Do these qualify as streetheeling?

shyguy

Does 2" qualify as streetheeling?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Does 2" qualify as streetheeling?

• Yes
    • No

I'm with you Mtnsofheels, different strokes, and all that good '60s stuff. There is another thought that occurs to me; a male in anklestrap, black, round-toe flats is a man in womens' shoes and perceived as such by most of the public. I think that's the core of the issue. In my book, the public attitude that goes with it is discrimination of a sort; heel height and the rest seem details. UPBy5

Humans like to put things in an order. So they label them for the purpose of recall and having something in common to refer and converse about. Take the word "crossdressing". It has become a reference for males wearing items viewed as female wear. However, the word itself, doesn't make that distinction. Consider for a minute a container that is known to hold a particular substance or item, is used to house something else. Doesn't this also fit the crossdressing label? Closer to the actual use of the word, women are often seen wearing items of the apparel men could wear. Crossdressing? Exactly, but this is a mode of fashion sense. It's our attitude and perspective, that keeps us where we are. Let everyone wear the items that they consider good fashion for who they are. Streetheeling! The word doesn't differenciate a gender. Anyone with heels, barefoot or foot covers walking in public venues does this. OK! A definition of heels refers to footwear which elevates the heel of the foot above the level of the bottom of their toes. Still not satisfied? How about, the footwear that raises the heel of the foot above the level over the top of the big toe thickness. You're still a hard crowd to please. This is my final reference label for heels. Any footwear that raises the heel of the foot above half the distance measured from the middle of the ankle joint perpendicular to the supporting barefooted level surface. Exact enough? I still don't hear any gender reference here. Must be a man-made label!

• 2 weeks later...

You need at least like 4" + !! Thats my opinion anyway ! I want a pair of see through pole dancer shoes >_< !!!! I dunno where I can find one... Im size 7-8

Can you only find them in the sex shops or something...

Yep - -Easy to find, at least for me it is.

Over the years I have been wearing heels, it makes no difference if you are wearing 2 inch heels or 4 inch heels to a lady you are wearing heels and that is that, I have had a few comments and finger pointing and am only in 2 and a bit inch black ankle boots.

life is not a rehearsal

My opinion is that anything taller than a male-oriented cowboy boot heel would qualify as street-heeling. Heck, I have a pair of 2" block heels that no one would bat a sideways glance at, but when I'm wearing them, they're heels. Just returned from the gas station in 3.75" thin-heeled boots, and they're heels, too.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 4 months later...

My opinion is that anything taller than a male-oriented cowboy boot heel would qualify as street-heeling. Heck, I have a pair of 2" block heels that no one would bat a sideways glance at, but when I'm wearing them, they're heels. Just returned from the gas station in 3.75" thin-heeled boots, and they're heels, too.

Exactly! My men's western boots made by Mighuel Jones have 4" heels and despite the fact that they clearly say size 10 (men's) on the bottom would be considered women's boots by most to all of the general public. I don't care. They look great, are comfortable, and mean I'm heeling damn it! lol

The irony is that I will get less casual looks when I wear my women's size 11 Harley Davidson boots with the 3" heels...

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Exactly! My men's western boots made by Mighuel Jones have 4" heels and despite the fact that they clearly say size 10 (men's) on the bottom would be considered women's boots by most to all of the general public. I don't care. They look great, are comfortable, and mean I'm heeling damn it! lol

Charlie

Charlie,

Based on you recommendation, I bought a pair of 4" heel boots from Mighuel Jones (Cowboybootsusa.com). They were great to work with. Had to return the first pair for size (9s, a hair too long). Exchanged for 8 1/2. They were so narrow the foot wouldn't go in the boot. Without returning, they then sent 8 1/2s a bit wider, which fit great. Next, apropo to nothing, a second pair of 9s show up. I now have 2 pair to return to them. Only problem, US mail from Virginia to Mexico is $ 36+!!. Oh, well, cheaper than flying to Mexico to try 'em on. I've worn them out twice; post office, supermarkets, restaurants, and nobody even glanced. I guess its the rounded toe, no stitching, and distinctive "cowboy boot" heel style. Good leather...stiff!...will take a while to break in. Again, thanks for helping me out on this a coupla' months ago. To answer the topic, anything heel-wise thats higher than the usual mens' boring brogans qualifies. Even if the more unnoticable style doesn't attract any looks, the altered gait just might. My wife noticed immediatley; thougt it all looked strange. Guess they're big & heavy enough to at least not look like a womens' style. Checked the reflection walking past a store window, and it didn't look all that different to me although it feels VERY different....different good!

UpBy5

Charlie,

Based on you recommendation, I bought a pair of 4" heel boots from Mighuel Jones (Cowboybootsusa.com). They were great to work with. Had to return the first pair for size (9s, a hair too long). Exchanged for 8 1/2. They were so narrow the foot wouldn't go in the boot. Without returning, they then sent 8 1/2s a bit wider, which fit great. Next, apropo to nothing, a second pair of 9s show up. I now have 2 pair to return to them. Only problem, US mail from Virginia to Mexico is $ 36+!!. Oh, well, cheaper than flying to Mexico to try 'em on. I've worn them out twice; post office, supermarkets, restaurants, and nobody even glanced. I guess its the rounded toe, no stitching, and distinctive "cowboy boot" heel style. Good leather...stiff!...will take a while to break in. Again, thanks for helping me out on this a coupla' months ago. To answer the topic, anything heel-wise thats higher than the usual mens' boring brogans qualifies. Even if the more unnoticable style doesn't attract any looks, the altered gait just might. My wife noticed immediatley; thougt it all looked strange. Guess they're big & heavy enough to at least not look like a womens' style. Checked the reflection walking past a store window, and it didn't look all that different to me although it feels VERY different....different good!

UpBy5

They are magical in that they virtually nullify any glances that only the most masculine looking women's boots would do and yet the feeling is of a bonafide 4" heeled boot! I'm glad I was able to help! I love them and wore them today and yesterday for work. Tomorrow I plan on stepping a little down to the 3.5" heeled custom ones I had Miguel make for me. It's important to mix things up a little bit here and there. I have a pair with 5" heels coming from Miguel, but I have my doubts that I'll be able to manage them well. My right foot isn't as flexible as my left and will most likely be the limiting factor. I just want to be able to say I gave 5" a go. lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Charlie, I expect you'll do fine with the 5s. With the 1/4" thick sole your'e at 4 3/4". The extra 3/4" shouldn't be a serious problem for someone who's already comfortable with daily wearing of 4"....as long as your'e not in a big hurry; the stride's just got to shorten up a bit; at least that's been my experience so far. Hope yours fit well on the first try. Exchanging to Mexico from the US is an expensive, long time wait proposition. Not llike walking back to Bakers or Nordstrom. Best of luck, and again, thanks for the help. UpBY5