Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I just ordered this style from Avenue, which was still available in 13W in pink - my favorite color. I'll post some pics when they arrive!

Those are cute. You will look great in them and your co-workers will like them. Nice find!

I picked up some awesome pumps in the Last Pairs area of Electronic Botique. I don't have permission yet to post images, but I think it's allowable to post a link to where I bought them at.

These are white pumps with a 4 inch heel and 1 inch platform. They have a Mary Jane strap.

Here's the link, in case anyone's interested:

http://www.electriqueboutique.com/womens-shoes/Sexy-White-High-Heel-Mary-Jane-Pump/CONTESSA-50-WHT.html

I got these dark red scalloped suede t-bar courts from New Look:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/scalloped-suede-ttobar-court_232770162

I'll wear them with a matching coloured top and shoulder bag with a black trouser suit.

They also came in black/cream:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/scalloped-suede-ttobar-court_232770101

post-29841-133522967993_thumb.jpg

If you like it, wear it.

I think the red ones look so much nicer than the two-tone creme ones.

I don't dislike the two-tone creme ones, it's just that the dark red ones match with a bag and top I already have and I really like the colour.

What's the actual heel height? The website says 5.9" Would be nice if you can add a 6.x" heel pair of shoes to your wardrobe.

Measuring at the back of the heel it is pretty much 5.9", but I always measure a little further forwards to get the actual height that the heel of my foot is raised off the ground and for these shoes that's 5". With the 1.5" platform that's a 3.5" rise so they look much higher than they feel.

If you like it, wear it.

... Measuring at the back of the heel it is pretty much 5.9", but I always measure a little further forwards to get the actual height that the heel of my foot is raised off the ground and for these shoes that's 5". With the 1.5" platform that's a 3.5" rise so they look much higher than they feel.

Surely, unless the shoe heel is positioned very far back on the shoe (behind the wearer's heel), its back will coincide very closely with the rearmost part of the wearer's foot/heel, which will be the highest point from the ground under your foot? So, it is somewhat illusory to measure heel height anywhere further forward than that. After all, you could argue that the front part of your foot is only (say) 0.25" off the ground and that is clearly not the effective heel height unless the sole/heel is a totally level unit with no rise.

The most common (but not universal) convention is to measure a heel height as being the vertical distance between the ground and the external seam where the heel and heel cup join. Even if this is 'wrong', it is at least consistent and allows anyone to compare two shoes. (With a slingback, for example, one should ignore the extra thickness of the visible sole above the seam at the heel.)

In terms of heel height measuring, I definitely agree with Puffer's statement:

The most common (but not universal) convention is to measure a heel height as being the vertical distance between the ground and the external seam where the heel and heel cup join. Even if this is 'wrong', it is at least consistent and allows anyone to compare two shoes.

Anyone can do this relatively accurately. If you want to measure it somewhat forward of the rear of the heel, then that location can very easily vary among different measuresments.

But for SleekHeels, I sort of understand why you might want to measure the height a bit more forward. I have two pairs of shoes (actually, one an ankle boot, other a lace-up bootie). Both at the rear are about the same 3 1/2" high. Yet if you measure 'forward' from the rear point of the heel, the boots are significantly lower than the booties. The boots bend once at the sole, and then have a consistent angle to the rear. The booties, on the other hand, have a much sharper initial angle at the sole, but then have a 2nd reverse bend, with the portion when the heel is sort of flattening out. Same (rear) heel measurement, but significantly different feel.

The first pair is a lot more low key then I normally wear like smaller then a 3inch heel. I got them from jcpenney.com and shipping from them really takes a long time. I could have drove 30 minutes and got them but with free shipping at the time I could wait. The reason I got them was my idea was to wear them under pants for a shopping trip in the future. A few weeks later I was doing some shopping for some house shoes since that what one of my relatives was asking for. Of course this would be the day that Target put out some of their new shoes and all the ones in my size. Even though I was sure the quality probably won't be there. I end up getting some. And to balance out the ones I bought last time I got some that were pink, at least 5in, platform pumps. They are a little loose in the side and I really don't have anything to wear with them but they look cute. I know some of my more brave readers are wondering why didn't I test them out in the store. I did but Target has this bad habit of joining their shoes together with a tie inside the shoe making trying them on hard without removing it. And the final pair was after Christmas. I usually just ask for money so I can get what I want and pretend that what the person got me. I was planning on wearing the first pair of heels for this trip but chickened out. I was planning on buy some pantyhoses since I had ran my last black pair earlier that week and then some heels. After I bought the hosiery went to Rack Room Shoes and got a pair of open toed silver heels. I wanted closed toe but at that price I was happy with them.

post-5979-133522968545_thumb.jpg

post-5979-133522968549_thumb.jpg

post-5979-13352296855_thumb.jpg

These just arrived! Jessica Simpson's "Satino" bought thru Heels.Com. All heavy elastic strapping except most forward strap over the toe. Very comfortable. Honest 5" heel with effective 7/8" platform. Heel & Platform in suede-like material. This link should take you there. Check out the video for best views. Size 9 1/2 & 10 remain in inventory as of 1/4/12. HIGHLY recommended by

A very happy UpBy5

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/satino-black.html

These just arrived! Jessica Simpson's "Satino" bought thru Heels.Com. ...http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/satino-black.html

I fail to see why the seller describes this shoe as having a 'stiletto' heel just because the heel is high and fairly narrow. The shape and position of this heel is anything but stiletto.

And why is any heel of around 4" or more invariably said to be 'sky-high'? We badly need another adjective!

I took advantage of a 2 for one sale at Shoedazzle.com Here's the other pair that arrived with the black pumps in an earlier message.

rx

Wow! Those tights are a hotter shade of pink than I'd wear day to day, but I love the way they coordinate with the colour of the soles of the shoes!

If you like it, wear it.

The first pair is a lot more low key then I normally wear like smaller then a 3inch heel. I got them from jcpenney.com and shipping from them really takes a long time. I could have drove 30 minutes and got them but with free shipping at the time I could wait. The reason I got them was my idea was to wear them under pants for a shopping trip in the future.

A few weeks later I was doing some shopping for some house shoes since that what one of my relatives was asking for. Of course this would be the day that Target put out some of their new shoes and all the ones in my size. Even though I was sure the quality probably won't be there. I end up getting some. And to balance out the ones I bought last time I got some that were pink, at least 5in, platform pumps. They are a little loose in the side and I really don't have anything to wear with them but they look cute. I know some of my more brave readers are wondering why didn't I test them out in the store. I did but Target has this bad habit of joining their shoes together with a tie inside the shoe making trying them on hard without removing it.

Isn't it annoying when they tie the shoes togther like that? How the hell are you supposed to walk in them when they're tied together? Rather reminds me of a children's game or a sack race....lol