The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

JeffB :-)

I very much like the look of the white turtleneck and the black A-line skirt :silly:

This is a classic look that I would not hesitate to wear in public (but I'm not there yet...)

Did you ever consider trying this outfit with a shorter jacket ?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! As always, I appreciate comments on my jaunts, and for my attire. To tallguyinheels, great minds think alike! There's a certain....beauty to wearing long skirts, especially long A-line skirts and how they flow about my legs as I walk. A great feeling! danielp6406: Not everyone here can do what I do, and I understand your feelings on the matter, but if you ever get around to following in my footsteps, I'm sure you'll love it! As for a shorter jacket, methinks I'll look into that!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Just for fun, I went through all my jaunts since I opened this thread way back on 10/18/2008 and did some number crunching. Beyond the great fun of reliving all my adventures, I came up with some very interesting numbers: TOTAL JAUNTS TO DATE: 88 2008: 10 2009: 42 2010: 28 2011: 8 JAUNTS IN SKIRTS: 65 JAUNTS IN PANTS/JEANS: 23 JAUNTS IN BOOTS: 39 JAUNTS IN PUMPS: 33 JAUNTS IN LOAFERS: 16 Looking over those numbers, I was genuinely surprised I had gone out so many times, a full three quarters of my adventures in skirts which I hadn't at all anticipated when I first began this thread. I find myself amazed that I had come so far in the time I've been a member of HHPlace, I suspect that if it weren't for this website, I might still be in the closet, or I wouldn't be so incredibly bold as to be wearing skirts in public today, something that's as natural to me as breathing. The important thing is that I'm having a great amount of fun as fashion freestyling has become very important to me. I've said this before, but it bears mentioning, it's no longer about just the shoes for me, I feel like I've evolved as I've become quite comfortable wearing women's clothing on my adventures. What's also important has been all the support and compliments I've gotten from everyone here who've taken the time to read and enjoyed my escapades. I can't thank you enough, everyone. With my 100th jaunt right around the corner, I might just consider celebrating that milestone by going out in a dress! Heh! Stay tuned....

JeffB –

I think your numbers don’t quite reflect the path you have been on. I think you should also count all the days you went to work at your previous job wearing pumps.

I had come so far in the time I've been a member of HHPlace, I suspect that if it weren't for this website, I might still be in the closet, or I wouldn't be so incredibly bold as to be wearing skirts in public today, something that's as natural to me as breathing.

I couldn’t agree more and I echo the sentiment for my development also. I want to add a cautionary note though, posting here can be just as addictive as heeling. It is important that we do things because we want to do them rather than doing them to get the feedback from others at hhplace.

With my 100th jaunt right around the corner, I might just consider celebrating that milestone by going out in a dress!

For that, I will have to echo the chorus of the gaggle of giggly girls… O.M.G. :silly:

Heel on my friend, heel on. :unsure:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB –

I think your numbers don’t quite reflect the path you have been on. I think you should also count all the days you went to work at your previous job wearing pumps.

Hmm! I had forgotten about those days. Well, I'm content with listing my trips from this current thread.

I couldn’t agree more and I echo the sentiment for my development also. I want to add a cautionary note though, posting here can be just as addictive as heeling. It is important that we do things because we want to do them rather than doing them to get the feedback from others at hhplace.

Perhaps, but feedback from others here HAS been important in my overall development and evolution as a freestyler.

In the meantime, being occasionally anal, here's a further breakdown of the numbers from my jaunts:

PANTS/JEANS

JEANS (TUCKED): 16

JEANS (UNTUCKED): 5

DRESS PANTS: 1

CAPRI PANTS: 1

SKIRTS

ABOVE KNEE: 41

BELOW KNEE: 19

AT KNEE: 3

SKORT: 2

BOOTS

KNEE HIGH: 22

THIGH HIGH: 16

ANKLE HIGH: 1

PUMPS (PAYLESS)

HAZEL: 11

LANCE FLEX (BLACK): 10

LANCE FLEX (MERLOT): 3

JUDY: 3

JAMIE: 2

JANIS: 1

HILT: 1

Yeah, I know, I know, I have WAY too much time on my hands! HA!

Perhaps, but feedback from others here HAS been important in my overall development and evolution as a freestyler.

JeffB -

I no no way intended to devalue the feedback we get from others here at hhplace. Generally it is well intended, constructive, and gives positive reenforcement, all of which I greatly appreciate (as I'm sure you do). My caution to all is that we should do our heeling because we like to wear heels, not because we can get feedback from the other members here at hhplace.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

:silly:

As to your enhanced statistics, you missed a couple of critical ones:

• Day of the week
  • Juants where a complement was received
  • Jaunts where an insult was received
  • Phase of the moon

The second and third are not mutually exclusive. The same jaunt may be counted in each category.

The last one would be of particular interest for folks doing analysis of odd events that happen under a full moon.

A coloration of temperature range to skirt length would also be interesting as would temperature range to boot height.

:unsure:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As always, enjoy your heels.

TBG

Note for new readerd: :-? = joke

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Okay! Enough numbers! Back to the jaunts!

3/5/2011:

With pleasant weather, including sunshine and temps in the mid 50's today, I decided it was time to head out and have some fun! Here's today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My faux biker leather jacket over a magenta mockneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans (I just LOVE how deliciously tight they are on me) and the Pleaser 8868 "Legend" thigh high boots which I've been getting a goodly amount of wear out of lately, so much in fact that I need to have the heel tips replaced as I've pretty much worn them out (Thighbootguy, what's best for heel tips, plastic or steel, and which lasts longer? I'm ignorant about this sort of thing). My first stop was downtown to my favorite comic book shop, took a couple of turns around the block before I could find a parking spot a quarter block away from the shop, I got a couple of turned heads as I walked past, but nothing more, the staff in the shop didn't so much as bat an eye when I walked in as they're used to me and the stuff I wear, including thigh boots, skirts and pumps. We chatted for a few minutes about the upcoming live action Thor movie coming out in May and arrived at the consensus that it's gonna rock!

After leaving the shop, I headed around the corner and up the block to a nearby convienience store to buy a newspaper, no one paid me much attention as I walked by, even though things were lively because of a pre-St. Patty's Day pub crawl in the downtown area. After returning to my car, it was off to South Jersey, evading some wicked potholes along the way. I had lunch at the Chick-Fil-A restaurant near the Moorestown Mall, again, I got a couple of odd looks and a giggle here and there, but I ignored it all as I ate. By the by, if you go to Chick-Fil-A, you GOTTA have the chicken salad sandwich, it's seriously good! From there, it was off to Barnes & Noble for a little quiet time, cruising the aisles for new books for future downloading onto my nook™ while picking a new manga title for future reading. There was a good crowd in the store which is rather typical for a Saturday afternoon, and while I felt an eye or two fall on me while I was there, I was left to my devices.

My next stop was to Best Buy for some gazing at gadgets and searching for a new Blu-Ray title to add to my collection, in this case, said title was RED. I spent something like forty-five minutes in the store slowly and casually wandering about, making sure I was seen, but, just like in B & N, I was left alone the whole time. With my shopping for the day complete, it was time to return to Philly, but I diverted back into downtown as I felt the need to be seen, and the best place for that on Walnut Street and near Rittenhouse Square. I wanted people to see me in my tight jeans and thigh boots and form their own conclusions about me. My little mission got off to a good start as, while waiting to put money in a parking kiosk, a black woman grinned and said she liked my boots, I returned her smile and thanked her in return. From there, I simply walked down Walnut Street at a slow, leisurely pace so I could be seen, mingling with a large throng of shoppers and diners.

In the span of four blocks I walked, looking calm and cool and carefree, no fewer than three people, one of them being a black man complimented me on my boots, there were a miniscule number of odd looks, no double takes from other passersby, I was just another pedestrian in that throng, and I don't mind telling you it felt great to be there, to be seen and, for the most part, treated accordingly and given my space like everyone else. It was a delightful experience. Turning around, I crossed the street and walked up Walnut, stopping at the Barnes & Noble where I spent a solid hour in the lounge area with a couple of Mac magazines and a bottle of lemonade, sitting with my legs crossed and the boots on display for all to see. That was fun too. Finally I left to return home to post this report before settling down to watch Duke-North Carolina which is about to tip off. I was great to be out in thigh boots, and to be seen in them. Can't wait for my next trip!

JeffB - I just drop my boots off at the cobbler and ask for replacement heel tips without specifying what type. I have always gotten plastic. The only metal tip I have ever tried came as a second pair of tips with a pair of boots and they worked well but were a little slick on a polished floor. I suggest going with the softer (and quieter) plastic tips. You may be limited to whatever your cobbler has available.

JeffB -

I just drop my boots off at the cobbler and ask for replacement heel tips without specifying what type. I have always gotten plastic. The only metal tip I have ever tried came as a second pair of tips with a pair of boots and they worked well but were a little slick on a polished floor. I suggest going with the softer (and quieter) plastic tips. You may be limited to whatever your cobbler has available.

The high heels I have dropped off for new heel caps have always come back to me with the plastic heel caps. I too have never asked specifically for plastic or metal. They just look at the shoe and say "we'll get these repaired." The heel caps they use are nicer than the ones originally on the shoes so I can't complain.

By the way, congratulations on another fun jaunt. I always look forward to reading them and you always give me new ideas of where to go in public in high heels.

The high heels I have dropped off for new heel caps have always come back to me with the plastic heel caps. I too have never asked specifically for plastic or metal. They just look at the shoe and say "we'll get these repaired." The heel caps they use are nicer than the ones originally on the shoes so I can't complain.

By the way, congratulations on another fun jaunt. I always look forward to reading them and you always give me new ideas of where to go in public in high heels.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'm glad to have given you an idea or two as to places to visit in heels. I'm thinking up a new idea myself to visit a place I've never been to before and hope to put it into motion for a new jaunt soon!

By the by, had the heel tips replaced on my thigh boots. They look good as new!

3/12/2011:

With pleasant weather on tap, it was time for a jaunt as I thought I'd experiment with a different color combination:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A brown leather jacket bought on sale at JCPenney over a brown mockneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in black and the Pleaser 8868 "Legend" thigh high boots, complete with new heel tips. It's not often that I've experimented with brown and black, so I decided to give this a try to see what I'd look like. Overall, I thought it looks like a good combination that I'll work into the rotation, at least until it gets too warm to be wearing jackets. My first stop was downtown and my favorite comic book shop, after getting out to feed the meter, a young black man, passing by stared at me, then laughed out loud as he continued up the street. I could've laughed back at the guy as he wore the traditional "uniform" for inner city black men, namely a hoodie, a baseball cap worn backwards and the overly baggy jeans with the waistband at his crotch which I saw him hike up as he walked off. But, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and kept my mouth shut.

After a good twenty minutes spent in the shop where I was treated just like every other customer (the staff know me and are long used to the outfits I've worn in the place), it was off to South Jersey to catch a movie (Battle: LA, wasn't too bad). Coming out of the theater, I garnered more odd looks here and there, but there were no giggles, laughs, pointed fingers or anything like that, nevertheless, I'm sure I must've stunned, shocked or surprised more than a few folks. I suppose if I were in their shoes, totally ignorant of the concept of men's fashion freedom, and I saw a man garbed in tight jeans and high heeled thigh boots stroll by, I probably would've been a tad flabbergasted too. Heck, I know I would. Would I laugh, point fingers or make rude comments to such a fellow? I suspect I wouldn't, I was raised to exhibit good manners in public, and that is very important. Bottom line: treat others the same way you yourself would want to be treated. And isn't that what everyone wants from life?

My next stop was to Best Buy which was plenty crowded for a Saturday afternoon, but I just hopped out of the car and strolled in, pretty as I please and spent well over a half hour in the store, casually strolling the aisles before going to the register with The Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray. Then I swung by Barnes & Noble for a serene and quiet half hour gazing over some magazines with a bottle of lemonade in the lounge area, something I always enjoy on my little expeditions. All things considered, it was good to be out and about and to be seen, while I got a bit of attention, I was fine with it as long as I could venture forth and have fun in my thigh boots.

Jeff,

I like the brown/black combo and that is a sleek looking outfit with the thigh boots (are those the ones you just got repaired?). I was in Barnes & Noble last Wednesday wearing black patent leather pumps with 5" stiletto high heels and no one in the gave me a second look (an it was quite crowded). I don't venture into Best Buy that often but I will make it a point to go in there wearing high heels just to see the reactions. I am happy for you for another successful jaunt and thank you for sharing it with us.

Jeff,

I like the brown/black combo and that is a sleek looking outfit with the thigh boots (are those the ones you just got repaired?).

Yes they were. The shop I went to did a good job on them.

I was in Barnes & Noble last Wednesday wearing black patent leather pumps with 5" stiletto high heels and no one in the gave me a second look (an it was quite crowded).

Good for you. Bookstores are great places to wear heels because of the quiet atmosphere that doesn't attract the usual sort of uncouth knuckledraggers you might encounter on the streets.

I don't venture into Best Buy that often but I will make it a point to go in there wearing high heels just to see the reactions.

I think you will find that shoppers, busy with their own affairs won't give you the time of day, I should know, having strolled in the place wearing everything from thigh boots to short skirts. Give it a try sometime and let us know how it turns out.

JeffB... Sorry about the long intervals between posts, but I am so happy to see you are still getting out and stylin'! I reviewed all of your Jaunts since the first of the year and I must say that I love the dark jeans with the thigh boots. It is a very sleek and natural look for you. Your last combo of the black and brown was quite nice as well. I have seen that look from time to time and think it is difficult to pull off, but you did it quite nicely. Also, glad to see you are still skirting as well. Typically I am not a fan of the long skirt look, but in my opinion the two outfits you built around the long flowing skirt were awesome. I really loved the belt with the second long skirt look. The outfits were exactly your style and though I might not be able to pull them off, they were great for you! What I really love about your recent looks is that you build the outfits to show off your great boots. Too many times guys think it is about just throwing on a pair of heels, but if you take it just a little further, you learn the magic of heeling...a great outfit only maximizes the impact of beautiful shoes. Also, I wanted to say that I like your statistical tracking posts. Again, I have obsessed over my outfits, but if you truly analyze what you have worn and how it works for you then you can begin to understand what styles look great and what you really like to wear. Besides, as a fellow baseball fan, it does always come down to the numbers, doesn't it! Great stuff Jeff and I look forward, as always to seeing what you pull together.

Style is built from the ground up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roniheels Posted Image

I don't venture into Best Buy that often but I will make it a point to go in there wearing high heels just to see the reactions.

I think you will find that shoppers, busy with their own affairs won't give you the time of day, I should know, having strolled in the place wearing everything from thigh boots to short skirts. Give it a try sometime and let us know how it turns out.

I will do that. I need some new headphones for a CD player of mine at work. I'll go in there and see what reactions I get.

HappyFeat: Good to hear from you! I hope you're doing well. I'm glad that you've found the outfits I've displayed during early 2011 to have been fashionable. I work hard to look my very best when I go out and about, and I think it shows in what I wear while in public. I don't mind admitting that I've fallen in love with my thigh boots and enjoy wearing them with tight jeans at every chance I can get. I was curious about if brown and black would work well together, and I like to think it did. Thanks for your opinion on it. On the topic of skirting, while I like wearing short skirts, I also enjoy the long skirt look (with boots) too as there's a certain dressy style and elegance to them that I like. But, not to worry, once spring rolls around, the shorter skirts will be out on full display. And I fully agree that fashion freedom is about more than just shoes, it's about the entire outfit, and I work hard at presenting that total image while out in public. Lastly, numbers are fun! HA! roniheels: Well, go for it! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the degree of apathy you might receive from shoppers while in Best Buy.

3/13/2011:

With nice weather on tap for today, plus the fact that my weekends for the rest of the month will be fully occupied after today by the upcoming NCAA men's basketball tournament (a.k.a. "March Madness"), I headed out on a jaunt. Here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My faux black leather biker jacket over a blue mockneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in dark denim and my now beloved Pleaser 8868 "Legend" thigh high boots. I'm sure Thighbootguy will give me a friendly "tut tut!" but DAMN! Thigh high boots are so much FUN to wear, and I certainly love wearing mine at almost every opportunity I can get as it's a positively delightful experience, one that doesn't get old each time I hit the streets. Today, i headed west to Springfield and Borders with my laptop for a little creative writing. My first stop was at a gas station about a mile from the store to fill up, as I headed inside to pay, I got a double take from a lady fueling up. From there, it was off to Borders, I arrived about five minutes before it's 11 a.m. opening, I simply hopped out and walked up to the door to wait for the place to open, got another couple of odd stares from a couple of people also waiting to go in. I found that rather humorous.

Once the store opened, I headed in and set up shop at a table when I happily typed away with a bottle of lemonade for just about three hours while people came and went and no one paid me much attention, but then, my legs were tucked under the table and few got a good look at what I was wearing. Around 2 p.m., with the store fairly well full, I packed up, calmly rose from the table, put on my jacket and headed out while a few patrons in the lounge area gave me curious, "WTF?" looks, clearly unprepared for what I had on my feet. I found that humorous too, but I was calm and cool about it, I even smirked a little, then put some sway in my hips (my derriere emphasized in the tight jeans I wore) as I head for the door. I know I sometimes shock people, not at all used to seeing a man in tight jeans and high heeled thigh boots, and I accept that. Still, it's fun seeing those looks, perhaps I secretly enjoy being an exhibitionist, showing off my assets for the world to see.

And for me, that's half the fun, just being seen and gauging the expressions I get. It makes my little expeditions all the more enjoyable. With each trip I take in my thigh boots, I feel more bold and confident while wearing them since it's such an amazing rush. Oooh! An hour away from "Selection Sunday". Let me find my bracket so I can fill it in tonight!

Great outing and another cool outfit that looks good on you. I too love the occasional "WTF" reactions I get when people see me in high heels. And as far as the brackets are concerned, yea I'll probably fill them out again this year. But the way the tournament goes every year with the upsets, I probably won't be close again. But good luck filling your out.:silly:

3/13/2011:

DAMN! Thigh high boots are so much FUN to wear, and I certainly love wearing mine at almost every opportunity I can get as it's a positively delightful experience, one that doesn't get old each time I hit the streets.

See what new heel tip will do for you? :silly:

Sounds like you having a great time and with stylish footwear to boot.

TBG

• 1 month later...

4/30/2011:

A short outing today as I wanted to get back home in time for the faceoff of game one of the second round NHL Eastern Conference playoff series between the Boston Bruins and the hometown Flyers. A shame of sorts since the weather was quite nice today, but, I'm a slave to my hometown teams when they're in the postseason. Anyhoo, here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A black polo shirt, a.n.a. ultra tall bootcut jeans and the Payless "Hazel" pumps. In my last blog entry, I set a special objective for myself that I would wear ONLY women's clothes and shoes on my jaunts from here on out, and that's exactly what I did today. I especially liked the jeans I sported as they were soft and stretchy and deliciously snug on me, nothing coarse or rough like with men's jeans, oh yeah, and the stitching on the back pockets were a cool touch, as you can see for yourself. Guys, I wholeheartedly recommend you wear Ladies' jeans, they're delightful! My first stop was downtown to my favorite comic book shop for the week's new offerings, no big deal since the staff was long used to my strolling in garbed in heels and skirts and I was warmly welcomed as usual. After leaving the store, I went around the corner to buy a newspaper to read with lunch, I did get a double take as I walked by, again, no big deal.

From there, it was off to the western 'burbs and Springfield for lunch at Subway as I hadn't been out that way for awhile, the store was mildly packed for around 1 p.m., most notably, a couple of families with small children, but no one gave me so much as the time of day, neither while I waited in line, or while I ate. After lunch, my last stop of the day was to Best Buy where I spent an enjoyable half hour wandering up and down the aisles, got a couple of odd looks, I suspect the sharp clicking of the Hazel's heels on the floor attracted attention, but that was cool, as everyone here already knows, I like my heels LOUD, I don't hide what I wear or how I choose to dress. Following the purchase of some anime, it was back to the barn to type these words of wit. Hard to believe it had been a month and a half since my last outing, but I hope to make up for lost time in the weeks to come. But now, it's time for Flyers hockey!

5/1/2011:

As we turn the page from April to May, I took advantage of another delightfully warm and sunny day and hit the streets for a new outing. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A royal purple polo shirt, the a.n.a. bootcut jeans which I've fallen in love with as they're fun to wear and the Payless "Lance Flex" pumps in black. Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm now fully committed to wearing women's clothing exclusively on my jaunts and I find it rather exhilarating. Today's jaunt also represented an experiment I was eager to conduct. You see, the polo shirt was from JCPenney (along with the jeans) and I went there to buy more of them, and to see if the salesperson at the register would recognize what I was wearing. After arriving at the Penney's store in Cherry Hill, I hopped out and strolled right into the store, it was half past noon and things were jumping, but no one paid me any attention, even though they could see (and hear) the pumps, not to mention the snug jeans with the embroidery on the back pocket flaps. But I don't hide what I wear, I simply go about my business with my usual casual air.

Going upstairs to the second floor and the women's department, I went to the area where the tops were and spent a solid fifteen minutes choosing three new shirts in green, navy and a merlot-like purple to eventually wear with my Lance Flex merlot pumps. Following some casual wandering around to see if there were anything that caught my eye in the way of skirts, I went to the register to check out. The lady who waited on me said that she liked those polo shirts and they were a strong seller in the store, I nodded and, pointing at my chest, I said, "I know, I'm wearing one myself." She looked at me, then smiled and said that the shirt looked good on me. She then asked if I liked the shirt in canary yellow, I chuckled and said that was too bright for my liking, she chuckled back. Thanking her for the compliment, I paid for my purchase and left the store. All things considered, I do believe my little experiment was a success.

My next stop was to Barnes & Noble near Moorestown Mall to wander the aisles and enjoy a beverage in the lounge area. Sitting down with a bottle of orange juice, I purposely crossed my legs like a woman so the pumps could be seen, but the other customers were too busy reading to notice me. Then I went to the video area where, after some twenty minutes of looking about, I bought a Doctor Who DVD. By the by, if anyone like British made shows, B & N is a great place to go as they have a large selection. From there, it was back to the barn as there's playoff basketball games to watch. Once again, another fun outing made even more fun thanks to those new jeans I've worn on my last two adventures. Already, I can't wait to hit the road again.

Congratulations on your last two outings and your two outfits. You looked very stylish as well as casual and of course, very nice high heels. Thank you for sharing with us.

Yep, me, too! All my jeans, slacks, and capri pants are from JC Penney. They fit great and I love the boot cut leg.

Steve

From the remarkable coincidence department, I've got a pair of ladies' dress pants on backorder. Can't wait to get my hands on 'em!

And yeah, stev55, that Flyers game Saturday was rather unsightly. Hopefully, they'll bounce back and tie the series tonight.