I'm as likely to be wearing a skirt and boots as I am jeans and hiking boots. I've worn dresses out to the movies, but you wouldn't know it, as it's a long, single-piece black, long-sleeved affair without a bit of femininity on it, except for the length, which falls to just above the ankle, and I always wear it over a pair of jeans. When asked (only once), I said it was an English frock, which it essentially is (except the English part). Men have worn them in Britain since the 1600s (though hardly recently). I wear a normal coat over it when outside, but once I'm settled into the theater and the lights are down, I remove my coat.

I've worn it a couple of times with medium-heeled boots, again with jeans. Turns some heads, nothing more.

When I first saw this thread I voted Neutral but after reading all the comments and particularly Guy N. Heels WHY???, I think I am moving to Show Off. I only wear boots and nothing too high in view of my aged knees and ankles. I have a kilt on order in an effort to ease the transition to going out in a skirt. Any outing will, however, have to wait until our freezing winter has ended!

• 2 weeks later...

The main issue for me is that whenever I go out, I never go out to dress for success. Like, if I want to wear heels. I'm gunna think about an outfit for a long time. And make sure it looks good. I need to get my hair just right, shave, make-up (if i decide to), and have a general idea of what I'm doing. I'm not at the point where I'll do all that if I'm chilling with friends. I mean, I put a foot forward when I know I should/want to. But it's just not always my best one. That's one of the few reasons why I haven't really gone out in public with my heels.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

• 1 month later...

You're young yet. You've plenty of time, if you choose to wait a while. However, why not buy a nice pair of girls shoes and wear them as your regular everyday footwear? A nice pair of penny loafer style shoes with 1 1/2" or 2" heel will go virtually unnoticed. Wear them to school and everywhere you go. No one will really care.....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I am in the neutral range. I havent always been there, but it has been a process. It takes time to build confidence and courage to go out in public wearing high heels. I typically wear boot cut or flare leg ladies jeans with my heels, because I like the look. My shoes are usually partially covered but when I am walking there is no doubt about it. After going out in public a few times I realized that most people dont notice or dont care.

I voted for show off. I'm proud of the fact that I can take short trips in my neighborhood in seven and eight inch heels. The response has been overwhelmingly positive. I yearn to have more free time so that I can build up my heeling endurance to take longer trips and perhaps wear skyscrapers all day and go anywhere in them. -MJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am a show off as shameless as that seems. In fact as I respond to this I am setting in a public place wearing black knee boots with a modest heel. In fact, I picked the spot where I am setting to potentially maximize exposure. I love wearing great shoes and I want to make an impression.

But I have been a bit of a show off in most things I have ever done.

Well I certainly don't hide my stiletto boots but it doesn't dictate where I sit in restaurants... They are just shoes after all -- shoes I look good in!:silly:

The thing is to build your confidence to the point you can step out the door & be who you truly are!! it's not a huge step -- just over that threshold -- come join me!! The more you heel in the world the easier it gets -- believe me. AND it's BOTH thrilling & FUN!!:clap:

I heel proudly -- out & about every day....:winkiss:

GTMHP

Discretion is the better part of valour, so I stick to wearing boots with jeans and about a 1 1/2 inch heel in public for the present time....maybe I will brave a Higher Heel in the near future

BR, you should brave a higher heel, upto 3" and in full view, unless it is overtly feminine (aka Stiletto) of course, you'll find that no one will bat an eyelid as long as you just go about your business as if there was nothing whatsoever out of the ordinary. Gets tougher once you go above 3".

Of course this doesn't mean don't wear stiletto heels, far from it. If you have the confidence to do so, then what are you waiting for. However, most guys don't and so the blockier/cuban heels are a much better and easier to wear without feeling you've got a big neon flashing sign over your head saying - "look at me wearing pervy girls heels". We know they are not pervy, but it is how we and society at large are programmed to think - sadly.

I have to take my hat of to the guys who wear stiletto heels out and about. They do fly in the face of public perceptions, and are certainly taking a risk because anyone who is different is a potential target and you only have to be one block out to go from safe to unsafe. Still the more it is done, the more others in the safe zone will see and join in and so it spreads. I just like to not have to worry about where I wear heels and if they have to be cubans to wear them wherever I please, then so be it.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I agree with Thighboots2, you'll have much more success wearing higher heels if you find ones that are wider. If you can find shoes with block or chunk heels, wearing '3" high heels' will not be too difficult (read - not draw a lot of attention to yourself). If you find ones with the heel being the full width of the shoe (look at some of the ones here http://www.love4heels.com/Privatheelpics.html ), they might almost come back into looking like men's motorcycle boots (just with unusually high heels), and not necessarily feminine at all.

If you're looking to wear stilletto heels, they're always going to be associated with women (IMHO), likely an uphill battle wearing them. If you are simply looking to wear "heels", because you like that they have height vs flat male shoes, there are other options that might work better.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

im one of those guys with the brass to wear whatever i want whenever i want and not care what anyone else has to say about it. its rare that i leave the house without eyeliner and mascara on.

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

First of all, wearing stiletto has been the only type of high heels I have ever desired. Furthermore, the stiletto has to have the certain styling as if they were part of long stemmed wine glasses with somewhat narrow to medium wide flutes to hold up each heel of the foot. I know this is considered the most feminine of heel styles and this is the styling which embraces the being I am. It's hard to wrap my thinking around wearing the blocked high heels with and without platforms to have footwear that appears in the masculine styling that is being promoted by many in this forum. In my younger years, when I had to get another pair of men's shoes, I would pick the shoes that I didn't have to lace up and they had to look as close to the feminine footwear as I could buy from the men's selection. Within the last few decades, there have been times when it seemed all footwear had become masculine in the designing, styling, and construction. This was like a nightmare directed especially at me, because I hated the look so much. Even now, this influence is still seen in many of the feminine shoes on the market.

First of all, wearing stiletto has been the only type of high heels I have ever desired. Furthermore, the stiletto has to have the certain styling as if they were part of long stemmed wine glasses with somewhat narrow to medium wide flutes to hold up each heel of the foot. I know this is considered the most feminine of heel styles and this is the styling which embraces the being I am.

It's hard to wrap my thinking around wearing the blocked high heels with and without platforms to have footwear that appears in the masculine styling that is being promoted by many in this forum. In my younger years, when I had to get another pair of men's shoes, I would pick the shoes that I didn't have to lace up and they had to look as close to the feminine footwear as I could buy from the men's selection. Within the last few decades, there have been times when it seemed all footwear had become masculine in the designing, styling, and construction. This was like a nightmare directed especially at me, because I hated the look so much. Even now, this influence is still seen in many of the feminine shoes on the market.

This is exactly how I feel. I much prefer the more feminine, stiletto high heels for the beauty of the shoe and the pleasure of wearing it. I do wear the more masuline "block" high heels to work. But when I am out-and-about, I slip on the stiletto high heeled shoes and enjoy the moments.