Cali

Cali World

You can walk elegantly in 6" heels?   More Nancy Kerrigan + Natasha Poly power to you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kneehighs said:

You can walk elegantly in 6" heels?   More Nancy Kerrigan + Natasha Poly power to you!

They have a 1.25 inch platform so its only a 4.75 inch effective heel, top end of my comfort zone. 

Can I walk elegantly in 6" heels? - let's hope so. I have been looking for knee high stiletto boots with full zippers. My Speedlimit 98 wedges are pretty tall and I can almost jog in them.

sl98wallH.jpg

My work Halloween costume worn from 6 am to 9 pm  The vegan leather skirt was warmer than I expected, even hot at times. Since it was a tight skirt, driving was different as well.

officeHH.JPG

• Like 2

Not just for Halloween,,,, looks great !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAT said:

Not just for Halloween,,,, looks great !!

Thanks @CAT , I knew you would like the skirt since it from one of yours (and now one of mine) favorite stores: EXPRESS. It took over two hours to get dressed and do my make-up.  I had many women tell me I looked better than they ever do or better than many women. :happy:   I'm just glad I don't have to do that every morning.

The jacket was a hit, got so many compliments it will be worn again even though it is fuchsia, it fits so well. I think if I use a black shirt and jeans it would look great with booties. So while not everyday wear, it will be used once here and there.

I love the skirt so I'm keeping it! I fits so well for a size 10, just  wish I could wear a skirt once in a while. 

My file keep getting merged so I will date them.

Nov. 1. The back of my Halloween costume I wore for 15 hours.

backsideH.jpg

Nov. 2.

The boots I ordered from Forever 21 came. They were as described, I could put my foot into them but the girth of my ankle prevented me from zipping them up. Sadly, they will be returned on Monday. Oh well, all I can do is try, on to the next.

Nov. 3.

I went shopping this morning at Costco. While sampling some sausage, another customer noticed my nails and started asking me questions about them until she noticed my heels and started talking about them. Another couple passed by shopping hear the conversation about my heels and looked down at them. She said " I like your heels"  as she walked pass.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

With the 30% off sale at Macy's I thought I would give these Jessica Simpson boots a try. Since they run small, I ordered an 11. They had up to size 12 on the website today.

Rollin High Heel Platform Boots

740bb66b-87ba-444c-b618-66f0ef8c38d4.jpeg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Cali said:

With the 30% off sale at Macy's I thought I would give these Jessica Simpson boots a try. Since they run small, I ordered an 11. They had up to size 12 on the website today.

Rollin High Heel Platform Boots

740bb66b-87ba-444c-b618-66f0ef8c38d4.jpeg

Totally your style, Cali. Hope they come soon - and enjoy wearing them

While I wait for the JS boots to arrive Steven Madden sent me $30 to use, so I did and order these stiletto mules Lure, from them.

Suede upper material  -  Man-made lining and sole  -  4.75 inch heel/.5 inch platform

They look like this years Manners but with a stiletto heel

Lure.jpg

Cali, Those are your style indeed. They are also something I'd buy and wear. They resemble my Xhiliration knee boots from Target I bought a few years ago. I do like the colour as well. Good choice you made there! HinH

• Like 1

Three pairs in 2 weeks...heel intervention must be required!!!!

=====

Today I had planned to expand my comfort zone by adding a few new things into my daily wardrobe. I got some vegan leather pants/leggings from Express several weeks ago and wanted to wear them in public. I had also impulse bought these Jessica Simpson’s Rachie yesterday at DSW and wanted to wear them to work.  Thus the plan was to wear them both.

newshoes.jpg

However, this morning when I put them on, I realized that I needed to soften them up just a bit before wearing all day.  So instead I opt for my Nine West Samreno knee high boots.  I had worn these many times under long pants and a few times with shorts, but never over pants. And not only over pants, but over vegan leather pants. Here’s my incognito work look for today.

SamrenoLeather.JPG

It very exhilarating and liberating when you expand your comfort zone!!

• Like 6

Nice look Cali. I also wear faux leather leggings tucked inside my boots. However with this weeks 12" snowfall here, I had to opt for my Uggs "Seldon" lined leather knee boots with 2" big block heels, to walk in the snow and ice. Maybe next week when it warms up, I can wear my heeled boots out safely again.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Quite the look @Cali, well done. I like those boots. Get any comments?

PS. Those JS booties look great too. Looking forward to seeing them on you

Edited by jeremy1986

Stiletto Mania

I have just purchased 4 new heels in the last month and the last three have been stilettos! Before that I had just one pair from Victoria’s Secret.  Today I picked up two pairs that I had bought on-line, so I thought I would try them each on and do a photo shot with my faux leather Express pants. Photos are in a new album.

Forget Black Friday This is Stiletto Mania!

Here’s my new heels:

Jessica Simpson RACHIE PLATFORM BOOTIE

COLOR: Black

Add refinement to your ensemble with the Rachie bootie from Jessica Simpson. The chunky platform and towering heel will boost the look of your favorite LBD.

Product Details

4½" covered stiletto heel, 1" platform  --   Faux suede upper  -  Inside zipper closure  -  Almond toe  -  Synthetic lining  -  Lighlty padded footbed

Approx. 3½" shaft height  -  Approx. 12½" leg opening  -  Synthetic sole  -  Imported

I got these in Size 10, slightly tight above the arch, but they should stretch out just enough.  I really feel sexy in these.

rachie01.jpg

Jessica Simpson ROLLIN PLATFORM KNEE HIGH BOOTS COLOR: Porcini

Product Details

Jessica Simpson elevates your fashion aptitude with these Rollin dress boots that pair with a skinny mini or flowing midi skirt.

PRODUCT DETAILS

4½" stiletto heel; 1" platform  -  Shaft height: 16½"; Circumference: 14"; measured on a size 6  -  Almond-toe dress boots with zipper closure

Covered heel and platform  -  Suede upper; manmade lining; manmade sole  -  Imported

I got these in a size 11. I give these a 5 star rating.  Been looking for a knee high boot with a full zipper for some time and when I saw these and I had a very special coupon from Macy’s I jump on them. So glad I did, these are sold out now. . I have had them on for the last 3 hours aand love them. Since I now have 4 pairs of knee high or almost knee high boots and have broken the ‘tight pants (leggings) with knee highs at work’ bubble, I plan on wearing these with those (faux) leather next week…maybe with my Sherpa. Plan to get a lot of use out of them.

jessica2.jpg

Steve Madden LURE Black Suede

Mule Stilettos.  Distinguished by a sky-high heel and dramatic arch, LURE tops the list of this season’s sexiest slides. Suede surfaces offer soft texture and a rich matte finish.    

PRODUCT DETAILS

4.75 inch heel height  -  .5 inch platform  -  Suede upper material  -  Man-made lining  -  Man-made sole

By far these are the tallest of the bunch but fit great. Since winter is coming up, I don’t plan on wear these until next summer.  These are also already sold out in black. Glad I decided to get them.  Shorter steps are also required in these.

SM Lure01H.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 5

Congratulations on your recent purchases! They all look great, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them. I really like the thinner heels, at least for myself. In my fantasy land, I would wear nothing but super thin stiletto heels. In the real world, these slightly thicker, higher-than-almost everybody-else, but lower-than-fetish heel height is so practical and comfortable.

• Like 1