Do these qualify as streetheeling?

shyguy

Does 2" qualify as streetheeling?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Does 2" qualify as streetheeling?

• Yes
    • No

Most of the threads in these forums seem to be centered around 3" or higher even for the streetheelers. Today I went out in the shoes in the attached images worn with jeans and a t' shirt. The heels are 2" (50cm) they come from Next ladies section and were my wifes. So does this give me the right to say I went streetheeling?

post-280-133522858551_thumb.jpg

post-280-133522858554_thumb.jpg

post-280-133522858557_thumb.jpg

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Guest Loveshiheels

Had to vote no. I have a pair of mens Ben Shermans that look like those shoes but with a 1" heel.

Yeah, they aren't high heels, but they are similar to some I've had in the past and depending on your frame of mind, are good for first outings and are more practical than heels in most situations. If I wasn't trying to keep my collection small, I'd have still have something similar. When the situation arises that you have to remove your heels for something more discrete, these might be a nice option. You say they were your wife's shoes? Great. They can help ease her into becoming comfortable with you owning and/or wearing women's shoes - if that is something you have to work on. I say, wear them and be proud.

Those are about as discreet as you can get! Only a real shoe fanatic -- one who probably owns a pair of those him- or herself would notice that those are not "guy" shoes.

Have a happy time!

I have to keep my wifes feelings in mind, and these are a good compromise between what I'd like to wear outside (3" maybe a little higher) and what she can accept me wearing. The poll is as I'd expected to see so far too, I knew the heels were a little low to be accepted as heels here :roll: but it works for me as a little step up in heel height from the usual no heel mens shoes.

I voted yes, but it would depend on the shoe. The shoe pictured almost looks like an orthopedic shoe. In my mind, I was picturing a pump with a 2" block or semi spike heel. I believe that would qualify.

I would say yes. They look like some of the Steve Madden loafers from a couple of years ago. They could certainly pass where I work so I would definitely wear them.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

to me 2" qualifies as making an effort ! Its getting used to the idea, and better than mens shoes and flats, so go for it and look forward... onwards and upwards... Rather 2" in the street than 4" in the house only, surely ? When 2" becomes the norm for everyone, then we can up the stakes as a true fashion statement ! Personally i do 4" + a lot out, with or without soulmate, dont give a flyer now, but lets encourage everyone to get on board !

My first outing in heels was the 2" thing (http://oy2.biz/omg/heels2.JPG). I was on a coach trip and nobody battered an eye lid. It's good for the confidence for the first few outings but even then the heel should be visible - no wedges as then you can't see anything.

I personally think 3" is the minimum for streetheeling and 3-4 is the norm for me (ok so I can't do more than 4 without a platform).

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

so long as its got a defined heel, then its ok by me to get the message out; us who've done it for years get higher and ignore any looks etc and actually njoy them; for beginners, start where u will, get confidence and walk right, then... onwards and upwards !!

I'd say there not really Jeans and "T-shirt" kinda shoes. Smart jeans and a shirt maybe, but it sounds like you went out in actual casual jeans and regular t-shirt?

Hard to say when all we see is the shoes.

It was a casual look, casual jeans and t-shirt nothing smart. The purpose of the thread was to gauge the general consensus of heel requirements to be a streetheeler in HHPlace. There always seems to be a bit of competition or oneupmanship for guys in any activity and this has proved to be no exception.

It's great to hear the explanations for everybody's choice on the poll too, keep them coming.

I voted YES. Whilst it is now possible to purchase mens shoes with upto 7cm heels (in the UK at least) if you are prepared to pay the premium, these came from the ladies section, so to my mind, these qualify. Sure they do not qualify as high heels, but they are not the normal fare served up to men. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I have to keep my wifes feelings in mind, and these are a good compromise between what I'd like to wear outside (3" maybe a little higher) and what she can accept me wearing.

.... The purpose of the thread was to gauge the general consensus of heel requirements to be a streetheeler in HHPlace. There always seems to be a bit of competition or oneupmanship for guys in any activity and this has proved to be no exception.

It's great to hear the explanations for everybody's choice on the poll too, keep them coming.

Reading 'between the lines', I think you're searching for something that is both acceptable to your spouse, and the members here?

To a degree, I have the same two 'masters'. My wedge boots are almost 'invisible', and I wore them yesterday while we were at Woking's Peacock centre. I didn't notice a single person look closely at me or my footwear, even when I sat in Costa's with a soup-bowl of coffee. I've some cowboy boots that are pretty much the same (invisible), despite the heel being very girly when seen in profile, though herself is happy for me to wear the those boots anywhere. Oddly, they are rather difficult to walk in. :thumbsup: The wedges, I wear anywhere away from home, or rather, anywhere away from my home-town +10 miles.

My criteria for 'am I wearing heels' is whether they affect how I walk. It's pretty much my single criteria, with heel shape being immaterial. Not at all important to anyone but myself, but 4" heels are about the height I start to feel like I've got to walk differently, to how I might walk in flats. [Variation in arch designs, producing differing effects on my walking style of course.]

For this reason, I've not voted in the poll. I suspect they don't affect how you walk though, so my vote should be a 'no'.

As an aside (that may lead to a solution) ....

There was just about the perfect pair of cowboy boots sold on eBay recently, for nearly £26. They were new, and available in tan or black. [see below. The strap around the ankle is removable.] I think a couple of people had their eye on them, so I didn't bid.

Gary0618 has the PERFECT boots in his avitar, but even a copy of these these are $199, if you don't mind...... I'd happily pay that for them too, but add circa $50 carriage, than add VAT and duty to that too, and they start to become unattractive. Sadly. :smile:

post-10780-133522858907_thumb.jpg

Reading 'between the lines', I think you're searching for something that is both acceptable to your spouse, and the members here?

Not really, the people here are great and all, but the person I'm looking to be acceptable to is me. I also have to keep Mrs Shyguy happy or things get tense. The opinions of the people on HHPlace are interesting, but they are just opinions, and there will be different ones from each person here, so I wouldn't even try to be acceptable to them all :thumbsup:

The opinions of the people on HHPlace are interesting, but they are just opinions, and there will be different ones from each person here, so I wouldn't even try to be acceptable to them all :smile:

Oooooh, I dunno. :thumbsup:

This post has been unashamedly 'borrowed' from another thread :

The UPS man finally arrived and I had the box open before he drove off. The boots however, Waaaa, I dont think they are going to work. I guess its the thrill of the hunt that is so exciting. Better shopping next time. I'm just going to have to lay off the websites and stick with the stores. Waaaa Again.

anybody interested in a once worn boot?

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p-1267-turn-up-the-heat.aspx

just kidding, they will still look good in my closet I suppose.

If you were to ask the same question about these, I'd possibly be able to guarantee 100% "Yes" response? :wink:

I'm still happy with my guide: If they feel like high heels, they are..... :wink1:

I've some cowboy boots that are pretty much the same (invisible), despite the heel being very girly when seen in profile, though herself is happy for me to wear the those boots anywhere. Oddly, they are rather difficult to walk in. :thumbsup:

And here is a piccy.

The shaft's look slim because they are. In fact these are the first and so far only boot I own that comes close to fitting my rather scrawny legs. They're a stretch fit, that can't be leather but look and feel like leather.....

Since I have at least 4 (identical) pairs of of the Nine West wedges, and only one pair of these, the wedges are more expendable. A pity really as these are passable everywhere. :smile: If only I had another 3 pairs, I'd need no other shoes at all?

post-10780-133522858931_thumb.jpg

FF, Nice boots, it is funny that just because they have the "Cowboy" label and from the front just look the part, they are acceptable. They look to have little in the way of arch support as the rise seems to be almost straight. I only have a pair with 3" heels and my wife doesn't bat an eyelid when I wear them. I too find on occasions that they are difficult especially when the terrain is uneven. I guess this is because the mind thinks they are big wide stable block heels and so when I step on a crack, or stone so they are balancing on edge, my ankle isnt ready for the unstable feeling. When I wear thinner heels, this doesn't happen because I am more aware of terrain. Is this what you find? It is good though to have a pair of high heels that you can wear where ever and when ever, as the mood takes you. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

They look to have little in the way of arch support as the rise seems to be almost straight. I only have a pair with 3" heels and my wife doesn't bat an eyelid when I wear them. I too find on occasions that they are difficult especially when the terrain is uneven. I guess this is because the mind thinks they are big wide stable block heels and so when I step on a crack, or stone so they are balancing on edge, my ankle isnt ready for the unstable feeling. When I wear thinner heels, this doesn't happen because I am more aware of terrain. Is this what you find?

The one time I wore the 'cowboy' boots for any length of time, was during a (very) warm day I spent in Cambridge. During several miles of walking, I counted about 7 or 8 times I twisted my ankle in the manner you describe, all due to uneven pavement in the street. I've worn stilettoe's across rough ground too and had exactly the same problem, so for me at least, heel shape doesn't seem to be part of the cause or solution.

As for only "3 inch heels" .... Even with a 3" heel I would think they affect how you walk, and for me would then qualify them for street-heeling attire? If your wife is happy for you to wear them out with her, I'd say you had a result with the style? :thumbsup:

I voted yes because here in Brazil they would look like woman's shoes to the "regular" people. Anyway, the cowboy boots I'm wearing to work right now are 2 inches... But they are cowBOY boots. And I don't see too many BOYs wearing them around here, but the girls...

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I voted no, but... If they made you feel good, they didn't freak out the wife (sounds like she is not very supportive of your wish to do this, which is a shame), I say good for you, keep pushing the envelope a little at a time. Some people here probably wouldn't consider my street heels (in my current avatar, and I have several street pairs similar to them), to be street heeling either, but they work for me, and I feel comfortable in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd get some opinions on these boots I just borrowed from my wifes wardrobe. She doesn't wear them, they fit me ok, so I asked her if I can use them. Are these streetheeling material?

post-280-133522859507_thumb.jpg

post-280-133522859508_thumb.jpg