The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

I really like the man's shoulder bag. Who makes it and where did you get it?

I got it from BENTLEY. I don't see any brand name on it.

I guess it could be their own brand name.

Perhaps we could discuss shoulder bags and other accessories in the general fashion section?

Lets get back to Jeffb's jaunts.

thanks

Sorry if I was off topic for a while but it was hard not to comment about the bag and jeans...

You may want to move the off topic posts to the general fashion section ?

I can't understand that while you all wear women's shoes - i.e., heels - there should be such a fuss of carrying a purse or bag and women's jeans. The heels alter the way one walks - who cares about the little things above? If I am going to wear heels I will wear a skirt or a dress.

Perhaps it's not so much the fact that JeffB carries a shoulder bag but rather the style? But, if a guy is going to wear a skirt, dress or appear in public dressed in female attire, people are going to notice the hand bag the least. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I like the Jane Cash look Jeff lol. I see it as a blend between feminine and masculine. More importantly though, I like it that you like it, i.e, that you do your thing and don't give a rats ass about other people's opinions. Not only that, it boosts your confidence. At the end of the day, we should all dress in the manner that we like and strive to boost our self esteem and confidence in the process. If each one of us can manage to bring ourselves to the point where we don't care what 99.999999 percent of the population think about our look, I'd see it as a big accomplishment. A confident male high heeler, comfortable in his own skin, is one of the best tools we have to promote awareness and more acceptance towards our fashion choice. We're all critics and we're all judged and criticized, whether it happens behind our backs or in our face. People in the forum judge us and you can bet on it that the general public do so every time we wear our heels/feminine attire outside. Tech is definitely the most direct member on the forum when it comes to his opinions about different style of the member. I find the comments amusing and we should all take them with a grain of salt. A little "roasting" in the forum of members with a sense of humor/confidence could be entertaining. By the way Jeff, I always wondered what’s behind the yellow curtains in your house. Here are my guesses (let’s all guess what’s behind there): - A brick wall - A closet full of shoes that would make Carrie Bradshaw jealous. - A bookcase containing all the books and comics you've purchased at Borders. - A Nine West store - The time tunnel - A board full schematics of your ultimate dream shoe or boot. - Jabba the hutt - A giant wall portrait of you which is exactly the photo we see. Am I warm or cold?

JohnH: Heh! I've wondered about that myself. Seems kinda silly when you stop to think about it. Oh, well, to each their own. Bubba136: Are you saying I have no taste in handbags? HMPH! I'm insulted! :wave: But yeah, of all the times I've worn skirts in public, I've never had anyone comment on the bag I carried. All of which made the recent commentary here rather, well, peculiar. Maximilian!: Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them. What you said about dressing to please yourself and not others, and how that boosts one's confidence was the best thing I've read on this board in weeks, and you couldn't be more right in what you've said. Bravo! As for what's behind those drapes, nothing so dramatic, just the the windows looking out into my backyard. But I loved your suggestions, especially the one about a Nine West store! :(

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Bubba136: Are you saying I have no taste in handbags? HMPH! I'm insulted! :( But yeah, of all the times I've worn skirts in public, I've never had anyone comment on the bag I carried. All of which made the recent commentary here rather, well, peculiar.

Not at all, Jeff :wave: I was really referring to Tech's not liking your handbag. For me, I really don't care one way or the other. It's your image and your choice of accessories. And, you have to satisfy yourself as to weather or not you like the way you look dressed in whatever outfit you choose. And, if you like it, wear it -- is my motto......

Frankly, and I believe that I've mentioned this before, I happen to like the way you dress for your outings, for the most part. So, press on, Mc Duff! to higher and higher heights.

After all, it's your reputation that's at stake. Dress as your courage allows, with or without others approval. :( It's a huge, giant size "who cares" what I, Tech, or anyone else thinks.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

10/16/2010:

With the weather today sunny but blustery and chilly, the conditions were perfect for a jaunt in my thigh boots. Here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black leather jacket over a black ladies mock turtleneck, Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans and the Pleaser 8868 "Legend" thigh boots. The more I sport these boots on my outings, the more I come to appreciate just how much fun they are to wear, and with the four inch heels, I can stand and walk in them easily for extended periods. And when I pair those boots with a pair of tight jeans, perfectly accentuating my long legs, I absolutely love how good I look. But I digress. Today's jaunt was to South Jersey, but first, it was off to downtown, stopping near a ATM for spending money, I passed a guy while crossing the street who twisted his neck almost completely around to get a good look at me. Why, I have no idea. Then it was off to visit my local comic shop to snag this week's newest offerings, as usual, I chatted with the staff and a couple of customers about comics, no one paying any attention to what was on my feet. Twenty minutes later (the meter was running), it was off to South Jersey to wander about.

I swung over to Barnes & Noble to see what new manga was in stock, and what new novels had come out that I'll want to download to my B & N nook e-reader in the future. While perusing the new book arrivals, I was approached by a young man who looked to be in his early twenties, he grinned held out his hand to me and said his name was Kevin. Sort of startled, I grinned back, shook his hand and said hello right back. Five minutes later while over in the manga section, Kevin walked up to me again and said he liked my shoes, I grinned and thanked him. Ten minutes after that while checking out the latest horror magazines, Kevin walked up to me a third time, pulling a young woman who looked positively mortified, he introduced the woman as his sister Ellen, then he pointed at my feet and said to the woman, "Doesn't he have awesome shoes?" Ellen nervously grinned and nodded, then, wishing me a great day, she steered Kevin away and I never saw him again. Obviously, Kevin was, well, slow, but at least he had good taste in footwear.

From there, it was off to Best Buy to see what was new. As usual, I spent at least a good half hour in the store, a portion of that time was spent checking out one of the new 3-D Hi-Def TV sets, they look amazing but are expensive as sin! While I'm sure other shoppers were taking looks and glances and double takes at me, no one chuckled, snickered, giggled or any of that stuff, which was fine by me. My final stop of the day was to the Cherry Hill Mall where I decided to wander through for a little bit, just to see what sort of reactions I'd get. I entered the mall at Macy's which was was positively packed with shoppers in the women's shoe department, and I noticed a few women checking out MY boots as I strolled past, one woman even nodded. Guess I got her seal of approval. Being in a crowded mall in the late afternoon, dressed as I was took more than a little nerve on my part, I'll admit to a little anxiety, but I hid it well, even a few teenagers here and there grinned and giggled and otherwise made fools of themselves. Still, it was fun.

Going through that mall was another push of the envelope, and I felt that I did well, even though I wasn't in there for long. I felt good because I was dressed well, didn't look outlandish, nor did I seek to make a spectacle of myself or attract any undue attention, I was simply exhibiting my own unique sense of style. Men wearing high heels, either covertly (under long jeans) or overtly (thigh high boots) shouldn't be seen as any more different or any more bizarre than girls or women who choose to wear combat boots or overalls, as long as we look tasteful, and stylish, I see no reason why we can fit in with the rest of society. I feel as though I'm doing my part to help dispel the myth that men in heels are freaks or deviants or oddballs, while some folks either can't or won't shake that viewpoint (thus their need to laugh and make fun of us), the majority of people are willing to give us our space, to let us do what we want as long as we don't embarrass ourselves.

Another nice outing wearing your boots. This time in full view at the shopping mall ? BTW, It looks like that "Kevin" was jealous of you wearing those nice boots ! (Wondering what he could have said to his sister after they left...) Well done !

Congratulations to you on another striking outfir and high heeled boots and another sucessful jaunt. I spent one morning in our largest mall, but it was not at a busy time as you did. I have a day off coming up this week and I am going to visit some places in high heels that I've neever been before, derived from inspiration from you and Thighbootguy. Your attitude is right on the mark as far as appearing in public in high heels. Let everyone see us enjoying our freedom and enjoying the moment. Thanks for your post.

danielp6406: I must admit, that mall was a tad unnerving since it was fairly well packed and I felt plenty of eyes on me the whole time, still, I managed to survive. Heh! As for Kevin, something tells me I doubt he was jealous. Just an opinion. roniheels: Thanks for your kind words. I'm simply doing the best I possibly can to illustrate how men in heels can be looked upon as eclectically stylish instead of freakishly weird. However, some people (usually under the age of 20 and moronic) still subscribe to the latter opinion, unable or unwilling to open their tiny minds to the possibilities of alternative fashion.

JeffB –

Your outfit has come as close as possible to my all time favorite thigh boot image.

All time favorite thigh boot image

I really think the black leather jacket strikes a nice balance with the boots.

At one time you said you were considering a pair of 5” boots. I recommend the Ellie 8899s to your attention. This is what I wear most of the time and I find them very comfortable. Mine have been resoled and I’ve lost count of the heel tip replacements. These boots are a little higher then the 8868s you have and have an ankle zipper for a little trimmer look. Being tighter and taller, hey give the wearer a different feel which I enjoy.

I must admit I have also wondered what was behind the curtains but my imagination was no where near as fertile as Maximilian’s. One of these days take your camera out in the back yard and strike a few poses there.

As always, I really enjoyed read your Jaunt posts, probably as much as you enjoy the Jaunt.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I must admit I have also wondered what was behind the curtains but my imagination was no where near as fertile as Maximilian’s. One of these days take your camera out in the back yard and strike a few poses there.

Now, as to the secret of what's behind curtain #1 in Jeff's pictures? If he's living in a garden type apartment, I would bet that there is a great big window behind that curtain. So big that the flash from his camera would wash out any picture he was trying to take. Perhaps one day he'll take a picture out of that window and show us the dazzling landscape scene that he gazes upon when daydreaming about taking an "outing" through his favorite "Barn's and Noble.":silly:

10/17/2010:

Just a short jaunt as I had an errand to run before chaining myself to the couch to spend the rest of Sunday watching football, followed by game two of the NLCS with the Phillies and Giants. For today's outfit, I decided to go back in my past for something a little old school:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My black leather jacket over a blue t-shirt, jeans and the Pleaser "Vanity" 2013 knee boots which I hadn't worn in awhile. Over the past year plus, I've vastly broadened my horizons when it came to my outings by sporting skirts of all lengths and the combo of skin tight jeans with thigh high boots, however, I hadn't forgotten that at one time, I used to wear heels under long jeans like practically everyone else here, so I thought I'd go back in time and relive those old memories. I only had one stop to make and was downtown to Barnes & Noble to load up on my e-books for my "nook" e-reader, and to see make a note of new stuff I might want to add in the future. Driving to the downtown location across from Rittenhouse Square, I managed to find a spot right near the store and hopped out. Because of the length of the jeans, the boots, even with their four inch heels were pretty much hidden, but there was no mistaking the pleasant clicking of said heels, so I wasn't all that stealthy as I waled down to the store for my errand.

Upon entering, the security guard, stationed just inside the enterance nodded, then smirked some when he glanced down at my feet and saw what I was wearing. No biggie. Going up to the second floor of the store where the lounge was, I bought an iced tea and busied myself uploading e-books to my nook for future reading. The lounge area was fairly full, yet no one gave me so much as the time of day, not even after the clicking of the heels on the wooden floors announced my arrival. I spent a leisurely forty-five minutes in the store fiddling around with my nook before departing, going downstairs, the same guard was at his post, when he saw me, he smirked again, but I ignored him. If he got a cheap thrill out what he saw, then, hey, I'm happy to have entertained him. From there, I hopped back in my car and head home. End of jaunt. Still, it was pleasant to have returned to my heeling "roots", after all, just a couple of years ago, it never would've occured to me to wear anything else. How things change over time.

TBG & Bubba136: Since you're curious as to what's behind those famous yellow drapes, well, wonder no more!

Posted Image

Just a couple of plain old windows with plain old shades and an air conditioner that's almost as old as I am! :wave:

Here's what's on the other side of said windows:

Posted Image

The backyard where I fight a neverending battle against weeds. Hardly a scenic spot to take pictures of myself. :(

I must say I absolutely love your "old-school jaunt", as that's how I usually go out when wearing boots. It just has that look of class, clean lines, and a good form - well done! As far as the mystery behind the curtain.....seems sort of anti-climactic now. I was thinking perhaps a huge English garden with hedges, stone pathways, and a bench here and there. Then again, I have a fertile imagination. Thanks for the great pics!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I must say I absolutely love your "old-school jaunt", as that's how I usually go out when wearing boots. It just has that look of class, clean lines, and a good form - well done!

As far as the mystery behind the curtain.....seems sort of anti-climactic now. I was thinking perhaps a huge English garden with hedges, stone pathways, and a bench here and there. Then again, I have a fertile imagination. Thanks for the great pics!

I knew it was a window. But, I also thought the same thing, SQ....:wave:

Sorry to have disappointed you, folks, but the only green thumb I have is for weeds, and that's purely by accident! :wave:

JeffB –

Your outfit has come as close as possible to my all time favorite thigh boot image.

All time favorite thigh boot image

I really think the black leather jacket strikes a nice balance with the boots.

Hmm! I think I have a gray turtleneck in my closet. I'll wear that on my next thigh boot outing! Heh!

At one time you said you were considering a pair of 5” boots. I recommend the Ellie 8899s to your attention. This is what I wear most of the time and I find them very comfortable. Mine have been resoled and I’ve lost count of the heel tip replacements. These boots are a little higher then the 8868s you have and have an ankle zipper for a little trimmer look. Being tighter and taller, hey give the wearer a different feel which I enjoy.

Well, I still plan to buy a pair, even though I've never worn heels that high in public before. I'm sure I could make those work once I get used to them. I'll keep you appraised.

My, my! Seems the question about what's behind those drapes has gotten as much attention as the handbag I sported two Sundays ago! HA! :wave:

What we don't see in the so called outside photo of your home Jeff are the lighting stands, camera and director sitting in his chair :(

That's only because Spielberg wanted everything kept top secret! :wave:

If you look closely at the image of Jeff's back yard you will see where some things have been erased. After an exhausting reconstruction effort I have restore the image. post-928-133522927061_thumb.jpg :wave:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

If you look closely at the image of Jeff's back yard you will see where some things have been erased. After an exhausting reconstruction effort I have restore the image.

[ATTACH]11183[/ATTACH]

:wave:

Wowieeeee:clap: Any vacancies in your neighborhood JeffB? :(:silly:

Wowieeeee:clap: Any vacancies in your neighborhood JeffB? :wave::silly:

'Fraid not! I'm keeping my homegirls all to myself! :(

Yo, TBG! That was supposed to have been a state secret! Tsk! :(

• 1 month later...

12/24/2010:

Contrary to popular belief, I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth or was kidnapped by space aliens. Yes, it's yours truly, back with my first jaunt in little over two months. Wow! How time flies when you're wearing sneakers. Heh! Anyhoo, with Christmas Eve off from work and all my shopping long since done, I decided to head out for a little high heeled fun, and here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favorite black leather jacket over a women's teal mockneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans and the Pleaser Legend 8868 thigh high boots, plus a pair of women's black leather gloves. With the exception of the jacket, I didn't wear a single stitch of men's clothing, and found that to have been rather exciting. Perhaps sometime down the road, I'll buy a women's leather jacket. After two months away from my jaunting, it felt just a tad...strange to once again be perched on spike heels at first, but the good feelings that comes from the experience quickly returned. My first stop of the day (after twenty minutes spent looking for a parking space) was downtown and the comic shop I regularly visit, I had to walk nearly a block to the shop, passing a few people here and there, but no one said a thing, just like old times, so to speak.

After twenty minutes in the shop, it was off for Kinko's as I had to make some color copies of oversized materials that wouldn't fit on my flatbed scanner at home, again, passed by folks on the street and no one said boo about the tall black fellow in the tight jeans and thigh high boots, ditto for the half hour spent in Kinko's. I just minded my business while everyone else minded theirs. I guess the world at large were too busy getting in their last minute Christmas shopping and was too involved in that to notice me, heck, I probably could've worn a pink sequined evening gown, a beehive wig and a tiara and wouldn't have drawn so much as a glance. Heh! After Kinko's, it was time for lunch, so I decided to wander out to Springfield as I hadn't been there in quite some time. Mistake. Didn't think there'd be much traffic out west. Wrong.

A trip from downtown to Springfield that usually took some 20 minutes took over 45 because of clogged roads. But I finally made it to the western 'burbs and Subway for lunch. From there, I decided to swing by Borders to see if there was any new manga in to buy. Mistake number two. The line for the cash register stretched a good thirty feet, let me say that again...THIRTY FEET! Tsk on me, I should've known better, given what today was. I spent all of five minutes in the stores before turning around and leaving. Didn't even think about stopping in at Best Buy as the crowds there probably would've been even worse, so, braving traffic heading back into the city, I returned home. All in all, it was a fun outing as it felt good to be back in heels after my two months hiatus, and the boldness I usually displayed while freestyling returned too.

Hopefully, I'll be able to find time in the immediate future for new jaunts. Already, I can feel that urge to wear a skirt....