Jump to content

The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Cali said:

I suggest dog food as a better use of you money.

You'd think.

Full bowl or really sexy 100% leather. When's the last time you saw a dog eat daily food over high end raw hide?

Ultimately my mistake, leaving delicious leather out in the open. Hell, Italian Heels leather smells so good I'd eat the shoes in a pinch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been mentioned several times that I do not provide enough photographic evidence of my fashion sensibilities, and I suppose there's a reason for that. I just don't feel it's very interesting. I

Just for the heck of it, because what else am I going to do, I decided to put on the same outfit I wore to Costco the other day (minus the mask), only wear my new Pleaser pumps with it. Just to see wh

I went to an after Thanksgiving party last night. It was at a Vietnamese house, so what I actually looked like inside the house was exactly this, but barefoot. It is the Asian Paradox, I guess. 90% of

Posted Images

Might check the Nine West site.  They have a pretty wide selection of pumps with varies heel heights for fall.  And www.classicpumps always has some nice looking pumps in decent leather.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, RonC said:

Might check the Nine West site.  They have a pretty wide selection of pumps with varies heel heights for fall.  And www.classicpumps always has some nice looking pumps in decent leather.

I think that perhaps we may be entering a time where there's just not a lot of shoes that I want to buy. Not from normal outlets like Nine West, anyway. I have a ton of Nine West shoes, and it used to be something I searched for, but all of these shoes are at least 5 model years old, most probably older than that. Now, I look through their website, and my reaction ranges from ambivalence to cringing. I am encouraged to see that they now offer a classic pump (as well as other variations on the same sole/heel) in which we see a return of a classic stiletto heel shape that curves forward as it reaches the ground, instead of dropping vertically at the back of the shoe. This "new" heel style seems to be available in at least three different heel heights, topping out at 100 mm, or about four inches.

Herein lies the sticking point for me with both Nine West and classicpumps.com. I don't mean to sound snooty at all, but they are just simply not high enough for my taste. I know, know! Once upon a time, a four inch heel was like insanely high! How can you possibly walk in those, much less wear them all day? I heard that conversation more than once growing up, and half the time, the girl was bragging about having four inch heels, but that boast was somewhat aspirational when you actually put a ruler to it. Four inch heels were the pinnacle of.  .  . something, I don't know what. Anyhow, what it comes down to, and I have nothing against classic pumps with a 4 inch heel, but I know I won't wear them. They will sit on my shelf collecting dust until someday I decide to get rid of them. So I'm going to resist the temptation to buy anything that short. I am not interested in having 50 pairs of shoes that I just look at. On the other end of the spectrum the Pleaser pumps that y'all seem to admire so much are right at 130 mm, or 5 1/8". As I said before, this is right beyond the height where I feel comfortable actually having people see me wearing them. I was thinking that maybe if I went down a notch to 120mm, I might actually wear them. That is where something like Italianheels or Fuss seems to be the way to go, because nobody (except very costly designer brands) is making single sole pumps in that height range anymore. The bloom appears to be off the rose with the extreme heel heights, outside of LA County.

The above referenced heel heights apply to my U.S. Women's size 9/EU size 39 shoes. As you know, your mileage will vary as you get much bigger than that. Or smaller, but I can't imagine we'd have much smaller on this forum.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you @mlroseplant.  I have 6 pairs of sandals that are worn out and I had planned on replacing.  I have been looking at heels from Steve Madden, Charles David, and many others as well as DSW, Macy's, .. and I'm only seeing a sea of 3.5 inch heels, really something approaching 4 inches. 5 inch heels with 2 inch platforms, etc.  

Lucky for me I have over 60 heels that I wear and 5 replacement pairs still in their boxes. And with this pandemic I rarely need to go any place, so I not wearing many different heels.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I don't mean to sound snooty at all, but they are just simply not high enough for my taste.

Ok.  When you were talking of the Pleasers being too high, I didn't know you meant a 1/4 - 1/2 inch or so too high.  Also just a note - I believe Nine West measures heels straight up the center of the heel from the side, not the back.  Their 4" heels do measure close to 4.5", especially in larger sizes, when measured up the back.  While I can't really wear anything over 4" with any degree of comfort and grace, from an aesthetic point of view, I personally actually prefer the look of a heel in the 3.5-4.5 inch range to those of 5 (+) inches.  Of course I am talking here about single sole shoes.  But even for platforms, I just don't really care for the look of a towering high heel.  Too each their own!  ;-). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Melrose is right. Heel height has been dropping even the internet Chinese makes, which some how seem to always look lower than the corresponding picture. If i don't have at least a 4.75 inch rise then i move on. 5.25 is my natural limit. 

Even shoedazzle is offering less and less true stilettos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RonC said:

Ok.  When you were talking of the Pleasers being too high, I didn't know you meant a 1/4 - 1/2 inch or so too high.  Also just a note - I believe Nine West measures heels straight up the center of the heel from the side, not the back.  Their 4" heels do measure close to 4.5", especially in larger sizes, when measured up the back.  While I can't really wear anything over 4" with any degree of comfort and grace, from an aesthetic point of view, I personally actually prefer the look of a heel in the 3.5-4.5 inch range to those of 5 (+) inches.  Of course I am talking here about single sole shoes.  But even for platforms, I just don't really care for the look of a towering high heel.  Too each their own!  ;-). 

Yes, I can't even explain my own preferences. I wish I liked lower heels, but I just don't. There is a point where even I think they start to look odd. That for me is somewhere in the 5 1/2" range, on my size 9. There are some 6" heels that look pretty hot, but it's very easy for the design to go south pretty quickly. More than that, there is hardly anybody who can walk in such shoes, anyway. To be fair, I probably have a pickier definition of "walk" than some people.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

mlrosplant, based on what you've described in the past, I would say your definition of "walk" is quite proper!  

 

 

19 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Even shoedazzle is offering less and less true stilettos.

Yeah, it does look as if those of us who greatly prefer the stiletto to the thicker heels are in for a down period.  It has happened before - just look at the end of the 1960's and early 1970's.  Low block heels were absolutely everywhere, without a stiletto to be found.  Problem for me is that I likely won't live long enough to see the turnaround back to higher stilettos if and when it happens.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also agree @mlroseplantwith your definition of “walk properly “

And my height range is very similar to yours. With a W12 my real confort zone is 5’5”. 1/4 ‘ more is ok on even surface 

And like you,I don’t feel good with lower heels. 

As I am now wearing heels for years,and getting older,no real chance to improve any more and be able to run in 6’6” as some shows on YouTube. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting topic. In the beginning, I was all about the higher heels (three inches and over), they used to be almost all I wore on my outings. However, of late, I've come to appreciate lower heights (three inches and below), following in the footsteps of women who don't wear sky high stilettos all the time and prefer flats instead. But, that's just me, everyone here should wear and enjoy the heel height of their choice.

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, RonC said:

Yeah, it does look as if those of us who greatly prefer the stiletto to the thicker heels are in for a down period.  It has happened before - just look at the end of the 1960's and early 1970's.  Low block heels were absolutely everywhere, without a stiletto to be found.  Problem for me is that I likely won't live long enough to see the turnaround back to higher stilettos if and when it happens.

Well put, I'm in the same boat.

Fortunately i have more stilettos than i coukd possibly wear out, for the same reason, lack of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeffB said:

An interesting topic. In the beginning, I was all about the higher heels (three inches and over), they used to be almost all I wore on my outings. However, of late, I've come to appreciate lower heights (three inches and below), following in the footsteps of women who don't wear sky high stilettos all the time and prefer flats instead. But, that's just me, everyone here should wear and enjoy the heel height of their choice.

I have not bought anything south of three inches in.  .  . I don't think ever. Not counting work boots, or anything previous to 2012. I have bought a few recently that were south of four inches, however. I thought to myself, "Oh, those are actually very cute, and you know, life would be incrementally easier if I would just back off on the heel height a little." Guess what? I haven't worn any of those shoes. Not even once. To be fair, it's a strange, strange year, and unless I want to take a walk around my neighborhood at a good clip, I have precious little reason to wear any shoes where you have to bend over and do up a fussy buckle, so perhaps it's unfair to say I will never wear them at all, but I probably should have known myself a little bit better and kept my money. Like so many people on this forum have said about themselves, I cannot possibly tell you why I like the shoes I do. There is no logic to it whatsoever. It's even worse than that! Sometimes, as you have noted, Jeff, we suddenly do an about-face, and start liking something we didn't before. So who knows?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.  For years I hated wedges.  Now I can tolerate most and even enjoy a few, to the point where I own a pair!  I do have to exclude, however, wedge heeled boots.  For some reason, I just cannot stand the way they look.

Edited by RonC
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few types/styles of shoes that I have ruled out from ever wearing. Not because of their looks  but more to do with the shape of my foot.  Pumps just don't have a chance to fix, period.  My toe box is just too large and every pair I have tried cuts into my tendons.  Same thing with most single strap over the toe box. 

But i never thought i would get knee high stiletto boots and then wear them on the outside of my skinny jeans. A look I have worn many times this year.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 6:09 AM, mlroseplant said:

I think that perhaps we may be entering a time where there's just not a lot of shoes that I want to buy. Not from normal outlets like Nine West, anyway. I have a ton of Nine West shoes, and it used to be something I searched for, but all of these shoes are at least 5 model years old, most probably older than that. Now, I look through their website, and my reaction ranges from ambivalence to cringing.

I agree. I have a couple pairs of heels from Nine West, but over all their styles don't do anything for me. The good old standard spiked heel pump, and spike heeled boots is about all I like, and their styling with the heel straight up at the back of the shoe is not my favorite either. I prefer the spike heel to curve slightly forward, but it seems to be the style of the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I have not bought anything south of three inches in.  .  . I don't think ever. Not counting work boots, or anything previous to 2012. I have bought a few recently that were south of four inches, however. I thought to myself, "Oh, those are actually very cute, and you know, life would be incrementally easier if I would just back off on the heel height a little." Guess what? I haven't worn any of those shoes. Not even once. To be fair, it's a strange, strange year, and unless I want to take a walk around my neighborhood at a good clip, I have precious little reason to wear any shoes where you have to bend over and do up a fussy buckle, so perhaps it's unfair to say I will never wear them at all, but I probably should have known myself a little bit better and kept my money. Like so many people on this forum have said about themselves, I cannot possibly tell you why I like the shoes I do. There is no logic to it whatsoever. It's even worse than that! Sometimes, as you have noted, Jeff, we suddenly do an about-face, and start liking something we didn't before. So who knows?

Who indeed? Years ago, I had no interest whatsoever in sandals, especially flat sandals, today, they're my shoe of choice during summer. Between June and August with precious few exceptions, sandals are pretty much all I wear as I like them a lot. Call it an evolution in my personal style, something I imagine we all experience in one way or another.

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pumped said:

I agree. I have a couple pairs of heels from Nine West, but over all their styles don't do anything for me. The good old standard spiked heel pump, and spike heeled boots is about all I like, and their styling with the heel straight up at the back of the shoe is not my favorite either. I prefer the spike heel to curve slightly forward, but it seems to be the style of the day.

There appears to be a new style, called the Bliss, where the heel has been moved back to its proper position. It seems like they're not pushing it on their website compared to the Tatiana, which is as far as I can tell basically the same shoe, but with the dreaded set-back heel. I would never buy it for myself, but it's a move in the right direction!

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 5.11.23 AM.jpg

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

Who indeed? Years ago, I had no interest whatsoever in sandals, especially flat sandals, today, they're my shoe of choice during summer. Between June and August with precious few exceptions, sandals are pretty much all I wear as I like them a lot. Call it an evolution in my personal style, something I imagine we all experience in one way or another.

I used to hate sandals too, but I think it has something to do with the fact that it was ingrained into me growing up that they were for girls. Obviously, that doesn't bother me now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

These are for me the optimal heel shape and height. Leather pumps from Steven by Steve Madden. Heel is 5.25 inch and there is a .25 in hidden platform. As seen by the wear, I've gotten good use out of them. Currently wearing them at work at my desk. Co-workers are all aware, however i don't walk around the office or obviously the factory in them.

20200806_103652_resized.jpg

 

And to the other topic, never find heels like this on Madden's site now.

Edited by Jkrenzer
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd happily wear either the Nine West or the Edelman's if they fit me properly (which is unlikely due to my wider than typical foot shape), but I could not handle your pumos Jkrenzer, as that heel height is beyond my desire both from a practical wearability standpoint and an aesthetic standpoint.  As indicated in a prior post, I just don't find heels that high attractive.  But you keep on keeping on sir!  And if I saw you wearing them, I'd pass on kudos!

Edited by RonC
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 9:44 AM, Jkrenzer said:

These are for me the optimal heel shape and height. Leather pumps from Steven by Steve Madden. Heel is 5.25 inch and there is a .25 in hidden platform. As seen by the wear, I've gotten good use out of them. Currently wearing them at work at my desk. Co-workers are all aware, however i don't walk around the office or obviously the factory in them.

 

 

And to the other topic, never find heels like this on Madden's site now.

Got a couple of questions: 1) Do you know the model name of these pumps? I wouldn't mind finding a pair of these somewhere out there, but Uncle Google isn't being very helpful. 2) Since this is the place for ruminations, may I ask why do you wear high heels at your desk, but feel you can't walk around the office in them? I understand why you can't go on the factory floor wearing heels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Got a couple of questions: 1) Do you know the model name of these pumps? I wouldn't mind finding a pair of these somewhere out there, but Uncle Google isn't being very helpful. 2) Since this is the place for ruminations, may I ask why do you wear high heels at your desk, but feel you can't walk around the office in them? I understand why you can't go on the factory floor wearing heels.

The model is NEWBEE. Steven by Steve Madden. These have been long since discontinued. 

I know it goes against the intent of most of us but, i don't walk around the office in heels out of respect. We always have customers and suppliers in and I don't want to detract from the business at hand. Also, i often go to the factory floor from places other than my desk, safety shoes etc. are required.

I just googled them, very specific. There is a pair of size 8 on poshmark right now at 25 bucks.

I wear these in 10, they were a little tight at first but the soft leather stretched nicely. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

mlroseplant,

I saw you mention NineWest in your post. I used to shop both an outlet store as well as a specialty retailer NineWest store in the Hawthorn shopping center in Mundelein, IL but all NineWest stores I knew of or shopped have been closed. NineWest went into receivership some time ago and part of the plan to recover debts was for other reailers to market NineWest footwear. This explains why I've seen NineWest in places DSW, Macys, and Nordstrom Rack. You've seen me so you I wear heels as high as yours. Luckily I bought many heels back in the 2009-2012 time frame when the economy wasn't good but heel heights were the highest since the 1970's. I have an arsenal of heels above 5"/12cm to choose from, When Bakers was going strong they sold many shoes with a 5.5"/13.5 cm heel before eventually selling some 6"/15cm heels. So many shoe venues have disappeared like NineWest, Bakers, Shi, Steve Madden (scaled back), Charlotte Russe, Sheikh Shoes (scaled back), BCBG (scaled back) and others. I wrote in another post how at the same time the US shoe market is changing and not for the better the shoe market in Mexico is thriving. Lovely shoes of wondrous heights and made in Mexico and on sale for very low prices. HappyinHeels

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jkrenzer and @HappyinHeels, I'm going to respond to your posts, but probably in a couple days, as I have a lot of ruminating to do today, and I don't want to make this post extremely long.

I have only two items to report, but the story is a little bit long. Suddenly, things is happening! My wife sent me to Walmart last night to pick up a few things. As you know, Walmart now requires masks to enter the store. So they have a person underneath a canopy outside making sure everyone is following the rules. So here I am, walking up to the entrance of the store, and this little Mexican woman yells at me, "I HATE you, I absolutely HATE you!" Don't be alarmed, it was the Walmart employee, whom I've known casually for years, expressing her frustration about how she can't wear heels anymore. I'm guessing she's about 55 or 60. She always comments on my shoes every time I see her. Interestingly, she always wears Dansko clogs to work, often in patent leather. She even has a pair of fire engine red patent leather clogs that she sometimes wears to work. So I stopped to talk for a minute. There was a man there also, obviously another customer who also knows her. She said to me, "How do you wear those heels all the time? I used to wear heels when I was young, but I can't wear them anymore." I said, "Well, I didn't get started until I was in my 40s, but I've practiced a lot since then." The man really didn't react one way or the other. I then said, "Sorry about this, I really need to shave my legs." I had been lazy and let it go for about four days. She said, "I can't see anything from here! You have great legs!" I sheepishly thanked her and proceeded into the store.

As soon as I got into the store, I was accosted by a young woman. I don't know whether she had heard the earlier exchange between me and the Walmart employee a few seconds earlier or not, but she asked me, "HOW? How do you do it?" I said, "How do I do what?" She said, "How do you walk in those heels so easily and gracefully? I sometimes trip in my flip-flops." I swear, she actually used the word "gracefully." I said, "Really, it's just like any other athletic activity. It's just practice. I'm not really all that talented, but I am experienced." She nodded, and we both went about our business.

After purchasing my items, I met the Walmart employee at the front door again, and we had a nice chat about immigrating to the U.S. and learning English. This came up because my wife works at Walmart also, and as many of you know, her first language is not English. It is rather amazing and inventive how people wind up learning a language. This woman said she learned English watching Sesame Street and reading children's books. Her foreign accent is almost undetectable, it's really quite amazing. I have not yet subjected her to my terrible Spanish.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

my Iowa neighbour,

Others have said before so I'll refresh everyone. Firstly once one has practiced a new discipline thoroughly and completely then confidence kicks in and people notice that. Secondly once one has done something enough the novelty to others wears off and that person simply blends into the background of what's expected. There may not be many men who wear high heels in your small Iowa town but you have become that different yet expected part of the background. Just what you wanted all along. Think about what Cali has said about what happens if he doesn't wear heels where he lives and works. People around town including merchants come to know you and they would miss that quirky contribution to the local scene. HinH

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

"I HATE you, I absolutely HATE you!"

Heard that, or a similar phrases, like "I wish I could walk that well in heels",  many times.  It tells you that you have the walk down. Part of it is having the confidence to not think about it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2020 at 6:47 AM, Jkrenzer said:

The model is NEWBEE. Steven by Steve Madden. These have been long since discontinued. 

I know it goes against the intent of most of us but, i don't walk around the office in heels out of respect. We always have customers and suppliers in and I don't want to detract from the business at hand. Also, i often go to the factory floor from places other than my desk, safety shoes etc. are required.

I just googled them, very specific. There is a pair of size 8 on poshmark right now at 25 bucks.

I wear these in 10, they were a little tight at first but the soft leather stretched nicely. 

OK, I get it. If it were me, I would have to leave the heels at home. I would be far too tempted to get up and walk around. Then stroll around the factory. Then get fired. You have great discipline.

I need size 9 in close toed shoes. I found a pair elsewhere online that I'm thinking about. Thanks!

On 8/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, HappyinHeels said:

mlroseplant,

I saw you mention NineWest in your post. I used to shop both an outlet store as well as a specialty retailer NineWest store in the Hawthorn shopping center in Mundelein, IL but all NineWest stores I knew of or shopped have been closed. NineWest went into receivership some time ago and part of the plan to recover debts was for other reailers to market NineWest footwear. This explains why I've seen NineWest in places DSW, Macys, and Nordstrom Rack. You've seen me so you I wear heels as high as yours. Luckily I bought many heels back in the 2009-2012 time frame when the economy wasn't good but heel heights were the highest since the 1970's. I have an arsenal of heels above 5"/12cm to choose from, When Bakers was going strong they sold many shoes with a 5.5"/13.5 cm heel before eventually selling some 6"/15cm heels. So many shoe venues have disappeared like NineWest, Bakers, Shi, Steve Madden (scaled back), Charlotte Russe, Sheikh Shoes (scaled back), BCBG (scaled back) and others. I wrote in another post how at the same time the US shoe market is changing and not for the better the shoe market in Mexico is thriving. Lovely shoes of wondrous heights and made in Mexico and on sale for very low prices. HappyinHeels

Glad to hear that the Mexican market is still doing OK. I imagine that the same is the case farther south, as well. I can't see the Latinas giving up their stilettos anytime soon. Asians, on the other hand, are more fickle. They will latch on to a trend, usually led by Korea or Japan that is either super cute or hideous, one or the other. There doesn't ever seem to be any in between. They're in one of those hideous phases right now.

___________________________________

SEPARATE POST, BUT WAS MERGED:

Totally off-topic, but it was a little too exciting of a day today. We had a severe thunderstorm (no tornado, thank goodness). I was at work at the Facebook facility in Altoona (Iowa). I was outside rooting around in my conex looking for something, and I could see this cloud of dust or sand or something, off in the distance. Several seconds later, the wind speed picked up from about 5 mph to like 75 mph in an instant, and I was pummeled with sand. I tried to get the doors on the conex shut, but was unable to do so. The wind just knocked me over. I gave up quickly, and sprinted to the building, where we stayed in the storm shelter for the next 45 minutes.

Then guys started getting phone calls from their wives and children about trees down, power out, fences being uprooted and crumpled up, and so forth. Therefore, after it calmed down a bit, they sent us home. I was encouraged when I rolled into my town to find that the traffic lights were all still working, and that trash cans were knocked over, but not 3 blocks away from their associated houses. We had zero damage at our house, just a slight mess from small tree branches on the ground.
Edited by mlroseplant
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much to report here, but I did run across a photo of a woman, and I'm like, "Hey wait a minute, I own those shoes!" Steve Madden Crunk. Not in white, but I do have them in black and tan. They're very hard to come by these days, being an older model, but I did manage to snag two almost new pairs earlier this year on Poshmark. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but I think they look rather taller in person than they appear here. The heel measures just shy of 5", but they appear lower than that to me in the instant image. To be honest, even though I like the style, they're not that great of a shoe. If you replace the heel tip early with something more durable, that helps, but the main problem is that the lining, both in the interior of the strap, and the footbed, wears out rather quickly if you actually wear the sandals as everyday footwear. I realize I'm sounding like a broken record I say this so often, but the main problem with heels in general for me is lack of durability. And I'm not hard on shoes!

Other than that, I guess the outfit the woman is wearing is in the ballpark of what I would wear to go get fuel for my car. I wouldn't wear anything sleeveless, but that's a function of my job and tan lines that would look rather unattractive with anything sleeveless. I'm not going to waste a lot of time trying to get rid of them, not to mention I've already had one cancerous area chopped out of my left temple. I just accept that I will wear shirts with sleeves the rest of my life. Not a big deal.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 5.22.25 AM.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the same situation with the tan line, and it's too late in the summer to do anything about it.  It's too bad, because I just discovered how much more comfortable going sleeveless can be in the August heat.  Oh well, I guess I can look ahead and be on the lookout for sleeveless shirts to wear for next year.  

IMG_9540x.thumb.jpg.c211a9f49de778da52b7e8230b54f831.jpg

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I'm in the same situation with the tan line, and it's too late in the summer to do anything about it.  It's too bad, because I just discovered how much more comfortable going sleeveless can be in the August heat.  Oh well, I guess I can look ahead and be on the lookout for sleeveless shirts to wear for next year. 

Yes, unfortunately, I have to wear a minimum of a 4" sleeve at work, so I'm going to have the same problem.  .  . basically forever. If I were as rail thin as you, I might care about it more. My wife likes to keep me a little bit fat, but she has no idea that her encouraging me to gormandize actually keeps me from wearing stuff that she'd truly hate! 🤣

In other developments, for one reason and another, I wore flat sandals pretty much all weekend, and my feet are tired! I do much better in heels, as long as they're not at the extreme end of my personal physical limitations (greater than 4 1/2" steepness). I don't mention this to the general public, because they always say, "You are SO full of it, that couldn't possibly be true." Many of you will understand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.