So, what other shoes do you guys own?

thatotherguy

All of us here in the forum owns at least a pair of high heels, or enjoys wearing them. But what about other shoes? Do you own any shoes which are not found in the "women's" section? Post them here with pics if possible! **I will post mine once i get some pictures

breaking social norms is a hobby of mine

what about other shoes? Do you own any shoes which are not found in the "women's" section?

Unfortunately, I do. Common men's dress shoes... black slip-on, tan square-toe, chocolate round-toe. White New Balance 574s, black&blue adidas Bounce trainers, white/black pumas. Birkenstocks, Airwalk crocs (for work only!!), adidas sport sandals with the massage pads. A very heavy pair of men's semi-dressy sandals which I HATE (I'd rather wear a women's sandal if I were going to resort to that). Madras print Gap slip-ons. I think that's about it. I must now go and wash my hands, then stare at my pointed-toe pumps until I fall asl

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

The only "guy" shoes I own are my sneakers, my work shoes, and my dress shoes. I can't really even call my Birkenstock knock offs guy shoes since they came from the ladies section. I'll never understand why two seemingly identical shoes have to have wildly different prices just because one uses different size numbers. Must be that old supply and demand thing. :o

I actually have several men's shoes I wear regularly. I try to go two weeks at work without repeating shoes. Ironically, most of them men's shoes I wear (sneakers and hiking shoes excluded) tend to fall on the feminine side- thin soled loafers, driving mocs, sandals, etc. I even have a couple pair of guys shoes in patent leather.

Style is built from the ground up!

Why do I find it rather peculiar that most everyone who's replied to this thread so far is actually either embarrassed by the fact that they own any mens shoes, or refuse to own any at all? I'm the very proud owner of a pair of men's black work boots, and a pair of men's black Biker boots, both of which have lug soles. They're extremely comfortable, and are a very welcome relief to my feet when I go out after wearing my heels for long periods in the privacy of my home.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Why do I find it rather peculiar that most everyone who's replied to this thread so far is actually either embarrassed by the fact that they own any mens shoes, or refuse to own any at all?

I'm the very proud owner of a pair of men's black work boots, and a pair of men's black Biker boots, both of which have lug soles. They're extremely comfortable, and are a very welcome relief to my feet when I go out after wearing my heels for long periods in the privacy of my home.

Left to my own devices, if I could get every pair of shoes I own in a women's variety I would. The composition of the shoe is usually lighter and more comfortable. The styles look better, and they usually don't cost as much. If I were a women's size 10 or 11, I'd have even fewer men's shoes.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

All my shoes are from the womens section. Except from my high heel pumps, sandal and boots, I do wear flat shoes, sneakers and trainers but they´re all from the womens section. Put my male shoes in the dustbin years ago. They was so boring. Womens shoes are more cooler wearing. Feeling better, looking better too.

I'm always in regular guy's shoes and save my heels for indoors and in public in some selected parties. Since those shoes are so boring, heavy and uncomfortable, I prefer to not care about them. The only thing I do is to rotate their use so they breathe, what is good for my feet. Since I don't care about them, I don't even have a point to start here, so, I pass.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow the selection is staggering! I mean my own selection, I have lots of both, mens and womens. My outdoor work requires climbing and ski boots. Scads of those, my fav heeled boot selection runs into the teens from thighhighs to booties, shoes with heels is about 8 pairs. Regular mens I have about 8-10 pairs. It is about a a 40% with boots/heels 40% outdoor and 20% for mens shoes. Oh I forgot biking shoes too, well the closet is pretty full. One thing is for sure I do not spend alot of time sitting, so boots or boots is most of the time and then the formal times. Mtnsofheels

For the men's shoes, I have about 6 pairs... sneakers, hiking boots, dress shoes, and other casual shoes. I used to have about equal numbers of men's and women's shoes. As of this year though my street heeling has become pretty common, and I've gone crazy on the heel buying. My women's collection is now about 20 or so.

I bought two pairs of men's Nike trainers in TK Maxx in Watford last week. Both are nice though and I'd say unisex TBH, especially the white pair I bought. I couldn't see anything nice in the ladies section at all. At least in my size anyway. Funny thing about TK Maxx, they don't actually have separate sections for men's and women's sneakers. Everything in the athletics section is mixed up. They go by size with more men's dominating the larger sizes and more women's in the smaller ones.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 1 month later...

Runnign or workout shoes, cowboy boots with high heels, men's boots with a 3" heel, and two pairs of men's dress shoes. The rest of my shoes and women's high heels. I see a trend, though. Many men here have more pairs of women's high heels than they have men's shoes. We are definitely a united group.

• 1 year later...

I have two pairs of tennis shoes, one for yardwork or shopwork and one for going out to eat,movies,etc, a pair of cowboy boots, some hip waders, some rubber boots for working around my pond or Up North at our land, and two pairs of dress shoes. On the other hand I have two pairs of stiletto-heel knee boots, 5 pairs of wedges, 5 pairs of high-heel sandals, 3 pairs of pumps, and 6 pairs of platform sandals, all of these shoes/boots have heels 4-8". So, like many here I too have more women's than men's shoes but then again I'm Happy in Heels!

Hi,

- A few pairs of Converse Chuck Taylors: red low-tops, khaki-colored flip-flops. Would also like to have the white extra-high tops.

- A pair of green Hugo Boss rubber flip-flops -- they are a nice design but probably the most uncomfortable footwear i've ever had. I wear them only for a short time around a swimming pool, and in the beach (and i'm on beach rarey).

- Black classical mens' oxfords with 1'' heels by Lloyds -- haven't worn these for more than a year, i guess...

- Pure white flat mens' oxfords with rubber soles -- i like these very much and occasionally wear them. In a sense they need to be worn as carefully as heels, in order to not ruin the beautiful pure white color.

- Dark grey flat oxfords with pointy toes and leater soles.

- Beige-colored oxfords with long square toes and some 1,5-2'' extra-wide block heels

- Brown flat soft leather slip-on sandals with a nice design -- a separate small strap for the big toe. These are very cute and comfortable.

- Flat dark brown Lloyds rain-and-snow-proof casual ankle boots with back zippers.

- Black crocs, the originals :tear: I'm wearing them when i do house and garden works in Summer :chuckle:

- UGG-style sheepskin slippers by Shepherd.

- Old mountain hiking boots that i'm novadays mostly using as work boots for house & garden works when the weather is bad.

- Hiking sandals by Ecco

- Running shoes with gel pads

- Mountain biking shoes with cleats

- Road biking shoes with cleats

- Cross-country skiing boots :w00t2:

The rest of my footwear is here --> http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=109

Happy Heeling

k6ps

- A few pairs of Converse Chuck Taylors: red low-tops, khaki-colored flip-flops. Would also like to have the white extra-high tops.

Just bought the extra-high tops today. They were on sale. Just not white but denim-colored. I like them as much as my heels :chuckle:

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Other than the avatar, (and I'd be afraid to count how many), thigh high boots, knee high boots, ankle boots, pumps, mary janes, sandals (all with 4+ heels except for a few 3+) and then your usual assortment of "men's" stuff.

It's all about the heel!