What started you to wear high heels?

Bernheels

I've been wearing heels for as long as I can remember. When I was little I remember my mum having an old pair of black leather knee boots with probably 3" chunky-ish heels that she used to let me wear. She threw them away after a couple of years, but I kept sneaking into her room to try on her other pairs. She had a lot of stiletto shoes and boots, most 4" or so. When I got into my teens I outgrew her shoes apart from one or two pairs of boots that I could squeeze into, but we used to regularly visit my aunt who wears a size 7 and as I was old enough to be left alone when they went shopping I used to get an enjoyable hour or so trying on hers. I think I was 17 when I bought my first pair, some cheap and nasty black patent courts. Having discovered the joys of heels that fitted, and that I didn't have to steal, I've been buying them ever since! One of my ex-girlfriends had a lot of high heeled boots that she used to let me wear, even taking me out on her motorbike once with me wearing her black suede stiletto heeled thigh boots over my jeans! My ex-wife wasn't happy at all about my heels, and they went underground which didn't make me happy as I felt like I was doing something wrong, and evetually came to resent her coming home from work when I had a day off because it meant that the heels had to go away. My GF now doesn't mind me wearing heels at all, although I'm still getting used to the idea that I can just wear them when I want to. She's even happy to go out with me wearing them. :smile: Chris

Always had an attraction to high heels as long as I could remember. In school I'd always lust after the nice shoes the girls wore and wondered what it must be like to wear them. Even my sister had some strappy sandals that I often admired. It seemed unfair that women had nice shoes that looked attractive, they obviously had some interest in wearing, and made the "boys" shoes look so boring. It wasn't until I met my wife a few years ago that I got to explore them. I told her I thought high heels were sexy, and wondered what it must be like to wear them. So, she bought a pair for me and is cool with me wearing them around the house. I've bought a few pairs in the stores, and realized that nobody seems to give much notice to a guy trying on heels in the stores. I haven't worn them in public, but maybe someday. She admits that while she might not have been gung ho on the idea of guys wearing heels when she was younger, she's accepted it and has no problem with me wearing them. I have a lean frame, narrow feet, and even she admits that they look good on me. The farthest I've pushed the envelope in public was when we were on vacation, and I wore a pair of flat dress sandals (not from the men's department) with some dress pants out to dinner. Nobody seemed to think much of it, and my wife thought it was a good look. I shaved my lower legs and feet, trimmed my toenails, wore a toe ring, and thought it was a good look even if some others may have thought it was unusual or (gasp) "girly". As it turned out, nobody said anything, a couple folks glanced but didn't give me looks like "OMG, what are wearing?", and I focused more on enjoying our dinner.

• 4 months later...

As far back as I can remeber I have always liked looking at high heels on women and in shops. One of my aunts always used to wear black stilletto court shoes, which were about 3". I have four sisters, all of which are older than me. I used to wear my sister's shoes even though they were flat(she didn't have an high heels yet). When I was about 10 years old my two oldest sisters started being allowed to wear heels. At the time I was a size 4 uk which was the same size as my eldest sister. She had a few pair of low stillettos. One pair of black one pair of white and one pair of navy blue. I used to go in her room and try them on for a few minutes. Loved the look and feel of wearing heels and have been wearing them ever since.

Like many others, my mom wore high heels all of the time. I tried on a pair one day and I was hooked. I wore her high heels until my foot got too big for them. I started wearing higher heeled boots my senior year in high school. I wore the men's platform and disco shoes through the 70's. After the style faded, I started buying and wearing women's high heels up to the present. I too have always loved the image of a beautiful woman in high heels. I envied the look so much, I just wanted to join in and have fun. So, here I am.;)

sabotalot,thats what my avitar is that I wear-black demonia knee high platform boots! (hence my name in here) they are very easy to wear, & I love the added height that they give me!;)