Do these qualify as streetheeling?

shyguy

Does 2" qualify as streetheeling?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Does 2" qualify as streetheeling?

• Yes
    • No

I voted "yes" to the question. I think that 2" most certainly counts; in fact I would go as far to say that kitten heels, and even some flats count. (Even though on first glance that appears to be an oxymoron.) If the shoes are marketed to the opposite gender, they count. A shoe marketed to men with a heel counts. If they look good with the outfit, push the fashion boundaries even a little, and make the wearer happy, they count.

Style is built from the ground up!

Just thought I'd get some opinions on these boots I just borrowed from my wifes wardrobe. She doesn't wear them, they fit me ok, so I asked her if I can use them. Are these streetheeling material?

"Yes"

We're now all waiting to hear about you wearing them out somewhere. :smile::thumbsup:

If you couldn't get away with wearing this pair of boots in public, you couldn't get away with wearing Nikes in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

yes. At casual glance they may appear to be very much mens shoes with a higher heel but there are subtle differences in the design of womens shoes that immediately identify them as womens shoes even those styled such as these that look like men's shoes. Two inch heel is not a typcial men's heel height for this style of shoe or for any shoes for that matter - cowboy boots being the main exception I can think of. A guy in cowboy boots with a 2 inch heel catch my eye as being in high(er) heels. I consider women wearing 3 inch plus heels to be a bit over the top for every day wear not to mention guys. The width of the heel makes a visual difference but the height even in chunky heel to me 2 inches and up.

classic style high heel boots

• 2 weeks later...

If you have to think twice before wearing them because the heel might be seen as not proper for men's shoes, then for your situation that just might be streetheeling.

I was a "no", until I read that ^ :o

• 4 months later...

OK so I wore these

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/guys/2266d1211629480-do_these_qualify_streetheeling-pict0073resize.jpg to the cinema last week with my wife.

And then when we got home we had to attend to a friends pets, so I wore these http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/guys/2427d1213421408-do_these_qualify_streetheeling-boot2.jpg across the road and round the local area with my wife to the friends house. Bumped into a neighbour but my jeans were long and it was dark so nothing said, but they are a little noisy at the heel when walking. Good fun though.

Hope to wear them again soon if the wife is willing. :w00t2:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

The second pair look like men's shoes to me and I wouldn't even have a second thought about wearing them in public. I have a pair of ankle boots from Skechers that have a 4" block heel very much like the ones in your picture. I seldom wear them anymore because I prefer Stilettos and over time have found that no one really notices them under long jeans. I just don't get the thrill from the Skechers anymore as I think they look like a man's boot. Great shoe for gaining confidence though! I believe you could wear them anywhere and find that many, if not most people would think they were made for men. Some men's shoes have some heel on them so it is not such a stretch.

I voted Yes. I feel that if you are heading towards something, and this gets you started, then it is still that direction. I am not sure that made sense, but hey. If you like them, and know that they are heels, then the rest is just elementary. I would wear both pairs, and like them. I think they will be un noticeable, which is what I assume you are looking for

I have to say no for the first pair, but i like them for everyday use, no problem, i have my normal mensa shoes that look the same, actually im thinking in rising a pair that needs repair, but is not street heeling. You may use stilletos, pointed or definatelly over 3 inch to say you did it. the second pair is much more dificult to wear in public, maybe becasue the heel is not that wide, if it coul be half an inch wider to the front it will be a doubtful men shoe from the profile, and you may be able to wear without problem everyday, precisely they are street heel material. I wish to get something like that, in a crotch boot stretch to my leg, that would be fantastic. For your info, many people use 2 inch to 2.5 inch heel to gain heigh in Asia. is not a problem.

V. Morpho

• 1 month later...

I voted yes, as a kitten heel is still a heel. To the OP, those aren't heels. They're "thick soles." :thumbsup:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I think some members use the term "heeling" to include wearing all styles of women's shoes in public. For instance, while wearing kitten heels are "heels" in the broadest term - because of the shape of the heel -- even though it is only an inch or two high -- and the rest of the shoe styled after the classic pump or other feminine designed footwear. Same goes for a pair of women's penny loafer style pumps. While the heel might only be 1 1/2" or 2" high, they are still shoes syled for women and hence, it is heeling when worn by a man in public. The term isn't reserved exclusively to describe a man wearing stiletto heel pumps in public. And, that's just my understanding of "heeling.":unsure:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

bubba, I disagree totally with your understanding of heeling, all my men shoes are 2inch high and they look totally normal maybe very chunky but still feels as if i am wearing a womens 2inch stilleto, but without the pointed tip. but is just my opinion which is nothing important, in anyway. the important thing is the feeling of excitement that we feel when we try the shoe and go out wering it, if we feel is a challenge then YES it is heeling for the wearer, but not for me or the rest of the professional heelers. Remember the excitment is what counts and is what we call heeling or outing or adventure in heels, etc. i may say that since i wear my heels in private, my first outing was with a 3inch anckle boot but i wear some kind of sleeper over them to hide, ridiculous even if i went out to the parking lot to get something from my car, and come back to the apmnt. at that time, i considered it an adventure but not a public outing, next time i really went to a comercial center which was closed due to snow and ice, i heeled with 4inch boot., maybe there was not a transition between low heigh heels to high heels, thats why my concept is different.

V. Morpho

• 10 months later...

I did a quick check of both thefreedictionary.com and wikipedia.org and streetheeling doesn't appear in either which leads to my point. I believe the pursuit of defining something like this is wasted energy. If a woman wears heels in public she is just living another day in her life but if a genetic man wears heels in public it needs the moniker "streetheeling". We are a group who seeks the same seamless acceptance to shop for, try on, buy, and WEAR high heel shoes without stigma,labels, or undue attention. To me the merit is not in assigning names to a something from which our group really doesn't want undue attention rather it lies in equality and freedom. If one chooses to wear 2" cowboy boots, 1.5" kitten heels, 5" wedges, or 7" thigh boots they should be able to do so (man or woman) without hyperbole or a lot of analysis. Fashion (and most people) are open-ended and ever-changing. You are accepted here---that's the only certification needed. :cry1: HappyinHeels

bubba, I disagree totally with your understanding of heeling, all my men shoes are 2inch high and they look totally normal maybe very chunky but still feels as if i am wearing a womens 2inch stilleto, but without the pointed tip.

I understand your point but you miss mine, entirely. My statement applies only to woman's shoes....you know, shoes made exclusively for women's feet and in women's sizes. Operative word in your disagreement is "men shoes." Thus they aren't woman's shoes regardless of how high the heels might be.

• 2 months later...

You need at least like 4" + !! Thats my opinion anyway ! I want a pair of see through pole dancer shoes >_< !!!! I dunno where I can find one... Im size 7-8 Can you only find them in the sex shops or something...

• 1 month later...

The shoes in the picture are just thick soled, slightly raised at the most. I don't think I would put a limit on the hight of a heel; it's all about wearing what you want to wear, but a heel is a heel and not a thick sole.

• 4 months later...

I said yes it does, because one persons normal heel might only be a flat sole so by going upto 2" it is a big change and can make a person feel like they are street heeling. The other view is going from a 1.75" heel to a 3 or 3.5" heel is a also a big change, enough to warrant a similar feeling about street heeling. So the long and the short of it is, if 2" makes one feel like it is streetheeling then it is street heeling. If do not feel like it is then it is normal heeling. I know when I started wearing shoe and boots I felt like I was street heeling by just having a pair knee high flat heeled boots on, cause it was outside the norm. Everyone has their own "Mt Everest" whether is is or not, but I think that is left to each person to decide their qualifying street heeling height. Good question, Mtnsofheels

• 5 weeks later...

Although I voted No I will explain my thought's. While yes those do qulify as heel's becuase obviously thay are not flat's. They are desceate enough to where it would be really hard to tell if they where men's or women's. But if that is all the wife will let you wear with her out and about I guess something is better than nothing.

I did a quick check of both thefreedictionary.com and wikipedia.org and streetheeling doesn't appear in either which leads to my point. I believe the pursuit of defining something like this is wasted energy. If a woman wears heels in public she is just living another day in her life but if a genetic man wears heels in public it needs the moniker "streetheeling". We are a group who seeks the same seamless acceptance to shop for, try on, buy, and WEAR high heel shoes without stigma,labels, or undue attention. To me the merit is not in assigning names to a something from which our group really doesn't want undue attention rather it lies in equality and freedom. If one chooses to wear 2" cowboy boots, 1.5" kitten heels, 5" wedges, or 7" thigh boots they should be able to do so (man or woman) without hyperbole or a lot of analysis. Fashion (and most people) are open-ended and ever-changing. You are accepted here---that's the only certification needed. :)

HappyinHeels

I start to agree with you....... labels are stupid, then categories or ranks has to be established? ok then the ones that likes to call the activity of walking in the street with anything that has heels is streetheeling or etc, therefore make a chart and indicate where is the street heeling range, and furthermore.

If you think it better it doesn't make sense as happyheels implied unless im missing his point.

For everybody, there are challenges and we are free to call them whatever we want, but not to generalize with other peoples achievements or normal use of shoes.

In another point, I had been thinking that women are much more developed than men, or better said evolved, since many years ago they shown interest on all this kinda things and shapes, while men still were using whatever garment just for cover themselves, ladies were tayloring and designing shapes, images, pasterns, etc, while men were only fighting for survival and getting stability to feed the family etc, that happened maybe 500 years ago, and now they ladies can even wear pants, men shirts etc, and men still keeping the same type, pants shirts and flat shoes, ..... I think that all shapes can be used by all people regardless of sex, is just the way the image has being implanted on our brain since we were children and how society has to be categorized, now if you wear a earng being a male is ok and fashion, 20 years ago you were a gay and drugadict etc, just because you as a man are not suppose to do that. now if I show in 5inch pointy stilettos boots and a miniskirt over fishnets to my office, i will be not even granted entry, it would be offensive, why? am i showing my parts? or am i actually implying a message to offend personally anyone? no.. so then is just conceptual issue.....here is where i come for the subject "streetheeling" we should not call it as such just consider it be normal, other wise it will turn as something wrong and not allowed with no reason.

V. Morpho