Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

I like the man, he wears what he wants against great discrimination. does he have style well of course that's down to personal opinion, I personally wouldn't wear what h does bu it's his choice. However, yet again it proves the point that more of us need to get out there and just do it to educate people that it's purely a fashion choice nothing else.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Why do I keep thinking of Grayson Perry when looking at this guy. Though Grayson Perry is living and working in the liberal world of art and  artists, not in rural/small town America.

Why do I keep thinking of Grayson Perry when looking at this guy. Though Grayson Perry is living and working in the liberal world of art and  artists, not in rural/small town America.

Exactly my thoughts today, at9!

Both of them are bold and do their own thing openly, whilst clearly being intelligent and talented in their own fields.   But, quite frankly, both look like clowns in female clothes that seem to be chosen regardless of personal style.   (For those who haven't seen pics of him, GP typically looks like a cross between a 'Shirley Temple' child and a pantomime dame.)    

Perhaps Eddie Izzard is a better example of a more thoughtful, structured and presentable freestyler - though not all might agree.

While I applaud his bold independence from society's rules about what men should wear, he admits he is stuck in 1950s fashions, which I don't find attractive on him at all. I agree with Shafted. He really needs to find and wear clothes that suit his body type. I'd like to take him shopping someday!

Steve

I actually think he makes a lot of us here look like cowards, because he actually has the courage to publicly stand for his freedom in personal action and in the media.  You can count on one hand the number of people here that would do that.

Quite true.

Thanks for the article. Its a VERY good read!

Well I don't think the article's question is about this very guy freestyling or not.

But maybe rather, isn't there some "sissyness" hidden behind the wearing of heels, or anything labeled 'female', as a guy in general. Well coordinated or not.

Sissyness? *I* dont think so. It takes some skill to strut or navigate in Stilettos. Not Jackstands, but REAL heels. Its like learning to rollerblade or ice-skate.

Its one thing to dress up as a little girl or wear a diaper intentionally then to just be a guy wearing heels. Its one thing to be a submissive type of person and allow others to dominate you..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 9 months later...

to this day I regret I didn't fight to keep this thread in the For the Guys section.  sigh

Anyhow, here's the instagram page of Paul Duane.  A man who has successfully incorporated his woman on bottom/man on top look into all categories of his life from career to even his girlfriend.  He's been mentioned on here before.

http://instagram.com/thepaulduane

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

to this day I regret I didn't fight to keep this thread in the For the Guys section.  sigh

Anyhow, here's the instagram page of Paul Duane.  A man who has successfully incorporated his woman on bottom/man on top look into all categories of his life from career to even his girlfriend.  He's been mentioned on here before.

http://instagram.com/thepaulduane

Somewhat curious as to why this should be only in the guys forum.

Better look what forum you're in, because it's already in the "For Everybody" forum.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Somewhat curious as to why this should be only in the guys forum.

Because the thread is about men in heels content created by people outside of hhplace.org.  Male readers inside hhplace.org have most to gain from that, not a mix of male/female readers.   And because we want to distribute this value as efficiently as possible, it makes best sense to direct the flow of information to those who stand most to benefit from it.   The most active section of the forum is For the Guys.  The views (circulation) and engagement (replies) of threads in For the Guys far exceeds that of other forums.  

Better look what forum you're in, because it's already in the "For Everybody" forum.

I interpreted his question to be directed at my statement regarding "to this day I regret I didn't fight to keep this thread in the For the Guys section".  

Anyway, back to work.

Because the thread is about men in heels content created by people outside of hhplace.org.  Male readers inside hhplace.org have most to gain from that, not a mix of male/female readers.   And because we want to distribute this value as efficiently as possible, it makes best sense to direct the flow of information to those who stand most to benefit from it.   The most active section of the forum is For the Guys.  The views (circulation) and engagement (replies) of threads in For the Guys far exceeds that of other forums.  

I interpreted his question to be directed at my statement regarding "to this day I regret I didn't fight to keep this thread in the For the Guys section".  

Anyway, back to work.

It's not too late for it to be moved back, if that was your original intent.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It's not too late for it to be moved back, if that was your original intent.

It wasn't, haha.  I was just honestly answering saudade's question.

Shafted,

I agree with Kneehighs on this issue. Please consider moving it back to the For The Guys section. Thanks.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Okay, done.

Amazing!  Thanks for moving Shafted!

Now if I can use my words to affect change in the greater world at large, even better.

Kneehighs,

You're welcome!

Your words are very influential here on this forum. I think we all have great respect for you and your accomplishments, and we appreciate reading what you post here. Keep up the good work!

Steve

Kneehighs,

Your words are very influential here on this forum. I think we all have great respect for you and your accomplishments, and we appreciate reading what you post here. Keep up the good work!

Steve

Ditto! Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Exactly, Thank you Kneehighs for being a prime motivator for the men's evolution here!

Always an inspiration.

Oh, yes! I couldn't agree more!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Everyone's compliments are totally appreciated.  Thanks!!

Some for the soul, from reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/20syir/since_revealing_myself_to_be_a_crossdresser_girls/

Some quotes from the reddit.com link I posted above.  An interesting note is that this thread is posted in the Ask Women section.  It's not an alternative lifestyle, LGBT, or fetish section.  Since the sample of responses is pooled from a more generalized population of users, there's arguably less bias.  The opinions are thus possibly indicative of the attitudes of the general population.

VeganDog Could they feel safer around you? At least for me, a guy who is comfortable enough with his sexual orientation and gender identity to dress femininely comes off to me as a guy who isn't desperate to prove his masculinity. This makes me feel safer and more comfortable around him, especially when alone.

manatee313  I agree with safer, also you're showing a vulnerability to them and being honest. We women dig that, especially in friends. We tell each other secrets to share them and to show the other person we are willing to be vulnerable, it helps other people open up. You shared a secret, women open up to you

outofshell  Totally agree. I would feel more trust for someone who opened up to me like that.  Also, it sounds tremendously fun to dress up together and go shopping :)

tellthemstories  I haven't thought through this thoroughly yet, but I think it's because it would give me something extra to connect with the guy about, an extra plane of understanding. He'd be more likely to accept feminine bits of my personality and less likely to not understand/be alienated by them.

Gamerdomme  My partner is a crossdresser, of sorts, he wears the clothes, indoors - just doesn't go out of his way to look like a woman (he also has a beard!). When my female friends found out, they thought it was super-cool too... I guess it kinda bridges the gap between men and women and what to talk about. Like, there's some things that "most" guys just aren't interested in talking about like clothes, makeup, etc... so it's kinda nice to have a guy to share that with too. I can sit down with him and we can pick clothes together and be like "oh that would look good on you"...I hate that there's "mens clothing" and "womens clothing". I wish there was just clothing and people could just wear whatever they want.

Ebu-Gogo  Men breaking stereotypes in such a specific way is still pretty rare nowadays, so most women are just really excited to see it happening to someone they know and want to be supportive.  Then there's the obvious overlap in interests (though not for me, since I'm not into make-up etc.).  I don't have any male friends ATM, but if I did have one I'd think it's great he's being so daring in his self-expression. And silently be a bit worried I'll be judged for not being as feminine. I know the latter isn't a good thing, but I can't deny that it'll be something that crosses my mind. It's happened in the past.

Reading those quotes, it's certainly good to know that there is such openmindedness among women.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 4 weeks later...

Kneehighs,

Thoughtful and useful as always! Perhaps hhplace's first "electronic statue" shall soon be erected in your honor. You, undoubtedly, have been the difference for some members "stepping out" sooner rather than later. Finding one's precise place in the world, and enjoying the confidence that goes with it, justifies all that you do here. Bless you.....and your heels!     HappyinHeels

Good find there Kneehighs.

It may only be a hand full of comments amunst a minority cluster of readers to find the original and respond but is a glimpse of life, not so grim.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Men in heels live at Paris Fashion Week: AQUAZZURA strikes again.  

Back in June 2013, luxury shoe design brand Aquazzura had a presentation at Pitti Uomo, the most influential trade show for menswear on the planet.  Male models wore women's high heels at the presentation.  The original coverage provided here by Fashionista.com

Yesterday at the Aquazzura party at Paris Fashion Week, Aquazzura again embraced male models wearing high heel stilettos:

--Eva Chen, Lucky Magazine's Editor-In-Chief took a photo for her public instagram account which can be seen here.

--Top Danish based blogger Pernille Teisbaek also took a photo for her public instagram account which can be seen here

The comments are interesting to read.  It's delightful that an influential brand with roots at the highest levels of the fashion hierarchy is cheeky enough to embrace men in heels as part of it's PR program. 

post-287-0-58685900-1411805081_thumb.jpg

post-287-0-79920900-1411805139_thumb.jpg

I always thought if heels for men ever gets going, it's going to come from a new company who doesn't haven't any long-standing reputation to lose! Maybe these guys can pull it off! Thanks for calling this to our attention, Kneehighs. It could be a major breakthrough. At least it isn't poking fun at the idea of men in heels.

Steve

From Zero to Hero:

http://youtu.be/hRXc_-c_9Xc

While this video touches on crossdressing, there are still men appearing as men wearing heels towards the end.

The plot line touches upon the universal human desire to feel heroic.

It's a great that the MUSIC industry is taking action to culturally assimilate minority sections of the population.