The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Jaunt #198, 9/7/2013:

With Labor Day having come and gone, the summer of 2013 is officially over. However, I'm still wearing skirts, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Like I've said a few times before, I see no reason to wear jeans, and even when the weather inevitably turns cooler, I could simply opt for longer, thicker skirts and stock up on tights to wear with my knee high boots. Anyhoo, this was a short outing as I had college football (Penn State) to watch, and I wanted to take my new Payless "Karmen" pumps out for a spin to see what they were like, pairing them with a denim blue K-Mart campshirt, the JCPenney American Living 20 inch black denim pencil skirt (previously worn on August 16th) and a black handbag. My first stop was downtown to tap an ATM for some cash, the Karmens were quite comfortable with the padded footbed, easy to walk in thanks to the three inch heels which made a pleasing click on the sidewalk and looked good on my feet.

My next stop was to my favorite comic shop half a mile away, after finding a spot a block away from the shop, I hopped out, fed the meter and strolled to the shop, getting to enjoy a good little walk. I passed a goodly number of people, didn't get any stares, odd looks, giggles or guffaws, so is the sight of a middle aged man in a snug skirt with heels and hefting a handbag no big deal, or was that simply a case of people giving me my own space and being polite enough not to make a scene? Perhaps it's a combination of the two, who knows. Admittedly, I was a tad more dressed up than what might considered normal for a lazy Saturday, but hey, nothing wrong with looking sharp, and that's something I strive to do. I spent a solid twenty minutes or so in the shop as the staff is long used to seeing me in all sorts of women's wear and shoes, after leaving, I walked past more people, including a mother and two young daughters, again, no reactions. Fancy that.

From there, it was off to South Jersey and Moorestown for lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Now, I did get a few odd looks/long stares when I walked in, but no one made a big deal of my appearance while I ate. Lastly, Best Buy where I spent nearly an hour gazing at all the cool gadgets, including new Ultra HD TV sets from Sony and Samsung which looked pretty darn awesome, the only people who approached me were those blue shirt clad salesperseons who asked me if I needed help. Finally, I left the store with a Roku 3 streaming player which I'd been interested in for awhile. A pretty enjoyable little trip made all the better by wearing a skirt and heels. It's the only way to go, my friends!

post-154-0-04093200-1378635473_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-57679900-1378635480_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-16567900-1378635494_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-68772700-1378635500_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I passed a goodly number of people, didn't get any stares, odd looks, giggles or guffaws, so is the sight of a middle aged man in a snug skirt with heels and hefting a handbag no big deal, or was that simply a case of people giving me my own space and being polite enough not to make a scene? Perhaps it's a combination of the two, who knows.

I know what you mean. With some people it looks like they genuinely haven't noticed (like the "Invisible Gorilla" psychology experiment). However with most people I get the feeling they have noticed but they wish to conceal the slightest indication that they've noticed, to the extent that I do feel conscpicuously ignored. Sure there are a few who react with a mixture of surprise or disapproval, but the nicest reactions are the smiles, or even the very rare compliment.

Admittedly, I was a tad more dressed up than what might considered normal for a lazy Saturday, but hey, nothing wrong with looking sharp, and that's something I strive to do.

Yes, I also enjoy making the effort to look smarter than average, not to compete with anyone but simply to feel good within myself. It's quite a buzz feeling coordinated.

If you like it, wear it.

Jeff.. I think I know what it is with you while your out on your jaunts.

Darian was looking at some of your pictures while I was browsing along and my sister joined us. Along comes the Niece and the ' Granny '.. next thing I know, theres no fewer then 5 women looking at your pictures and asking each other questions and then they asked ME questions about you!

I told them we have never met in person, we both share an interest in anime or ' Gundams ' ( have to be precise there! ;) ) and that we have some similar tastes in what we might wear but.. thats as far as it goes.

My sister commented that " Younger men can often pull things off better then older men ". I about pissed myself laughing!

NONE of them believed you were over 40. ' Granny ' then stated " I believe why he goes about his business and nobody bugs him is because hes probably very wise but he surly doesnt look to have the years to prove it. He knows what hes doing and is probably beyond caring what anyone has to say about what he does on his own time. Those in the know should assume better then to question him when hes out on his merry way." and she walked away.

Granny hit the nail on the head ( I believe ).

I think the women were correct though. You definitely wear your years better then a lot of us!

Cheers!

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

JeffB,

Glad you had a nice time on your jaunt on Saturday. The outfit was very well co-ordinated. I'm glad to see you wearing pumps too. I like wearing pumps too and did so on my Sunday heeling event, yesterday.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well, thanks for the kind words, everybody! Much appreciated! Meanwhile, I had no idea there were members in the Tri-state area. Cool!

SleekHeels: You brought up some good points there. I guess I don't mind being ignored, I suppose that means people are willing to let me go my own way just like other people go their own way. And yeah, it is nice to dress up for a jaunt.

ilikekicks: Well, I must admit I don't quite know what to say. To have five women staring at my pictures was quite the ego stroking little event. Cool! Many thanks to Granny for the kind words, I guess I do pretty good for 54! HA!

54?!?!?! I figured you were in your mid 40's like myself! Holy shit! The ladies were quite correct! You do NOT look your years my friend! Wish I could say the same ;)

Keep on with the Jaunts!

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

54?!?!?! I figured you were in your mid 40's like myself! Holy shit! The ladies were quite correct! You do NOT look your years my friend! Wish I could say the same ;)

Keep on with the Jaunts!

-Ilk

Well, thank you very much!  :)

Jeff, looking good! You inspired me to perhaps try again... I put on a simple grey skirt and peep toe wedges and went for a walk up the road.. I didnt give a shit what people thought, I think the fear must be confronted. I may do some outings again soon, but in the meantime am looking forward to your 200th jaunt... @Steve, sorry I was a bit of a b*tch to you earlier... I want to change my username as it doesn't reflect the true me... :wink:

post-15255-0-07257200-1378991463_thumb.j

@KiLty, No problem! I have a thick skin and wasn't at all miffed about what you said. All is forgiven. And I DID get your name right this time! Best, Steve

no worries :wink: I want to change my username as I'm now living full time as a woman :shock: No to be serious wanted something easy to remember me by as kilty does look a bit lame... (Jeff, thanks for letting me and Steve squat on your thread) :)

That's okay! Just don't make it a habit! :silly:

Jaunt #199, 9/14/2013:

I'm filing this trip under the joys of pleasant surprises. I have a 20 inch light denim pencil skirt I bought from Sears but hadn't worn in at least three years, perhaps longer, I'm not sure, out of curiosity, I tried it on, and even though I put on a few pounds since I last wore it, and it's a size 12 to boot (I usually wear 14), it still fit, and, like practically EVERY skirt I wear, it looked good on me, so I decided to wear it, pairing it with a black long sleeved mockneck as it was rather chilly along with the Payless "Karmen" pumps in black and a handbag. This was to be a short outing as I planned to get back in time to watch Johnny Football and Texas A & M face off against Alabama. The skirt was a treat to wear, especially since it was nice and snug, emphasized my rear end and had a nice little slit in back. Gotta go out in pencil skirts more often! They're fun! Oh, yeah, it was fun to wear the Karmen pumps too as they're quite comfortable while the 3 inch heels made that nice clicking sound I like so much.

My first stop was to a branch of my bank near downtown to deposit a check, hopping out of the car and feeding the meter, I walked right into the bank where there was a fair crowd, including a mother with three cute little girls, all of whom stared right at me, but they didn't say anything, nor did the adults for that matter. Ten minutes later, I was out the door, back in the car and headed into town to visit my favorite comic shop, having parked about a block away, I enjoyed a nice little walk, passing by numerous people, but no one said a thing, as usual. Admittedly, I often find that rather curious, that a middle aged man in a snug skirt and heels can garner no attention whatsoever, still, I make a not to never take that sort of thing for granted, and I appreciate being able to go out and about, dressed the way I like without garnering attention like everyone else on the street. I spent a good twenty minutes in the store, left and returned to my car, walking past more people who didn't give me the time of day.

From there, it was off to South Jersey and the Moorestown Mall area as I drove to Barnes & Noble, went in where I had a light lunch of a ham and cheese sandwich and a bottle of apple juice while I read the paper along with a couple of sci-fi magazines, just like everywhere else, no one made a fuss of how I was dressed, and that was pretty cool. After nearly an hour in the store, I bought a couple of magazines then left for home and that aforementioned football game I was eager to see. Another good trip for me, made all the more enjoyable by wearing a skirt and heels and expressing my fashion sense as a freestyler. Next up: my 200th jaunt----in a dress!

post-154-0-97050000-1379234680_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-29458100-1379234687_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-88256800-1379234693_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-09316300-1379234700_thumb.jpg

JeffB;

Your right, that outfit looked good (even on a middle aged guy :penitent:), in fact I think it is the best look you have presented to date.  I read it as well dressed casual.

Looking forward to jaunt #200.

Keep on keeping on.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Looking good Jeff. When the weather gets a bit cooler maybe something like a longline cardigan that falls to the widest part of your hips would be a flattering addition too. After an adventurous summer I'm looking forward to wearing my autumn/winter heels and outfits again, and looking forward to your 200th jaunt too, have a great time.

If you like it, wear it.

JeffB,

Like many others I've been following your jaunts. Lead on.

I just couldn't put my finger on what it was about your pictures that bothered me, but I finally got it. Dude, you need to smile. Look like you're enjoying it as much as I think you are. You're probably just thinking about the blinking self-timer, but your expression says "YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?"

I don't doubt that on the street you come across much more pleasant. Try to add that to the photo. Smile. Flirt. Play it.

Can't wait to see 200 :fine: :fine: :fine:

JeffB,

You certainly looked good for #199.

I'm so glad that you can present yourself as a man, while wearing a skirt and heels. Kudos to you!

Keep up your posts and pics too. We all enjoy them very much.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

TBG: Best outfit to date? Well now, considering everything I've worn before Jaunt #199, that's quite a bold statement!

Mr. X: Many thanks for kind words. I've come to find wearing jewelry fun, especially necklaces, and I plan to buy more.

SleekHeels: That's not a bad idea. I still haven't ruled wearing a long sweater, leggings and knee boots. I'm looking forward to that.

heels59: But I was smiling! Admittedly, I've never been too terribly good at that. You're right, I need to practice more.

bluejay: Well, I'm simply living up to my motto: I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB,   Like many others I've been following your jaunts. Lead on.   I just couldn't put my finger on what it was about your pictures that bothered me, but I finally got it. Dude, you need to smile. Look like you're enjoying it as much as I think you are. You're probably just thinking about the blinking self-timer, but your expression says "YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?"  

Don't read into it too much, ALL black women have that face... that is their smile or all they'll give you if they're in a good mood :silly: Looking forward to 200 :wink:

Don't read into it too much, ALL black women have that face... that is their smile or all they'll give you if they're in a good mood :silly: Looking forward to 200 ;-)

Oh! Is THAT what that is! HA!  :P

JeffB,

Like many others I've been following your jaunts. Lead on.

I just couldn't put my finger on what it was about your pictures that bothered me, but I finally got it. Dude, you need to smile. Look like you're enjoying it as much as I think you are. You're probably just thinking about the blinking self-timer, but your expression says "YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?"

I don't doubt that on the street you come across much more pleasant. Try to add that to the photo. Smile. Flirt. Play it.

Can't wait to see 200 :fine: :fine: :fine:

I am with heels59 on this. I event tried to isolate your face with photoshop in order to decide if your smile is different from one picture to another. Result : I still can't decide ! For a while, I even was sure you were photoshoping the picture to replace your face with always the same one ! I finally decided to forget about that, that is your boat Jeff, whatever floats it...

Hey, if he doesn't want to smile, or not smile like others want him to, then that's his business! Look at the models walking the catwalk, they are wearing clothes to die for, and no one smiles. Most of them are in a daze, probably drinking too much booze and a lack of real food backstage.

Meh! It's no big deal really, no one on the street expects me to smile and I'm not going to worry about that either. Here's a theory worth considering: perhaps that semi-dour countenance I display keeps passersby at arm's length. HA!

That plus your size could be rather intimidating, don't you think?

Hmm! To be honest, I hadn't give that much thought, but you might be onto something. I'm 6-2 in my bare feet, and depending on what height heels I wear, I could be as tall as 6-7. Yeah, I'd say that might make me kinda intimidating.