Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

I can't believe I literally just stumbled upon this.

Yet another example of my above statement, "The internet has evolved into an entire Social Media experience, replete with all sorts of guys promoting heels to the greater public beyond the closed doors of this community." This Social Media experience now includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, tumblr, and blogs.

In this case, I literally stumbled upon the Instagram account of Shaq91 (who is banned from here and is now 20). That account can be viewed on a desktop by clicking --> @hottestheels Currently, users of Instagram can only upload pictures via an Iphone. Instagram has announced it will reveal an Android app later, but for the moment only iphone users can upload pictures.

If you scan through his photos and read the comments from the general public, they ought to encourage the skeptic in anyone. You will see he's discovered a plethora of acceptance and generally created his own world of acceptance.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

My 2 cents.

I found this article very different from the others. I have yet to read the comments.

"Monica Pascarella, buyer at online retailer LuisaViaRoma.com told Style magazine: 'When I first did it, my boss thought I was crazy. It was the first season Rick Owens had made heels for men and we sold 23 pairs within the first week"

My 2 cents.

I found this article very different from the others. I have yet to read the comments.

"Monica Pascarella, buyer at online retailer LuisaViaRoma.com told Style magazine: 'When I first did it, my boss thought I was crazy. It was the first season Rick Owens had made heels for men and we sold 23 pairs within the first week"

I like this article because it shows there is profit in the marketplace for heels manufactured for men.

• 2 months later...

Grab a beer folks, this might be a long perspective/outlook of mine and why Im where Im at. For starters, as most men whom have shopped for even a pair of jeans would know, Try and find a pair of jeans with a 26-28 waist and a 34inch inseam. Specialty shops can order or tailor them. Off the shelf at most stores? Not quite so. Strange as it might sound, Womens pants in the 6,8 or 10 Tall ( depends on brand/designer ) fit right off the shelf. Might sound odd, but its the truth. Shirts? Yes, mens shirts fit. Choaking me at the neck! I cant stand Ties! Whomever thought of such an idea.. putting a noose around your throat without being forced to do it.. You kidding me?!?! After a decade of fighting the system, I just decided to say F-it and buy womens pants. THEY FIT! For work, I wear IMI/Glidden brand pants. They have a female pant line. Guess which line actually FITS me! Covered in latex and oil paints, stains, polyurethane, lime, plaster and calk.. nobody knows the difference till they either read the label or are told. Only then does anyone have an issue of any kind and most really never find out. Most people notice the heels.. Well.. usually they notice the heels then are shocked when they actually take a good look and say ' holy shit! Its a guy! '.. so??? Did the world end or something? I have been confronted about wearing skinny jeans. Not in any form of violent ways, but by people whom believe any guy whom might choose to dress as I do must be gay or a transexual/intersexual or whatever flavor of life is the ' buzzword ' this week. I just ask them to point me out to where I can shop and find guys pants that fit on a daily basis and they wont ever have to worry about seeing me dressed as I am. Its usually at this point most sort of say ' Well.. I can see why you might .. ' or ' Ya know.. you do have a point.. ' or some other mumbling rubbish because they become lost for words as they shop for their own pants and know what sizes are out there/are common. Its not that I dont often say to myself ' I wish I were about 3 inches taller ' or ' It would be nice to gain about 30-40lbs! ', but reality has dictated I have a high metabolism, Im skinny and at the most Ive weighed 160lbs in my life. Others probably wish they were my weight.. I say dont wish for something believing its better then what you have, you could be wrong. While there are many Buffoons out there whom are just looking to heckle, I would guess theres an equal amount that really could care less about what Im wearing and put their thoughts to better use in regards how they are going to feed their family or what they are going to wear. I think it would be safe to say there are a lot of guys out there whom might say ' Heels? No kidding.. thats a kick I havent tried ' or ' I never really gave it a thought before now.. '. All the fears I see posted on here are OUR fears, not anyone elses. Fighting for rights? I know of no laws stopping me from wearing what I want so long as Im not ' indecent ' or very harshly offensive. Is it we dont have a right to wear what we want or is it we want to wear what we want and tell others they cant heckle us? Just as we have the liberty to wear what we want, others will speak their minds, reinforcing they are ( in fact ) some of the names we might associate to those people or their mentality. Its a waste of time to identify and let those individuals know what they are as they already have enough problems/issues to deal with and whatever we offer would be second best to what they ( more then likely ) already know. With such being said, just wear what you want. Take the good for what it is and take the bad as well. I find its a GOOD thing to have some negative comments every now and then thrown my way. It lets me know what kind of person I am and where I stand when looking at others.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Great post ILK, I will be attending a police officers retirement do tomorrow night in a quaint village pub. Lovely bloke, very well liked so numerous will attend. Will some of them be surprised, shocked if I turn up in my 4'' black boots under my blue jeans, yes they will. Will it stop me wearing them, no . There will be some very loud confident characters attend and they may wish to make comment and take the piss out of me They are very alpha male and don't hold back o the banter. Bring it on, it won't harm me and they had better be ready to recieve the banter back.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Grab a beer folks, this might be a long perspective/outlook of mine and why Im where Im at.

For starters, as most men whom have shopped for even a pair of jeans would know, Try and find a pair of jeans with a 26-28 waist and a 34inch inseam. Specialty shops can order or tailor them. Off the shelf at most stores? Not quite so.

Strange as it might sound, Womens pants in the 6,8 or 10 Tall ( depends on brand/designer ) fit right off the shelf. Might sound odd, but its the truth.

Shirts? Yes, mens shirts fit. Choaking me at the neck! I cant stand Ties! Whomever thought of such an idea.. putting a noose around your throat without being forced to do it.. You kidding me?!?!

After a decade of fighting the system, I just decided to say F-it and buy womens pants. THEY FIT!

For work, I wear IMI/Glidden brand pants. They have a female pant line. Guess which line actually FITS me! Covered in latex and oil paints, stains, polyurethane, lime, plaster and calk.. nobody knows the difference till they either read the label or are told. Only then does anyone have an issue of any kind and most really never find out.

Most people notice the heels.. Well.. usually they notice the heels then are shocked when they actually take a good look and say ' holy shit! Its a guy! '.. so??? Did the world end or something?

I have been confronted about wearing skinny jeans. Not in any form of violent ways, but by people whom believe any guy whom might choose to dress as I do must be gay or a transexual/intersexual or whatever flavor of life is the ' buzzword ' this week. I just ask them to point me out to where I can shop and find guys pants that fit on a daily basis and they wont ever have to worry about seeing me dressed as I am.

Its usually at this point most sort of say ' Well.. I can see why you might .. ' or ' Ya know.. you do have a point.. ' or some other mumbling rubbish because they become lost for words as they shop for their own pants and know what sizes are out there/are common.

Its not that I dont often say to myself ' I wish I were about 3 inches taller ' or ' It would be nice to gain about 30-40lbs! ', but reality has dictated I have a high metabolism, Im skinny and at the most Ive weighed 160lbs in my life. Others probably wish they were my weight.. I say dont wish for something believing its better then what you have, you could be wrong.

While there are many Buffoons out there whom are just looking to heckle, I would guess theres an equal amount that really could care less about what Im wearing and put their thoughts to better use in regards how they are going to feed their family or what they are going to wear. I think it would be safe to say there are a lot of guys out there whom might say ' Heels? No kidding.. thats a kick I havent tried ' or ' I never really gave it a thought before now.. '.

All the fears I see posted on here are OUR fears, not anyone elses. Fighting for rights? I know of no laws stopping me from wearing what I want so long as Im not ' indecent ' or very harshly offensive.

Is it we dont have a right to wear what we want or is it we want to wear what we want and tell others they cant heckle us? Just as we have the liberty to wear what we want, others will speak their minds, reinforcing they are ( in fact ) some of the names we might associate to those people or their mentality. Its a waste of time to identify and let those individuals know what they are as they already have enough problems/issues to deal with and whatever we offer would be second best to what they ( more then likely ) already know.

With such being said, just wear what you want. Take the good for what it is and take the bad as well. I find its a GOOD thing to have some negative comments every now and then thrown my way. It lets me know what kind of person I am and where I stand when looking at others.

Great post ILK, I will be attending a police officers retirement do tomorrow night in a quaint village pub. Lovely bloke, very well liked so numerous will attend. Will some of them be surprised, shocked if I turn up in my 4'' black boots under my blue jeans, yes they will. Will it stop me wearing them, no

. There will be some very loud confident characters attend and they may wish to make comment and take the piss out of me They are very alpha male and don't hold back o the banter. Bring it on, it won't harm me and they had better be ready to recieve the banter back.

Good reading, albeit Off Topic from the thread focus which is the General Public's Discussions of Men in Heels--nonetheless, it's filled with substantive content.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the other rockers & runway thread so I'll plonk this here for the time being.

http://www.examiner....nz-fashion-week

Thanks Benno! I'll actually be at Berlin Fashion Week on July 5th, so I'll defintely look into getting an invite to his show and checking into whether or not he has an after party! The after party woudl be a great place to don some heels for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know which would speak louder, "I'm wearing high heels!" or "I'm wearing really big ugly flowers on my feet!"

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Oh, dear. Words fail me in trying to describe what that guy was wearing. I don't think very many WOMEN would wear shoes like those. Just saying.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another reason why I group New York City with Paris with Stockholm.

Check out the front page of the official Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Stockholm SS13!

Kind of surprised at the lack of response from the above ad. It's mainstream commercial advertisement for Cheap Monday, a brand widely circulated in Sweden AND the ad was run on the front landing page of the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Stockholm site. That's killing two birds with one stone.

I can't quite read the letters on the buildings in this photo, but I'm guessing this instagram picture taken by user @joannaday was taken in Sweden. It has an interesting men in heels shot:

post-287-0-39513800-1344259888_thumb.png

Edited by kneehighs

I somehow missed your post about Cheap Monday, but that character with the hairy legs surely is a male, even though his face is androgynous. I'm not crazy about his choice of hosiery, but the heels are nice. Good find. On the second photo, with the two guys in heels in the middle of the street, I wonder why the sign the guy is holding is in English. Steve

This was linked to in the Psych post (post 215) earlier.

http://www.telegraph...an-Connery.html

Quite interesting...?

Thanks and Super interesting! Increased quality of health care in a country = increased preference for feminine looking men.

Maybe this explains in part why I like Scandinavian women so much. I like this quote about Sweden, "The result was that in Sweden, which had the best health care, most women (68 per cent) preferred feminine looking men." And this additional quote regarding Swedish attitudes towards feminine looking men, "Dr DeBruine said: “We found that women in countries like Brazil, Argentina and Mexico where the health is poorer were more attracted to masculine looking faces than women in countries like Belgium and Sweden, which have lower mortality rates and higher longevity.

Edited by kneehighs

Maybe this explains in part why I like Scandinavian women so much.

No, this explains why Scandinavian women like YOU so much. You like them so much because more of them find your feminine traits (i.e. heels) attractive.

Anyway, it is an interesting study and good conclusion.

Steve

No, this explains why Scandinavian women like YOU so much. You like them so much because more of them find your feminine traits (i.e. heels) attractive.

Anyway, it is an interesting study and good conclusion.

Steve

Yes. The term is called Reciprocal Liking.

I somehow missed your post about Cheap Monday, but that character with the hairy legs surely is a male, even though his face is androgynous. I'm not crazy about his choice of hosiery, but the heels are nice. Good find.

The hosiery and heels you know are the choice of the stylist, working in conjunction with Cheap Monday's Art Director and Photography Team.

On the second photo, with the two guys in heels in the middle of the street, I wonder why the sign the guy is holding is in English.

Steve

That's an interesting point! I know that when traveling in Europe, speaking English is a "trait" that designates Higher Value since English is the more globally recognized language. This puts a premium on the English speaking person. But I think that's looking too deeply into why that guy is holding a sign in English.

Thanks, Trolldeg. But any thought as to why his sign is in English instead of Swedish? The shoes in the Cheap Monday pic may be bland, but they ARE women's heels. The hairy legs and wrinkled olive green socks need to go. It would have been a lot better if he were wearing black tights, for instance. Just my opinion. Steve

Thanks, Trolldeg. But any thought as to why his sign is in English instead of Swedish?

The shoes in the Cheap Monday pic may be bland, but they ARE women's heels. The hairy legs and wrinkled olive green socks need to go. It would have been a lot better if he were wearing black tights, for instance. Just my opinion.

Steve

I'll second that! They "are women's heels" despite the styling being off.

Here's an interesting idea. Have a high heels party! Not as if this is NEW, but there's actually a gay club that pulled it off, the link to pictures which can be found here:

Night Fuse for ION AZ; Heel Party @Bar1

Thanks, Trolldeg. But any thought as to why his sign is in English instead of Swedish?

1. Swedish people are very impressed by American and British culture, so we tend to think things sound 'cooler' in English than in Swedish. A lot of young Swedish fashion bloggers/magz actually use the word 'heels' in an otherwise Swedish sentence instead of the native Swedish word.

2. Maybe he was English speaking?

3. Maybe he was catering to an international audience?

I'll second that! They "are women's heels" despite the styling being off.

Here's an interesting idea. Have a high heels party! Not as if this is NEW, but there's actually a gay club that pulled it off, the link to pictures which can be found here:

Night Fuse for ION AZ; Heel Party @Bar1

Well, other than the campy quotient that several of the party goers possessed, there were a few good looks in there for men in heels. I would enjoy a public party of that type just for the chance to wear heels in a completely non-judgemental setting.

• 2 weeks later...

This was linked to in the Psych post (post 215) earlier.

http://www.telegraph...an-Connery.html

Quite interesting...?

Benno, KH, there may be a language bias isn't it ? The writers of the article are out of the women groups they studied, so what they call "feminine attire" is actually "feminine" in their own reference, but not for the women attracted to it. As far as you and me are belonging to the same group as the writers, we clearly understand, yet the people they are writing on may not understand because for them "feminine" is something else. I think male are attracting female through genetics. What they sport you can call or describe with any word, as far as it works, it is still a "masculine" accessory that helps their "male" status.

1. Swedish people are very impressed by American and British culture, so we tend to think things sound 'cooler' in English than in Swedish. A lot of young Swedish fashion bloggers/magz actually use the word 'heels' in an otherwise Swedish sentence instead of the native Swedish word.

2. Maybe he was English speaking?

3. Maybe he was catering to an international audience?

I vote for option 1. as here also in France we are slowly using more and more english words. this could be slower as in sweden because there is a lot of french speaking countries in the world, yet we are europeans and need to be understood easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just found this article, but I fear it is a bit outdated.

Anyway, the men in heels trend was there in 2010, and apparently appreciated by women.

Is it still there in 2012 ?

Are these Jeffrey Campbell Areas booties on the guy next to the ATM ?

(By the way I bought them in the women section - much cheaper and seems like the same as the ones for men but not available in suede).

Also I have to find wedge heels boots but impossible to date in size 45. Has someone an idea where to similar ones at an affordable price ?

Edited by Gudulitooo

• 3 months later...

SOCIAL MEDIA CONTINUES TO INCREASE CULTURAL AWARENESS OF MEN IN HEELS

Two of the internet's largest photo based communities, Tumblr and Instagram, are doing for men in heels what 7 years ago, we as a community had to do by "evangelizing" message boards.

Tumblr
So it appears as if TUMBLR, with reports of 30 million unique visitors per month, now also has it's share of men in heels photos.

Warning: self-curating discernment is a necessity when visiting these blogs.

Guys in Heels Blog

Instagram
Statigram, an analytics based user platform for Instagram, at the date of this writing shows some 413 search results for the phrase "men in heels". Instagram reached more than 100 million users in less than half the time it took Twitter. Given the phase out of the blackberry and the rapid rise of smart phone use, Instagram is here to stay.

Here you need an instagram account to view the photos online.
http://statigr.am/vi...arch/meninheels

*Of course, continued thanks goes out to the Publishers and Moderators of High Heels Passion, who for years has been tirelessly updating his blog. Edited by Shafted
removed links with nudity