Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Here's a couple of more progressive and experimental outfits. This is not an "LL Bean, dressed up" style. I still like the blazer, pants, and stiletto look...but thats casual chic, and I am going for something different here. These are a bit more mod, daring, and maybe too progressive for some people's taste.

Either way it was fun putting them together. Sorry about the lighting...I am still mastering my new digital camera.

I like it. :evil:

fogborkenvv -Thanks mate.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

fogborkenvv I think Im going to give this outfit a test run at the nyc meet. If not sooner with some lower heels.

Shafted Thanks. I think it could work too.

Heel-D Thanks. As far as your question in the Real Life Meets thread, I did wear kneehigh boots with shorts to a club on two occassions, which you can read about HERE

It was about two years before you joined the forum if I am not mistaken.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

fogborkenvv I think Im going to give this outfit a test run at the nyc meet. If not sooner with some lower heels.

Shafted Thanks. I think it could work too.

Heel-D Thanks. As far as your question in the Real Life Meets thread, I did wear kneehigh boots with shorts to a club on two occassions, which you can read about HERE

It was about two years before you joined the forum if I am not mistaken.

No problem. Interesting read. Sounds like a cool club. :evil:

About the outfit, it would definitely work with kitten/low heels or ballet flats as well as stillettos.

That one guy with the tank and scarf...not a bad style. I would loose the scarf on me though. Heel-D..love the red flats. I'm a fan of fun colored shoes with a normal outfit. I do red or turquoise flip flops someties with like flare jeans and a tight black top. People love it. guys and girl. Kneehigh...interesting look. I'm not a fan of skinny jeans, but the look is something you should consider.

CB17 - thanks for the compliments. I do love those shoes!! :evil:

I went into Cardiff City Centre with my girlfriend this Sunday and I wore:

Blue Gingham Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt (Oxfam charity store find - I think this shirt is from a proper shirt maker)

Blue Jeans - Trader

Brown Belt - Another Charity store find (Dunno what brand it is)

Brown Ballet Flats - Cherokee

Black Bag - Matalan

We took these shots opposite the Hilton, with the City Hall (I think) behind us:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Before anyone asks about this last one, that bag is my girlfriend's! We thought it'd be a fun photo to take...

Posted Image

All in all a great day. I certainly had a couple of double takes but apart from that we had fun going around the stores. It really does get easier. :D

When I get some time soon at home, I'll get some more outfits up on here for you to see - certainly some more heels!

Q.) Okay and not that this matters, but what do the two guys at the Fashion Spot that have pulled off heels have in common with each other?

A.) Alejandro and BryanBoy both have an androgynous outward appearance.

And facehunter, a fashion photo blogger, captured this moment on his blogspot: http://facehunter.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

Granted it could be woman with her breasts flattened down like they did in the 20's. But this is likely--and I could be wrong-- an adventurous man having some fun. And true, you can barely see if there is a heel, but look at the arch on his foot and look how high the heel on his foot is compared to his toes...

Heel-D So Sherlock, you actually figured out who VICTIM is! Good job. I agree, he would look great with heels. The ribboned neckpiece and low cut cardigan are indeed andro.

Here are a few repeat outfits of mine, but with the skinny pant twist:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ALL OUTFITS:

Hugo Boss t-shirt

Cloak vest

INC. skinny pants

Nine West 'botamy' boots or Stuart Weitzman 'sensual' pumps

various jewelery pieces as pictured in another post

In my opinion, the above outfits are probably the closest that I could come right now to satisfying the stringent requirements of the fashion set over at TFS. I know from various pms, that the skinny pants with boots underneath could work. I think the closer I can get to being androgynous, the easier it would be to pull off stilettos.

The second outfit is what I wore today, sans the heels.

I really, really would love to pull off the third outfit. There's something magical about pumps for me.

I luuurrve your shoes knee-highs. How is the fit? They look very sensual.

pumpmarstar :evil: Thanks for the compliment. Funny you should say they look very "sensual" as that is their exact name as prescribed by Stuart Weitzman. :D Their fit is a comfortable 12, with a perfect "snug factor" that keeps my heels in the shoes when I walk.

kneehighs: I, together with many others, appreciate your efforts in arranging heel meets regularly. And I would love to come to yet another heel meet in NYC for Halloween 2007 but can't really give an answer yet, it is more than a year away. :evil: Or have you maybe just made a typing error........ smile

Looking forward to see you again in 5 weeks from now. Hopefully I have some new boots with me, am expecting some three more pairs, all stiletto heeled, to arrive in 1-2 weeks. And I hope to get some more "plain" looking boots with more of a block heel look too.

/admirer

Charity Stores and Car Boot Sales are a Godsend!

So says Heel-D!

Here's a couple of outfits I have to show you today (although the lighting in these pictures isn't great).

The jacket you see was bought today at a Cancer Research Charity store in Oxford. Brown Suede Leather and only £15! I love it!

The first outfit you see is me in ballet flats:

Posted Image

The jeans in this first outfit I bought today also - FCUK jeans. They work great with the flats and the jacket.

"But flats are boring!" I hear some of you cry!

OK.

So using the jacket again I put on my £6 (because they were bought at car boot sale) almost brand new GAP Lowrise Boot Jeans (literally unworn and superb quality - this season too I think!) and my black F+F round toe courts (3" heel):

Posted Image

Looking good so far - here's a couple of other snazzy shots of the same outfit for you.

HERE and HERE.

And finally, my nice black leather stilletto ankle boots work wonders with the outfit as well:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The possibilities are endless with this jacket. My simple brown H&M pashmina style scarf adds a nice finishing touch! So many other heels will work with this jacket - I'm going to definitely have fun wearing this! Funnily it's the jacket rather than heels that makes this outfit.

:evil:

PS. appologies for the rubbish image quality. I'm going to go new camera hunting once car & work wise I'm sorted.

Heel-D I like the silhouette of the jeans and coat combined.

And yes, we must get some scarfs this year! I've been contemplating splurging on the Dior Homme scarf that is 15 feet long. I've also thought about buying my own fabric in the Garment District and giving it to my seamstress to have her custom make me a 15' long scarf.

Heel-D, There's probably nothing wrong with your camera. Your mistake was to stand in front of a brightly lit background. The camera saw the bright background and compensated for it by darkening the foreground (you). Try facing the bright light and putting the camera between the light and yourself. Bet your photos come out much better. Good luck. I like the court shoes. GWL

I realised that also. I should've shut the curtains. Ah well, will remember next time. Thanks, gwl1. dr1819 - thanks. I do like visiting thrift/charity stores. You always find interesting stuff and it's great fun mix and matching it. Plus you can be unique. The bonus is it's cheap too.

I agree, Heel-D. My first skirt was from a thrift store, as have been a number of shirts and jeans over the years. I don't think I'll ever be tempted to pay more than about $35 for a skirt, so I usually stick to the online discount stores that cater to the larger and taller sizes. I've found their quality to be comparable to skirts priced a hundred dollars more, and because they use more common materials like denim and twill, along with styling such as waist sets, pockets, and the normal number of belt loops (4, 5 preferrably), I've found them to be far more functional, as well. As for heels, I'll usually order three times the number of pairs that I keep, as I'm a stickler for comfort. The moment any heel becomes uncomfortable, for any reason, it goes back in the box and back to the retailer. It's only after I've been able to wear a heel part time for several days in a row, followed by a graduation of wearing it from after wakeup to just before bedtime, does it graduate and become a part of my collection (which is still at a whopping 12 pair right now...).

I got them from Walmart, the brand is 725, and the name on the boot is Sandy. And I know this is gonna sound weird to alot of ppl, cause I've heard so many say they prefer leather. I persoanlly like pleather and vinyl more. Not all cause some are just really cheap and will crack easily. But leather really doesn't do it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics of a new outfit still in its preliminary stages:

this outfit still needs some perfecting. The tie in all the pics is a bit too long. Once I have the tie even with the waist on my jeans, then I think the outfit will look better. Also, the jeans are brand new, a bit tight (I have another pair a size up), and still need to be hemmed. Plus, the button down shirt collar is too small for a tie...its a woman's shirt. I hate to say this, but I think I'll resort to incorporating my office shirts (pretty cool 3D textured patterns on them).

Once this outfit is perfected with the block heels, I think I'll finally have a modern look that mainstream fashionistas will like.

Posted Image

this first pic is probably suitable for mainstream fashion forum use.

Nine West Earnest Boots

Nine West Botamy Boots

Nine West Pumps

Nine West Pumps #2

All photographs appearing on this site under the username of kneehighs are the property of kneehighs. They are protected by the U.S. copyright laws, and are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without the written permission of kneehighs.

Kneehighs,

Well, both boots pics do it for me, I don't think that the pumps are so good with trousers/pants no matter who wears them. I personally don't like the additional colour change between the shoe and trousers/pants, but then again that is just my opinion. Dark hose sorts that out of course. I concur with your opinion that the Ernest boots would go well and I hope you post your pic on fashionspot for a reaction.

I am, and I guess I will always be, of the opinion that stilettos will never go for men unless they are slim. YOU have the figure that can carry it off and do so very well.

Lets face it, when you see generously proportioned women wearing stiletto heels (especially higher styles) they look wrong - period, so why should a guy be any different? Shame as they are great fun to wear.

What we as a group need to find is where the width/depth of the heel really does look good on men in general. My personal belief is that a 3/4" heel (remember I'm taking width NOT height here) is as thin as we can go. It still gives that nice stiletto feeling, but has enough width. Well my fiancee sees that heel width as being on the cusp of acceptablity.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Booted Isn't Nine West the best!

Kneehighs,

...snip...I concur with your opinion that the Ernest boots would go well and I hope you post your pic on fashionspot for a reaction.

After semaj and Purechris at the Fashion Spot posted these outfits within two days of each other, I was inspired to replicate something similar with heels. Now I just have to decide which thread to post the pic in...What Are You Wearing Today, which is where TFS members go for positive feedback on their outfits...or the Heels for Men thread, which is a more controversial thread.

What we as a group need to find is where the width/depth of the heel really does look good on men in general. My personal belief is that a 3/4" heel (remember I'm taking width NOT height here) is as thin as we can go. It still gives that nice stiletto feeling, but has enough width. Well my fiancee sees that heel width as being on the cusp of acceptablity.

A 3/4" thick heel would seem to be a good utilitarian standard, possibly providing the greatest acceptance for the greatest number of members--based strictly on visual appearances only.

I've grown to believe that fashion is as much about attitude as it is appearance. Coco Chanel said, "elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future." My interpretation of this is that elegance is about more than just dressing well, its an attitude too.

How many times have you met someone that had a small "blemish" in their appearance, but you failed to take notice of it until they pointed it out to you? For instance, last night when I was talking to some girls, one of the girls had a space between her two front teeth. I didn't even notice the space until she pointed it out later. IMHO, the reason I didn't notice the space is because she carried herself with an elegant self-confidence.

"Pride was the key to her character," wrote Janet Wallach, author of Chanel: Her Style and Her Life. Chanel's attitude is especially relevant to our community, since she was the designer that spearheaded the appropriation of men's clothing of her day. She made sport jackets for women, popularized bobbed hair, popularized boyish flapper styles and trousers for women.

When you take a good appearance and combine it with a good attitude, it creates an aura that precedes the actual physical person. The other day when I was walking down the street, I saw a girl whose outfit I did not like at all. But she walked with such a confidence as to override my tastes...it made her quite appealing actually.

Another pic of a man in heels. This isn't exactly a model that I'd follow, but it is nonetheless a man in heels. (or is it :evil:)

from Face Hunter

Posted Image

And a pic of a man in a skirt, especially for dr1819. Both pics were taken during NYC Fashion Week.

Hi kneehighs. My compliments for your outfit with the Nine West Earnest Boots. I like these boots!. very good combination with the jeans. I am still looking for my own pair of boots but can't find something that I really like. Perhaps I have to wait for new future fashion designs! I will call you next week. Regards, Ronald