Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

The comments seem to be from women that are protective of their territory. After raiding the men's section over the past 50 years, they take offense at men looking into their closets.

The hypocrisy from those sort of women is nothing short of staggering.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I t was a pretty good article and believe it or not, the comments did not surprise me. As seen by some of our polls here at HHP, it is pretty well split on women's views on men wearing high heels. I like the comments that say basically, live and let live and go for it.

Thanks for the article, nice find. Hope the day is coming, and we can be who we want to be. Comments are no surprise, but I do sense women get quite would be upset by us stealing their parade. Looking forward to the day equality! Mtnsofheels

The comments seem to be from women that are protective of their territory. After raiding the men's section over the past 50 years, they take offense at men looking into their closets.

I agree. But there are another kind of women (much more dangerous :irked:) who love opening their closets for enslaving men with their sumptous wardrobe. :smile:

Elegance is my second name

The hypocrisy from those sort of women is nothing short of staggering.

I agree, and would add that if so much of who they are as people is wrapped up in the thinness of a fashion, perhaps they would benefit from having to find something else to which they can attach their ego.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Conde Nast U.S. strikes again!

via LUCKY Magazine's Ray Siegel. She is by the way, kind of cute

men in heels: it’s still happening...in our own backyard

Thanks for the link. It made for good reading. Nice to know we're making inroads, little by little.

Thanks for the link. It made for good reading. Nice to know we're making inroads, little by little.

Note, the guy in the photo is an intern at American Vogue, the Holy Grail of the fashion world.

Just wow. Loving Andrej.

http://youtu.be/Okp5MwX3CsQ

I think his looks are great though after meeting him a couple of times in person, I get the impression he is shallow and narcissistic. I could be wrong, but I didn't get a "real" vibe from him AT ALL.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I was fairly shallow and nacissistic when I was 19. I'd be really shallow and nacissistic if I was 19 and being dressed as James 'Blonde' by Gaultier!!! : ) p.s. I have watched a few vids of Andrej and I got the impression that he was trying to do a Richie Rich 'club kid', don't give a damn, thing.

I was fairly shallow and nacissistic when I was 19.

I'd be really shallow and nacissistic if I was 19 and being dressed as James 'Blonde' by Gaultier!!! : )

p.s. I have watched a few vids of Andrej and I got the impression that he was trying to do a Richie Rich 'club kid', don't give a damn, thing.

Being a teen doesn't justify being shallow and full of yourself though. It just rationalizes it.

Karlie Kloss is as humble as Mother Theresa and as fun loving as Tiger from Winnie the Poo. Jac Jagaciak similarly is super down to earth.

I like how he looks, but I don't like how he acts regardless of his age.

Karlie Kloss is as humble as Mother Theresa and as fun loving as Tiger from Winnie the Poo. Jac Jagaciak similarly is super down to earth.

Hey! I watch FashionTV, so I know who Karlie and Jac are! :irked:

Just wow. Loving Andrej.

http://youtu.be/Okp5MwX3CsQ

I never heard of this guy before (I'm not a fashion guru) What a look !

I'm wondering how it would be like to look 50% male and 50% female.

(In his case maybe more female than male...)

How does he feels inside ? Like a women or a man or both ?

It must be quite an experience to make a fashion show for

both side and wearing all these clothes from well know designers.

I guess he must be the only guy on earth doing this !

I hope he likes what he is doing and won't spend his money too much.

Because a fashion career don't last too long...

Something I did not notice on this video: Is he wearing heels ?

(With that look I guess so...)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that link. There's some great banter in the comments section.

I liked this one:

Unfortunately, a major reason there is such a negative stigma about men wearing heels or female clothing in general is because too many CD's and TS's portray themselves as undesirable sexual misfits who wear these things for sexual gratification. I see this all the time on the Net and on trash TV talk shows and it sickens me.

Until this behavior is not portrayed in such a way, and ordinary men, successful men and men who are married have the courage to wear what they want, be who they want and live ordinary respectful lives things will not change.

I liked this one:

Unfortunately, a major reason there is such a negative stigma about men wearing heels or female clothing in general is because too many CD's and TS's portray themselves as undesirable sexual misfits who wear these things for sexual gratification. I see this all the time on the Net and on trash TV talk shows and it sickens me. (...)

<cynism on>

Ah yes, the Net and trash TV talk shows (what's in a name?) are a reliable reflection of reality ...

</cynism on>

<cynism on>

Ah yes, the Net and trash TV talk shows (what's in a name?) are a reliable reflection of reality ...

</cynism on>

You and I get this but the general public base their world-view on this crap. It doesn't help those of us trying to be ourselves to be compared with these 'cartoon characters.'

• 3 months later...

A recent Fast Company magazine cover with American talk show host Conan O'Brien in black stiletto boots. The cover story is about The 100 Most Creative People in Business. This reminds me of a time when I was wearing Black Stiletto Crocodile Textured pumps and a man and with his girlfriend approached me saying "you seem like the creative type" I find being in the creative field of fashion helps loads as my heels just go hand in hand with the field I work in.

post-486-133522973084_thumb.jpg

I detect a lot of pent-up hostility in your posts. Chill out, mate. It's just shoes. And we do have that right to wear the shoes or boots we want. Right now. The world is not hostile to us heel wearers. The demons are in our own heads. The only way fashion changes is for people to be bold enough to wear it, be seen wearing it, and get it to go viral on youtube! LOL Negativity won't win you friends and company here. Steve

A recent Fast Company magazine cover with American talk show host Conan O'Brien in black stiletto boots. The cover story is about The 100 Most Creative People in Business.

This reminds me of a time when I was wearing Black Stiletto Crocodile Textured pumps and a man and with his girlfriend approached me saying "you seem like the creative type"

I find being in the creative field of fashion helps loads as my heels just go hand in hand with the field I work in.

I'm a graphic designer and I can attest to what Kneehighs says. People almost expect a certain degree of "edge" to what I wear. In fact I was once told it was to my business advantage, because I look like a designer.

we are fighting for are rights to wear what we want. not to be treated like little children by women.

I wouldn't compare our silly little passion with fighting for rights or anything like that. As Steve63130 had said, we're already wearing what we want, openly and proudly. Just relax, go out and have fun, that's what wearing heels is all about.

I find being in the creative field of fashion helps loads as my heels just go hand in hand with the field I work in.

I'm a graphic designer and I can attest to what Kneehighs says. People almost expect a certain degree of "edge" to what I wear. In fact I was once told it was to my business advantage, because I look like a designer.

It's interesting that many guys talk about acceptance but actually that creative image and "edge" of men wearing heels relies precisely on it being outside the norm. Clearly even women don't get 100% acceptance ( Bias against high heels? ) but just go ahead and wear heels anyway... so maybe guys also ought to just embrace the "edge" that wearing heels gives and enjoy it rather than cling to some idealised notion of acceptance.

If you like it, wear it.

It's interesting that many guys talk about acceptance but actually that creative image and "edge" of men wearing heels relies precisely on it being outside the norm. Clearly even women don't get 100% acceptance ( Bias against high heels? ) but just go ahead and wear heels anyway... so maybe guys also ought to just embrace the "edge" that wearing heels gives and enjoy it rather than cling to some idealised notion of acceptance.

I agree that an "idealized notion of acceptance" is not cling worthy and we should just embrace wearing heels. It's FUN! :wavey:

Regarding our quotes above, the point I was making but didn't articulate perfectly the first time is that my CAREER is not affected by my heel wearing and in some cases, may even be helped by it.

Others here are not so fortunate. For example, even if an investment banker or business executive is "off the clock" so to speak and is seen by potential clients in heels, he "suffers" different risks to his bottom line than those of us in creative fields.

• 1 month later...

Have a click over to Lookbook.nu and view Anthony Roger's looks.

While lookbook may predominantly represent the 14-25 year old age bracket, the overwhelming positive responses to his authentic sense of personal style are nonetheless encouraging.

The internet has evolved into an entire Social Media experience, replete with all sorts of guys promoting heels to the greater public beyond the closed doors of this community.

As a case in point, here's a twitter account @6_inch_stiletto aka, Love Louboutins, who claims to have 43 pairs of Loubs and is public about being a guy. It's kind of funny how a couple of stereotypically masculine accounts like the New York Rangers Fan Club and a boxing trainer follow him. (maybe they thought he was a her).