The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

JeffB I almost always wear women's jeans and capris. They fit much better than men's jeans. Most of my women's jeans come from Newport/News catalog. Their jeans may be more of a unisex style, because their pockets are larger than some women's stlyes and the fly front zipper is better fitted for men! Two weeks ago I stopped at the Levi's Factory Outlet store to see the new skinny look jeans for men. I have wanted a pair to wear with my knee boots. The clerk did not have my size in mens jeans. She suggested that I try a pair of ladies skinny Levi's. I told her my size in womens and she got the the pair to try on . They fit like a glove. I came out of the changing room for her to see. She said that the jeans looked great. I thanked her and proceeded to the cash register to complete my purchase. Before I left the store she told me that she sells lots of women's jeans to men which really did not surprise me at all! bluejay

Bravo, bluejay! Sounds like you had quite an enjoyable shopping experience. What I found rather remarkable was how that salesperson suggested that you, a man, try ladies' jeans! Really cool! Big props to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB

I almost always wear women's jeans and capris. They fit much better than men's jeans. Most of my women's jeans come from Newport/News catalog. Their jeans may be more of a unisex style, because their pockets are larger than some women's stlyes and the fly front zipper is better fitted for men!

Two weeks ago I stopped at the Levi's Factory Outlet store to see the new skinny look jeans for men. I have wanted a pair to wear with my knee boots. The clerk did not have my size in mens jeans. She suggested that I try a pair of ladies skinny Levi's. I told her my size in womens and she got the the pair to try on . They fit like a glove. I came out of the changing room for her to see. She said that the jeans looked great. I thanked her and proceeded to the cash register to complete my purchase. Before I left the store she told me that she sells lots of women's jeans to men which really did not surprise me at all!

bluejay

Bluejay,

I, too, have discovered that women's jeans fit me much better that men's jeans. I have bought all of my women's jeans in thrift shops and all pairs were under $4 and in very good condition.

Two weeks ago I stopped at the Levi's Factory Outlet store to see the new skinny look jeans for men. I have wanted a pair to wear with my knee boots. The clerk did not have my size in mens jeans. She suggested that I try a pair of ladies skinny Levi's. I told her my size in womens and she got the the pair to try on . They fit like a glove. I came out of the changing room for her to see. She said that the jeans looked great. I thanked her and proceeded to the cash register to complete my purchase. Before I left the store she told me that she sells lots of women's jeans to men which really did not surprise me at all!

I see lots of guys, mostly students, who look like their outfit could easily have just as easily come from the womens section or the mens... usually skinny jeans and a cardigan (like this: http://lookbook.nu/look/146713 ). What's great is it really doesn't matter where the outfit came from, and it's good to see gender crossover fashions in the everyday mainstream, I don't think that's really happened since the 70's. I think the guy in the link pulls it off well, though on some guys the jeans really really look like they're the totally wrong size/fit and not very stylish.

Personally I like the longer cardigan and cute flats look (something like this: http://chicisimo.com/fashion/outfit/primark-skinny-jeans-zara-cardigan-and-blanco-flats/ ) which I would find (a) more flattering for my figure, (:smile: more an expression of me, and of course © would look great with a cute pair of heels too.

JeffB, I think the look in your latest jaunt looks very stylish, and the fit of those jeans you're wearing works way better than skinny jeans would.

If you like it, wear it.

Bravo, bluejay! Sounds like you had quite an enjoyable shopping experience. What I found rather remarkable was how that salesperson suggested that you, a man, try ladies' jeans! Really cool! Big props to you!

JeffB

The saleslady suggested that I try the women's skinny Levi's probably because she noticed that I was wearing my Born western style women's boots with a 3" heel and was wearing a pair of black boot flared women's jeans from Newport/News. I do not try to hide my heels when I wear them. I want people to see my heels. Also when i came out of the changing room I had the skinny jeans tucked into my boots which are only 12" high, since there was no way that those jeans were going over the top of my boots.

Since I bought those jeans I wore them with the same Born boots tucked inside the boots one evening to do a couple of errands. I even went to a Lowe's store to get some supplies that I needed. No negative comments only a couple of second looks at me!

bluejay

I need to chime in as well. It has gotten to the point where I only wear women's jeans. The fit, comfort, and variety of styles is so great. My favorite brand is Not Your Daughters Jeans. You should give them a try, you'll be happy. Jerri

Well, I'm certainly glad that my most recent jaunt resulted in so much conversation about forward thinking fellows like us who enjoy wearing women's jeans. Seriously cool! The fit, feel and style is absolutely delightful and is very enjoyable. And the jeans I have are great fun to wear!

Well, I'm certainly glad that my most recent jaunt resulted in so much conversation about forward thinking fellows like us who enjoy wearing women's jeans. Seriously cool! The fit, feel and style is absolutely delightful and is very enjoyable. And the jeans I have are great fun to wear!

And, wearing thighboots over the skinny-legged women's jeans is very comfortable and I enjoy the look. I always wear a long sweater with this look.

5/7/2011:

With some positively delightful weather today, I decided it was time for jaunt #94. Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A woman's navy polo shirt, my a.n.a. jeans and the Payless "Karma" pumps. Yes, I've been getting plenty of use out of those jeans because I really love wearing them because of the fit and style, and they go well with pumps. Can't wait for fall to wear them with knee boots! Anyhoo, my first stop was downtown to hit my local comic book shop, had to park almost a block away from the store, but I didn't mind since I got to enjoy the sharp, loud clicking of the Karma's four inch heels on the pavement, the store was plenty crowded since today was "Free Comic Book Day" and there were quite a gaggle of young kids in attendance when I walked in, but no one, not even the young ones paid me any mind as everyone was busy getting their free swag, and I didn't mind that at all as I spent a solid twenty minutes in the place.

After leaving the store, it was off to South Jersey, first to the Cherry Hill Mall and Penney's to pick up a couple of items I had ordered, then I had lunch in the food court, of sure, I think I caught a few odd stares here and there, but I kept everything calm and cool while I placed my order, then ate, heck, it was nothing I hadn't done before, so I was used to the routine. From there, I headed to the Moorestown Mall to catch the 1 p.m. showing of Thor at the multiplex, pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Next was Barnes & Noble where I wandered the aisles, both books and videos where I bought a Doctor Who DVD featuring the debut episode of Tom Baker as the legendary Time Lord. After swinging by Best Buy where I spent a solid thirty plus minutes gazing at all those delightful gadgets and gizmos before leaving the store with RED on Blu-Ray. All is all, a good outing I enjoyed in my snazzy jeans and high heels.

Well, gotta run! The NBA Playoffs are on!

Jeff, Except for the heels, it's not obvious that you are wearing women's clothes. You maybe on to something that needs further exploration. You are a true trendsetter. Booted

Jeff,

Except for the heels, it's not obvious that you are wearing women's clothes. You maybe on to something that needs further exploration. You are a true trendsetter.

Booted

Many thanks for the kind words, Booted. I've never had anyone call me a trendsetter before. That's pretty cool. If it's done right, and tastefully, a guy can indeed wear women's clothes and no one would be any the wiser. I find this bit of subterfuge to be fun.

5/8/2011:

With a repeat performance of yesterday's wonderful weather on tap, I headed out today on jaunt #95. Here's today's outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A green polo shirt, a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in ultra-tall and the Payless "Tara" boots. Once again, I was garbed from head to toe in women's clothing and footwear, and it felt very good to do so and has become the norm for me. The "Amanda" jeans are a delight to wear and fit me like a glove, I wholeheartedly recommend everyone reading these words of wit(?) invest in a pair, you won't be sorry! Having gone east into South Jersey on Saturday, I headed west today, going into Springfield, my first stop was at the Borders bookstore, enjoying that long walk from my car to the store so I can hear the Tara's heels clicking on the pavement. Once inside, I relaxed in the cafe area with a large iced tea and three Mac magazines for almost an hour before heading to the checkout area with one of the mags which I bought. I did get a couple of odd looks during the time I was in the store, but nothing more than that.

Stop number two was at Subway for lunch, unlike my last trip, there wasn't much of a crowd in the store, heck, I almost had the place to myself while I chowed down on a footlong meatball sandwich. Yum! From there, I headed to the Springfield Mall where I wandered around, it was plenty crowded there, what with people there celebrating mother's day, got a few more prolonged looks and double takes, nothing more than that. I couldn't help wondering what attracted more looks, the snug jeans or the heels? Of course, men aren't supposed to wear either, thus the looks I got while I was in the mall. Okay, I can understand that, generations of minds programmed into accepting the illogical belief that men aren't supposed to wear women's clothing can be more than a bit hard to break through into the concept that clothing has no preordained gender association. Both men and women have free choice to wear whatever they want.

Well, so much for my latest jaunt which was enjoyable. Oh, and this will probably be my last outing in boots until September at the earliest as the weather continues to warm up. However, as spring winds its way into summer, that means more outings in skirts, and I can't wait for that!

Loved reading about your recent outings again Jeff, as always. I love the bottom half of your outfits. But I can't say I'm crazy about the polo shirts. Unlike the form fitting of the jeans, which looks great, I think the former fitting of the polos does not. Speaking constructively I think it negatively accentuates your broad shoulders. But that is the beauty of this site and everyone like us associated with it. We can post pictures and stories about our outfits and outings, or in your case "jaunts". And no matter what kind of comments we receive, good, bad, or otherwise, we will be back at it tomorrow or the next day. And we don't let any negativity, constructive or not, deter us from doing what we love. So keep jaunting. And I will keep reading. And hopefully when I "travel" everyone will do the same.

Loved reading about your recent outings again Jeff, as always. I love the bottom half of your outfits. But I can't say I'm crazy about the polo shirts. Unlike the form fitting of the jeans, which looks great, I think the former fitting of the polos does not. Speaking constructively I think it negatively accentuates your broad shoulders.

My shoulders? "Broad"? Well, no one's ever said THAT about me before! HA! Outrageous! Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it!

My shoulders? "Broad"? Well, no one's ever said THAT about me before! HA! Outrageous! Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it!

A freestyler with broad shoulders?What could be better than that?After all we aim to show that with our male figures can wear whatever we want and look stunning in a different way than a woman would look like with the same outfit.Do you think that they (women) look the same as us (males) in so called masculine apparel?Even people from the same sex rarely have similar bodies even to a 90 % degree.Compare hens to hens and roosters to roosters - that is one of my sayings!Keep freestyling Jeff, I wear "feminine'" tops and have muscular body and i find myself looking great and would never expect and desire to look good in a woman's way!

Wow! What a read! It's been a while since I've been here and have plenty of catch-up to do. Threads like your JeffB are very important to the male heeling community, especially those that are still reluctant to wearing heels out. I really should get my heeling adventures thread up and running again. I know you were an inspiration to me when I first started street heeling long ago back when you had your government job. All of us street heelers should keep a thread going like this to show all that the world doesn't come to an end just because of what someone chooses to wear. If anything it shows people what to expect when they do choose to wear heels. I'm looking forward to more of this thread. Thank you JeffB!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I didn't think my comment would be taken so positively Jeff....lol Maybe it is just the shirts, or the angle of your arms in the pics, but they definitely look broad.

I didn't think my comment would be taken so positively Jeff....lol Maybe it is just the shirts, or the angle of your arms in the pics, but they definitely look broad.

Upon further review, yeah, it does look like I'm wearing a muscle shirt, and heaven knows I'm no bodybuilder! HA! The funny thing is, that shirt is extra large....in Misses sizing anyway. Perhaps I'll experiment with a Plus size shirt and see how that looks on me.

Hiya, Shafted! Glad to see you here again! Welcome back! How have you been doing? I'm also glad that you've gotten so much enjoyment from my adventures, and that you've taken inspiration from what I've done. That makes me happy, knowing I've had a positive influence of folks like you. Cool! I'll do my best to keep the exploits coming!

Upon further review, yeah, it does look like I'm wearing a muscle shirt, and heaven knows I'm no bodybuilder! HA! The funny thing is, that shirt is extra large....in Misses sizing anyway. Perhaps I'll experiment with a Plus size shirt and see how that looks on me.

Jeff, why not look for a white, linen style moderately see through fabric, long sleeved button down oxford to pair with the black pants?

The button down oxford would preserve your very own classic look.

If you get the right size, it would also better hide your large upper body proportions, thereby streamlining your sleek look with skinny pants and heels.

And IF you choose the right fabric (usually 100% cotton, but moderately see through is key/a regular business button down will NOT do it) you would demonstrate value by being able to preserve your own look while simultaneously incorporating current fashion trends.

I think Zara and H&M have such shirts available.

post-486-133522941308_thumb.png

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

kneehighs: Hmm! Interesting! That looks quite intriguing. I think I could make that work. Thanks for the idea.

...I think Zara and H&M have such shirts available.

Greetings kneehighs :-)

I normally wear extra large in women's size for tops.

I tried tops from Zara and H&M and they are too small for me.

So i'm not sure JeffB's wide shoulders will fit in them.

I don't think they carry anything in plus sizes...

Greetings kneehighs :-)

I normally wear extra large in women's size for tops.

I tried tops from Zara and H&M and they are too small for me.

So i'm not sure JeffB's wide shoulders will fit in them.

I don't think they carry anything in plus sizes...

Then I suppose I'll have to search for a plus size alternative. No prob! I enjoy a challenge! I still chuckle at the notion of having "wide" shoulders! :smile:

Then I suppose I'll have to search for a plus size alternative.

No prob! I enjoy a challenge! I still chuckle at the notion of having "wide" shoulders! :smile:

Greetings Jeff :-)

You may want to try H&M anyway just in case. Some of their tops are larger.

I thing that Zara if for younger women having very small frame.

Good luck on your search and keep us posted.

Happy heeling !

5/21/2011

After a solid week of overcast, rainy and generally miserable weather, the sun made it's glorious return today, complete with blue skies and warm weather, perfect conditions for jaunt #96. Here's what I wore today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A black woman's polo shirt which I bought at K-Mart three days ago as an experiment, it was a Plus sixe 1X and it fit quite well, not nearly as tightly as the other shirts I had worn. I think I can make that size shirt work for me as I've resolved not to wear so much as a single stitch of men's clothing on my outings. In addition to the shirt, I wore the a.n.a. jeans and the Payless "Karma" pumps. My destination for the day was the King of Prussia Mall, a place where I hadn't been to on a jaunt in a long time, so I was excited to rediscover the joy of wearing heels at the largest mall on the east coast. After arriving at the mall around 11 a.m., I was mildly astonished to have felt a considerable amount of jitters that kept me from leaving my car immediately after my arrival. I found that rather humorous that after all this time, I can still be subject to nerves, I suspect that my not having been here for awhile resulted in that nervousness.

After little over five minutes spent mustering up my courage, I took a deep breath, opened the door and got out of the car. Once I started walking towards the entrance to the mall, concentrating on the sharp, solid sound of the Karma's heels, I started to feel better, and once I was in the mall, I was committed. The mall was fairly packed for late Saturday morning, which meant I'd be fully under the microscope. So be it. Walking at a slow, leisurely pace like everyone else, I was, for the most part, ignored by the throng I was in, not one hundred percent ignored as I did attract an odd look and double take every now and then, but no one said anything, nor did I hear any laughter or derisive comments. That made me feel even better. My first stop was to a comic book shop where I spent a solid twenty minutes, then it was off to the always food court for lunch, that was be the ultimate barometer for how well I'd blend in since I'd be seen by dining area full of shoppers.

Following a five minute wait in line at Chick-Fil-A, I retreated to a table in the middle of the dining area to enjoy my lunch while no one gave me so much as the time of day. Twenty minutes later, I had finished and headed off to wander the mall, I went to Sears to see about buying more of the shirts I had gotten from K-Mart since the two stores carry a fair amount of merchandise, especially clothing, but I couldn't find the shirts. Bummer. Then I went to Penney's to see what new and exciting women's wear they had (which is more fun to shop for than men's clothing), but the place had been turned almost upside down as it was being remodeled and redesigned, couldn't find anything where it used to be, after ten minutes of wandering, I left, deciding I'd wait until the store finished their redesign before I'd return. All in all, I'd spent well over an hour and a half in the mall and the world didn't come to an end, though that had been forecasted to happen today.

Leaving the mall, feeling great about my time spent there, I head down the road to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy some bath towels. Getting out right after arriving, I headed for the entrance, as I approached the door, a female employee, in her late 20's or early 30's I guessed, finishing a smoke break, walked up to me with a curious look, shook her head and said to me, "No way I could wear heels like those. How do you do it?" I grinned and replied, "As with all things, practice." With a chuckle, she said, "More power to you," and went in. That wasn't the first time I had a woman say to me that I wear heels better than they could, and I find that to be a delightful accomplishment. I spent a good twenty minutes in the store, ignored there like I had been at the mall, I made my purchase then left and headed home, pleased with my adventure. It felt great to wear heels at a crowded mall again, despite my initial nervousness, and I can't wait to do it again!

What??? Jitters did you say? With that outfit? I'm surprised Jeff. The response of that female employee seems pretty typical. I get that alot, relatively speaking.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

What??? Jitters did you say? With that outfit? I'm surprised Jeff.

Yeah! Jitters happen to the best of us! Heh!

The response of that female employee seems pretty typical. I get that alot, relatively speaking.

At times, I find comments like those from women curious.

JeffB –

I think the outfit looks great and it sounds like you had a fine time and complements are always nice to get. That is probably the most conservative outfit you have shared with us. I think your jitters came from the fact that your heels were the only obvious article of women’s attire you were wearing (at least in the rest of the world’s eyes.) I know you have worn pumps for many years now but most recently they have been paired with more obviously feminine clothing. I think the impression from others might have been “well if he can wear THAT…” and then they hardly noticed the heels or at least accepted them as part of the overall image. My version of “THAT” is thigh boots with heels, I can get away with wearing anything else that I want with them but I’m nervous as all getout wearing pumps.

It may also be that our nerve, desire, resolve (pick one) for dressing differently periodically waxes and wanes. I suspect it has something to do with our ever changing hormonal balance.

One obvious answer (from me anyway) is to take your thigh boots with you the next time you go out for a jaunt and when the jitters strike put them on instead of the pumps. I’ll bet it solves the problem.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

What??? Jitters did you say? With that outfit? I'm surprised Jeff. The response of that female employee seems pretty typical. I get that alot, relatively speaking.

I'm not surprised. I'm inspired with Jeff's ability to be honest with himself and speak about that inner experience publicly. People relate to the fear as much they do the success and arguably on this forum, more people relate to the fear of freestyling. Reading about how Jeff felt that fear and did it anyway will give that set of readers something to identify with on a personal level and a role model for them to ground themselves to.

Yeah! Jitters happen to the best of us! Heh!

Indeed they do. I'd argue a certain level of arousal is actually good. The arousal leads to excitement. The excitement reactivates body sensations and visuals of successful confident past heeling events. It might not work in that exact sequence for everyone, but the anxiety truly only loses it's value when it cripples.

JeffB – ....

It may also be that our nerve, desire, resolve (pick one) for dressing differently periodically waxes and wanes. I suspect it has something to do with our ever changing hormonal balance....

TBG

While I've known about our changing hormonal balance, I never thought to make the connection to it's effects on my heeling. I suppose increased estrogen increases the desire to heel?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

JeffB –

I think the outfit looks great and it sounds like you had a fine time and complements are always nice to get. That is probably the most conservative outfit you have shared with us. I think your jitters came from the fact that your heels were the only obvious article of women’s attire you were wearing (at least in the rest of the world’s eyes.) I know you have worn pumps for many years now but most recently they have been paired with more obviously feminine clothing. I think the impression from others might have been “well if he can wear THAT…” and then they hardly noticed the heels or at least accepted them as part of the overall image. My version of “THAT” is thigh boots with heels, I can get away with wearing anything else that I want with them but I’m nervous as all getout wearing pumps.

You brought up a pretty good point there. The ironic thing is that over the past few years, at least since I've been chronicling my outings in this thread, I've worn boots more than pumps (43 to 37 as of yesterday), something I hadn't at all anticipated given how much I love pumps. Must be that thigh boot influence you've instilled in me. Heh! I guess it's all a matter of being comfortable in what we choose to wear. Given how conservative my outfit was, I shouldn't have been so jittery, maybe it was the shoes, and that was odd too since I've worn heels at KOP in the past, again, I suspect that had a good deal to do with my not having worn heels of any kind at that mall in quite some time and I had to reestablish that familiarity after so long away. But once I jumped into the deep end of the pool, I felt comfortable once again.

It may also be that our nerve, desire, resolve (pick one) for dressing differently periodically waxes and wanes. I suspect it has something to do with our ever changing hormonal balance.

An interesting theory. You might be onto something there.

I'm not surprised. I'm inspired with Jeff's ability to be honest with himself and speak about that inner experience publicly. People relate to the fear as much they do the success and arguably on this forum, more people relate to the fear of freestyling. Reading about how Jeff felt that fear and did it anyway will give that set of readers something to identify with on a personal level and a role model for them to ground themselves to.

Thanks for how you explained that, kneehighs. Beyond the sheer enjoyment of freestyling, I wanted to illustrate to everyone via this thread, the total experience involved with my adventures, the good, the bad and everything inbetween. I want to show everyone that even a so-called "veteran" freestyler can temporarily succumb to the fear of exposing myself to the world at large in the clothes and shoes I choose to wear. The important thing is to control the fear and not let it control you, otherwise you'll never get to enjoy the pleasure of wearing heels in public. I found what happened yesterday to have been educational in that I learned that the fear that keeps some members of this group locked firmly in the closet is still there, but I refuse to let it rule over me. That would be rather silly since that would keep me from enjoying my freestyling.

JeffB, it was very reassuring to read about your few minutes hesistation in the car - I'm sure most of us have these heart-pounding moments behind doors before we step out. Especially for those who've not found the confidence to step out in public, it's really important to know that the "jitters" don't go away so don't wait around expecting them to disappear. And right on with what you said about the reassuring sound of the heels - before my last adventure I thought the sound would make me feel more self-conscious and anxious, and found the calming effect unexpected but a very nice part of the experience.

I think kneehighs captures the essence that "jitters" can be "fear" and "excitement". Certainly I think I'd always need both - the fear to be able to judge a situation for when it might not be appropriate to wear heels. I'd distinguish that from negative feelings of "shame" as a guy wearing heels - like it or not heels have an element of vulnerability to them and it makes sense to be sensible about where to wear them or not, whether you're a guy or a girl. And the excitement, well, just for the fun of it. JeffB I totally agree "The important thing is to control the fear and not let it control you" and I'd add that the same is true for the excitement too, not to get carried way beyond the comfort zone and into potential danger.

I found what Thighbootguy said about "take your thigh boots with you the next time you go out for a jaunt and when the jitters strike put them on instead of the pumps" was really interesting too. The few times I've worn my heels in public I've preferred to be very subtle about it, which means if I do get strange looks I know it's because I'm a guy and that a girl wouldn't get strange looks in the same outfit, whereas in thighboots a girl or a guy is just as likely to attract attention. I guess I'm saying that in pumps it'd be me getting the reaction, whereas with the thighboots perhaps it's the boots getting the reaction and maybe it's easier not to take that so personally.

If you like it, wear it.