What started you to wear high heels?

Bernheels

Wow - I am so glad that I started this thread. It is great to hear all the other stories about what started other guys to wear high heels. for so long I thought I was the only one. Now I know that there are others that enjoy wearing high heels as much as I do. It is great to see the trend for guys to wear high heels. i can tell when I go to the shoe store that other guys are doing the same thing. There are no surprised looks on the lady sales people when I buy heels in a size 11. They compliment me on my choice in heels. How exciting. I love the feeling of buying new heels and I love all the new styles out there. Walk on

While I've been wearing heels for just the past four years, my fascination with them started long, long before that. It became a fetish when at age 13, I observed my aunt walking in pumps. She has high-arched feet and her arches winked with every step she took. The following Easter, she wore black pumps with at least a 3" heel, and once again her arches winked with every step. Looking back, her shoes must have been just loose enough so that her heel would slip out slightly with each step. One day I challenged myself: if you like heels so much, why don'y YOU wear them? And so I did. I started with 4" pumps and took to them the way a duck takes to water. I now wear 5-inchers regularly.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

I started wearing heels at the age of 12. My mom would go out and buy shoes always taking me with her. I loved the smell and looking at the shoes. When she would get them home I would wait until she was busy and try them on. I loved the way they felt on my feet. As I got older I got a pair with saved up allowance money and began wearing them when I was alone....I was totally hooked! It wasn't until about 2 years ago that I finally admited to my friends that I loved high heels....most of them turned thier backs on me but I found new friends. My friends now can't wait until the weekend to go shoes shopping with me. I wear heels nearly 70% of the day and I always wear them out when I go shopping. I have 26 pairs now and I keep goign to buy more. Anything in a mary jane style is my favorite!

My (david) first attraction to high heels was to high heel Boots. When I was eleven/twelve (1968/69) my brother and his wife visited us for Christmas and she had these exquisite Carnaby Street style lace up knee high 3 inch heel Boots. I was mesmerized by them, they were beautiful and I had to try them on, which I did. Wow, I loved the look. While they visited for the two weeks i found every excuse under the sun to stay home so i could enjoy the Boots. A year later I had the opportunity to visit them for three weeks, I was thirteen and to my delight I discovered three pairs of knee high, high heel Boots in her closet. Again I would spend every opportunity in a pair. By age fourteen I was determined to have my own pair of high heel Boots and the opportunity arose on a family vacation to Las Vegas in the summer of 1971. By this time i had a box full of scrapbooks with every magazine photo i could find of high heel Boots. In Las Vegas I spotted the Boots I wanted while walking downtown and the opportunity presented itself while my parents and sister took an afternoon nap. Wearing tight black cords i entered the store and asked the young sales Lady if she had the black suede knee high, 3 inch heel Boots in my size. She smiled, measured my foot which at the time was a size 10 Lady's (now I take an eleven) and returned with the Boots. She slipped both pairs on my legs over the cords and asked me to make sure the fit was right. The sight of me in the Boots in the mirror in the store was priceless. I paid for the Boots and wore the Boots out of the store and back to the hotel, up to my room. The look on my parents face when they asked me to come into their room I will never forget! I was ordered to take the Boots back to the store, which i did however not only did I keep the black suede Boots but bought the identical pair in brown tan suede. The Boots went underground. A few years later at age seventeen i found the Lady who would become my partner for life and my high heel Boot wearing was fully accepted by her and we've spent the past 33 years happily together. david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

great post David, liked hearing about the Vegas trip. My own affair with heels started when I was around 12 or 13, I used to stay at an aunts house, and my female cousin was the same age as me. My aunt always wore extreme heels (or they seemed so to me at the time) but it was my cousins shoes I was dared to wear one day, just a low heel but very thin. It felt strangely good (a common theme in this thread), and got me wondering how the higher ones my aunt wore would feel. First chance I got I tried on some gold stilettos, and as many other pairs as I could in my aunts room without getting caught. From then on I was hooked.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Hi Everybody,

Personally, I've started to wear high heels on very few occasions when I was 12 or 13. It was the shoes of my mother... From this date and maybe from before, I'm a real addict for high heels, but my passion was only to see women with high heels.

So from my wedding, I’m trying to get my wife with high heel, but I receive always the same answer: Impossible to wear this kind of shoes, you don’t know what it is… I was so disappointed that few months ago, during a long absence of my wife I decide to try in order to see if it is really “impossible mission”… So I bought the biggest 4” pair of shoes that I found in the normal shops (41 and I’m 44) and make some adjustments… What a surprise!!! What a feeling!!! I love to wear such kind of shoes!!!

So I spend a month alone at home to wear every evening my “custom” shoes and I was so happy. Just before the return of my wife, I’ve thrown the shoes in the trash bin. No more shoes for me! But it was so great, that I just order 2 pairs of shoes on internet: One 5” and one 6”, and for this time… 44. My wife will be out of the country with the children next week, I hope that I will receive my order before and enjoy… I will not throw the shoes anymore and certainly find a nice hiding place…

Hey guys...

Dont take this the wrong way, but whatever happened to "Sentences" and "Paragraphs"?

Some of these posts are just a nightmare to read as its just one big long endless sentance. 8)

Ya, and what about spelling, commas, apostrophe's,periods, etc.

real men wear heels

Ya, and what about spelling, commas, apostrophe's,periods, etc.

I assume that the incorrect use of an apostrophe in a plural was deliberate in order to illustrate the point:smile: In the UK we often call this the greengrocer's apostrophe since they seem particularly prone to this habit. I'll forgive the use of period for full stop since that's a problem with a foreign language. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1445564.stm

And to answer the original question I think it must have been around the age of 7 or 8 when trying my mum's though I don't have any clear memories. My first pair were genuine 1970s boots for men with a 2" heel. I still have them.

My (david) first attraction to high heels was to high heel Boots. When I was eleven/twelve (1968/69) my brother and his wife visited us for Christmas and she had these exquisite Carnaby Street style lace up knee high 3 inch heel Boots. I was mesmerized by them, they were beautiful and I had to try them on, which I did. Wow, I loved the look. While they visited for the two weeks i found every excuse under the sun to stay home so i could enjoy the Boots.

A year later I had the opportunity to visit them for three weeks, I was thirteen and to my delight I discovered three pairs of knee high, high heel Boots in her closet. Again I would spend every opportunity in a pair. By age fourteen I was determined to have my own pair of high heel Boots and the opportunity arose on a family vacation to Las Vegas in the summer of 1971. By this time i had a box full of scrapbooks with every magazine photo i could find of high heel Boots.

In Las Vegas I spotted the Boots I wanted while walking downtown and the opportunity presented itself while my parents and sister took an afternoon nap. Wearing tight black cords i entered the store and asked the young sales Lady if she had the black suede knee high, 3 inch heel Boots in my size. She smiled, measured my foot which at the time was a size 10 Lady's (now I take an eleven) and returned with the Boots. She slipped both pairs on my legs over the cords and asked me to make sure the fit was right. The sight of me in the Boots in the mirror in the store was priceless. I paid for the Boots and wore the Boots out of the store and back to the hotel, up to my room. The look on my parents face when they asked me to come into their room I will never forget! I was ordered to take the Boots back to the store, which i did however not only did I keep the black suede Boots but bought the identical pair in brown tan suede. The Boots went underground.

A few years later at age seventeen i found the Lady who would become my partner for life and my high heel Boot wearing was fully accepted by her and we've spent the past 33 years happily together.

david & cathy

ILoveBoots

That is a cool story. I wish I could meet a partner like Cathy

FL

FoxyLady

My wife asked me to dress as a woman for a halloween party and bought me a pair of 4 inch pumps. We both liked the way I looked in the shoes, and if I would wear high heels more often, she could wear her heels without towering over me (she is only 2 inches shorter than me) so that began my progression into wearing heels more and more. I now love to go out wearing boots with 5 inch heels and do so 4-5 times a week. Also, I wouldn't be caught dead at home with anything less than a 6 inch heel.

It's been nearly two years since my last post here. I've been lurking quite a bit lately, ever since getting emailed about my birthday last month, and figured I'd jump back into the foray with this thread. My attraction to high heels began in childhood. My mother used to wear a lot of pumps and sandals. The first time I tried on a pair of her sandals, I was hooked. I couldn't get over how different and great they felt. Since then, a woman's footwear is the first thing I notice about her. If she's wearing heels, my heart skips a beat with excitement, and I find it near impossible to take my eyes off of her. Today, I own a few pairs, and continue slowly adding to my collection. I generally prefer dressy sandals with a touch of "sexy" on a 4" or 5" spike heel - always black. I'm also very finicky about what I do buy, so I don't see myself ever becoming the next Amelda Marcos(sp?).

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

My wife asked me to dress as a woman for a halloween party last year and my outfit included a new pair of high heels that I could fit into. A few weeks later, she asked me to wear my new heels around the house and then soon it progressed to wearing them outside whenever we went traveling out of town. Now, we are both addicted to wearing high heels and it becomes a contest to see which of us can wear the highest heels the longest. Since my feet are 2 sizes larger than my wife's I definitely have the advantage, but she still wins quite often since she has been wearing 5 inch heels constantly for about 10 years.

I, like alot of other people here, started their love for high heels at a young age, looking at and wearing Mom's heels. I loved the look and feel from the first moment. Every chance I had, I would wear her shoes. But as I got older, I quickly out grew her shoes (darn!). Whenever we went shopping, I would look at the heels in the stores. It wasn't until I moved away from home, was I able to start my collection. My stash has ranged from 4" clunky heel boots (ankle, knee, thigh high length). The shortest heels are 3 1/2" on up to ballet boots. On many occasions, I have proudly worn my heels out in public, and do so many times a month. At my last job, I wore almost everyday. My present job requires my to wear steel toe work boots, so heels are out of the question. Innskin

I made a topic of my story somewhere on the board, but just to make it short: It started as a question as to why girls wear stuff like high heels, mom didn't answer, so I went to finding this out myself. What was to come was the discovery of my love for heels. It was really creepy at first, but I managed (especially before revealing it to my mom)

Formally "HHDude"

I made a topic of my story somewhere on the board, but just to make it short: It started as a question as to why girls wear stuff like high heels, mom didn't answer, so I went to finding this out myself. What was to come was the discovery of my love for heels. It was really creepy at first, but I managed (especially before revealing it to my mom)

Just out of curiosity, how is your mom doing with it now?

real men wear heels

I was wondering the same thing. How is your mom reacting now? If you are waiting for the "right time and circumstances' to go out in your girls shoes, why wait? Just put them on and act naturally, and walk in the open like you own the place. People will hardly notice.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ok, my turn! So you wanted to know what started me on wearing them, huh? I guess jealousy, I remember being about seven or eight and noticing the women around me in buisness suits, or skirts, and of course, high heels! At the time i felt like I wanted a slice of that pie but couldnt have it cause I was a boy, so I tried on my mothers at home in private and kept it that way for about a month I guess before she caught me!

you're right sorry! she just asked some questions like "Are you gay?" and "Why do you want to wear them?" and i told her straight up: "no i'm not gay, and i like the look, and sound" and we left it at that. she doesnt have any strong feelings either way. and to answer your other question: i started back up the next day!

Hard to say. As a youngster, I saw how difficult it was to walk in them, and started slowly warming up to the idea of being hobbled in a pair, myself. My love of bondage parallels my love of heels. I have always been jealous of women who prance around in 5"+ heels.

I believe he was trying to say that his mother's shoes were to large for him and he had to wear thick socks to make them fit more snugly so they would stay on his feet. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I remember thinking how sexy stiletto heels looked as a youngster, it was when I bought a pair of red pumps with 5.5" heels for my ex wife, some 25 years ago, and she said that if I thought it was easy walking in heels that high, then I should try it. Even though her feet were smaller than mine, with stockings on, I could squeeze my feet into these shoes. That was the start for me, I just had to have my own heels after that, and I've worn heels up to 7" since then, but not for long periods. I have found that with practice, I can manage my 5 3/4" Oxfords for what seems quite a long time without discomfort. I'm not sure how well I'd last all day though.

Hi all! Long post ahead... I have been reading here for about a week and decided to join in. From as early as I remember, I have been facinated with high heels. I visited my grandparents for a few weeks one summer when I was about 9 years old and found my grandmother's heels in the closet and under the bed in the room I was sleeping in. I would play with them and try to wear them, although they were much too big for my 9 year old feet. I was in heaven. Also that summer, my grandmother put a wig on my head. She wore wigs, as many women did in the 70's and I guess she was working on them and I just happend to be there. I thought it was great fun. Fast Forward to junior high. My mom had taken a job with both me and my brother in school so I often got home an hour or so before her. My brother was doing something after school everyday but I don't remember what. I discovered my mom's shoe collection in her closet. She had some really great heels (these were the end of the 70's) and my feet were right about her size. I would get home from school and run into her closet and put them on. Sometimes, she would arrive home while I was still playing. The garage door would make the loud noise as it opened and I would run (in heels) back to her room to put them up. She never did figure out where the black marks came from on the kitchen floor. (skidding heels rounding the corner). Fortunately, our computer was in her bedroom and I was always on it. I could return her shoes to their spot in the closet and jump on the computer right there giving me plenty of time to not get caught. About a year later (Freshman in High School) she put a bunch of clothes in bags for the Salvation Army. Right on the top were two pairs of heels that were my favorites. The bags were in the garage for a few days and I grabbed the shoes and hid them under the drawer in my nightstand where you had to remove the drawer to get to them. I wore them in bed nearly every night. I even had to fashion new ankle straps when my ankles grew to large for the ones on the shoes. About 8 months later, my parents found them while doing some unscheduled rearranging. I got all the questions about what I was doing and explained I had just wondered what it felt like to walk in them. That was that and I never heard anything about it again from my parents. In college, I fell in love with an girl that wore heels. I was so attracted to the shoes, it made girls I wouldn't normally chase look great. At one point, a roommate found the bottom half of a manniquin and hung it on the wall. Some girlfriends of ours dressed it in a skirt, panties and some mid-height heels. I had some fun trying on the ensamble although the shoes were too small. I did date a girl that had feet almost the same size as me. We dated for over a year and I loved to walk around in her heels. I still remember this pair of 4" bright pink pumps, my favorites. She didn't object and we had lots of fun. When I got my first job, there were tons of Halloween parties scheduled. The only women's clothes I had at the time was a skirt and top my cousin had left after living with me for the summer. I used to wear them from time-to-time. As luck would have it, 3 days before halloween, my stupid roommate managed to burn the hair on my legs during a lighter fluid incident with the grill. No permanent damage, just clumps of melted hair. It smelled really bad. The girl next door came over and helped shave the burnt hair off my legs. Everyone commented on my 'great' legs and she proposed the idea of doing the halloween party circuit together, switching genders. I protested a little as not to seem too eager. She found me a cute party dress, stockings, wig and everything. We went to Wal-Mart and tried on a few shoes. I brought some home and began trying it out. The first thing I noticed was, the shoes didn't have a high enough heel. I ended up going to payless and getting a pair of 4" black suade pumps. Halloween night, she was dressed as a guy (with a coffee ground beard) and I was in a cute party dress with stocking, heels and panties. We went to the first party and arrived a tad early. One of the girls there was a professional make-up artist for movies and television. She grabbed me and re-did my makeup. I looked perfect. Throughout the night, we had a total blast and secretly, I was in total heaven. Out in public wearing heels and a dress. Funny thing was, the girls paid me more attention that night and for weeks after than before. I still had those clothes for years and occationally wore them in private. I wore the shoes more often, but always in private. My wife had heard the stories and actually has some pics of that halloween night so long ago. She knows of my affinity for heels and, being crazy for heels herself, has over 200 pair. Unfortunately, she has tiny feet so I can't wear them. Over the past few years, she has purchased heels for me. We even go by the department store sale rack and check for both sizes. I probably have 40 pairs now and wear them almost daily when I get home from work. I often sleep in them as well. My wife kinda likes this side of me so she is very supportive and sometimes pushes me further than I would go on my own. This halloween she mentioned the halloween long ago and thought it might be fun. I am a little larger now (4" in the waist..larger but not fat) so I don't think I look like the cute petite girl I was 18 years ago. We started shopping and found a cute skirt, top, pettycoat, panties, wig and some awesome 4" heels that I can walk in all day (more about that in a few). A corset (expensive with steel staids) gives me a great figure under the clothes. We did a dry run the other night with full makeup and all to see how it would work. I think it worked great and if I can work on my voice, I could easily pass. That night, we took a late walk around the block and didn't run into anyone. My first time out in many years. Last night, we went for a walk around the entire area (almost 2 miles) wearing drab but with my halloween heels on. The long pants covered them mostly and it was quite dark. We saw a few people walking dogs and such at a little distance but didn't pass or talk to anyone. I covered the entire distance with no problems in these VERY comfortable heels. It was great to walk that far because I figured out how to walk better in heels. Around the house is always short distances and lots of sitting and standing. This was a very long, non-stop walk. I learned to swing my hips a little and stand up straight with my chest out. Made walking a little easier. My wife was at the mall while I was at work and she came home with the cutest red dress for me. She also got the same shoes I have as she loves them too. Yesterday, I drove to a far away mall and back wearing the shoes. I am now quite profecient in shifting and braking wearing 4" heels. I switched to tennis shoes to go in the mall. I did go back the following weekend and wore the shoes in. No one really noticed except 3 retired women standing near the esclator. They were whispering to each other and staring. For the past week and a half, I have been wearing my Sketcher brown 4" boots with a block heel and some jeans with boot cut legs that are long enough to cover the heels. Not brave enough to try the stilettos yet in public but I will get there. I am totally amazed at how no one really notices when I wear my Hot Topic black patent 4" heels with block heels. Anyone that does doesn't care or doesn't say anything. Keep on heelin'! I will! CJ

• Like 1