Heeling a lot lately

Pumps

I haven't really been heeling around here, since I moved back to Denmark, but since nobody seems to raise an eyebrow over my preferred outfit of womens jeans and either womens ankleboots or ballerinas, I thought I'd try a pair of ancle boots with a block heel. I been wearing them everywhere and I haven't had a single bad experience. Not even that many double takes. Really weird and kinda great. So last night I thought I'd do something I never dared: Taking the train to the city and going into a bar and get a drink all by myself, wearing pumps. As i prepared for it I kinda lost the nerve and didn't really think I was gonna do it.One of the problems was that I had to wait about an hour before the train went back, so I was kinda stuck, but after a couple of drinks my courage was back and I went out of the door with no hessitation. I was so weird. Not only did I go into the city, but also into the most well known bar there. I was pretty drunk so I wasn't aware of everyones reaction, but I certainly didn't have any negative experiences. How weird is that? So much healing and nothing negative.

The penny's dropped. The world hasn't stopped turning and the birds haven't fallen from the sky.

When you think about it, why do we think that anyone gives a shit about what you have on your feet? They might think you're weird or something but they'll just think "so what?" and get back to their drinking. The big thing is: nobody cares!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

So true! Just be yourself!

The penny's dropped. The world hasn't stopped turning and the birds haven't fallen from the sky.

When you think about it, why do we think that anyone gives a shit about what you have on your feet? They might think you're weird or something but they'll just think "so what?" and get back to their drinking. The big thing is: nobody cares!

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

How weird is that? So much healing and nothing negative.

Seems nothing has changed in the last 10-15 years then....

Honestly, nobody give a crap... I saw a guy in Brixton high street a week ago in a pink tu-tu, shiny silver leggings, silly spandex top etc, gong about his business, and absolutely nobody was pointing at him, he didnt get arrested, there was no "Freeze frame" as time stood still... He was clearly enjoying himself, and the rest of the world were so wrapped up in their own little worlds, I'm not even sure that many people even noticed him...

And here you are panicking over just your footwear... DOH! lol

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Seems nothing has changed in the last 10-15 years then....

Honestly, nobody give a crap... I saw a guy in Brixton high street a week ago in a pink tu-tu, shiny silver leggings, silly spandex top etc, gong about his business, and absolutely nobody was pointing at him, he didnt get arrested, there was no "Freeze frame" as time stood still... He was clearly enjoying himself, and the rest of the world were so wrapped up in their own little worlds, I'm not even sure that many people even noticed him...

Not really panicking, but in the past I have been mocked, yelled at, pointed at and laughed at, which is why I'm surprised that so much healing drew so little attention. Of course this all happened in other countries. Especially London have been bad.

I haven't really been heeling around here, since I moved back to Denmark, but since nobody seems to raise an eyebrow over my preferred outfit of womens jeans and either womens ankleboots or ballerinas, I thought I'd try a pair of ancle boots with a block heel. I been wearing them everywhere and I haven't had a single bad experience. Not even that many double takes. Really weird and kinda great.

So last night I thought I'd do something I never dared: Taking the train to the city and going into a bar and get a drink all by myself, wearing pumps. As i prepared for it I kinda lost the nerve and didn't really think I was gonna do it.One of the problems was that I had to wait about an hour before the train went back, so I was kinda stuck, but after a couple of drinks my courage was back and I went out of the door with no hessitation. I was so weird. Not only did I go into the city, but also into the most well known bar there. I was pretty drunk so I wasn't aware of everyones reaction, but I certainly didn't have any negative experiences.

How weird is that? So much healing and nothing negative.

Denmark can be quite shortminded especialy if your from the minor parts of the country. But i never had any events so far.

Denmark can be quite shortminded especialy if your from the minor parts of the country. But i never had any events so far.

I can imagine. I only heeled once in Jylland and that was ok. I've been thinking hard and I can't remember a single negative experience in Denmark.

I think a lot of people do still care. A lot of them are us, but a lot of us let just one single bad experience put us off for a long time. The first time I even mentioned heels to someone they laughed at me. I have a lot of friends who are okay with it and a few who aren't. I mean getting pointed at and laughed at it all kinda part of the game until the world changes its mind, if it ever does. Congrats on your outings.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

All, Remember negative comments are nearly always, not by statesmen standing alone, rather by ignorant buffoons with the insulation of their friends and associates, which makes them extremely vulnerable to defeat by verbal jousting. For anyone looking for a way to knock down any would-be bullies I'd recommend asking this question; "What are your credentials to pass judgment on others?" This reply will result in silence and blank stares. Your point is now made. Happy 2012! HappyinHeels

Pumps, congratulations on your newly discovered sense of being true to yourself. It's a beautiful thing when you reject the need to be approved by others and wind up making space to be your true self. It's a beautiful thing when you realize that whether people notice or not really isn't even the ultimate point. The ultimate point is that you chose to be happy when out and about in heels. You did it. The ultimate point is that choice to be happy when heeling, to feel loving towards yourself when heeling is 100% your choice and NO ONE ELSES. It's normal to be helpless with regards to what others think or feel about us.

I don't think that last part was necessary. The specific word "panicking" is likely an overexaggeration, the word 'DOH' devalidates his feelings, and 'lol' is just like laughing at him.

In fact, come to think of it, at the heel meet you showed up at that I held, I didn't see you wear heels. Granted that was years ago, but come on man, put your actions where your mouth is at. Let's see a picture of your flawless fashion imagery and perfect social poise so you can lead by EXAMPLE instead of instruct by only words.

K. Thanks. :smile:

I think a lot of people do still care. A lot of them are us, but a lot of us let just one single bad experience put us off for a long time. The first time I even mentioned heels to someone they laughed at me.

I have a lot of friends who are okay with it and a few who aren't. I mean getting pointed at and laughed at it all kinda part of the game until the world changes its mind, if it ever does.

Congrats on your outings.

And that is perfectly okay. It's easy to feel ashamed for wearing stiletto pumps. By shame I mean the feeling that there is basically something wrong with us: we feel unimportant, we feel inadequate, we feel undeserving, not good enough.

At some early point in many lives here, we developed the belief that we were not lovable because there was something wrong with US. It was our way to cope with pain and since we didn't know any better, we practiced and mastered that belief right into adulthood. In order to make sense of our pain and regain our control, we established a false belief of cause and effect. Cause-I'm unworthy Effect-Shame. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Shame unnaturally gives us a sense of power and control over others feelings and thoughts. We imagine that we are the cause of someone else's disapproval since that belief is the coping skill that nullified our pain years ago.

Shame protects us from other feelings that we don't want to feel, like loneliness and helplessness over others' feelings. These feelings are normal. The truth is that we sometimes choose to feel shame because it's our comfort zone, it's how we medicated ourself years ago when we weren't sophisticated thinkers. It's how we made sense of why others mistreated us. The law of cause and effect was misappropriated at an early age.

And we get virtually addicted to using these outdated beliefs even into adulthood.

The way to get over shame is to learn to love ourselves with compassion. To be kind to ourselves with tender loving care. To realize that in the same way others can't control our thoughts or feelings, we can't control their thoughts about us either. When we can arrive at a point of tender loving calm and acceptance about our helplessness to control others' feelings and thoughts about us, we will also let go of the false beliefs that we are unlovable, unworthy, unimportant. We will treat our desire to wear stiletto pumps in public with importance because deep down we believe and feel our own inherent importance.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

... well, not recently, but here's what I did roughly four years ago: For one out of all my hobbies I'm a band's technician / audio guy. One night we had a gig and when we had put all the stuff in place (backline, PA etc.) and got everything set up nicely I just changed my footwear from flats into 4" heel ankle boots and spent the entire evening in them doing my mixing job and kept everything running smoothly. Well, nobody actually cared although it could be clearly seen what I wore... CU! - Mike

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't want to be noticed in heels, don't do what I did today.:smile: Today was the Queens anniversary, so I went to the city with my camera and my ancle boots with 6 cm heels. Again nobody, and there were thousand people around, seemed to take any notice of my boots. According to my mom I was in TV a lot since I was standing at the front. I don't know if my footwear was ever in the shot, but then who cares ?

• 1 month later...

If you don't want to be noticed in heels, don't do what I did today.:wavey:

Today was the Queens anniversary, so I went to the city with my camera and my ancle boots with 6 cm heels. Again nobody, and there were thousand people around, seemed to take any notice of my boots. According to my mom I was in TV a lot since I was standing at the front. I don't know if my footwear was ever in the shot, but then who cares ?

My footwear was not on TV

I don't know what's happening. I'm wearing my wedge ancleboots to work and noone has said anything. I've been wearing my heeled ancleboots quite a bit with no noticable reactions. Been abroad with only my wedge ancle boots for day and my suede pumps for the evenning. Been to the restaurant and the theater in pumps without any noticable uproar. Today I took the train into the city in my newest pumps and went shopping in the biggest departement store. Sure there were looks, but thats it.

Can it be my attitude ? Have I finally achieved the look that will allow me to wear heels in public with no mocking and laughter ?

Can it be my attitude ? Have I finally achieved the look that will allow me to wear heels in public with no mocking and laughter ?

Without knowing you or seeing you your guess is probably better than ours. Those two elements (attitude{confidence}, look {style}) are exactly those that are required for successful street heeling and acceptance.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Not really panicking, but in the past I have been mocked, yelled at, pointed at and laughed at, which is why I'm surprised that so much healing drew so little attention. Of course this all happened in other countries. Especially London have been bad.

I remember you saying you had strange looks at the hotel you were staying at. This was when I meet you at a heel meet a couple of years ago.

I remember you saying you had strange looks at the hotel you were staying at. This was when I meet you at a heel meet a couple of years ago.

Strange looks ? They were horrible. Laughing at me very obviously at breakfast and treating me very weirdly. Never had that happen to me at other hotels.

• 4 months later...

Went into Copenhagen today by bus/train in my black anklestrap pumps with about 2" heel. Did some shopping and had something to eat. Noone seemed to notice at all. Pretty shocked that I can walk around in the country's busiest shopping area in the tourist season in heels and noone gives a damn. Wow.

Busy places like shopping centers are much better for heeling if you don't want to be seen. People are busy with their own lives and don't have time to do a lot of people watching. Just watch out for teenage girls who giggle a lot. :silly: Steve

Welcome to the real world my friend.

It's not that simple. It didn't use to be like this. I wonder what has changed.

Busy places like shopping centers are much better for heeling if you don't want to be seen. People are busy with their own lives and don't have time to do a lot of people watching. Just watch out for teenage girls who giggle a lot.

:silly:

Steve

I know. Crowds are usually good in that sense, yet Oxford Street was a nightmare.

It's not that simple. It didn't use to be like this. I wonder what has changed.

It may be those great outfits you've been showing us. Heels just go with those outfits and you have the build to pull it off.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Do not be offended but 2" is not really heels. Most people hear the heels but typically focus on the toe box. Were your low heels pointed or rounded? Rounded 2" heels would not really look uncommon to most people as they don't lift you very much or change your gait.

Do not be offended but 2" is not really heels. Most people hear the heels but typically focus on the toe box. Were your low heels pointed or rounded? Rounded 2" heels would not really look uncommon to most people as they don't lift you very much or change your gait.

I beg to differ. It doesn't take a lot of heel to get peoples attention. Remember the controversy over Sarcozy's alleged "high Heels" and they were mens shoes with 1" heels. I have had bad reactions with heels of that size before, so I don't think that was the issue, allthough I do agree that these heels would not get as much attention as my 4" snake print heels. These were round toe btw.

I beg to differ. It doesn't take a lot of heel to get peoples attention. Remember the controversy over Sarcozy's alleged "high Heels" and they were mens shoes with 1" heels. I have had bad reactions with heels of that size before, so I don't think that was the issue, allthough I do agree that these heels would not get as much attention as my 4" snake print heels. These were round toe btw.

These are the ones I wore

http://hhplace.org/gallery/image/1637-/